[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1

Thanks @bidovacsb:)

Just something random - the recent tvn show that featured KJK n talked about his staying power in the industry. They show a small clip from the Game of Dice CF making and first it zooms in on JH dancing before showing the spartace handshake. And the segment ends with JK coming with JH for the MAMA awards and his speech at the red carpet with JH by his side. Not spartacey as such, just wondered if it was because of the recent spartace rumours. Could be a sheer coincidence as well, anyway ...

From episode 289. It is Jong Kook who prompts Jae Suk with 'Mong' the second time around. :)

Hello all, 

As you know the deadline for the 1st round of the Shipper Contest is approaching soon! And we want to submit our entry as soon as possible. So collecting all the votes from the soompi forum and the IG group, the poem to submitted is no. 5.

@WanZ, suggestion accepted for the poem!

5. Tcfewcbwsknmmpw:
Tranquil, Calm,Forever, 
Everyday We Cloaked, 
Buried, Withheld Secrets!
Kookie n Mong
Magic, Passion, Wonder!

Introduction part :

It was a fine morning when two beautiful souls finally had their first formal encounter in a popular variety show in 2009: Family Outing. Initially, the shy ballad singer seemed reserved in front of the quirky but adorable actress, but he couldn't hide his happiness when friend and nation's MC, Yoo Jae-suk picked both of them together in the same team. The actress adapted quickly to the variety format and the ever eager MC was determined to create a Hot Issue of introducing his singer dongsaeng to a third loveline- which at that time was all done in good humor. Little did the viewers know at that time, that exactly a year later, the fates of these two would be entwined again in one of the most successful variety shows of the Hallyu Wave: Running Man

"The tiger and lion fight each other at first but they end up falling in love" - Haha on the famous Jong-kook and Ji-hyo alliance, ep 95

nU8fsVam.jpg

Spartace  in ep 103

As time passed by and the show started gaining popularity, they grew from a senior-junior, to an Oppa-Dongsaeng to very close friends and something more. On the show itself, they are a formidable duo : The Spartan Commander and the Ace, which led to the couple being named Spartace Couple by their loyal fans since episode 21. Their excellent teamwork on the show seemed to have transcended from the games to their small interactions. The fans were quick to notice this, how both of them seemed reticent in the beginning, to Ji-hyo's fangirl-level excitement whenever a Turbo song was played and how they became socomfortable with each other that at times there seems to be no concept of personal space between them. She soon became the only cast member the commander bowed down to and we fans understood the meaning of a Lion only bowing down to his Lioness.

"We looked at each other a little too long to be 'just friends'"

vPdUrCs.jpg

Spartace during a fanmeet

For the past 5 years and counting, this relationship between Jong-kook and Ji-hyo has come a long way. They have their own body language which only they understand. Like any couple, they bicker a lot, but they are also quick to forgive each other mostly in the form of short hugs. Jong-kook seems veryprotective of Ji-hyo and is always there for her whenever the action-packed game requires the cast to go above and beyond. To Ji-hyo, he is the Oppa she can trust and fall back on no matter what and they only betray each other when their roles in the episode demand so. To Jong-kook she is the one for whom he doesn't have to maintain his Commander image, the yin to his yang. She is worried for him and his injuries and is the 1st one to be there for him when he is in physical distress. Despite Ji-hyo's other popular lovelines and Jong-kook's romantic boy image, now, they seem to have reached a level of understanding and show their support to each other in subtle ways. The discerning eyes of Spartacers in this regard have helped identify all their interactions from behind the scenes, or even when they are unaware that the cameras are rolling. Like a normal couple, however, they do suffer from little bouts of jealousy whenever each parties gives or receives attention to/from the opposite gender that sometimes can't be hidden. Further words and actions from the rest of the members only serve to cement our belief that they are a couple.

"When a heart is true, there's no need for words cause even in silence, love can be heard" 

BLSdb7z.jpg

Spartace behind the scenes in Australia

Hope we win this round. And don't forget to vote for our couple when the voting opens!!

• Like 10

Many thanks to @izzahayu,  @sa_ligercouple, @karinkirana, @realcouple_sa, @merada9,  @d_n0112 from IG for all their contributions to the Introduction and the Poems and the pics.

Many thanks to @athoughtcloud1, @WanZ,  @Nina Negru, @aschae for their contributions and poems.

Also, thank you to all who voted! 

And thank you again to all who voted for poem no. 5 from the poet- me. It means a lot!

• Like 4

As shipper this make me feel down.Recently in filming RM want to display more MC with sending out only JH and G* to Jeju island and in present -Dubai. Its seems RM has changed it format/title from running man to dating program of MC. Let be fair that there are another four members excluding G* and JK( they may want to avoid further rumor) or another guest, why only bother to send only JH and G* to another different mission apart from other .

From my opinion I rather member tease on Chen Bolin  than revive MC.

• Like 4

Guys, I have finally submitted the entry for the Shippers Contest!

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/383270-round-1-soompiers-in-paradise-shippers-contest/?do=findComment&comment=19564125

Please Vote when the time starts. Also, it's going to be allowed for ALL users, and not only soompi users , so make sure to ask your friends to vote for as well!

• Like 8

Guest athoughtcloud1

@1102cloud I understand your frustration. We all had thought that with JH joining WAIL and the focus on MC having lessened in the last few episodes, the RM team won't try and push MC again. But the coming episodes, from the little bts we have seen, seem to be doing that. But we really don't know what is in the episodes. Let's wait till we watch the actual episodes before coming to a conclusion. Hope the focus is more on JH n Gary being in the same team as friends than push the outdated MC loveline. But I really don't think they will be able to push the MC loveline as they used to do before since JH is already on WAIL. The last few episodes have emphasized that MC is in the past and Gary has also welcomed JH's new loveline on the show. In two of the last three episodes, the members (JK, Gary n JS) openly mentioned Chen Bolin and were teasing her about him. So as long as references to Chen Bolin are there in the episodes, I don't think they will be able to sell the MC loveline like they did before, if that is what they are aiming for. Perhaps the PD wants to give the MC fans a last few moments of MC before MC is put on cold storage (once WAIL starts airing). I don't think JH's contract will allow them to make her do another loveline on RM. I agree what is happening is not the ideal scenario for us shippers, but I don't have a problem with seeing JH n Gary on the same team as friends, without them being forced to play the Monday couple. But I would have loved to see JH skydiving which I hear she didn't get to do in Dubai.

@androkia91 You are welcome. Glad to know you were the poet. That was a beautiful poem :):)

1 hour ago, androkia91 said:

Guys, I have finally submitted the entry for the Shippers Contest!

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/383270-round-1-soompiers-in-paradise-shippers-contest/?do=findComment&comment=19564125

Please Vote when the time starts. Also, it's going to be allowed for ALL users, and not only soompi users , so make sure to ask your friends to vote for as well!

Thank you @androkia91 for doing so much for SA and SA fans! And thank you too for others who have contributed. :)

All the best to us all!

• Like 4

athoughtcloud1   thanks for calm me down .

Like you I also don't mind seeing them in group or as good friend. Maybe it was me in bad mood. And as I want to cheer myself along spartace tag in insta there are flooded MC moment by Venus**  with quite irritating captions.:sweatingbullets:

It jus sad that it look like they want to sell the loveline back by continuosly putting only two of them in onother mission. I love to see JH interaction with her two JS, SJ, Haha and KS too ( if lucky SA haha ). But by odd sending both away from other member it would be impossible right. Moreover RM seems decreasing its charm. 

Haha may be right. As long JH smile brightly and earn more screen time I am happy as her fan .:blush:

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1

I am sure many of you have seen this. Had seen it on SA baidu, but was waiting for a translation.

From cassandra_rmsa's instagram

article link: http://toutiao.com/i6254004049742397954/ .

Title: Looks forward to in love with Chen Bolin, friendship with Kang Gary remains unchanged, worried about MC fans

In these korean dramas which can be the dating reference for asian female, we always sae those stars fell in love and the bravest and blissful action they do is holding the lover’s hand in the crowded street, eating in stalls, shoppings and smiling under those crazy sight. Never thought that is the dream of “smile goddess” SJH.
. “Yes, people always see the side of me competing. Tbh, i hope this time you guys can see me a side with love. SJH said that in interview few day ago. And for the journey which about to start, caring Mong Ji also know the first batch of people she need to explained to and faced is MC fans.
People who knows abt SJH, naturally know RM give her what meanings: 6 years ago she join YJS team, SJH struggles in her career. At last, she is the only female member in the team and show the other side of her instead of actress: cute and violence, smart and muddle, so the image of mong ji spread in asia. For SJH herself, running man help her to change her personalities,” the truth is before i did RM, my personalities is introverted,not good at social. A person boring like me, keep experiencing in programs and members changed me a lots. My personalities have huge changes and I also want to show the lively and brave side to audiences.
RM let SJH popular for 6 years but SJH said she always finding a chance to break through, which this chance can't be provided in korea program."because I am doing Rm for so long,and the characteristics of it is keep competing, always get angry. So many people only have an impression of me is non stop fight and the side i show in RM. So difficult to consider on different program.” So When China WGM offer her, her first reaction is hold it tight. “ I can show my real self to the chinese audience not familiar with me, and not another me in RM.

Besides, SJH also said that another reason WGM attract her is no scripted setting, she said she do too much missions in RM, “ In these 5 years always receive missions, finish missions, and now i want to show the side she is a normal person, interact with other or male, the real reaction without script.
subtitle: choose wgm most worried abt mc fans, worried about they got betray feel, but her friendship with gary will not change.
Want to choose be real again, this time SJH choose China and china audiences, but in this internet world, in RM formed Monday Couple with KG, via different sweet interaction get many cp fans. SJH now joining We are in love and it caused earthquakes in china and korea. Indeed , some people believe “kg’s mong ji”, and she need to go in another loveline. So some netizens pity on kg.
The feelings of MC fans is SJH most worried thing and most considered thing, “ nearly 6 years and that “pink” feels we are already familiar with , audiences familiar with. Due to many audiences love watching us bickering and show sweetness, so until now i still afraid , and worried, will they disappointed on mw. I join WGM, will they feel betrayal”
So in here specially said, i decided to join WGM, not because not like or hate mc, “Me and Gouge(thats weird name tho) contact/associate(i dun know how to translate this, kinda like working"for so long, it just the situation changed, we are not that kind of friendship easy to break, you guys can believe in the friendship between me and gouge, it will be unchanged.
And SJH also saying in RM not only the partnership she and kg, but also many other members, in there she is a person, “ Not a lady to a male, or a lady with many guys. But only a person to a person, we always compete , run ,exercise” From now on WGM can show you guys the daily life of a couple, SJH as a lady side.
“ So I keep try to think positively, for those like mc, they can see the face of me with another guy with love, might got another taste of it. They can saw many different SJH, How good it is? So i bravely accept this challenge”

Subtitle: the past love always date secretly like have crime, SJH want to date like normal people
. To show a lady side of SJH, hoping no missions no setting variety. Tbh the thoughts under JH hearts is She want to be in love, a love relations like normal people
“i am 36 in korean age, but if asia age, i am 34, so i think i want to back in 34.”
So in order to get back to 34, SJH choose to use the method of Date, she just split out the loneliness in a 34 years old girl, “ i just went to france not long time ago, france is so cold, i already not in love for so long, so it is really a bit lonely, and desolate(?) feel. She joked that. . Not dating for so long, SJH said it is related to her choice, she said she had a principle “not date with people in this circle””not date with people with same job”, So that's why i dun have many chances to date, i always in touch with people mostly are colleagues, so normally i don't regard them as male from the start.
. Even though she is dating in past, because of she is a celebrity, keep dating secretly, “ none of any dates can be like real dates, for example like only 2 of us eat together, in western restaurant, bbq restaurant or military pot restaurant. 34 yrs old SJH saying never do sth with lovers alone, and the feeling at that time is we do sth alone, just like have crimes” So through this WGM, i want to date like a real date.
. Such real dates, in SJH thoughts there are like many many things that she want do with bf, “like hiking, cooking, or camping, do facial treatment, massage. Just the date others were experienced, i want to try."

subtitle: ways to solve the blocks of interracial relationship is communication by hearts, Chen bolin, SJH want you bring her walk through China
. “I never date with foreigners, the first is language are different, also also, i will scare on if we have cultural differences” but she choose being brave “ no matter what, hearts can communicate, tasty food will feel tasty, funny things will laugh together, frustrated thing will angry together. So i dun think it got problem. and language she will believe in technology power, translator in earphone? and the mwe can do a lots of thing, like cooking, exercising, building house, in this process will become closer.
Thoughts on she older than bolin?
Age is not a problem to her,” older but young thoughts is okay, also young with mature thoughts is also okay, age is just a number, can communicate is important. So age difference she dun mind. As long as he is a happy, lively, humour person, i want to date with such guy, since i like making jokes too.

TBH, I am excited for WAIL for the precise reason that Ji Hyo said, that we get to see her in a different setting and a different side of her. Clearly, basing from the behind the scenes/moments in RM we can see that JH is a sweet and caring girl but it is never emphasized since RM is a fast paced variety show.  

Also, I feel like by joining this program, this is a step forward in shedding her image as a Monday Girlfriend and more people would accept that JH and KG are just really friends and nothing more. And when the time comes for Ji Hyo to start a real relationship with whoever she chooses, it would received with love and support. :wub: 

• Like 10

Guest athoughtcloud1

My thoughts after reading the interview:

1. Ji Hyo's desire for an image change - Her image in RM has become so dominant that people associate her real personality with that of her variety image. So taking on WAIL is to showcase a softer side of her personality since it is her competitive side that has come out the most in RM.

Agree with her that while RM has given her so much, it has also limited her potential to a certain extent. Sometimes I wonder if her drama roles get limited because she has such a strong image that doesn't gel with what is expected from the typical female lead of k-dramas (perhaps she doesn't want to take up those roles as well and I am glad I don't get to see her in the run of the mill k-drama). Ideally, I would like to see her in a travel or food variety show that helps her showcase her strengths since she seems to be more the doing type than the talking type. Shipper thoughts:  My dream is to see her in Amazing Race with you know who. I remember in the Amazing Race that KJK had participated in with Kwang Soo, they had as their rivals a chinese couple and when asked about the possible winners of the show, KJK had named the couple team. He said since the woman was very competitive, she would push her man to do better or that he would do better for his wife's sake or something along those lines. At that time, I was not even a shipper and I had thought JK would have done better with JH since KS has a fear of heights and one of the tasks involved standing on a tall shaky tower of baskets or something like that.

2. Desire to move away from the Monday Girlfriend image

Honestly, I think this is the main reason since the variety format that Ji Hyo has chosen is that of a dating show.  I also have worries regarding how RM team is going to play her Monday GF role despite her taking on WAIL. The Dubai BTS is an indication that the next 3 episodes (including the Jeju one) will have plenty of Ji Hyo-Gary moments/interactions. I am fine as long as the show tries to make a transition in their images from that of the Monday couple to that of close team mates, but we have to wait and watch. Still, however hard the team tries to push the Monday CP, it cannot go on as it used to once WAIL starts airing and people get to see a different side of Ji Hyo with Chen Bolin and they get shippers of their own. The whole selling point of the Monday CP is that people believe this couple could become real some day. Ji Hyo and Gary have been telling time and again that they are nothing more than friends, but all the talking doesn't seem to have convinced their fans. Even now when MC interactions have become less on the actual show, once the fanmeets start, they have to do the required fanservice. I hope some of that will change. But being a pragmatist, I also wonder if some of it will continue despite her taking on WAIL. However, WAIL will definitely help Ji Hyo break away from her Monday GF image, helping her showcase a truer version of herself (within the limits of a variety show) as a single woman looking for love. By the time WAIL ends, hopefully some of the RM fans will be able to dissociate the Monday GF image from Ji Hyo's real personality. Anyway, I think it is a calculated move. Ji Hyo, from the interview, comes across as someone who is thinking of a more serious relationship and breaking away from the Monday GF image will definitely help her when it comes to revealing any real relationship.

As a fan, I am tired of the Monday Girlfriend thing. It frustrates me that she has to continue answering frustrating questions about Gary even on her Valentine's day promotional event which is supposed to be about just her and her fans. However, there is nothing much we can do since we do not know the kind of pressure JH or Gary are in. We can only be patient. There are times when I get tired of all the fanservice at the RM fanmeets where childish fans keep asking them to kiss and then they are forced to do some kind of skinship to please the fans. I then fantasize about Ji Hyo getting out of RM and doing some other variety show where she can show a different image of herself. But realistically speaking, that is kind of difficult since you need the right PD and team to repeat the success of a show like RM and RM is Ji Hyo's bread and butter. So, we can just wait, hoping that Ji Hyo will be able to slowly free herself from the Monday GF image. She should realise that so many of her fans love her for her ACE image than for being the Monday GF. We love her because there are very few women in the variety land and she, with her grit and determination, has been an inspiration for many of her female viewers.

3. Her current single status and policy about not dating people in her inner circle

This again seems to be quite a calculated move since it answers questions about why she and Gary cannot have a future together. I think it is the more diplomatic thing to say compared to saying she and Gary are not each other's types. Perhaps the inner circle comment is also meant to distance herself from the recent Spartace rumours. From the Dubai BTS, it seems like Ji Hyo-Jong Kook interactions in front of the fans and the camera are quite less, possibly because of the recent rumours. It is vital at this point that Ji Hyo doesn't get linked with any of her other male colleagues since WAIL is about to air and might have a clause about the participants needing to be single (at least in public) during its run.

Where does that leave spartace? I have my theories just like many spartace shippers about what may be going on, but ultimately none of us can say what is really happening. So, at the moment, I choose to respect Ji Hyo's words. If she says she is single, then so be it. As long as WAIL airs, I will support the Orange Juice couple (Bolin Chen has a really cute smile and I can already see the chemistry). Kookie is definitely showing us the way by supporting the Orange Juice couple. Even if he is just Ji Hyo's friend (contrary to some of our theories), that is such a great thing to do. So for the time being, I will treasure spartace as a wonderful friendship/partnership and will  look forward to seeing their interactions as teammates. One of the reasons why RM has become so boring (and this is as a neutral viewer) is also because there have been few spartace interactions in the recent episodes. Even if one looks at them as just teammates, their interactions, especially epic partnerships and battles against each other, have contributed so much to the dynamics of the show. So hoping that we get to see some of their interactions as teammates once the orange juice couple takes off and the attention shifts from JH-JK a bit.

I am as much of a Ji Hyo fan as a Jong Kook fan. I really really want her to succeed on other shows and break out of her current image. Sometimes I feel that out of all the RM members, she is the most selfless and accommodating. Not only hasn't she cared about her image as an actress, but she also hasn't minded staying in the background when female guests come. I don't know which other actress would be so willing to compromise on her screentime for what she considers to be the overall good of the show. Hoping that WAIL makes her more popular in China and that it will lead to her getting more screen time and a greater role in RM. I am sure this show is for her an attempt to step out of her comfort zone, but it is time she did that.

@athoughtcloud1 i always love love your post and I wholeheartedly agree!!! Ji Hyo is my favorite so it is frustrating sometimes that she gets relegated to just a Monday Girlfriend when she can so much more for the show. And I hate that she is the default partner for JSJ or Gary. Argh. :angry: which reminds me seeing the BTS in Dubai it seems like Ji Hyo did not participate in the Sky Diving with JK/JIW/LDH because she was doing a mission with Gary. I don't want to jump to conclusions yet but if JH was not able to do the sky diving mission because the PD was busy promoting MC, I will be mad! I am sure Ji Hyo would love to do the mission because she is a daredevil and i would hate that she was not given an opportunity just because she needs to be shackled to G. 

If I remember correctly, Ji Hyo has mentioned that she is okay dating someone within the entertainment industry. I think what she meant about not dating someone within her circle, she is referring to actors? Someone has to correct me if I am wrong. So I am still crossing my fingers for SA. My opinion on SA has always been that they like each other but had never really taken that final plunge to make it official. My delulu mind believe that SA will happen after RM only because JH is very grateful for RM and does not want to ruin the dynamics of the cast. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

My thoughts after reading the interview:

1. Ji Hyo's desire for an image change - Her image in RM has become so dominant that people associate her real personality with that of her variety image. So taking on WAIL is to showcase a softer side of her personality since it is her competitive side that has come out the most in RM.

Agree with her that while RM has given her so much, it has also limited her potential to a certain extent. Sometimes I wonder if her drama roles get limited because she has such a strong image that doesn't gel with what is expected from the typical female lead of k-dramas (perhaps she doesn't want to take up those roles as well and I am glad I don't get to see her in the run of the mill k-drama). Ideally, I would like to see her in a travel or food variety show that helps her showcase her strengths since she seems to be more the doing type than the talking type. Shipper thoughts:  My dream is to see her in Amazing Race with you know who. I remember in the Amazing Race that KJK had participated in with Kwang Soo, they had as their rivals a chinese couple and when asked about the possible winners of the show, KJK had named the couple team. He said since the woman was very competitive, she would push her man to do better or that he would do better for his wife's sake or something along those lines. At that time, I was not even a shipper and I had thought JK would have done better with JH since KS has a fear of heights and one of the tasks involved standing on a tall shaky tower of baskets or something like that.

2. Desire to move away from the Monday Girlfriend image

Honestly, I think this is the main reason since the variety format that Ji Hyo has chosen is that of a dating show.  I also have worries regarding how RM team is going to play her Monday GF role despite her taking on WAIL. The Dubai BTS is an indication that the next 3 episodes (including the Jeju one) will have plenty of Ji Hyo-Gary moments/interactions. I am fine as long as the show tries to make a transition in their images from that of the Monday couple to that of close team mates, but we have to wait and watch. Still, however hard the team tries to push the Monday CP, it cannot go on as it used to once WAIL starts airing and people get to see a different side of Ji Hyo with Chen Bolin and they get shippers of their own. The whole selling point of the Monday CP is that people believe this couple could become real some day. Ji Hyo and Gary have been telling time and again that they are nothing more than friends, but all the talking doesn't seem to have convinced their fans. Even now when MC interactions have become less on the actual show, once the fanmeets start, they have to do the required fanservice. I hope some of that will change. But being a pragmatist, I also wonder if some of it will continue despite her taking on WAIL. However, WAIL will definitely help Ji Hyo break away from her Monday GF image, helping her showcase a truer version of herself (within the limits of a variety show) as a single woman looking for love. By the time WAIL ends, hopefully some of the RM fans will be able to dissociate the Monday GF image from Ji Hyo's real personality. Anyway, I think it is a calculated move. Ji Hyo, from the interview, comes across as someone who is thinking of a more serious relationship and breaking away from the Monday GF image will definitely help her when it comes to revealing any real relationship.

As a fan, I am tired of the Monday Girlfriend thing. It frustrates me that she has to continue answering frustrating questions about Gary even on her Valentine's day promotional event which is supposed to be about just her and her fans. However, there is nothing much we can do since we do not know the kind of pressure JH or Gary are in. We can only be patient. There are times when I get tired of all the fanservice at the RM fanmeets where childish fans keep asking them to kiss and then they are forced to do some kind of skinship to please the fans. I then fantasize about Ji Hyo getting out of RM and doing some other variety show where she can show a different image of herself. But realistically speaking, that is kind of difficult since you need the right PD and team to repeat the success of a show like RM and RM is Ji Hyo's bread and butter. So, we can just wait, hoping that Ji Hyo will be able to slowly free herself from the Monday GF image. She should realise that so many of her fans love her for her ACE image than for being the Monday GF. We love her because there are very few women in the variety land and she, with her grit and determination, has been an inspiration for many of her female viewers.

3. Her current single status and policy about not dating people in her inner circle

This again seems to be quite a calculated move since it answers questions about why she and Gary cannot have a future together. I think it is the more diplomatic thing to say compared to saying she and Gary are not each other's types. Perhaps the inner circle comment is also meant to distance herself from the recent Spartace rumours. From the Dubai BTS, it seems like Ji Hyo-Jong Kook interactions in front of the fans and the camera are quite less, possibly because of the recent rumours. It is vital at this point that Ji Hyo doesn't get linked with any of her other male colleagues since WAIL is about to air and might have a clause about the participants needing to be single (at least in public) during its run.

Where does that leave spartace? I have my theories just like many spartace shippers about what may be going on, but ultimately none of us can say what is really happening. So, at the moment, I choose to respect Ji Hyo's words. If she says she is single, then so be it. As long as WAIL airs, I will support the Orange Juice couple (Bolin Chen has a really cute smile and I can already see the chemistry). Kookie is definitely showing us the way by supporting the Orange Juice couple. Even if he is just Ji Hyo's friend (contrary to some of our theories), that is such a great thing to do. So for the time being, I will treasure spartace as a wonderful friendship/partnership and will  look forward to seeing their interactions as teammates. One of the reasons why RM has become so boring (and this is as a neutral viewer) is also because there have been few spartace interactions in the recent episodes. Even if one looks at them as just teammates, their interactions, especially epic partnerships and battles against each other, have contributed so much to the dynamics of the show. So hoping that we get to see some of their interactions as teammates once the orange juice couple takes off and the attention shifts from JH-JK a bit.

I am as much of a Ji Hyo fan as a Jong Kook fan. I really really want her to succeed on other shows and break out of her current image. Sometimes I feel that out of all the RM members, she is the most selfless and accommodating. Not only hasn't she cared about her image as an actress, but she also hasn't minded staying in the background when female guests come. I don't know which other actress would be so willing to compromise on her screentime for what she considers to be the overall good of the show. Hoping that WAIL makes her more popular in China and that it will lead to her getting more screen time and a greater role in RM. I am sure this show is for her an attempt to step out of her comfort zone, but it is time she did that.

I agree with most of what you said but disagree with quite a bit too, I have no doubt that Gary desires Ji Hyo alot, I think his affection towards her is real and was even stronger a few years ago, he also repeatedly said he tried to date her for 5 years but she keeps rejecting him. Song Ji Hyo on the other hand doesn't seem romantically interested in him, she has often stated he isn't her type. as for RM i don't think JH is as dependen on it as you my think, she does alot of other projects as an actress/model/variety star at the same time too, I think the ones who are really dependent on RM is Ji Suk Jin, Gary, and Haha.

• Like 1

@mary-ann I honestly don't think KG has any romantic feelings for SJH at this point. MC was started not because KG had a genuine crush on SJH, but because he needed a way to get more screen time. Him hitting on her seemed more like a joke between friends than serious. Maybe in the beginning he had some attraction to SJH, but I don't think it exists anymore. I mean, he's always happy when female guests come, abandoning MC when that happens. And, yes, it's a joke - all the other RM members do it - but since he's the Monday Boyfriend, KG doesn't have to favor the guests. The chasing-after-her-for-five-years thing I've always taken to be KG playing the role of the Monday boyfriend. The story of MC has been mainly KG chasing after SJH. They did "date" before the news of her CEO came out, but after that, they never actually "dated" on the show. So the majority of MC has been KG trying to win SJH over, and her playing the hard-to-get woman who does have some feelings for him but won't date him. To me, KG's comments about wanting to date her and how he's been asking her out are just him continuing that role. 

I think SJH is trying to distance herself from MC, and I would have claimed that the staff was helping in prep for WAIL until I saw the BTS for the filming for the upcoming episodes. I won't make any judgments until I see the episodes, but I honestly think pushing MC while SJH is doing WAIL would hurt SJH (and by extension the show). I doubt it would be any massive damage, but you're going to have MC fans who criticize SJH for doing MC and WAIL at the same time (therefore cheating on KG) and you're going to have SJH fans who are frustrated by MC. I do really hope they're going to end MC, at least temporarily, but we won't know that until the episodes come out. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, linzer03 said:

@mary-ann I honestly don't think KG has any romantic feelings for SJH at this point. MC was started not because KG had a genuine crush on SJH, but because he needed a way to get more screen time. Him hitting on her seemed more like a joke between friends than serious. Maybe in the beginning he had some attraction to SJH, but I don't think it exists anymore. I mean, he's always happy when female guests come, abandoning MC when that happens. And, yes, it's a joke - all the other RM members do it - but since he's the Monday Boyfriend, KG doesn't have to favor the guests. The chasing-after-her-for-five-years thing I've always taken to be KG playing the role of the Monday boyfriend. The story of MC has been mainly KG chasing after SJH. They did "date" before the news of her CEO came out, but after that, they never actually "dated" on the show. So the majority of MC has been KG trying to win SJH over, and her playing the hard-to-get woman who does have some feelings for him but won't date him. To me, KG's comments about wanting to date her and how he's been asking her out are just him continuing that role. 

I think SJH is trying to distance herself from MC, and I would have claimed that the staff was helping in prep for WAIL until I saw the BTS for the filming for the upcoming episodes. I won't make any judgments until I see the episodes, but I honestly think pushing MC while SJH is doing WAIL would hurt SJH (and by extension the show). I doubt it would be any massive damage, but you're going to have MC fans who criticize SJH for doing MC and WAIL at the same time (therefore cheating on KG) and you're going to have SJH fans who are frustrated by MC. I do really hope they're going to end MC, at least temporarily, but we won't know that until the episodes come out. 

Maybe not any longer, because i think he now understands he has no chance since she time after time has rejected his advance, but i'm pretty sure he desired and had genuine feelings for her for a long time. he answered the same during the press conference in front of reporters and camera men so it's not just fanservice. I also don't understand the production team they are desperately trying to revive the MC-loveline, and it's soo frustruating.

• Like 1

Guest athoughtcloud1

@mary-ann May I know which PC you are talking about? My understanding has always been that Gary's Monday BF image and his real life personality are both different. Like @linzer03 said, I think he might have had a crush on SJH in the beginning of RM, but I have always seen the Monday BF as part of his variety image and not his real personality. http://www.leessangclown.com/2014/02/10-important-revelations-from-kang.html But I don't think he was the only one. From what I have observed, a couple of them may have had crushes on Ji Hyo initially.

@tee2015 I loved your post too. I agree that what she said about the inner circle need not be about entertainers since she had said she is okay with an entertainer as her partner before. But we can't be sure whether her policy has changed or not. Most likely though, it is her way to tide over the current rumours since they can come in the way of people accepting her new loveline. For the time being, it is pretty clear that JH does not want anybody to think she has romantic feelings for any of the guys on the show. Her saying that she hasn't seen any of them as men from the beginning points to that. I think this is again something she has always maintained whenever she has been asked about her Monday loveline - that she sees all of them as family.  Yeah, I agree with you. I also don't see SA happening before RM ends since there are just way too many complications. Anyway, let's enjoy the ride as long as we can. :)

@linzer03 As to why the RM team is intent on giving Monday couple interaction when WAIL is close to airing  is still beyond my comprehension.  From the interview, it looked like JH was worried that the Monday fans would think her joining the show would ruin her friendship with Gary. So even though we do not like this much focus on the MC couple at this point, perhaps the coming episodes will emphasize the fact that their friendship has not changed. That is as positive and charitable as I can get towards the RM team at the moment. Anyway, let's watch before judging them.

One of the memorable spartace bickering moments from the early episodes. Remember how they used to bicker in the openings?

cre: as tagged

I don't believe in interviews, questions and topics are arranged with the celebrity/ politician or her/his manager/secretary, it's a way to manipulate the audience, but I can be seen too biased in this specific case, so I'll trust JH words to analyze her situation and I'll pretend SA never existed for me (only in this post :P ).
-She isn't dating and will never date someone in the same field. I have so many questions about it, did she mean actors or showbiz people in general? The second one it's not really believable, she will not have so many options she should avoid actors,singers,entertainers, PD, directors, CEO of agencies like her ex(maybe the reason?), ecc, the list can go on for very long, what would be left? Politicians, business men, athletes, maybe something else that doesn't come to mind, unless she likes a dramalike life and will date a man with a normal job, it's not impossible but really unlikely.I anticipate a news like " Famous actress/singer will marry the grocery shop's guy" lol but I think the only one who did something like this was Madonna when had a child with the personal trainer ( I'm not too much into gossip, so maybe I don't know and there are a lot of relationships between stars and "poor" people).
The reporter didn't ask further so for now let's think she is single and doesn't like to work with her partner. This is a smart move, with two words she would like to make all the shippers (MC/SA)  be quiet, maybe this can even help ward off the new shippers for the chinese show.

-She is tired of her image in Running man, she wants to show a softer and feminine side of her. Mmmm...in my brain it sounds like "I'm tired of running man". I'm influenced by her attitude in recent and not so recent episodes of running man, she isn't so active, there are sparks sometimes, but she doesn't seem to have fun anymore, and this can be extended to other members too. I'm not blaming her (them), it's understandable, 6 years are a lot of time, the PD doesn't help, they can't quit because surely they are grateful and love running man and moreover the show is on the verge of closure ( the ratings are really low), so if someone decide to put an end, will probably be considered a betrayer by the audience, for real this time not like in games. I can be wrong and she really only wants a breath of fresh air, I hoped she could choose something different, something were she was independent, but she will be associated with someone else again. I don't even understand the meaning of the program, it's a genre I dislike so much and find it stupid, but I really like JH as a person (from what I know obviously) so I wish her  success and the most important thing I really hope she will enjoy herself. However her choice brings to the second part, she wants to show more sides of her personality, more specifically her feminine side. It can be related to her actress career as @athoughtcloud1 said, she is considered a tough woman, everybody knows people usually tend to associate the public image with a movie/tvshow character, and sadly there aren't so many strong female leads in kdramas or movies, so she really needs to soften her image. hopefully this will help to create more opportunities. I'm sorry to be blunt but she is almost 35 years old, it's probably now or never.

- Through her words I can see how she is afraid about MC shippers, I feel sorry for her, and a little guilty, given that I ship her with JK,even if I' m not at the same level of certain fans (not all MC fans, hopefully). WAIL can help her  to stop MC, even if at first she'll be bashed, it's better with the help of a fake partner than a real one. 
I don't know what will happen in the three next episodes where JH and Gary are separated (or it seems so) from the rest, maybe the PD will show they aren't MC anymore but friends and partner for the show, or he choose to give fans the final MC moments, or he wanted to compete with WAIL (he'll been insane, but who knows), if I'm not wrong WAIL will start the 28th of february so for three episodes we can compare MC and orangejuice couple. We will see.
It's a pity JH and Gary couldn't fully enjoy Dubai's experience with everyone else, it happens once in a lifetime you can be in a foreign country so far from yours with all your co-workers (more like friends after 6 years), they wasted at least part of it. I can compare with my school trips in other countries when I was in highschool, it would have been so sad if I or someone else was forced to be with only one person, but everybody else could be together.  even if I wasn't close to everybody (of course), I cherish those memories so much, because it's impossible it will happen again.

Not in topic...for the contest, I'll vote, I'm sorry I couldn't vote for the poem and thanks for the hardwork to the people who wrote the introduction :)

P.S.: I'm really sorry for my bad english,I hope it's at least understandable.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, laubi said:

I don't believe in interviews, questions and topics are arranged with the celebrity/ politician or her/his manager/secretary, it's a way to manipulate the audience, but I can be seen to biased in this specific case, so I'll trust JH words to analyze her situation and I'll pretend SA never existed for me (only in this post :P ).
-She isn't dating and will never date someone in the same field. I have so many questions about it, did she mean actors or showbiz people in general? The second one it's not really believable, she will not have so many options she should avoid actors,singers,entertainers, PD, directors, CEO of agencies like her ex(maybe the reason?), ecc, the list can go on for very long, what would be left? Politicians, business men, athletes, maybe something else that doesn't come to mind, unless she likes a dramalike life and will date a man with a normal job, it's not impossible but really unlikely.I anticipate a news like " Famous actress/singer will marry the grocery shop's guy" lol but I think the only one who did something like this was Madonna when had a child with the personal trainer ( I'm not too much in gossip, so maybe I don't know and there are a lot of relationships between stars and "poor" people).
The reporter didn't ask further so for now let's think she is single and doesn't like to work with her partner. This is a smart move, with two words she would like to make all the shippers (MC/SA)  be quiet, maybe this can even help ward off the new shippers for the chinese show.

-She is tired of her image in Running man, she wants to show a softer and feminine side of her. Mmmm...in my brain it sounds like "I'm tired of running man". I'm influenced by her attitude in recent and not so recent episodes of running man, she isn't so active, there are sparks sometimes, but she doesn't seem to have fun anymore, and this can be extended to other members too. I'm not blaming her (them), it's understandable, 6 years are a lot of time, the PD doesn't help, they can't quit because surely they are grateful and love running man and moreover the show is on the verge of closure ( the ratings are really low), so if someone decide to put an end, will probably be considered a betrayer by the audience, for real this time not like in games. I can be wrong and she really only wants a breath of fresh air, I hoped she could choose something different, something were she was independent, but she will be associated with someone else again. I don't even understand the meaning of the program, it's a genre I dislike so much and find it stupid, but I really like JH as a person (from what I know obviously) so I wish her  success and the most important thing I really hope she will enjoy herself. However her choice brings to the second part, she wants to show more sides of her personality, more specifically her feminine side. It can be related to her actress career as @athoughtcloud1 said, she is considered a tough woman, everybody knows people usually tend to associate the public image with a movie/tvshow character, and sadly there aren't so many strong female leads in kdramas or movies, so she really needs to soften her image. hopefully this will help to create more opportunities. I'm sorry to be blunt but she is 35 years old already, it's probably now or never.

- Through her words I can see how she is afraid about MC shippers, I feel sorry to her, and a little guilty, given that I ship her with JK,even if I' m not at the same level of certain fans (not all MC fans, hopefully). WAIL can help her  to stop MC, even if at first she'll bashed, it's better with the help of a fake partner that a real one. 
I don't know what will happen in the three next episodes where JH and Gary are separated (or it seems so) from the rest, maybe the PD will show they aren't MC anymore, or he choose to give fans the final MC moments, or he wanted to compete with WAIL (he'll been insane, but who knows), if I'm not wrong WAIL will start the 28th of february so for three episode we can compare MC and orangejuice couple. We will see. It's a pity JH and Gary couldn't fully enjoy Dubai's experience with everyone else, it happens once in a lifetime you can be in a foreign country so far from yours with all your co-workers (more like friends after 6 years), they waisted at least part of it. I can compare with my school trips in other country when I was in highschool, it would have been so sad if I or someone else was forced to be with only one person, but everybody else could be together.  even if I wasn't close to everybody (of course), I appreciate those memories so much, because it's impossible it will happen again.

Not in topic...for the contest, I'll vote, I'm sorry I couldn't vote for the poem and thanks for the hardwork to the people who wrote the introduction :)

P.S.: I'm really sorry for my bad english,I hope it's at least understandable.

When she said she doesn't want to date someone in her circle, I think he particularly was implying her RM co-workers. that's atleast how i automatically understood it. but then again we know that Byun Yo Han showed some real interest in her after their drama together, but rejected him, so it could also apply to fellow actors but i personally don't think so, I think she may be a bit tired of RM since it's been so long, and she has been on the show nonstop, she probably just needs a break from it. by the way she is only 34 years and recently turned 34 through she looks like someone in her early 20's, just with extraordinary beauty, her beauty is truly remarkable. I think the reason she said that she won't date someone in her circle,is because all the dating rumors that has been floating around with the RM members, she is probably tired of it, because she can't act natural with the members after such rumors were floating for awhile, knowing everyone will analyze every move she makes, and with her easy going personality I think that can be exhausting. I know it may sound weird saying this since it comes from a shipper, but i can just can relate to her words and action, i think it all makes perfect sense, and I personally think she is making the right choices right now. I really like that she is joining the chinese version of WGM, I always wanted to see her in this show, I don't feel that she will be associated with someone else more then neccesary, because no matter whether you are filming a movie, drama, photo shoot, commercials, realityshow there will always be someone else, so in that sense she will always be associated with different people depending on the projects she is taking.

I also think it's a clever move to take on a new reality/variety show to showcase her real self, or rather a new side of her we usually don't see on RM. but which we see in her modelling and acting so often.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/south-korean-actress-song-jihyo-attends-banilaco-store-opening-on-picture-id502402144

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXALQMkWkAAYHsv.jpg

• Like 3