[Movie 2014] The Pirates 해적: 바다로 간 산적

Guest sunshine4ever

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mahominami

Hi everyone! Please vote on Son Ye-JIn and Kim Nam-Gil.Source: Showbiz Korea
[star Ranking Poll] Star Ranking poll is ready for you! 

Topic: "Celebrity couples who Created the Best Chemistry"

https://www.facebook.com/Showbizkoreatv?ref=br_tf

Look for this in the 'Comment' area: ( Showbiz Korea 3. Son Ye-jin & Kim Nam-gil (손예진 & 김남길) ),then click "Like".

Writer discusses 'Pirates' success

photo487189.jpg

Cheon Seong-il, the scriptwriter behind the current blockbuster "Pirates" (2014), says he gets inspired by psychology books, entertainment shows and blogs that reveal the daily lives of ordinary people. By Kim Jin-sol

After the success of the dramas "The Slave Hunters" (2010) and "7th Grade Civil Servant" (2013), an ambitious idea came to scriptwriter Cheon Seong-il.

The 43-year-old decided to write a family movie about pirates, which in large part depended on exaggerated computer graphics.

And in cinematic terminology, that meant money - lots and lots of it.

"The first thing they [the film producers] asked me was, 'So how are you possibly going to make this work?'" Cheon, the man behind "Pirates" (2014), said during a telephone interview with the JoongAng Ilbo last Thursday.

"I think it's the first time I have written a scenario without thinking about the cost to actually produce it", he continued.

Cheon's latest creation - with a plot that circles around pirates, bandits and royal forces fighting each other with sophisticated swordplay to win ownership of a missing state seal - has garnered more than eight million views, and seems far from losing momentum.

The following is an edited excerpt of the interview with Cheon.

Q. What do you think was the driving force behind the movie's success?

A. I think it's the power of the genre. Unlike "The Admiral: Roaring Currents" [2014] and "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant" [2014], our theme was based on a comic marine adventure.

I trusted director Lee Seok-hoon's sense of humor, and I think it came out well in the movie. There were many scenes in the film that came to life better on screen than they had in my script. [more]

have to say this is my favorite movie from kim nam gil. well, only his parts and with son ye jin. love the comic from him and the chemistry with syj.wish he and syj have a modern comic movie. then i'm sure it will hit blockbuster like crazy.here are my favorite scenes- flying out with the rope and was like what the heck. ahh run!!!- when he took all the flying arrows for syj and then he said "ouch it stings!" - he was putting herbal leaves on her, and scratching himself with her hand tagged along because they were handcuffed together.- both of them peeing in the ocean.
- and it was cute that he called her "my lady".
what is everyone's favorite scene?

LoVe Cartier

said:have to say this is my favorite movie from kim nam gil. well, only his parts and with son ye jin. love the comic from him and the chemistry with syj.wish he and syj have a modern comic movie. then i'm sure it will hit blockbuster like crazy.here are my favorite scenes- flying out with the rope and was like what the heck. ahh run!!!- when he took all the flying arrows for syj and then he said "ouch it stings!" - he was putting herbal leaves on her, and scratching himself with her hand tagged along because they were handcuffed together.- both of them peeing in the ocean.

maddymappo said:

LoVe Cartier

said:have to say this is my favorite movie from kim nam gil. well, only his parts and with son ye jin. love the comic from him and the chemistry with syj.wish he and syj have a modern comic movie. then i'm sure it will hit blockbuster like crazy.here are my favorite scenes- flying out with the rope and was like what the heck. ahh run!!!- when he took all the flying arrows for syj and then he said "ouch it stings!" - he was putting herbal leaves on her, and scratching himself with her hand tagged along because they were handcuffed together.- both of them peeing in the ocean.

• 2 weeks later...

good news to Filipino fans, Pirates will be shown in the Philippines on October 22, check the link below

https://www.smcinema.com/news/the-pirates-sm-cinexclusive

;)

Guest hstar16

I share my stt from http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/573/son-ye-jin-%EC%86%90%EC%98%88%EC%A7%84/p558"I watched "The pirates" at the Lotte cinema in our country yesterday. GREAT!!!! a great movie, i love it. It's so funny. Our Ye Jin's very beautiful, her action scenes are so cool. I'm still very happy now, and i'm looking forward to watching "The pirates" one more time at the cinema . Hope all her fans can watch it soon,i'm sure u'll want to watch again and again"

• 1 month later...

Archived