[Movie 2014] The Pirates 해적: 바다로 간 산적

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest rintintintin

Thank you again @LindaWM! you're the best... KNG looks like a ninja here! a hottest bandit for me. :) I want more cuts!!! Can't wait for the Pirate part. :P

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm staring at the pics right now and I love what I'm looking at. :D Thanks LindaWM!!!

I hope KNJ's 3-day rest is enough for him to go back in good shape.
Anxious to see still cuts of the female pirates. Never seen SYJ in a sageuk so I'm very curious as to how she will look.

Guest jjsweeter0211

CHUNGMURO/FILM NEWS
Kim Nam-gil the Pirate

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/08/kim-nam-gil-the-pirate/

-EDited due to copyright claims of dramabeans ~lyra

Guest LindaWM

You're welcome guys. I just re-uploaded the pics. It's nothing >_<
Btw the first stills of Pirates is located in Cheongwansan, a mountain of Jeollanam-do, western South Korea. It has an altitude of 723 metres. Scr: unionpress

Guest achong

Hi everyone,I've became a great fan of kim nam gil thro his drama Shark.I find his acting is very out of the world.From what I've seen in other actors.He really bring out the character and his emotion is really from his heart.I got attracted to him becos of his charisma and serious looks.I've been trying to watch his movie "Lovers Vanished" but can't seem to find any websites that i can watch.Anyway,great to have u gals coming together n talk about him.

rintintintin said: yuhotarubi said: Hi guys :-h sooooooo happy to see you all here, thank god we have pirates to heal our hearts after loosing Kim Nam Gil ( again). This will be lighthearted film right ??? With comedy elements too right ??? So Kim Nam Gil will live right ??? I will keep hoping :-bd lyra_brillantez said: Seems like we only changed pool eh? We're on the same boat yay!

Guest sunshine4ever

Kim Nam-Gil, Son Ye-Jin movie 'Pirate', crank in amid the heat

2013/08/22(Thu) 23:16

1L2U3fy.jpg

Kim Nam-Gil, Son Ye-Jin movie 'Pirate', crank in amid the heat
The historical drama ocean blockbuster movie 'Pirate', in which top actors gathered around, displayed shooting.

The movie 'Pirate', in which the competitive casts, such as Kim Nam-Gil, Son Ye-Jin, Yoo Hae-Jin, Park Cheol-Min, Sulli, Lee Kyung-Young, Oh Dal-Su, Jung Sung-Hwa, etc, attracts the attention, started first shooting on 15th, in Jang Heung, Jeollanamdo. The movie describes the story of the mountain robber Jang Sa-Jung, who came down to sea to capture the phantom whale that swallowed Chosun's royal seal, exploring the sea with female pirate Yeo-Wol.

The first shooting held on last 15th was proceeded with the scene that the head of mountain robbers Jang Sa-Jung, who heard the news that getting Chosun's Royal seal out of phantom whale's stomach leads to big success, decides to turn himself into a pirate and heading toward to sea with his servants. It is known that despite extreme summer heat, the actors with thick make-up and clothes ceaselessly ran about mountains, working very hard.

In the movie, Kim Nam-Gil plays role of the mountain robber Jang Sa-Jung, and Son Ye-Jin plays role of Yeo-Wol the pirate. Those two are performing together once again, after the drama 'The Shark', thus gathering expectation. [사진=롯데엔터테인먼트]

Source: http://www.innolife.co.kr/list.php?ac_id=5&ai_id=6934

--------------

Filming officially begins for ‘Pirates’ movie

By Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com – Wed, Aug 21, 2013 6:05 PM PHT

Upcoming South Korean movie ‘Pirates’ (director: Lee Suk Hoon) starring Son Ye Jin, Kim Nam Gil, and others have officially began filming recently.

‘Pirates’ can boast of a wide array of stars gathered together. Besides Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil, the production will also feature the likes of Yoo Hae Jin, Park Chul Min, Kim Won Hae, Jo Dal Hwan, f(x)’s Sulli, Jung Sung Hwa, Lee Kyung Young, Oh Dal Soo, and many more. Filming for the movie officially started at Cheongwan Mountain in Jangheung, South Jeolla Province on August 15th.

Billed as the Korean version of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, the movie is set in the Joseon Dynasty and revolves around a giant whale which swallowed a royal seal, and the coming together of a mountain bandit Jang Sa Jung (Kim Nam Gil) and a female pirate Yeo Wol (Son Ye Jin), and their respective groups who seek to capture it. ‘Pirates’ will be directed by Lee Suk Hoon who did ‘Dancing Queen’ and ‘Two Faces of my Girlfriend’ previously. The movie also sees the reunion of Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil, having only just collaborated in KBS 2TV drama ‘Shark’ recently.

This will be Kim Nam Gil’s second period production following ‘Queen Sun Deok’, and he will seek to display the imposing charisma in his role of mountain bandit Jang Sa Jung. Son Ye Jin will be seeking to show a different set of charms through her role as female pirate Yeo Wol.

Besides Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil, the supporting cast members are also known for their impressive talents. Best supporting actor Yoo Hae Jin, Park Chul Min, together with Kim Won Hae and Jo Dal Hwan who have shone on variety shows, will be bringing in the laughs for viewers.

Meanwhile, Lee Yi Kyung who rose to prominence through drama ‘School 2013’ together with f(x)’s Sulli, will serve as the pretty faces of the movie. Also, famed musical actor Jung Sung Hwa, actor Lee Kyung Young, Kim Tae Woo will also raise the fun factor of the movie with their participation.

The first filming involved lead head mountain bandit Jang Sa Jung hearing that one could get a government position and riches if they recover a royal seal that was swallowed whole by a giant whale. Sa Jung decides to become a pirate and leads his men down the mountain, and into the big sea.

Despite the hot weather conditions, Kim Nam Gil, Yoo Hae Jin, and others moved frequently among the woods and showed great determination to get good scenes on the camera.

‘Pirates’ is tentatively scheduled for release in the first half of 2014.

By: Lee Zhao Tam

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Source: http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/filming-officially-begins-for-pirates-movie-100500656.html

Oh MY seeing the pictures of KNG can't wait to see this  movie. He look so handsome, plus his second teamup  with Son Ye Jin. I thought they don't make second time pairing in korean dramas , could it be this is a movie but still, right after the drama.I like their pics of prayer ceremony. They both look good together. Hurray for you two. And i want to add too that i'm happy that Sulli(fx) is in this movie. I watch To The Beautiful You, and I like her acting.  

sunshine4ever said:
Filming officially begins for ‘Pirates’ movie

(...) This will be Kim Nam Gil’s second period production following ‘Queen Sun Deok’, and he will seek to display the imposing charisma in his role of mountain bandit Jang Sa Jung. Son Ye Jin will be seeking to show a different set of charms through her role as female pirate Yeo Wol. (...)

By: Lee Zhao Tam

Guest rintintintin

asti_g_mei said: rintintintin said: yuhotarubi said: Hi guys :-h sooooooo happy to see you all here, thank god we have pirates to heal our hearts after loosing Kim Nam Gil ( again). This will be lighthearted film right ??? With comedy elements too right ??? So Kim Nam Gil will live right ??? I will keep hoping :-bd lyra_brillantez said: Seems like we only changed pool eh? We're on the same boat yay!

Guest vttr11

http://m.enewsworld.interest.me/news/news_view.asp?nsID=44534

Latest K-pop news, Korean drama & movie - enewsworld

After shining in SBS′ That Winter, the Wind Blows, actor Kim Tae Woo will be returning to the silver screen in the upcoming film Pirates.

A rep from Harimao Pictures told enews, "Kim Tae Woo has made the final decision to join the film. We expect he′ll add more liveliness to the story by going against Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil."

Pirates is set in the Joseon period, and is about pirates and bandits trying to catch a whale that swallowed the royal seal. It′s a blockbuster film, with costs for production amounting up to 10 billion won.

An official from his agency Chorok Entertainment said, "It is true he will be joining Pirates. He′ll be shooting with Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil. Filming will start on August 28."

Kim Tae Woo will be playing Moh Heung Gap, a man who is always at odds with Kim Nam Gil′s character.

It will also be the actor′s first time acting with actress Son Ye Jin.

Guest sunshine4ever

@vttr11, thanks for the awesome news... :)

Here is a clearer picture of Kim Tae Woo

dWMME9c.jpg

credits http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/44534
lyrayoo said: Hmmm. The official site via naver changed the title of this movie from Pirate to 해적: 바다로 간 산적 Pirate: Bandits Across the Sea (If my translation is correct).

Archived