[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

Guest safiresea

@mattie2012  and countless others, thanks for you great views on Reel vs. REAL, it's quite refreshing and grounded  =D> =D> That being said, I have a few points I like to contribute that may be a contradiction to your views.  While it's true acting IS a job and being a good actor/actress means knowing how to differentiate what's real and what's not...but here I will dare say....great or not, they are nothing more than just humans, with humans emotions, flaws and all.  Yes, of course when you're acting you turn on and off your "light-switch" but that doesn't mean it works all the time...even the lights go out sometimes.  I think probably around 80% of the time, give or take, they can be professional and is done successfully if they don't hate or abhor their co-star, they can put on the act and do what's necessary to get the job done.  The other left over percentages is for when the right person comes along in the right situation and sparks fly...well, emotions, I'm sorry to say, is not something you can easily contain (you can CONTROL it, but that's not the same thing).  You can't contain your racing heartbeat, or the way your skin heats up, or your dry mouth, etc these are involuntary response your body makes in response to seeing what it wants/like....but you can choose how to CONTROL it in your own action.  Even the best lawyers will sometimes loose a case or two, even the best doctor cannot always save lives, and even the best businessman loose thousands or millions once in a while...my point is your profession can only carry you so far, no one is ever going to master it with a perfect score.  Hollywood and it's rampant failed marriages is a prime example, actors and actresses don't live a normal life like us....they meet a whole lot of people from adoring crazy fans to other ultra high class actors/actresses (often times extremely good looking, talented people), they are more expose and even more vulnerable to a point that they have to kiss, make-out, feel up all kinds of people and the probability of meeting those they lust after or love after or crush after is exponentially higher than our lame a-s-s boring lives.  Thank the Gods that K-drama does not let this happen as they are very tame in physical love in their dramas (so hopefully more marriages is saved for that).  Also, it's not only the time they spent together on screen as we see it but also off screen the time they spent with each other, getting to know one another on a personal level and not just in characters that you have to take into account as well.  To give great example, look at Angelina Jolie, Bratt Pitt, and Jennifer Aniston relationship.  Brat was married to Aniston at the time he shoot Mr. & Mrs. Smith with Angelina.....their passion was off the chart abnormal and guess what?  The unimaginable happened, a failed marriage & a get together between two co-star....I'd say if this happen then Brad & Jen marriage wasn't that strong to begin with to weather the storm and it just wasn't meant to be....even though it looks all kinds of wrong in the media, Angelina & Bratt fought it through to be together....they created their own family and after all these years are still together.  Because they love each other enough to fight for it.  My point?  Nothing is impossible when emotion of the heart is involved.Having said that do I ship KSH & JJH? no, not really I ship DMJ & CSY.  I wish her nothing but the best with her husband.  I still think KSH as himself is still a little immature for JJH even if they are truly compatible....I might if 5 or 7 years later when he grow up a little bit more and she's single, lol.  At the end of the day you have "acting" and then you have "natural chemistry"....I've seen KSH with his other leading ladies and I'm sorry to say the chemistry is just not there and as apparently natural as with JJH.  But, I won't be surprise if they both go their own ways after this, her back to her loving husband and KSH back to his kissing other leading ladies....but if, and it's a BIG IF, 10 years down the road, JJH is not married anymore and KSH and JJH happen to end up together?....well, I for once won't be the least bit shock.
@jshen312  awww....I feel you.  Oftentimes these two had me blurred between the two lines as well because they are that good (professionally and naturally).  But here's a small theory I have that might cheer you up a bit ;))  WHAT IF...in an alternate universe kinda way....they do have feelings for each other, not big enough to wreck lives but just enough that KSH convince JJH to work with him this one last time, for closure sake....to give it an outlet for them to express how they feel without exploding and imploding the real world around them.  What if...some of the things they say to each other and the way they look at each other....carry a double meaning and not just for DMJ and CSY but for themselves as well....what if...the angst of goodbye is for real and not just between a human and an alien....what if, it's an outlet to put a closure on a romance that was not meant to be.  At the end of the day they can come back down to reality and live their own lives but their "love" will be forever preserved in the cinematography masterpiece called "My Love From Another Star"......isn't that.....in a way..........better than reality?!?!?!?!

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Himitsuu: thank your post, can you repost in this thread http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2021844/do-min-joon-kim-soo-hyun-cheon-song-yi-jeon-ji-hyeon-you-who-came-from-the-stars.....i think this thread should be further developed, would be a logical place for many who can dream (even though we know it is useless) I wish the article related to the couple KSH - JJH, let's post here, http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2021844/do-min-joon-kim-soo-hyun-cheon-song-yi-jeon-ji-hyeon-you-who-came-from-the-stars ok? This place is only for DMJ - CSY, not related to real life, wish, dream, don't like, like, ship or other things, please visit  http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2021844/do-min-joon-kim-soo-hyun-cheon-song-yi-jeon-ji-hyeon-you-who-came-from-the-starsDon't rock me, this is my first post in this thread, I simply want to store some memories of this couple, let us grow together okay:x:x

LavelyShai said: yolo92 said: MayS said: @yolo92 :D well if I think about it again, you're right. He can't be joining that variety show since he has a very tight schedules, but I still excited just to imagine how if he really joining "we got married".

Considering that this is a fantasy-ish drama, Minjoon becoming human isn't impossible. And, let's consider that even if he's an alien, he has the physical characteristics of a human being (and not a green alien that we're mostly familiar with). That means that more or less, Minjoon's kind has almost the same genetic make up with humans... but with additional genes that makes them fly, the super hearing, etc. On a scientific basis, if these genes are turned off, they will be just like humans with no super powers of any sort. (Though I'm not sure if there is a medical procedure or even an experimental trial for such... oh well, it's a fantasy drama...like I said, anything can happen.)
I still stand with my allergy-desensitization theory. Minjoon still have fever everytime they exchange saliva but he recovers faster now. And after continuous exposure (more kissing!!!!) he will just get dizzy, have faster heart rate and such... you know...just like humans feel after kissing (well, kissing for a loooooooong period). And if the time comes that he'll no longer have reactions whenever they kiss... they can try out exchange a different kind of bodily fluids (if you know what I mean... hehe) and after continuous exposure (HAHAHAHAHAHA!), he'll no longer react. :)

Hellow.. Just for information, now I'm in my uncle's wedding party, even my mom already told me to never open my ipad, but I can't handle it. I just leave this forum for 5 hours, and here we are in page 814... And then I read rumour about KSH will join WGM international? Really I said big NO, please give me time at least 1 year to forget about my most lovely couple in the universe DMJ-CSY. Also I remember after Dream High, KSH got rumour that he joint WGM with Eunjung, and the fact that rumour was BIG FALSE.... Guys, About the ending I have feeling 60% happy ending and 40% sad ending... My big hint about the happy ending is the tree, even different species but still can grow old together and stick each other. And for 40% chance to sad ending, hhhmmmm maybe because about fan account said that the supporting cast filmed at namsan and shout DMJ to sky? Aaahhhhhhhhhhh...... Can't wait to wednesday...

Guest aidsincera

freaksworld said: autumne said: Yu Zheng is so damn brainless. He made a lot of Chinese fans angry with his words. He said that KSH has no acting skills AT ALL and he's just a bit more good looking and everyone just loves him for his looks only. He also said that YWCFTS is a silly drama with the male lead keep having to protect to female lead every single time. If he really think so, why would he even think of making a remake? Such a dumb richard simmons.

Guest crazy4ywcfts

Warning, long rant ahead!
First of all, i think i just have to post my thoughts for this drama before it ends. I can't post it on facebook since 1) no one would understand me, 2) i might end up spoiling it for others who are currently catching up on the drama.
So, here goes... i got hooked by this drama from the very first episode. i never doubted the premise since i'm actually a sucker for fantasy stuffs. it's my fav genre. plus, i wanted to see the mind-blowing chemistry between ksh & jjh. i loved them in the thieves. each episode, the story just gets better and better. naturally, i became more addicted and thus, now, it turns into an unhealthy obsession. i'm crazy for it! (just look at my username)
To me, watching this drama makes me feel exhausted, in a good way, that is. i just realized that, every time i finish watching an episode, i would feel hungry. Maybe, it's bcoz of the emotional roller coaster ride? 
I just love everything about this drama and what makes me love this drama more than all the other dramas i've watched (been watching dramas for 6 years here) is the romance. although i am a female but i've never been keen on these romance stuffs. i usually say the word 'like' (etc. that guy likes that girl) rather than using the word 'love' coz it just sounds so cheesy to me. of course, i've watched many dramas but i never cry like a baby when it comes to the part where the otp has to be separated or something. yup, i'm a tough nut to crack. yet, this drama, makes me cry so much that i already lost count how many times i've cried already. which is why, ywcfts is special to me.
oh yeah, n i just have to tell u guys that this drama literally inflicts pain on me. once, i laughed so hard that i bit my tongue so hard that it made eating difficult. but it pains my heart soo much more now that there's only 2 eps left. NOOOO!!!  although i'm curious abt the ending, but deep down (not so deep) in my heart, i never want it to end. then again, that might just be me in denial mode...
sawry for the long rant!
ps: it's nice to see that evryone here shares the same interest (obsession?) as mine coz no one really gets it here.. it's lonely on this side of the laptop..

aidsincera

said:

freaksworld

said:

autumne

said: Yu Zheng is so damn brainless. He made a lot of Chinese fans angry with his words. He said that KSH has no acting skills AT ALL and he's just a bit more good looking and everyone just loves him for his looks only. He also said that YWCFTS is a silly drama with the male lead keep having to protect to female lead every single time. If he really think so, why would he even think of making a remake? Such a dumb ass.

Still can't get over Episode 19. But while waiting for next wednesday, I did a run-through of the past episodes and lo and behold, I was able to persuade my boss and colleagues to watch it. Yay.
kets_zpse3cba667.jpeg

ODG. Watching Byeol Geudae episodes 18 and 19 is surely one of the best ways to spend the weekend. I can't move on from the cameo of Ryu Seungryong-nim. He nailed that flashback scene. LMAO! I can't stop laughing at his "heol~" =)) But anyway;
- Though DMJ's identity is almost as good as out now, I can't find in my heart the urge to say stuff like "argh he should've been more careful" or "what a stupid move", etc. because I honestly think he had good reasons to use his ability out in the open. Especially in the hospital scene, if he waited for a doctor to arrive and had to explain what happened, CSY would have died while waiting for the hospital peeps to do something. That's why I think it was a fair and good call to expose his abilities that moment.
- YJ and DMJ's scenes are daebak! And have you guys noticed? The National Goddess and her dongsaeng do the puppy eyes the same way. XD How can they be so adorbs?!
- I feel for HK. It must be hell to know that the food he brought his hyung was the food that led the older one to his end. :( [Screw you JK. Screw you HARD.] And now that their father knows what kind of a human being his favored son is, I hope he makes up for all the hurtful things he's said and done to HK.
- AND MAN, DMJ AND CSY'S MOMENTS KILLED ME. They're like a real married couple. T_T AND THE KISS. BOY! KSH'S GETTING BOLDER AND BOLDER. I guess KSH and JJH are that comfortable with each other now, that's why they can deliver their lines and roles without holding back. Props to the both of them for a job well well done. :)
- I'm so proud of SY. T_T And I'm overwhelmed by how deep and selfless her love for DMJ is.
- And DMJ's expression when SY said "Go exist somewhere" and "Don't die for me" T__________T WHYYYYY YOU DO THIS TO US WRITER-NIM? WHY? T_T
/shifts back to normal mode/
Urgh with two episodes left, I totally have no idea what to expect. But I find it amazing that some of the things discussed in this thread somehow appeared or happened or was mentioned in this week's episodes. Seems like writer-nim is really checking out fans' comments (I have a feeling they have someone [a staff] who checks even discussions of international fans). But anyway, I surely am hoping for a happy ending. I love DMJ and CSY so much that I want them to be happy and to have more time to spend with each other. But whatever the ending will be, I'm sure in one way or another, I'll love it. I can't wait for episodes 20 and 21 but at the same time I don't want it to arrive yet. Because once they do, that'd mean Byeol Geudae is over. :'(
Oh well, DMJ and CSY hwaitinggggg!!! Please be happy you two!!! <3

Long time not posting here. Since next week will be the last week to feel curious about the next episodes of YWCFTS,I will keep on giving my praises to the staffs and actors who are in this drama. Yu zheng or whatever he is,I really wanted to laugh reading article about him giving critics kim soo hyun's acting and YWCFTS. On what standard so that he could give bad comments like that? If he thinks that soo hyun's acting is lacking in some ways than jun ji hyun's, I'll honestly admit that because jun ji hyun is just too perfect,soo hyun is being compared to her. But for me,kim soo hyun's acting has exceeded my expectation. He's a really good actor in his generation. When he looks at jun ji hyun,you will know how he loves her as do min joon. Ckck. I kinda pity yu zheng. What I am worried is that he wasn't intend to criticise kim soo hyun but he's just too shy to admit that he is as insane as we are here :P I dont know how to survive from the withdrawal from this drama after it ends next week. Maybe,I will be a nerd and study-freak who tries to forget her favorite drama lol. This drama has really become my 20 favorite dramas of all time among the 130 dramas I have watched to date

Guest aidsincera

LavelyShai said: I was finally able to watch episode 19 with subs. FINALLY. 
For some reason, I don't think he's going to die. Yes he saw himself disappear and even that doctor told him his time may run out on Earth. What if he's just turning into a human? Song Yi did note that his fevers have gone away faster than before. In the 70s (?) when he first met Lawyer Jang, he was out for like a week or so when his coworker spit in his coffee. He kissed Song Yi and he was out for a few days then it got shorter the next 2 times they kissed. Finally in episode 19 he was out for like a few hours. I believe his body is adapting to Earth especially now that he wants to stay. I would love to see some of his alien family next week so we can get a proper explanation about his powers & lifespan. I wonder how old he really is because we were never told how old he was when they first came to Earth, we just know he's been here for 404 years. 

Annyeong chingudeulAfter watching ep 19 for 4 times already!!!I have an important QUESTION that make me feel nervous that the end will be maybe sad sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffff ANDWAEEEEEZEEEEEEEEABOUT DMJ EXPOSURE HOW CAN THEY LIVE A PEACEFUL LIVE AFTER THIS ????? WHAT DMJ IS GOING TO DO ABOUT HIS POWER??? Cant he just feign that everybody took some marijuana i dont know!!!!!! This really stress me OUT!!! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVFejLZpp2gRvVFFjkGV_

Oooooh like Lawyer Jang said it will be great if he could erase memory like in TVD Maybe the "NASA" would like to take him to do some experience oooh i dont know what to do or what to think hum we just have 2 episodes not enough time for this right???? Guys this drama make me go cray cray everyday i just want to watch the End!!! right nowimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBu6P3SFPHh3dtfqqQnot
Wednesday come PPALLI PPALLI!!! Writernim pdnim dont make mistake you did an amazing so far i put my FAITH in you
Am i the only who find the epilogue really beautiful when Heo Kyun told DMJ how love will hit him so badly that he will probably throw away everything for love(CHEON SONG YI) this really make me cry that why even if she told him to GO he will not go cause now that he had taste LOVE i mean the real LOVE he will not go back to leave a miserable life alone Right?????images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ34TJTlC_2oDeDGL-KF2
HONESTLY i don't know about the ending after i had watched ep 19 I CRIED SO MUCH that i felt like i was in depression i am not sure about the ending anymoreimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNRADehNHdGfbxK0Kz1PZ
I HOPE IT WILL END LIKE THIS:  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWU9T0EOk77lG16zaAUSQ images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfmrpr6b-c56Fs57TufAiOr Pd nim/ Writer Nim/ Staff nim you will end like thistumblr_inline_n0lw7vG87R1qljyts.png

OK!!!!!!!!! I hope you hear my voice!!!!!LOL i am certainly Crazy!!!
If some of you can share what they think or feel about my questions it would be greatGumawoyo yolobun!!!!

Archived