[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

ACTRESS SO YI HYUN IS NOT CONFIRMED FOR “MAN FROM THE STARS”

Posted by Clockwatcher on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 · 

hp94.jpg

It was widely reported last week that So Yi Hyun was cast as Jeon Ji Hyun’s rival in the upcoming SBS dramaMan From The Stars which is about an alien who falls in love with an actress after 400 years of being on Earth.

Suddenly, after news of the possibility of DBSK’s Yunho being cast as the second lead, the producers, HB Entertainment, are claiming that she hasn’t been confirmed. Okay, while Yunho might not be on his way to becoming Korea’s Daniel Day-Lewis, surely, he’s no reason to drop a drama. Or is he?

All kidding aside, I wonder what this is all about. Let’s hope Man From The Stars won’t be the next drama to face casting problems. The good thing is that December 11th is still some time away.

Source: My Daily

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/10/01/actress-so-yi-hyun-is-not-confirmed-for-man-from-the-stars/

:-S

So apparently, So Yi Hyun is NOT confirmed for this drama now. 왜?! Could it be Yunho is the reason for her change of mind? Ok, be sensible. He's not that great to affect casting. Or is he that bad? Srsly, they should get someone with the last name 'Hyun' to complete the cast, which was originally awesome.
Source: http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/10/01/actress-so-yi-hyun-is-not-confirmed-for-man-from-the-stars/

Guest eeldeerlove

@livEvil

IMO, Yunho's casting is not the reason.. As what I've understood in a simple translation, HB Entertainment is considering other possible candidates for the 2nd female lead role. :)

i really excited to watch this drama at first :x until i heard the news about yunho.......

=(( .. its not that i hate him...his really good singer...but as actor.. :-?? .... if u really need idol, just find anyone else...  huhu... go go kim soohyun... :))

Guest eeldeerlove

livEvil

wrote:

»

eeldeerlove said:

@livEvil

IMO, Yunho's casting is not the reason.. As what I've understood in a simple translation, HB Entertainment is considering other possible candidates for the 2nd female lead role.

:)

Well, Yi Hyun would be so suited for that catty role. I just hope it's not another less capable idol in consideration.

-_-

Yunho is one of my strongest biases from SM town , but honestly I did not see any of his dramas so I am not sure about his acting skills ! 
but if he got the role , it is gonna have a great marketing because of his fans , not only because of him as the value of TVXQ Yunho but as someone mentioned before , the fans would like to see him finally in an official work with his long time dream girl , the Sassy Girl ; Jun Ji Hyun ! 
Anyway , as a fan of him I am supporting him , and as a fan of  JJH  , I will be waiting and watching this drama ..

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"DBSK’s Yunho in Talks to Join Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun for “The Man from the Stars”jnkm October 1, 2013 
yunho1-e1359996549547.jpg

DBSK‘s Yunho is currently deciding on his next acting project.

On September 30, SM Entertainment stated, “It is true that Yunho is in discussion for the new SBS drama, ‘The Man from the Stars,’” and “However, nothing is confirmed.”

The SM source continued, “It’s a great drama and is receiving a lot of attention, which is why many people are taking so much interest in this matter,” and “Yunho is currently focused on his DBSK activities overseas and is traveling back and forth from Korea to Japan.”

According to Sports Korea, the role that Yunho is in talks for is Lee Hwi Kyung, who is the fiancee of Chun Song Yi (played by Jeon Ji Hyun). However, due to Chun Song Yi’s lack of interest in him, Lee Hwi Kyung gets nervous and later on competes for her affections with Do Min Joon (played by Kim Soo Hyun).

“The Man from the Stars” confirmed its two leads already, Jeon Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun. It is a romantic comedy about a man and a woman, who are from two different planets, falling in love.

“The Man from the Stars” will start airing in December.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/10/01/dbsks-yunho-in-talks-to-join-jun-ji-hyun-and-kim-soo-hyun-for-the-man-from-the-stars/

Wow, I have never seen this much fierce opposition to a casting ever. I heard Korean fans are thinking of starting a petition to bar Yunho from being cast. Wasn't sure if anyone else had heard this? Drama bloggers both international and in Korea have greatly opposed the news, fearing the Yunho addition ruins what was shaping up to be a novel and interesting drama. The drama has great potential, it's like Roswell the Korean Files, lol. The leads on their own are a major draw, the story is fairly unique, and the team behind it is strong, so I can see why Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun fans would be upset. Wonder what the final update will be.

DJG said: Wow, I have never seen this much fierce opposition to a casting ever. I heard Korean fans are thinking of starting a petition to bar Yunho from being cast. Wasn't sure if anyone else had heard this? Drama bloggers both international and in Korea have greatly opposed the news, fearing the Yunho addition ruins what was shaping up to be a novel and interesting drama. The drama has great potential, it's like Roswell the Korean Files, lol. The leads on their own are a major draw, the story is fairly unique, and the team behind it is strong, so I can see why Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun fans would be upset. Wonder what the final update will be.

I heard Yunho wasn't that bad in Yawang but since nothing is confirmed and it's still a long way til December, I'm gonna stay positive.
I mean even if they decided to cast him, he's not gonna be the male lead, so how bad could it be. 
I'm just excited to see KSH and JJH together, and I would love it if SYH was the second female lead...*fingers crossed*

cassopeia said: I heard Yunho wasn't that bad in Yawang but since nothing is confirmed and it's still a long way til December, I'm gonna stay positive.
I mean even if they decided to cast him, he's not gonna be the male lead, so how bad could it be. 
I'm just excited to see KSH and JJH together, and I would love it if SYH was the second female lead...*fingers crossed*

@livEvilNo, I just think a good drama depends on many factors than only a not so good actor as second lead. It also depends how much the writer makes use of the character or more importantly how GOOD the writing is. I haven't seen a single drama of him, so I can't  be confident in his acting because I can't judge his acting myself. It don't like political dramas so I didn't watch Yawang. I just didn't get why all the hate of a sudden, he's definitely not the worst idol actor ever. 
I mean, did you watch Yawang? Was he worse than Suzy? I'm curious. 

How do you know if he's not the worst if you have never seen his dramas???? For your question about Suzy, for someone who really can't stand her (she just rubs me off the wrong way acting wise and otherwise), she's better than him and that's not saying much.

Archived