[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eeldeerlove

Confirmed!

Actress So Yi Hyun will appear on Man From The Stars as the rival of Jeon Ji Hyun. :)

Yay! I soo like her in Who Are You and Cheongdamdong Alice! :)

20130927_1380257244_72865900_1.jpg
http://news.nate.com/view/20130927n17128

Guest eeldeerlove

970521_607558525969567_1357174682_n.jpg

Actress So E-Hyun is cast in upcoming SBS drama series MAN FROM THE STARS, which has already cast Kim Soo-Hyun, Gianna Jun in the lead roles.

In the drama series, So E-Hyun will play an announcer named Yoo Se-Mi. Her character was born into family with many lawyers and she has always been at the top of her class. Nevertheless, Yoo Se-Mi has a complex about her appearance and constantly compares herself to her longtime friend Cheon Song-Yi (Gianna Jun). She also hates Cheon Song-Yi because she took away her first love.

MAN FROM THE STARS is based on an actual real life occurrence with plenty of embellishments on top. The actual event, according to the annals of the Joseon Dynasty, occurred in 1609 when a mysterious flying object appeared. Based on that incident, MAN FROM THE STARS adds outlandish & fantasy like elements and places it in the modern day.

© Asianwiki

Guest eeldeerlove

class="title"So E Hyun To Star In SBS “Man From The Stars” As Jun Ji Hyun’s Threatening Rival923397_1414306115453492_1333835816_n.jpg

Earlier today, So E Hyun‘s agency (KEYEAST) confirmed the actress’ appearance in SBS drama Man From The Star” (tentative title) as her next work.

Screenwriter Park Ji Eun who wrote the script of “Queen of Reversals” (MBC, 2010) and PD Jang Tae Yoo who directed the critically-acclaimed drama “Deep Rooted Tree” (SBS, 2011) were in preparation to work for “Man From The Stars”. Actor Kim Soo Hyun confirmed early to play for the title role & actress Jun Ji Hyun, who was his co-star in last year’s successful film “The Thieves”, was next to confirmed to act as Kim’s female lead on the most anticipated drama in the second half of 2013

“Man From The Stars” is a fictional romance drama based on the author’s outrageous and absurd imagination on the haunting story about flying objects occurred in 1609 (Mine Reclamation, 1st year) which is recorded in the ‘Annals of the Joseon Dynasty’. Drama tells the miracle of the sweet youthful romance between an alien man named Do Min Joon (Kim Soo Hyun) who fell on earth 400 years ago and  Korea’s top actress Cheon Song-Yi (Jun Ji Hyun).

In the drama, So E Hyun plays the character of announcer Yoo Se Mi who grew up in the family with legal professions and a top student in her school. She was beautiful woman with a playful smile and sophisticated manner but she’s bearing a sense of personal inferiority about beauty and love towards her female friend from junior high school Cheon Song-Yi (Jun Ji Hyun).

KEYEAST Official stated, “So E Hyun has gained high popularity and trust due to her recent vigorous work and activities, this time she is preparing to introduce a new look through this new project.  She’s ready to work hard and give her best in acting and I’ll ask everyone to please anticipate.”

Source: http://dramabucks.com/drama/so-e-hyun-to-star-in-sbs-man-from-the-stars-as-jun-ji-hyuns-threatening-rival/

Guest eeldeerlove

class="entry-title"So E-hyun Joins Kim Soo-hyun, Jun Ji-hyun’s TV Series2013092714175713221-615x820.jpg

Actress So E-hyun has confirmed her next project as Kim Soo-hyun and Jun Ji-hyun’s upcoming TV drama.

So will take on the sub female role in SBS’s upcoming series, whose title is translated into “The Man from the Stars,” her agency KEYEAST said in a press release Friday.

Her character is announcer Yoo Se-mi, who has nice backgrounds, intelligence and people’s favor yet feels inferior only to her old friend Chun Song-i’s (Jun) exceptional beauty from the past to lose her first love to Chun.

Inspired by a historical record of discovering UFO in 1609, the romance drama will center on Do Min-jun (Kim), a man from outer space who has lived on Earth since four hundred years ago and Chun, a top celebrity called as “Goddess of Hallyu.”

Written by hit scriptwriter Park Ji-eun of 2012 smash hit drama “My Husband Got a Family,” the upcoming time-slip series will hit airwaves in December.

Reporter. Lee Hye-ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
So Yi-hyun to play Jeon Ji-hyun’s rival in Man From Another Star

by girlfriday | September 27, 2013 | 

SoYiHyun4.jpg

It looks like So Yi-hyun is back to second lead territory after headlining recent cable ghost-seeing drama Who Are You. She’s been cast as the rival and frenemy to Jeon Ji-hyun in her new alien time travel fusion rom-com Man From Another Star, starring Kim Soo-hyun as the alien. Because yunno, those looks aren’t from Earth. There’s a little more character information too, which makes me look forward to the show. But who’re we kidding. You had me at aliens and Kim Soo-hyun.

The new rom-com from the writer of hit weekend drama You Who Rolled In Unexpectedlyand the PD of Tree With Deep Roots stars Kim Soo-hyun as an alien who crash lands on Earth in 1609 Joseon (the first year of King Gwanghae’s reign), in a flying object that makes it into the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty. Ha. He remains in Joseon for the next four hundred years until the present day, where he’ll meet Jeon Ji-hyun’s character, an actress described as a “supremely rude Hallyu goddess.” Hee, I think I’m going to like her. It sounds like it has all the setups of a noona romance, except for the part where he’s (at least) a dozen times her age.

So Yi-hyun will play Jeon Ji-hyun’s frenemy since junior high, a Harvard graduate announcer from a family of prominent lawyers. She’s never lost first place a single day in her life when it came to her schoolwork, but she has one complex in life: being less pretty than Jeon Ji-hyun and losing her first love to him when they were teenagers. It sounds petty in a fun way, since I’m anticipating wacky alien rom-com hijinks, not dark backstabby rivalries. Kim Soo-hyun should just do like the Vampire Idol boys did and bring a whole posse of alien pretty boys with him from his planet. Then the girls could just share.

Man From Another Star follows Heirs and premieres in December on SBS.

Via TV Report

Guest jjsweeter0211

Gianna Jun, Kim Soo Hyun and So E Hyun confirm to be in a new series together

089v46g95coh6cf2vwo5ems1e6et3yh2.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] As So E Hyun signed the contract with upcoming series 'Man from the Stars' it has been confirmed that Gianna Jun, Kim Soo Hyun and So E Hyun will all appear together in the series.
Upcoming series 'Man from the Stars' is causing big issues even before releasing on TV. A few months ago, it was known that Korea's biggest star Gianna Jun confirmed to be the main cast in the series. Because it has been 14 years since Gianna's last appearance on drama, many people are already expecting to watch this series. 
Then a few days later, 2013's rising star Kim Soo Hyun also confirmed to be in the series as a main cast with Gianna Jun. The two already played as partner characters in hit film 'The Thieves' last year so there is no doubt that great chemistry between two will be shown again in this series.
And today, 'Chungdamdong Alice' star So E Hyun announced that she will also be starred in the series with the other two big celebrities. So E Hyun also added that she will play the 'rival' character against Gianna Jun in the series.
The series is about man who came from 400 years ago, a top star woman who wants to leave from the Earth and new anchor who never missed out the first place in all areas.
The series that star Korea's three popular celebrities will be aired on channel SBS in December, 2013. (photo by bntnews DB)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=6957

Guest jjsweeter0211

ccw201309301915100.jpg
http://news.nate.com/view/20131001n03211

Yunho is a strong candidate for second male lead.  Nothing is confirmed but he is considering it.

P.S : I like him a lot as a singer. His acting is bad to be honest. He improved a bit in Yawang . I know he is trying hard to learn more about acting, At the moment, it's not enough. Compared him with the other three actor/actresses, the differences in acting skill is too broad. Personally I think he should choose smaller roles before taking lead/second lead roles. Sometimes, it's not about his choice, maybe it's his company's choice. Good opportunity like this doesn't come often. I can understand from the broadcast station/production point of view wanting to cast an popular idol. It helped a lot for  investment, product placement, overseas export and so on. I have no problem with them casting idols. There are good acting-dol and bad acting-dol. Too bad Yunho is among bad acting-dol. 

Guest eeldeerlove

DBSK’s Yunho May Join “Man From The Stars”

yvww.jpg

DBSK’s Yunho is in talks to join upcoming SBS drama Man From The Stars which has already cast Jeon Ji Hyun, Kim Soo Hyun and So Yi Hyun in lead roles. He most recently appeared in Yawang. If accepted, he’ll play chaebol Lee Hwi Gyung who’s engaged to an indifferent Chun Song Yi (Jeon). Since this character is the second lead, perhaps her indifference to him will never change.

I’ve personally never seen Yunho in any dramas but based on fan reaction to this news, it appears I may be one of the lucky few. Because right now, people all over the world are praying, fasting, visiting shamans… doing whatever it takes to not have this confirmed. It’s kind of funny to me but obviously sad for him.

Set to air in December, Man From The Stars is about a gorgeous alien who’s lived on Earth for four centuries. He’s cynical about humans but falls in love with an actress. She must really be special. Considering that the premise doesn’t excite me, perhaps this won’t be the drama to introduce me to Yunho’s acting skills.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. Maybe he won’t confirm it and many a drama fan will be happy. We’ll find out soon enough.

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/10/01/dbsks-yunho-may-join-man-from-the-stars/

Well at least Yunho will be happy to act along side jeon ji hyun....ha ha ha... 
I'm both excited yet wishing for Yunho to back out...seriously conflicted feelings. 

Guest eeldeerlove

DBSK Yunho is considering to join SBS 'Man From The Stars'

yunho-1-350x260.jpg

cr: http://dramabucks.com/drama/dbsk-yunho-is-considering-to-join-sbs-man-from-the-stars/

Archived