[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest queenjihyun

i know there are many filipino fans here of mlfts just read this article looks like gma will remake mlfts but still not confirmed.
Marian Rivera to Reunite with Alden Richards in PH Version of ‘My Love from the Star’
My-Love-From-The-Star-375x560.jpg

After their successful pairing in the teleserye “Carmela,” Marian Rivera and Alden Richards are said to be teaming up again in 2015 for the Philippine adaptation of the hit Korean drama series “My Love from the Star.” 

“Endless Love: Autumn in My Heart,” “My Name is Kim Sam Soon,” “Temptation of Wife,” and “Coffee Prince” are some of the hit Korean drama series that were remade by GMA Network for Philippine television. And if there’s a foreign TV series that was shown this year worthy to have a Filipino version, it’s no other than GMA Network’s highest-rating Korean drama of 2014 – “My Love from the Star.”

Originally titled “You Who Came from Another Star,” the said fantasy romance drama from South Korea was a big hit in China, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines and other countries as well. It starred Kim Soo-hyun and Jun Ji-hyun, who both won the Daesang (grand prize), the highest award for television, at the 2014 Korea Drama Awards and 2014 Baeksang Arts Awards respectively. They are the very first male and female lead to win the grand prize with a same drama.

With the success of the tagalized version of “My Love from the Star” which also trended on Twitter Philippines (and several times worldwide) every night during its airing, clamors from fans that GMA should do a Pinoy version of the series have been growing. And now, there are rumors that GMA Network is slated to produce a local version of “My Love from the Star” in 2015. And still, according to the grapevine, “Carmela” leads Marian Rivera and Alden Richards are being tapped by the network to star in the local version of the said Korean drama series.

Please take note that GMA Network is yet to release an official announcement about the local version of “My Love from the Star” but if ever that this report pushes through, are you in favor of Marian for the role of Steffi and Alden for the role of the handsome alien MatteoDo?

Guest dbskangel

I wish had a boyfriend. There is a little shop at my mall that has the couple's necklace from this drama. It was super cute!!!

“My Love From the Stars,” Lee Jong Suk, and Song Yoon Ah Win Big at 2014 Grimme Awards December 8, 2014
“My Love From the Stars,” Lee Jong Suk, and Song Yoon Ah Win Big at 2014 Grimme Awards
“My Love From the Stars,” Lee Jong Suk, and Song Yoon Ah Win Big at 2014 Grimme AwardsOn December 12 at 6:30 p.m., the Korean Film Director’s Association will host the “2014 Grimme Awards” ceremony at Mokdong Broadcasting Hall in Seoul.
The “Grimme Awards” were established in 1993 and have since been held annually to honor the year’s best in film and television.
SBS drama “My Love from the Stars” will take home the grand prize, while KBS documentary “2014 Global Special – Cooking People” and MBC drama “Mama” won the Best Achievement awards.
Lee Jong Suk of ongoing SBS drama “Pinocchio” snagged the Best Actor award, and Song Yoon Ah won the Best Actress award for her work in “Mama.”
A total of 16 more works, including MBC’s “Jang Bori is Here!” and KBS 1TV’s “Jeong Do Jeon,” will be honored at the awards ceremony.
Credit : http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/08/my-love-from-the-stars-lee-jong-suk-and-song-yoon-ah-win-big-at-2014-grimme-awards
Congratulation YWCFTS team!!! After almost a year, you are still standing strong and able to grab that Grand Prize. Yahooo I'm so proud! <:-P <:-P <:-P

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Woman Crush Wednesday: December’s Mystery RevealWCW_MysteryReveal_Revealed

… Cheon Song Yi in “My Love From the Stars!” Well, looking at all the nominees, I wasn’t surprised. Were you? Ha ha!

To be honest, Cheon Song Yi is one of those rare characters where you absolutely hate the traits that she possesses, but somehow, when you least expected it, you fell for her anyway. You are left completely uncertain of the how’s and the why’s, but the only thing you know for a fact is that you’re a total goner when you see her. I guess that must have been how Do Min Joon felt about her too. Still, it didn’t make writing about this particular crush any easier because I really had to dig deep beyond her arrogance, narcissism, and witchy attitude to find the great traits that I knew she had. … Somewhere.

But since I put in so much effort in dissecting the enigma named Cheon Song Yi, let’s take a look at what I discovered, shall we? (Spoilers ahead!)

1. She has a backbone.

WCW_MysteryReveal_Backbone

Not just any backbone, but a fully formed one! She doesn’t let anyone - anyone– walk all over her. Cheon Song Yi knows how to stick up for herself and does a darn good job of it. Her mother, her manager, the media that constantly tries to bring her down, her best friend turned enemy, and even Do Min Joon are no exceptions. If they give her sass, she flawlessly returns it at the speed of light. She’s headstrong and independent, always staying one step ahead of the game. For the most part, she never plays the damsel in distress, in dire need of rescuing – she can save herself all on her own! (But when things really get out of hand… it’s always good to have an alien on call to do your bidding… Hehe.) But even in the rare moments when Cheon Song Yi falters, she never betrays that fact. She remains strong until the very end, breaking down in private only to pick herself back up.

2. She’s a hysterical drunk.

WCW_MysteryReveal_Drunk

I think I laughed the hardest when I witnessed the type of woman Cheon Song Yi becomes when she’s drunk and heartbroken. When she’s sober, you would never believe that she could act that way, so it’s not only amusing, but downright surprising as well. She may be the worst kind of superficial woman, but there’s no denying that she’s an average, everyday, girl-next-door kind of woman when she’s not caught up in her own world. When Cheon Song Yi is willing to move away from the kind of behavior that makes people roll their eyes in exasperation, she’s actually quite lovely. Even if we experienced second hand embarrassment for the way she was mourning over her relationship with Do Min Joon, it made her seem a bit more approachable, to say the least. I’d still like to know how Do Min Joon could keep that deadpanned expression on his face after watching, and quite possibly hearing, all her drunk shenanigans. Ha!

3. Cheon Song Yi’s not entirely empty in the head.

WCW_MysteryReveal_Empty

I admit it. I mumbled a few complaints here and there when Cheon Song Yi showed that there might have been a few air bubbles in her noggin. From her flub with mocha and mokhwa (cotton) to her mix-up between propofol and propolis, I was truly left wondering how she made it as an actress for as long as she had with her intellect. However, there were times when Cheon Song Yi impressed me by proving she’s not as much of an airhead as she makes herself out to be. One of the prime examples of that is when she pretended to take a phone call and told her “caller” her exact location while she slowly moves out of Do Min Joon’s library after spotting an intruder hiding behind a chair through the reflection on a glass pane. This was quickly followed by a second bout of intelligence when she told her brother, Yoon Jae, not to open the door for the maintenance/security man without first verifying his identity for fear that it could be the same intruder impersonating him. I gained a lot of respect for Cheon Song Yi for not being a completely clueless woman, especially in that kind of a situation.

4. She has hidden vulnerabilities.

WCW_MysteryReveal_Vulnerability

Cheon Song Yi reveals her soft heart and self conscious doubts in rare displays of vulnerability, which makes her a more rounded and well balanced woman. While it’s wonderful that she has such a strong, solid backbone, it’s nice to have that gentle softness to cushion the sharp edges. I like that she’s capable of being firm and showing that she has a high level of self confidence, but she’s not immune to humanity and everything that comes with it. If an alien like Do Min Joon can get caught up in human emotions, then Cheon Song Yi most certainly can as well. It makes us more capable of relating to her and the negative attributes that she has doesn’t seem quite so bad anymore since they appear more as defense mechanisms than actual personality traits. She’s the perfect balance of fire and ice that it’s amazing.

5. Cheon Song Yi is a hard worker.

WCW_MysteryReveal_Hardworker

I never had any doubt about this since it was Cheon Song Yi’s hard work and dedication that allowed her to go from being an unknown to becoming a top Hallyu star, then remaining at the top for as long as she had. Even when she experienced a drastic downfall and lost faith in herself for a moment, she still managed to bring herself back to the top with that same confidence and dedication as before. Even when she was getting pushed around, she was strong and held her head high, knowing that she hadn’t slaved away to perfect her skills for nothing. I think Cheon Song Yi is a great role model in that aspect. To accomplish dreams and goals, we must work hard at excelling in what it is we wish to do, just like Cheon Song Yi.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/10/woman-crush-wednesday-decembers-mystery-reveal/

K-Drama Feature: 7 of the most memorable and unique characters

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"

excerpt 

'You Who Came From the Star's Chun Song Yi

class="content-title" style="font-size: 23px; font-weight: normal; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"image

This glamorous diva puts other divas to shame because not only does she wow and whoo with her glamorous charms but she also makes you guffaw and cackle at her ridiculous personality.  Sure, she makes sure to flip her hair every once in a while and look good for the hospital, so her priorities are shot, but she's too funny to dislike what with her jealous rage, SNS-WTF moments, solo karaoke parties, and Engrish.  This character has become legend.
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/12/k-drama-feature-7-of-the-most-memorable-and-unique-characters

Guest arleneo

@redspider chingu, thanks for the reminder... I almost 4got to visit this thread... i think some of our chingus here is not active anymore or they have new otp.... 
:(:(:(

Google releases list of top trending searches of South Korea in 2014

(skip unrelated)
HyunA_1418759017_Screen_shot_2014-12-16_

As for most searched items in relation to TV, the list goes:

1. Infinity Challenge
  2. Empress Qi
  3. You Who Came From the Stars
  4. Witch Hunt
  5. Abnormal Summit
  6. Superman is Back
  7. Jung Do Jeon
  8. Jang Bo Ri is Here!
  9. Running Man
  10. Gag Concert

What will next year have in store for Korean entertainment?

Source : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/12/google-releases-list-of-top-trending-searches-of-south-korea-in-2014

HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY..!!! :-*

YOU WHO CAME FROM THE STARS is....the BEST of the best.

Of the many dramas that i'd watched, only YWCFTS drama is DAEBAK, most PERFECT, most complete for me. <3 i really really love this drama.

YWCFTS's team JJang!!!, 2HYUN is the BEST COUPLE. :-* *prayhard for them to win Best Couple in SBS drama award. *aamiin

Happy First Anniversary! I am not active in Soompi during the time this drama is airing (and i deeply regret it.. bow low). But this is my favorite kdrama so far. It may be a fantasy-based drama but I love our characters and no drama yet has made me laugh so hard and cry so hard in one episode.

I miss them! I wish they can have another drama or new movie!

Archived