[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello guys! Maybe you already saw this but still wanted to post it :) 
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/01/kim-soo-hyun-kim-jaejoong-oh-yeon-seo-and-more-win-awards-at-korea-drama-awards-2014/Grand Prize: Kim Soo Hyun (My Love from the Star, SBS)
Best Drama: My Love from the Star, SBS
Best Screenwriter: Jung Hyun Min (Jeong Do Jeon, KBS 1TV)
Best Director: Shin Won Ho (Reply 1994, tvN)
Top Excellence Award, Actor: Kim Jaejoong (Triangle, MBC)
Top Excellence Award, Actress: Oh Yeon Seo (Jang Bori is Here!, MBC)
Excellence Award, Actor: Lee Kwang Soo (It’s Okay, It’s Love, SBS)
Excellence Award, Actress: Kang So Ra (Doctor Stranger, SBS)
Best New Male Actor: Ahn Jae Hyun (My Love from the Star, SBS), Seo Kang Joon (Cunning Single Lady, MBC)
Best New Female Actor: Dohee (Reply 1994, tvN)
Best Couple: Kim Sung Kyun and Dohee (Reply 1994, tvN)
Best Child Actor: Kim Ji Young (Jang Bori is Here!, MBC)
Best Drama OST: Ailee, “Good Bye My Love” (Fated to Love You, MBC)
Hot Star: Shin Sung Rok (My Love from the Star, SBS)
Hallyu Hot Star: Kim Soo Hyun (My Love from the Star, SBS)
Global Actor: Otani Ryohei (Joseon Gunman, KBS 2TV)

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Showbiz Korea-SECRET GARDEN VS YOU WHO CAME FROM THE STARS 시크릿가든 VS 별에서 온 그대ARIRANG KPOP ARIRANG KPOP pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

Grabbed from Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현's thread queenjihyun said: Im so curious what are they talking about on this video..i watched it several times even i cant understand what are they saying..haha

SBS [한밤의TV연예] - '별에서 온 그대' 팀의 배우들을 만나다: 

And im searching for jjh interview and i found this..i think this is the translation of their interview..lol

Caption: At the scene of the unveiling of this winter’s most-awaited drama, “You from the Stars”.

Reporter: The hottest screen couple has emerged.

Caption: How-topic new Wed/Thu drama / You from the Stars

Reporter: Returning to dramas after 14 years, goddess Jun Ji-hyun, and ladykiller Kim Su-hyun.

Caption: Korean guys’ eternal love, Goddess-like actress, Jun Ji-hyun

Caption: Stealing the ladies’ hearts, Asia’s star, Kim Su-hyun

Reporter: The meeting of these two stars is breathtaking to watch, and the drama You from the Stars begins now.

Caption: A couple that catches the eye SBS drama special, You from the Stars

Reporter: We will now go to meet the two stars of You from the Stars. Let’s go.

Caption: You from the Stars Let’s meet the two stars of the drama

Reporter: Oh! It’s Kim Su-hyun.

Su-hyun: Hello.

Reporter: Hello. Wow! It’s Jun Ji-hyun! Hello, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen you two. How have you been?

Caption: How have these two been getting on since we saw them last?

Ji-hyun: I’ve worked hard, and I’ve been getting on fine.

Caption: I’ve worked hard and been getting on fine

Reporter: Your face says it all. You look really good.

Caption: Jun Ji-hyun’s beauty shines bright

Ji-hyun: Yes, I rested for a couple of days.

Reporter: A couple of days? Kim Su-hyun, how have you been?

Caption: How has Kim Su-hyun been?

Su-hyun: I studied last semester, and I’ve been working hard on You from the Stars.

Caption: Studying last semester

Caption: and working hard on You from the Stars

Reporter: What kind of drama is You from the Stars?

Caption: What kind of drama is You from the Stars?

Su-hyun: It’s a romantic comedy about Do Min-joon, who has lived for over 400 years, and Hallyu star Cheon Song-yi.

Caption: Kim Su-hyun plays an alien who fell to earth 400 years ago during the Choseon dynasty

Caption: Pretty girl turned Hallyu goddess Cheon Song-yi, played by Jun Ji-hyun

Caption: These two characters’ romantic comedy, You from the Stars

Reporter: Look at how straight she’s standing.

Ji-hyun: She calls herself a goddess, and calls herself a Asia’s star.

Caption: She calls herself a goddess

Caption: and she calls herself Asia’s star

Reporter: And you play an alien.

Su-hyun: Yes.

Ji-hyun: He’s so perfect, the more you see him, you realize he’s from outer space.

Caption: He’s so perfect,

Caption: you can see he’s from space

Reporter: I think you seem more like a perfect alien, Ji-hyun.

Caption: To our reporter, Jun Ji-hyun seems more like the goddess from space

Reporter: Being next to you is making me weak at the knees.

Reporter: The alien boy who fell from the stars 400 years ago, Do Min-jun.

Caption: The man keeping a secret

Reporter: The reckless Hallyu top star, Cheon Song-yi.

Caption: The woman waiting for love

Reporter: A lively love story develops between the two. Fantasy and romantic comedy meet in the drama You from the Stars.

Caption: Their dangerous and lively sweet romance

Studio: It looks like fun.

Man: If aliens were so handsome…

Caption: SBS drama special, You from the Stars

Reporter: There were rumors about how well you work together even before the drama started airing.

Caption: The couple with the best chemistry, Jun Ji-hyun & Kim Su-hyun

Caption: (Top) You from the Stars / Jun Ji-hyun, Kim Su-hyun Ji-hyun: Su-hyun is an extremely positive person.

Caption: Ji-hyun sees Su-hyun / as an extremely positive person

Ji-hyun: He often gives the impression of really being an alien.

Caption: Su-hyun often gives the impression of being an alien?!

Reporter: We’ll see how he does it.

Caption: Shock

Ji-hyun: Oh my.

Reporter: We’d like to see it once.

Caption: ?!@#$%&

Reporter: Ah, that’s it?

Su-hyun: That’s kind of it. Actually, all my positive evergy comes from the synergy that me and Ji-hyun have.

Caption: His positive energy

Caption: actually comes from Jun Ji-hyun

Reporter: Anyway, as this is a romantic comedy, I suppose we can all look forward to a kiss scene, right?

Caption: In the film “The Thieves” / there was a kiss scene between the two

Caption: In You from the Stars / will we see another one?

Su-hyun: Mr. writer, please… Oops!

Caption: Earnestly / Mr. writer, please…

Reporter: Your true feelings are revealed. The first time must have been difficult, but the second…

Caption: The first was difficult, but the second…

Caption: We look forward to a beautiful kiss scene

Song-yi: On a sleepy afternoon, a sweet mocha is the best! I think I know why Mun Ik-jum hid the mocca.

Caption: Queen of romantic comedy, Jun Ji-hyun / Returning to dramas after 14 years

Song-yi: Using propofol gives the best effect.

Caption: No need for common sense / Cheon Song-yi epitomizes the ultimate bimbo

Reporter: Cheon Song-yi’s constant extremely dramatic outbursts were a hot topic even before airing, and you even said her personality was similar to your own.

Caption: Her dramatic character is similar to her own personality?

Ji-hyun: I’m a dramatic actress, so I’m comfortable because I don’t need to push myself.

Caption: I’m a dramatic actress do I don’t need to push myself.

Ji-hyun: And I’m similar to Cheon Song-yi, but the hardest part in saying that is admitting to the bimbo-ness…

Caption: And I’m similar to Cheon Song-yi, but the hardest part in saying that

Caption: is admitting to the bimbo-ness

Reporter: Ah, yes.

Ji-hyun: She speaks like there’s no tomorrow, which is difficult. I’m not sure to say which part of me is like her.

Caption: She speaks like there’s no tomorrow

Caption: It’s difficult. I’m not sure to say which part of me is like her…

Reporter: So in short, you’re not a bimbo.

Caption: Jun Ji-hyun isn’t a bimbo!

Ji-hyun: No, that’s not quite it…

Caption: No, that’s not quite it…

Reporter: At first you said you were similar, but you tried to distance yourself from that part.

Caption: Is she similar, or not?

Ji-hyun: Well, you could even say I’m not even acting.

Caption: You could even say I’m not even acting

Ji-hyun: It just comes naturally.

Caption: It’s natural

Reporter: Su-hyun, how about you?

Caption: Are Do Min-jun and Kim Su-hyun similar?

Su-hyun: Among my powers are the power to stop time and teleport.

Caption: In the show, my powers are

Caption: stopping time / or teleporting

Reporter: So it’s an unbelievable character.

Caption: An unbelievable character

Reporter: If you could have one of those powers?

Caption: If he could have one of those powers?

Su-hyun: It would be teleportation.

Caption: It would be teleporting

Reporter: If men could teleport, I think there’s one place they would all like to go.

Caption: Men: / If they could teleport, they’d go to one place

Ji-hyun: Haha, where’s that?

Reporter: You’re laughing because you know, right? You look like you already know.

Caption: Doesn’t she already know?

Ji-hyun: No, I don’t know.

Caption: She pretends not to know

Reporter: If you’re a healthy young man…

Caption: Give… / If you’re a healthy young man

Su-hyun: Could it be where I’m thinking of?

Caption: And take… / Could it be where I’m thinking of?

Reporter: Steam comes billowing out…

Caption: Steam comes billowing out…

Su-hyun: The kitchen?

Caption: Kitchen

Reporter: Wow, you dodged that well.

Ji-hyun: Actually, women scrub themselves harder than you might think. Still want to go there?

Caption: She said she didn’t know… / Women scrub harder than you think

Caption: Still want to go there?

Reporter: We like women with strength in their arms.

Caption: We like women / with strength in their arms

Reporter: And we saw the preview episode again, and there’s a scene where you dance, Ji-hyun.

Caption: If it’s Jun Ji-hyun, it’s got to have a dance

Man: It’s great, isn’t it?

Reporter: In a TV commercial a while ago…

Ji-hyun: Yes.

Caption: Sexy dance queen, Jun Ji-hyun

Reporter: Did you always dance so well?

Ji-hyun: Rather than dancing well, I like feeling the rhythm.

Caption: Rather than dancing well, I like feeling the rhythm

Ji-hyun: I also like to exercise too.

Caption: I also like to exercise too

Ji-hyun: I think I just like being expressive with my body.

Caption: I just like being expressive with my body

Reporter: So, Su-hyun, let’s talk about your abs.

Caption: For the ladies / Kim Su-hyun’s rock-hard abs

Su-hyun: Uh oh.

Reporter: It’s already being called the ‘6-pack shower scene’.

Caption: Much-awaited / You from the Stars ‘6-pack shower scene

Reporter: Do you still have it? The 6-pack?

Caption: Do you still have a 6-pack?

Su-hyun: Now school’s over, so I’ve left it at the studio.

Caption: School’s over now

Caption: so I only wear it for the drama

Reporter: Can you take it off?

Caption: Can Kim Su-hyun remove his 6-pack?

Ji-hyun: I I’m thinner than him, and I was worried about why he looked so thin, but his body looks so great on screen I thought you’ve got to be that thin to look that good on TV.

I worried about looking bad beside him.

Caption: I think I’m thinner than him and I wondered why he’s so thin

Caption: but his body looks grea on screen

Caption: so I thought you have to be that thin to look good on TV

Caption: Compared with Kim Su-hyun / Jun Ji-hyun worried about their bodies being compared

Reporter: Ah, so you worried. But today your accessories, your ring is very…

It was a big topic, the 10 rings.

Caption “Unique accessories” – Jun Ji-hyun’s 10 rings

Reporter: What is the concept?

Caption: What’s the concept?

Ji-hyun: It means all my fingers are special, all my body is special; it’s a deep meaning.

Caption: All fngers are precious

Caption: All my body is precious

Caption: The 10 rings hold a deep meaning

Reporter: And your silky hair s precious too, right?

Caption: Shalala

Reporter: Sorry, but you brushing your hair back makes my heart flutter.

Caption: Ji-hyun brushing her hair back

Caption: makes my heart flutter

Ji-hyun: Sorry.

Caption: Sorry

Reporter: It’s difficult being next to you. Su-hyun, how can you act with a beauty like Ji-hyun?

Caption: How can Su-hyun act alongside Ji-hyun?

Su-hyun: At first it was difficult to breathe, but as time’s gone by I’ve gotten used to it.

Caption: Difficult at first and it was hard to breathe

Caption: but I’m used to it now

Reporter: So you can even get used to Jun Ji-hyun.

Caption: So you can even get used to Jun Ji-hyun

Su-hyun: Yes, a bit.

Caption: Confident / Yes

Ji-hyun: How can I get you back for this?

Caption: How can I have revenge?

Reporter: If you could name a moment to watch for in the upcoming You from the Stars?

Su-hyun: As Do Min-jun slowly falls for Cheon Song-yi, I think you should focus on Song-yi’s attractiveness.

Caption: You from the Stars moment to watch for

Caption: Jun Ji-hyun&Kim Su-hyun / A drama to watch just for the combination of these two actors

Reporter: Whatever you imagine, you will see more. Please look forward to the drama You from the Stars.

Caption: You from the Stars will show you the quintessence of a sweet romance

Su-hyun: Please give lots of attention and love, thank you.

Caption: Don’t touch that dial! In a moment at 10pm /

SBS drama special, You from the Stars first broadcast

Ji-hyun: Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Aerial shoot - You Who Came from the Star

#youtube SBS 드라마 "별에서 온 그대" 항공촬영 스케치_140218

One word for this aerial shoot:

BEAUTIFUL.

The island is really great and the music background fits it so well. If only it were shown in the drama :x :x

Reposted from @wwffmm on the shipper thread.

Guest doiydoiy

Not sure if this was posted before but Song Yi references a lot of songs when she was sad like,"As if I'm Shot" (referenced multiple times), "I'll Get Lost, You Go Your Way" and "Never Let You Go" (during ep 17)I was wondering if anyone could link me to the real songs, if they are real songs haha. Thanks!
I gotta say, this is the first Korean drama I've ever watched and I loved it very much, extremely heartwarming and insightful. All the actors and actresses embodied the character flawlessly and it was very enjoyable despite some loopholes. Yay!

"You Who came from the Stars" honored with two gold medals by the "Tokyo Drama Award"translated by Pechumori - iKstars subteam

htm_20141023124134c010c011_99_2014102312

"You who came from the stars" will be honored with two gold medals by the "Tokyo Drama Award".

"You who came from the Stars" will receive a special overseas recognition for its popularity at the "Tokyo Drama Awards" which will be held today, the 23rd, at 1:00 pm, Kim Soo Hyun will receive the Best Actor Award, while "You Who came from the Stars" got the Best Drama award.

Starting from the end of last year to the beginning of this year, the drama was able to record a viewership rating close to 30% during its broadcast and has attracted great popularity. Even the little things such as the costumes and accessories became a hot topic. Copyright contracts throughout Asia, including China and European countries reflect the popularity of this drama. Furthermore, the broadcast station ABC in the US bought the copyright to do a remake which shows that the fever has not yet cooled off.

Kim Soo Hyun has established his position as a star not only domestically but covering Japan, China and the whole of Asia. At the beginning of this month, he won the Grand Prize for the Best Actor Award at the "2014 Korea Drama Awards" which was held in Gyeongnam.

The "Tokyo Drama Awards" ceremony is held as part of the "Tokyo Drama Festival". It is a prestigious award ceremony in Japan that selects the winners from dramas which have been broadcasted on television.

credit: naver
Kim Soo Hyun International Fanclub

Kim Soo Hyun and 'You Who Came from the Stars' to be awarded at the 'Tokyo Drama Awards'

http://static1.allkpop.com/upload/2014/10/af_org/Kim-Soo-Hyun_1414039432_af_org.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun and his drama 'You Who Came from the Stars' will be awarded at the 'Tokyo Drama Awards' today!

The actor will pick up an award for 'Best Actor in Asia' as well as for his drama 'You Who Came From the Stars', which will receive the 'Special Award for Foreign Drama'.

His agency Key East Entertainment rep told OSEN on October 23, "Kim Soo Hyun was invited to the 'Tokyo Drama Awards'. He departed [for Tokyo] on the 22nd and is set to receive the 'Best Actor in Asia' award there... The 'Tokyo Drama Awards' and the 'Tokyo International Film Festival' ('TIFF') are part of the same event. That is why he will walk the green carpet for the opening of the film festival today (23rd)."

The 'Tokyo International Film Festival' will run from October 23-31.

Credit : Allkpop 

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 1.4em; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Man Crush Monday: “My Love From the Stars’” Do Min Joon
Soompi_Editorials_Man_Crush_Monday.jpg

This week, our man, or should I say alien, is none other than Do Min Joon from “My Love From the Stars.” Last year, in 2013, he took the world by storm for his handsome alien features, that, by the way, looks nothing at all like E.T., and deep love for actress Cheon Song Yi. After coming to Earth 400 years ago, Do Min Joon couldn’t wait to go back to his home planet, but there’s nothing quite like falling in love to make him want to stay on Earth – forever.

Without further ado, let’s take a look at the five reasons that make Do Min Joon so crushable (spoilers ahead):

1. Do Min Joon has fun superpowers.

Do-Min-Joon-Drunk-540x540.jpg
One of the biggest perks of loving an alien is having the ability to watch him play with his superpowers. From teleporting to stopping time, super strength to super hearing, and, my all time favorite, telekinesis, Do Min Joon can do it all. Have you ever seen him drunk? The results are hilarious as seen in his Joseon-era memories where he had people scrambling left and right in sheer panic, high-pitched screams, and horrified faces. It was absolutely priceless! And though he may attempt to scare you with his abilities in order to protect you, Do Min Joon would never use them to hurt you.

2. Do Min Joon is adorably awkward when lying.

Do-Min-Joon-Busted-540x314.png

I don’t think there’s a bone in his body fully capable of lying and successfully pulling it off. He immediately gains that look of wide-eyed innocence, like you’ve wrongfully accused him of something, but you know full well that you have the evidence to support your accusations. Do Min Joon always appears dumbfounded and surprised, but his slight stuttering and brief pauses in between defensive words are a dead giveaway that he’s been completely busted! It’s completely adorable and you only wish you could catch him in the act more to see that facial expression again.

3. Do Min Joon will risk everything to protect you.

Do-Min-Joon-Protection-540x540.jpg

From barely restraining himself from killing the one that hurt you to dropping from the sky and stopping the car that would have taken you over the cliff, Do Min Joon is willing to do anything to protect you to the best of his abilities. Even if it meant exposing his secret to the world or sacrificing himself to ensure your safety. His super hearing is always focused on you, tuning into your distinct voice and making certain you aren’t calling to him for help. Without effort, he is your knight in shining armor, but he never makes you feel inferior. Even when you aren’t in danger, if you call out to him, he will appear in a nanosecond to make sure everything is okay.

4. Do Min Joon is a great doctor.

Do-Min-Joon-Profession-540x540.jpg

And professor. Manager. Bodyguard. Lawyer. His abilities are truly limitless, aided by the fact that he’s been learning multiple crafts in the 400 years he’s been stranded on Earth. He’ll be able to assist you with anything you may need, diagnose a health condition in a heartbeat, and save you from all kinds of financial woes. When you’re with Do Min Joon, there isn’t anything to prevent you from kicking back and enjoying life because you can be certain that he will be knowledgeable on all the important aspects of adult life. Wouldn’t it be great to worry about one less thing on a daily basis? Or many?

5. Do Min Joon loves with all his heart.

Do-Min-Joon-Love-540x540.jpg

When he cares, he can’t stop. To be honest, it’s not about his life skills or how adorable and handsome he looks. It’s not about how he’ll save you from life threatening situations. Just the fact that Do Min Joon cares about all the minor details is enough to make him crush-worthy. All the other aspects are just very, very nice bonuses. When Do Min Joon loved the young girl in the Joseon era, he cared about every aspect of her. Her safety, health, and state of mind. He wished for her happiness, however fleeting, and kept himself by her side when she needed him. Despite the fact that their time together was cut short and Do Min Joon was filled with guilt, I think he knew, somewhere in the recess of his heart, that the young girl’s eyes had glowed a bit brighter because of him.

In the present day, when he loves Cheon Song Yi, he made every facet of her a priority. Things and situations that might have bypassed other people were the very pieces of vital information he focused on. What made her happy, sad, and scared – these were all important to him to know. Accidentally stepping on glass, facing persistent reporters intent on bringing her down, and even deceitful friends – all of these situations and more were ones that Do Min Joon sought to find solutions for because it affected Cheon Song Yi’s overall well being.

He knew when she was trying to bury her inner thoughts and emotions behind a wall of aloofness, but he never called her out on it. He knew when she was hurting and tried to heal her. When she was at risk to be heartbroken, Do Min Joon tried to distance himself to prevent her deepening feelings as an attempt to lessen the pain. Since that didn’t work, he decided to give her as much happiness as he could before he would, inevitably, disappear from Earth. But even then, he never gave up and tried to find a way back to her.

source: http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/27/man-crush-monday-my-love-from-the-stars-do-min-joon/

Sorry. I forgot to wish uri Cheon Song Yi in this thread.....
October 30, 1981Happy BIRTHDAY to the best Cheon Song Yi in the world.... JUN JI HYUNimagePlease be healthy, be happy and stay prettyI wish you'll be happy with your family and friends.Many happy returns!I will always support CheonDo Couple and MLFTS for the long, long time.Cheers.

Archived