Quantcast
musiklover

which book that you read would read again?

This is a bit of a stretch but I always find it pretty easy -for leisure reading- to read books that are made for kids in middle school  (8th graders) and so I'm recommending any books by Lois Lowry, the author of "The Giver," "Gathering Blue," and "The Messenger," because I find her writing just beautiful. Before the dystopian genre came to be super popular among young adults, "The Giver" was pretty much a classic dystopian novel at my elementary/middle school /and probably elsewhere as well.

Although "The Giver" was a mandatory read for me in 6th grade, almost a decade ago, it was one I could read over and over.
Another one of her books I could read over and over again, although it was the most depressing book ever (makes me seem almost sadistic) is "The Silent Boy" by Lois Lowry. I also liked "A Summer to Die," I swear, all her books have great titles and the stories are hauntingly wonderful.

If you want something by her that is historical fiction, read "Number the Stars;" it's such a haunting story set during World War II.

Hope you don't mind reverting to easy reading but for leisure it should be fun and since I assume you're older than middle school age, they'll be easy, QUICK reads.

Also, buying yourself a Kindle was an expensive buy, so go for the FREE books section - there are MANY classics there that are free. I've got myself signed up to read some Lewis Carroll, Jane Austen, etc.

Oh and I didn't notice you were leaning more towards self-help but there's a lot of free "baking" books so I assume there'll be lots of free self-help too. Have fun!

They aren't books, but manga... I've read many manga's multiple times. Especially Deathnote and other shorter ones.

As for regular books that's I've read... Maybe Dracula. : )

Also the Vampire Academy Series. (I hope that movie is good.)

I'd read Divergent again. (I will before seeing the movie.)

When I was a kid I read Nancy Drew a lot.  : D

I've read Vivian Vande Valde's books multiple times.

I second Wicked by Gregory Maguire.  It's surprisingly profound and mind you, this is coming from someone who hated the Wizard of Oz movie.

The Grimm's Fairytales -- gruesome goodness, lol

You can't go wrong with Nancy Drew or anything by Agatha Christie

For graphic novels, I recommend The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle (It's beautiful in black and white but it's nothing compared to seeing the artwork in color). 

I don't know if this counts as self-help, but Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling is pretty entertaining.

Eleanor and Park
I loved every second of it. It was somewhat a cliché idea, but it was...different. I don't really know how to explain it. Man it was good, I'm practically drooling as I reminisce.

• Like 1

Kristin Cashore - Die FlammendeI dont know how its called in english but i know they are also english version of these books of her  :x

I read Men, Women, and Chain Saws: Gender in the Modern Horror Film. I enjoyed it a lot. It was one of the books recommended by my sociology class and I picked it up for fun.

Anne of Avonlea.

The sexual tension between Gilbert Blythe and Anne Shirley is just amazing. 

anneofavonlea__span.jpg

Edited by choovelylove
  • Like 2