which book that you read would read again?

Guest musiklover

Guest musiklover

I just brought a kindle just for books so I"m looking for a book to read
in my spare time since I have nothing to do so yeah.
look forward to your perspective and insight

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cristolephe

I would read The Illustrated Man again, I find short books easy to read again. Longer books, probably not.

Guest nana544

I like horror books by Christopher Pike; used to read them a lot in high school. I was a book worm. I missed reading a good book.

Guest ikweli

just finished A Game of Thrones in the series A song of ice and fire. i dont read much but damn that ending got me worrying for whats coming up afterwards.
my idiot self didnt order the 2nd book so i had to order it today and wait like a week for it to be shipped at my house -_- what am i going to read for the next couple o days?!?

Some of the books I've read a few times each:

Cyber Way (Alan Dean Foster--also wrote Aliens-did not read that-), Neverwhere  by Neil Gaiman; (have actually re-read a couple of his), several books by Charles deLint, like The Blue Girl and the Newford series (http://www.goodreads.com/series/40383-newford )  I like his books because they mix Celtic and North American Indian myths/worlds...have also re-read Douglas Adams' books; there are old books, like Treasure Island and Black Arrow, and newer books, like The Invention of Hugo Cabret  (http://www.amazon.com/Invention-Hugo-Cabret-Brian-Selznick/dp/0439813786); and L.J. Smith's Forbidden Game series, and the Dark Visions series.  I never knew that she's only 3 years younger than me.  They came out in the mid-90's. think I've read them at least 3 times each.

Guest Hellen Lee1430292667

I enjoy reading romance novels. Pride and Prejudice, Devil in Winter and Secrets of a Summer Night are really good ones.

Guest Premium Oppa

"Roads to Sata", by Alan Booth - a book about his walk from the northern tip of Japan to the south back in the 70s.  Probably one of my favorite books ever, I've read it countless times.  Lost Japan by Alex Kerr is another vivid non fiction about Japan that is very enlightening about the culture and people.  I love those two books very much.
Timeline, by Michael Crichton is a great adventure novel that I've read several times since I was maybe like 15  (Most any Michael Crichton books I can read over and over.)  
The Harry Potter novels I've enjoyed reading multiple times, and I just started reading the Song of Ice and fire series and I think I'd enjoy reading those more than once as well.
Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood, I haven't read a second time yet but I ought to.  Right when I got to the end I wanted to start it again.  If you like poignant and sometimes tragic love stories, that one is wonderful.  I get fuzzy just thinking about it.

Guest jandie30

Pillars of the earth by Ken follent.i have read it over three times n still tempted to read it again, its an interesting book abt when greed brushes shoulders with religion n political ambitions.its set in the medieval times...am sure u would enjoy it...warning its lengthy.

Hmm... 
books I would read again would be insightful, deep books, so here's a list of insightful books I've read (or just really enjoying reads that I love):
The Emperor of all MaladiesAcross the UniverseBattle RoyaleThe White TigerThe Westing Game
I like books with dark humor, so I highly recommend The White Tiger.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kenneth028

Most of the time i never read book twice even it is really a nice book.In our life one of the thing that we always read everyday is newspaper which i am amaze that this is never fade away even their is an internet and media.In Finland country newspaper or sanomalehtimedia is still a top choice to read of many people and top choice also of some business in advertising way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest babymichiie

Basically it depends on your interests.. but if you like Asian Fiction then probably you can try reading these few books?

Empress Orchid by Anchee Min
The Last Empress by Anchee Min
The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel by Maureen Lindley
The Concubine's Daughter by Pai Kit Fai

These are some of the books that I enjoyed reading. Mostly I read Asian Fiction.. but all books work well with me.. except horror and classics I guess? But I do read those from time to time! :)

Guest hamdainvincible

This is a bit of a stretch but I always find it pretty easy -for leisure reading- to read books that are made for kids in middle school  (8th graders) and so I'm recommending any books by Lois Lowry, the author of "The Giver," "Gathering Blue," and "The Messenger," because I find her writing just beautiful. Before the dystopian genre came to be super popular among young adults, "The Giver" was pretty much a classic dystopian novel at my elementary/middle school /and probably elsewhere as well.

Although "The Giver" was a mandatory read for me in 6th grade, almost a decade ago, it was one I could read over and over.
Another one of her books I could read over and over again, although it was the most depressing book ever (makes me seem almost sadistic) is "The Silent Boy" by Lois Lowry. I also liked "A Summer to Die," I swear, all her books have great titles and the stories are hauntingly wonderful.

If you want something by her that is historical fiction, read "Number the Stars;" it's such a haunting story set during World War II.

Hope you don't mind reverting to easy reading but for leisure it should be fun and since I assume you're older than middle school age, they'll be easy, QUICK reads.

Also, buying yourself a Kindle was an expensive buy, so go for the FREE books section - there are MANY classics there that are free. I've got myself signed up to read some Lewis Carroll, Jane Austen, etc.

Oh and I didn't notice you were leaning more towards self-help but there's a lot of free "baking" books so I assume there'll be lots of free self-help too. Have fun!

Archived