BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #2024Jin&HobiReturning #HopeOnTheStreetVol1 #JinD57 #FRI(END)S #NEURON]

YongZura⁷

44 minutes ago, Yinye said:

The next BTS radio show on Apple Music starts in 10 mins!!

@YongZura⁷ we posted at the same time lol 

Sorry I didn't see you.... :selfie2:With three devices, multi-tasking heeee..

- joining btschartdata station again

- Apple Music

- YT

I wonder how we survive 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ctto

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

After a few years of smash hits, BTS have cemented their relevance in music. With old and new tracks, 'Proof' puts the focus back on what truly matters: their love for their fans.

BTS have catapulted to unprecedented levels of stardom in the two years since their last Korean release, BE. They became the first K-pop act to be nominated for a GRAMMY, broke countless chart and streaming records, and sold out stadiums across the globe. BTS has already proven there's nothing they can't do — hence, their anthology album, Proof, feels perfectly timed. It reintroduces BTS to the world by solidifying them as who they are: musicians who inspire.

Just in time for the group's 9th anniversary, Proof features classic songs, unreleased gems, and three new songs for fans to enjoy. Though BTS has spent the last year or so releasing infectious English tracks, this three-disc album showcases their depth and lyrical ability in addition to their knack for producing catchy pop hits. A return to their primarily Korean music, it feels like BTS is home once again.

With 48 tracks in total, there's something to discover for fans both new and old. Ultimately, everyone who listens to Proof will understand the musical journey BTS has experienced since their debut. 

Here are 5 takeaways from BTS' new album Proof.

It's A Love Letter Between ARMY And BTS

From the rough demos, to the care taken in ordering the tracks, to special songs like "Born Singer" from 2013, Proof is an album only true fans will be able to fully understand and appreciate. And that's exactly the point. 

After a couple years of issuing radio-friendly hits, BTS chose to release a project that would mean something to the fans that have rooted for them over the years. Ahead of the release, the group's RM commented, "As the focus of the album is our message for our fans who have been together with us for the past nine years, we paid the most attention to our lyrics."

"Yet to Come" Has A Message Of Hope

Like the title suggests, "Yet to Come (The Most Beautiful Moment in Life)" initially feels like a lost track from BTS' 2015 EP The Most Beautiful Moment in Life. Listen again, and you can pinpoint different lyrics that chronicle the group's journey from humble hip-hop group to your friendly neighborhood superstars: "That uncomfortable title we were given one day/We are still abashed by being called the best," the Korean lyrics translate. "You know, I just love music/ Nothing much has changed from back then." 

The story isn't stuck in the past, though. There's a clear message of hope, that something better is coming for whoever listens.

"Run BTS" Is Just As Fun As The Show

Most ARMYs know about the variety show BTS have been doing since 2015, "Run BTS, " in which they play games and do various activities as a group. Just like the fan-favorite show — which has allowed fans to watch the group bond with each over the years — the new track of the same name is flavorful and uptempo with the perfect dash of hip-hop. 

With RM, Suga, j-hope, and Jungkook working on the song, it's definitely a team effort. Although emotional ballads make up a good deal of the album, "Run BTS" captures the high-energy antics for which the group is known and loved.

"For Youth" Is About Gratitude

Much of Proof is fan-centric, but "For Youth" definitely takes the cake. Youth is not about age, but the feeling of being with someone that makes life feel worth living. For BTS, that's ARMY, and vice versa. 

At the beginning of the song, a packed stadium sings "Epilogue: Young Forever" to the boys. The track highlights that special moment, providing an opportunity for BTS to respond in a poignant way. Lyrics like, "I open my eyes and it's 10 years ago/ Hanging around Nonhyeon-dong" and "That flower cared for, thanks to you I could be me" paint a perfect picture of the memories shared.

It's Hard Not To Cry

BTS have always been in touch with their emotional side, and they've never shied away from vulnerability in their music. But it's arguably more apparent than ever on Proof. Throughout all 48 tracks (especially the disc of exclusive demos), there's a certain rawness that further humanizes the group. 

With Proof, BTS managed to capture some of the most special moments of their career while adding new ones. Whether they're highlighting well-appreciated tracks like "Spring Day," adding fan-loved unofficial favorites like "Born Singer," or summing up their journey with new tracks that focus on reflection and storytelling, the album serves as an exquisite recollection of BTS' history and hope for the future. 

The record is timely, as it comes at a time where the group seems larger than life, but clearly aims to remind the world that anything is possible with passion and hard work. Thinking back on how long the journey to recognition has been for the septet warrants a tear or two, and sharing the moment with fans makes it even more special.

While happy songs like "Dynamite" have helped them dominate the mainstream, Proof is a reminder that BTS' ability to touch their audience is not limited to one emotion, one genre or one moment — and the proof is in the music.

ctto

• Blob 3

Omo! They made poor Yoongi sing again. Always makes me think of how he said he was “tricked” into joining BTS with false promises of him not having to dance. :joy: Now apparently they’re adding singing to that list. 

Nice video and song btw. :kiss_wink:

@confusedheart

Spoiler

Loved Jimin’s hair in the FESTA video you posted - why couldn’t they keep his hairstyle in the new MV though ?

water swim GIF

@agenth That’s a big compliment coming from you :scream:

@YongZura⁷ Didn’t know Lainey was a BTS fan. 

@the_sweetroad @Idylla Kaizoku @Min2206 how did you like the new video/song?

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Don't worry @partyon Yoongi loves to sing .. (There is a scene in BTS In the Soop) He even took a singing lesson. 

He chose Trivia See-Saw right, for Proof....  He is interested to experience what a vocalist does too.

BTW, I always post her write up about BTS here, because I love her perspective towards BTS.

:getmygrooveon:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

Glad that we are able to get to know them as individual and professional although not all of us knew them at the same time.  With PROOF we are able to experience it all since they were rookies and now they are one (group) of the top artists globally.  Some ARMY even grew up together with them... and for some of us we are inspired by them because of the challenges that they had to go through although they are way younger than us.  

For the new ARMY, please check all their official documentaries to really get to know them as individuals too. There is also unofficial documentary but praised by many that you can watch too - The Rise of Bangtan on YT for all the series.

Well, that's all for tonight.  As usual keep streaming and enjoy going through this time tunnel (since they were rookies)  Even this thread is in the 9th year (21/6/2013) I'm grateful for the ARMY who started it and I'm just continuing whenever and wherever I can.

Be kind, people.  Take care.

Spoiler

ctto

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Saw it on my TL just now.  Where was I at that time?

#BTS have completed two music shows and we are able to read some of the posts by the ARMYs who attended the programs. They are going to have one more music show (the biggest gathering for BTS and ARMY) 4000 + Thank you #BTS .  Thank you #ARMYs.  

*Don't forget to read what current ARMYs left in the post.

Check-out for now  and STREAM everyone....

ctto

• Blob 3