BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #2024Jin&HobiReturning #HopeOnTheStreetVol1 #JinD77 #DDayTheMovie #FRI(END)S #NEURONisHere]

YongZura⁷

EVENT: BE Listening Party

BTS released their new album BE on November 20. They were also nominated for a Grammy award on November 24.

caceaee60e0b42a7bd451ce879519c56.jpeg?s=

In order to give everyone the chance to get to know the songs a little bit better, our most excellent BTS expert @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ came up with the idea to organize a Listening Party. Yay!

How does it work?

We have listed 7 tracks from BE below, as well as, their lyrics. Please listen to them and/or read the lyrics, and then share your thoughts below and/or take part in the poll on top of the page.

What is BE about?
"As a sense of helplessness looms in every corner of the world, BTS opens themselves up to express their mixed feelings about this situation—fear and anxiety mingled with the determination to overcome all this."
rwXJxHlQ87gEiJJynB1pmScl.jpg

Do I have to know BTS to participate?

Absolutely not. Music is universal.
In case you are a BTS noob and are interested in knowing a little bit more about BTS, we have listed some info below:

Spoiler

BTS (Bangtan Boys / Bangtan Sonyeondan aka Bulletproof Boy Scouts / Beyond the Scene) is a 7 member South Korean band that debuted in 2013 under Big Hit Entertainment.
The group consists of the following members: RM (leader), Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V (Taehyung) and Jungkook.

%E2%80%98LG_Q7_BTS_%EC%97%90%EB%94%94%EC

Fans who support BTS are called ARMY.

BTS has released 9 studio albums (5 in Korean, 4 in Japanese). Their first song in English, Dynamite, was released in August 2020.

What to consider:

When you listen to the songs, it would be fun if you would let us know which song:

• you would like to play again and again
  • make you smile and feel happy when listening to it
  • you would listen to after a hard day's work / studying
  • you would listen to before going to sleep.
  • gives you the the most comfort during the current situation (Covid19)
  • makes you want to stand up and dance
  • gives you the strength when you feel exhausted

The songs:

1) Life Goes On

2) Fly To My Room

3) Blue & Grey

4) Telepathy

5) Dis-ease

6) Stay

7) Dynamite

Spoiler

For more information about the album:
https://ibighit.com/bts/eng/discography/detail/be.php

Enjoy!  party_blob.gif?1547582922

A huge thank you to @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ for the invaluable help with the event! :kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

tagging: @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @stella77 @Sarang21 @Jillia @Sleepy Owl @Min2206 @sadthe1st @corey @MayanEcho @kokodus @pompyavi @gm4queen @larus@Ameera Ali @joccu @pompyavi @Sejabin @Thong Thin @Nodame
(let me know of  chingus I should tag)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to ♡ BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread [#BTS_BE Congratulations #GrammyNominatedBTS]

Thanks @partyon for helping us organizing our first "Listening Party"  here.   Please feel free to tag other friends that you feel will be able to enjoy listening to the songs too.  Thank you. 

@Min2206Welcome to our thread.  Yes, do enjoy the songs at your own pace and use any platform that you love.  

:hooray2:

Spotify

Apple Music

Youtube Music

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

41 minutes ago, partyon said:

BTS (Bangtan Boys / Bangtan Sonyeondan aka Bulletproof Boy Scouts / Beyond the Scene) is a 7 member South Korean band that debuted in 2013 under Big Hit Entertainment.

ooh thanks for this info! I don't know anything about BTS besides their name and even that I wonder, why they are called that. so what does bangtan mean?

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

For more information about the album:
https://ibighit.com/bts/eng/discography/detail/be.php

so looks like the album was inspired by the madness of 2020?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 5

3 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

Thanks @partyon for helping us organizing our first "Listening Party"  here.   Please feel free to tag other friends that you feel will be able to enjoy listening to the songs too.  Thank you. 

@Min2206Welcome to our thread.  Yes, do enjoy the songs at your own pace and use any platform that you love.  

Yes, yes I will

I do watch their dancing clips - love their moves.   I am not much into K-Pops ... who knows , right?

Will some beats make me BE party_blob.gif?1547582922

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

fun driving GIF 

As a fellow Army here, I've been looping the album pretty much since it came out.

I hope everyone will enjoy the album at their pace/time. 

Thanks to @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @partyon

Hello to @Min2206 and @Lmangla - Bangtan Sonyeondan literally means bulletproof boy scouts and they wanted to portray resilient youths in the beginning etc.

For me:

• Spoiler

• you would like to play again and again : My absolute favorite is Dis-ease and Stay so I can loop them again and again!
    • make you smile and feel happy when listening to it: Dynamite makes me happier and smile at the some of the lyrics (I'm a gamer and I used to play Donkey Kong back during the Atari era lol)
    • you would listen to after a hard day's work / studying: The entire album is played while I work this morning actually! 
    • you would listen to before going to sleep: Life Goes On + Blue & Grey are best for good night serenade. 
    • gives you the the most comfort during the current situation (Covid19): This entire album really delivered on this - since the guys made it with this intention!
    • makes you want to stand up and dance: The run from Telepathy until Dynamite is very good for dancing.
    • gives you the strength when you feel exhausted: Life Goes On is the most motivational one in reminding you that hardship shall pass.

One of BTS's greatest strength is the relatability through so many levels/ways; but especially their lyrics so that is why I voted for every song for Q.3. Since COVID-19 lifestyle, I found that I can related personally to the specific lyrics in each of the songs. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to ♡ BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread [Welcome to our "1st Listening Party" #BTS_BE Congratulations #GrammyNominatedBTS]

Wow, I didn't know that BTS has a thread in soompi forums??! :o Thanks a lot @partyon & @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ chingus for organizing this sweet event for us. I got a perfect knowledge of BTS boys in just one second. 

And talking about their songs in the list, no doubt, I choose their latest hit Dynamite.. The up-beat rhythm is all I need to cheer up myself. I love it so much!!! :heart: 

1200px-BTS_on_the_Billboard_Music_Awards

Thanks a lot for tagging me, guys!! Can't wait to know who else love Dynamite like me... :lol:

Happy day, you all! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

@gm4queenThank you for being here.  The thread has been here since their debut and I'm feeling grateful for the ARMY who started it. 

I bet you will not be able to sit down listening to Dynamite and have you seen all the performances?  Each is unique....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47h72eus5wlv90f6osq9

However do listen to the other songs, you might enjoy the others too.  Take your own sweet time ... especially since the weekend is coming.

@corey You might be surprised... if you give their music a chance.  But it is fine ... don't worry

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

7 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

I bet you will not be able to sit down listening to Dynamite and have you seen all the performances?  Each is unique....

However do listen to the other songs, you might enjoy the others too.  Take your own sweet time ... especially since the weekend is coming.

Chingu, I am already listening to the remix of Dynamite as well! I seriously love that kind of up-beat rhythms & will listen to their other songs for sure when I get free time. :) And I've watched some of their interviews in youtube & these boys are a mania worldwide. Their english accent is so soothing to hear. :heart: I am not in to many K-pop bands but these guys are one of the best! Love their uniqueness. 

Music, sweet music! :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

@gm4queen A confession, BTS is the first and the only group that I really follow though I do know some other solo or group of singers too.  Their music is so diverse ....  If you even watched their interview etc then you know them quite well too.

Well for the latest album, the one that struck me first is their title track .. "Life Goes On" 

The part where V saw the stadium while driving through.giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, pompyavi said:

@partyon Thanks for the tag. But I don't listen to kpop. And i don't know anyone from BTS. :D

I don't listen to kpop either, and I know very little about BTS.
I had a listen through their songs from the album yesterday, while I was preparing the event. I have to say that it was a nice surprise. Many really great songs!

So I would urge you to listen a bit to some of their songs if you would like to get to know them better. I also added some info about BTS in my post.

It's okay if you don't want to participate in the event, though. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

21 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

@partyon Thanks for the tag. But I don't listen to kpop. And i don't know anyone from BTS. :D

Thank you for being here.  So what type of music do you like? You might be surprised after listening to the music they have created.  The album BE is created when their world tour concert had to be cancelled because of the pandemic.

This article might give you a glimpse of why they are sharing this music - HERE and I'll introduce you to each member (who knows you might meet them somewhere :D)

Dear "chingus" don't feel pressured to answer the poll.  Since you are here, just relax and enjoy the music ... 

Youtube Music  Just click.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

10 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon is it graduation party for passing BTS test

I have finally learnt how to tell the members apart! :joy: Even @Sarang21 was proud of me!

:wow1:

10 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

This article might give you a glimpse of why they are sharing this music - HERE and I'll introduce you to each member (who knows you might meet them somewhere :D)

Ooh, yes! Please give us a short introduction of each BTS member ! I have mastered their names and their faces, but know very little about each one (except for RM). :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1