BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #2024Jin&HobiReturning #HopeOnTheStreetVol1 #JinD77 #DDayTheMovie #FRI(END)S #NEURONIsComing]

YongZura⁷

1 minute ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

Long time no see @partyon Don't forget to come back later.  I'm saving your seat on the 21st for the party. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): It's going to be smooth as BUTTER 

Thanks chingu :kiss_wink: Is something big happening on the 21st?

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Thanks chingu :kiss_wink: Is something big happening on the 21st?

He he he... now I know what you did here last night (my time zone) :getmygrooveon: (that means my posts here were not as informative as I thought)

We're getting the next single called "Butter" on the 21st May at 1 p.m KST and then

CF - #FILA

RM

E0xvcTEUUAYJ1-Y?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Jimin

E1BKRS7VIAEZ5K1?format=jpg&name=large

V, J-hope and Jin

Suga and Jung Kook

Credit to the owner

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to ♡ GRAMMY Nominated BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread [(BTS new single #ButterIsComing) (Voting #iHeartAwards #BBMAs)]

I finally completed my BTS Korean discography and a few other concerts — and still don’t have a photo card of V (his voice is what initially drew me to their song!) I don’t count BE photo cards. Maybe next album lol. 

It is funny that the universe knows I am slightly Hobi biased because I keep getting his photo cards - 6 (followed by Suga - 4; Jimin - 3; Jin - 2; RM and JK - 1 each).

• Awesome 1

Great Article from Rolling Stone (psst...are you buying the set?)

June cover

#BTSxRollingStone https://rol.st/3y6se1c

E1RDQWiWYAA72GY?format=jpg&name=small

The Triumph of BTS

How seven young superstars rewrote music-biz rules and became the biggest band in the world

xCPUTgeG_400x400.jpg?w=100

“This is a very serious and deep question,” says RM, the 26-year-old leader of the world’s biggest band. He pauses to think. We’re talking about utopian and dystopian futures, about how the boundary-smashing, hegemony-overturning global success of his group, the wildly talented seven-member South Korean juggernaut BTS, feels like a glimpse of a new and better world, of an interconnected 21st century actually living up to its promise. 

BTS’ downright magical levels of charisma, their genre-defying, sleek-but-personal music, even their casually nontoxic, skin-care-intensive brand of masculinity — every bit of it feels like a visitation from some brighter, more hopeful timeline. What RM is currently pondering, however, is how all of it contrasts with a darker landscape all around them, particularly the horrifying recent wave of anti-Asian violence and discrimination across a global diaspora. 

“We are outliers,” says RM, “and we came into the American music market and enjoyed this incredible success.” In 2020, seven years into their career, BTS’ first English-language single, the irresistible “Dynamite,” hit Number One, an achievement so singular it prompted a congratulatory statement from South Korea’s president, Moon Jae-in. The nation has long been deeply invested in its outsize cultural success beyond its borders, known as the Korean Wave.

“Now, of course, there is no utopia,” RM continues. “There’s a light side; there’s always going to be a dark side. The way we think is that everything that we do, and our existence itself, is contributing to the hope for leaving this xenophobia, these negative things, behind. It’s our hope, too, that people in the minority will draw some energy and strength from our existence. Yes, there’s xenophobia, but there are also a lot of people who are very accepting. . . . The fact that we have faced success in the United States is very meaningful in and of itself.”

At the moment, RM is in an acoustically treated room at his label’s headquarters in Seoul, wearing a white medical mask to protect a nearby translator. a black bucket hat, and a black hoodie from the Los Angeles luxury label Fear of God. As RM has had to explain too many times on U.S. talk shows, he taught himself his fluent English via bingeing Friends DVDs. Still, he makes understandable use of the interpreter when the conversation gets complex.

RM is a fan of complexity. He was on a path toward an elite university education before a love of hip-hop, first sparked by a Korean group, Epik High, detoured him into superstardom. Bang Si-hyuk, the cerebral, intense-yet-avuncular mogul-producer who founded BTS’ record company, Big Hit Entertainment (now HYBE), signed RM first, in 2010, and gradually formed BTS around the rapper’s talent and magnetism. “When I first met RM,” says Si-hyuk, “I felt a sense of duty that I must help him grow to become a great artist after acknowledging his musical talents and ways of thinking.”

When BTS debuted in 2013, Big Hit was an underdog startup in a South Korean music business then dominated by three huge firms (Si-hyuk had been a producer for one of them, JYP). Big Hit reportedly once ran out of cash while filming a video. Now, thanks to BTS’ success, HYBE is a publicly traded corporation so large it just snapped up the American management company behind Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande. “We always set goals and standards that may seem ideal, and try our best to get there as close as possible,” Si-hyuk says. “It’s still the same.”

MORE

Credit to the writer

• Love 2

It is an ICONIC cover for RS and an excellent article. It made me happy that they conveyed BTS and Army accurately. Not going to buy it though lol - saving for new album! 

Also McD’s photo dropped!! Who is who indeed?!

I think the last one is Yoongi (pale hands!!!) and JK or Tae? 

Black polka dot on yellow center is Jin 

can’t guess the others lol 

Hobi...just realized all the Hyung line have horizontal while the younger ones get vertical photos 

Love Jimin’s unicorn hairrrrr

I think Tae also lightened his hair a bit but I prefer black hair 

• Love 2

https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/05/14/look-bts-will-have-a-guest-appearance-on-friends-reunion-special/

LOOK: BTS will have a guest appearance on ‘Friends’ Reunion Special

The long awaited reunion of the highest rated sitcom in the 90’s is finally here and happening on May 27th on HBO Max!

123ab249-ada3-4848-85cf-f54454061cba.jpgimg_1698.jpg?resize=780%2C780&is-pending

Casts Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, and David Schwimmer together with star studded guests such as David Beckham, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, BTS, and more. And yes, you read it right, BTS is having a guest appearance too!

The Friends will be there for you soon! I know we cannot wait to hear the legendary theme song!

Wow my worlds are crashing together. This is AMAZING.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Thank you for the latest update... @Yinye and @agenth.  BTSARMYs are happy with so many things happening this May.  

BTS x Rolling Stone

x McDonalds

x Friends

x LV

BTS Covers June Issue of Rolling Stone

The magazine is also releasing solo covers with each seven group members, which is being sold in a custom box set.

bts-rolling-stone-1.jpeg?w=640&h=415&cro

BTS is continuing its global takeover with its first Rolling Stone cover.

The hit seven-member K-pop group, which is comprised of RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook, appear on the magazine’s June cover in matching Louis Vuitton looks. The group was named Louis Vuitton house ambassadors late last month.

In addition to their group cover, the seven members each appear in their own cover, which Rolling Stone will be revealing in the next week. Each cover is meant to reflect the singers’ unique personalities and styles. They’re also dressed in Louis Vuitton looks for the solo covers.

To celebrate the cover story, Rolling Stone is launching a custom box set with all eight BTS covers. The box set can be pre-ordered for $150 on Rolling Stone’s web site.

Credit to the owner

* Me too will prioritise my $,  though I do believe it's great investment to be able to have the set if you can afford it.  I love reading "their thoughts" and I somehow believe we'll still be able to read / see the content later.

• Like 1
  • Love 1