BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #2024Jin&HobiReturning #HopeOnTheStreetVol1 #JinD77 #DDayTheMovie #FRI(END)S #NEURONIsComing]

YongZura⁷

I am feeling a bit sad if BHF registers as an a non profit organization to continue its funding. I don’t have a problem with what they do and thank them for all the things they have done, especially buying fans music when they couldn’t afford it; but firmly believe that they should not set up as a ‘non-profit org’ just to fund music and influence charts. Non profit org are meant for social work - Like One in An Army type of activities — not to fund fans to buy music for charts. It scares me that so many fans supported it without consider the implications to BTS and the fandom. There’s  already discussion using this as evidence of how Army is insane and manipulating already too. I see they delete the tweet now; sorry for the venting. 

• Like 1

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to ♡ GRAMMY Nominated BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread [#Happy8thAnniversary #Butter3rd1Hot100 #Butter8thWin #BTSTheBest]
  • YongZura⁷ changed the title to ♡ GRAMMY Nominated BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread [#Happy8thAnniversary #Butter3rd1Hot100 #Butter9thWin #BTSTheBest]

Dear Gossips,

BTS dropped an album yesterday. BTS: The Best, a Japanese compilation album, has already broken chart records in Japan to go along with “Butter” staying at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 for a third week in a row, which represents their longest #1 streak so far. There have also been rumours that the band may drop another full album some time in July and if that’s true, it will mean their summer reign will be extended likely well into the fall….perhaps to the chagrin of certain music industry experts who don’t necessarily feel like their success with “Butter” and so many of their hits is legit since it’s their many millions of fans who are putting in so much of the effort by streaming and buying their music. So is that how we’re moving the goalposts now? That what qualifies as authentic success should be an “organic” movement? 

It’s an ideal that has been romanticised over time by entertainment culture. You know this movie, right? Struggling musician dreams for a shot to play at the club, finally gets a break, someone finally hears the song, gets signed, they’re put into the system, but then it doesn’t feel like they’re singing their truth, so they go back to their roots, magic happens, changes the world, the end. Or they keep dropping their tape off at the radio station and it gets ignored, but one night the DJ is sick and the intern plays it by mistake, everyone hears it, changes the world. That’s the purest path of a #1 song, and sure, it happens every now and again – Lil Nas X would be a modern social media equivalent but you’ll recall, there was a lot of resistance to “Old Town Road” when he first disrupted the scene so you would think, if this is indeed the dream, the way it “should” be, the insiders would be a lot more invested off the top instead of fighting it almost every step of the way until they’re forced by the moment to capitulate. 

BTS may have a lot of marketing influence now, but that doesn’t mean their origins weren’t “organic” and if western music industry insiders had better knowledge of how they got started, they’d actually see the “purity” in how they actually came to be the biggest band in the world. RM, Jin, Suga, j-hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook came from what was at the time a ragtag label. They were not initially embraced in South Korea. They were rejected by many of the music shows and the usual music promotion outlets that are considered star-makers in their home country. But for whatever reason, local fans who did respond to their music and fans from around the world somehow found their sound even though they weren’t at the time specifically targeting audiences internationally. The fact that their songs and their lyrics resonated with people who are not Korean was as much of a surprise to them, then, as it was to everyone else. I’m not here to do a lecture on the History of BTS but that’s pretty much a three line synopsis of their beginning. And doesn’t that meet, in every way, the definition of “organic”? There was never a path for seven Korean artists rapping and harmonising and dancing before to take over music around the world. If invention isn’t organic, then, I don’t know what is. 

Anyway, to be honest, when I initially decided to open the site today, it really wasn’t intended to be a Ted Talk on why BTS still isn’t taken seriously. My motivation was much more selfish. So let’s get back to that. 

I still haven’t had the BTS Meal at McDonald’s yet. Which probably makes me a delinquent ARMY. I thought about it yesterday though, because I wanted to celebrate getting my second shot, but the reason I’ve been holding off to begin with is that I’ve been prepping for a shoot on June 28 and these pictures have to last for a while so my whole plan was to basically hit up the drive-thru as soon as we wrap that day. The problem is, according to my research, the BTS Meal ends on June 20 which means I only have three days left to do it, if I’m going to do it. 

So, basically, I’m wondering if McDonald’s might extend it by another week. McDonald’s if you’re reading this, please make this possible. 

Yours in gossip,

Lainey

Credit to the owner

• LOL 1

Sometimes for me too! Lainey writes good articles about BTS and looking forward to watching the Music Blood performances later. 

Update:

BTS was on a Japanese music show called Music Blood and it was quite good! Brief summary of their career, intro, and showed their personalities and chaotic Bangtan-ness. They also had two excellent performances of Butter and Film Out. I hope they will upload the entire show with Eng subs for non-Japanese language fans.

The funniest bit was when they literally named V’s current hair ‘the poodle’ lol and then the guys were asked about their morning routine and Hobi instantly burst out that he goes to the toilet lol. Yoongi also shared an interesting smoothie he makes with almond milk, protein, fruits like blueberry, and chicken?!?! It is apparently a thing in Korea!

Credit to the owners. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to ♡ GRAMMY Nominated BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread [#Happy8thAnniversary #Butter3rd1Hot100 #Butter10thWin #BTSTheBest]
  • YongZura⁷ changed the title to ♡ GRAMMY Nominated BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread [#Happy8thAnniversary #Butter4th1Hot100 #Butter10thWin #BTSTheBest]

Yey!!! What a good news to wake up to! Congrats to US PR and all Army!! 

I share this thread that really explains well the real reason why Army support BTS re charting globally — is not about getting #1 but to make people become aware of BTS and their wonderful music. The context is always left out now a days because we succeeded and people just assume it is about the #1s.

However, the truth was that BTS was not welcomed by the industry in many places, especially the West -  it was always ARMY that pushed and generated the demand; the charting is to demonstrate this demand so that the industry had to accept BTS etc. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Blob 2

Hiii! Came by to update that BTS had a special showcase for Japan to promote their album. Hopefully the performances will be uploaded later but they all look amazing!

^ was not prepared for these two lol 

Butter still on a roll globally!!

Even more unpreparedness and surprises!!

g’night!!!

credit to respective owners 

Edited by Yinye
  • Love 2

We're going for the 5th Week (ARMY's birthday is coming)

Namjoon's 

Credit to the owner

p.s With the latest announcement about the album "Butter" I changed my mind too. I ordered a set and a few other items through a friend in SK so that the shipping fee will be as one package. ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 1