BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #2024Jin&HobiReturning #HopeOnTheStreetVol1 #JinD77 #DDayTheMovie #FRI(END)S #NEURONIsComing]

YongZura⁷

Congratulations to the BTS boys for their success with Dynamite! :kiss_wink:

I am so happy for you fans of BTS

EDIT: (by @partyon)

912aa942b862da47356d7cbd98001cdda17ecc4c

Woohoo ! You made it!

First a little intro of BTS that has been put together by our fabulous BTS experts YongZura and Yinye

Spoiler

Who is BTS?

BTS (방탄소년단 / Bangtan Seonyeondan) is a 7-member group under Big Hit Entertainment from South Korea.  BTS, if translated roughly in English, means: "Bulletproof Boy Scouts". They are also known as "Bangtan Boys", or "Beyond the Scene" (official rebranded in 2017). Although BTS has been around since 2010, they officially debuted on June 13, 2013. Prior to their official debut, there were constant changes among the members; RM is the only member left from the original line up.

Who are the members?

BTS members are: RM (26), Jin (28), Suga (27), J-Hope (26), Jimin (25), V (25) and Jungkook (24).

What are the units called?

Hyung line (Older members): RM, Jin, Suga, and J-Hope

Maknae line (Younger members): Jimin, V, and Jungkook

Rap Line: RM, Suga, and J-Hope

Vocal line: Jin, Jimin, V, and Jungkook

Dance line: J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook

What is their music style?

BTS have artistic freedom to experiment many music styles, genre and sometimes the Rap Line sings and the Vocal Line raps etc. Since the beginning of their career, BTS members have all taken part in the creation of their music and outputs, with many members involved in creating the melody, writing lyrics, producing the song or taking part in the choreography and visual aspects of their outputs.

What are their fans called?
A.R.M.Y (Adorable Representative MC for Youth)

What makes BTS so special? (thoughts from their fans Yinie and YongZura)

"Beyond just laughing at their wonderful sense of humor and goofiness, it was seeing how authentic they are as passionate musicians, their sincere goodness to each other and wanting to make their fans happy. "

"The world is full of terrible things and 2020 has been a difficult year for me personally too. I give BTS credit for helping me cope and if they can generate some happiness and positivity during these times, I'll continue to enjoy their music."

"I also got to know how authentic they are.  They are the same people on and off-screen.  The main point is they are human just like us, so they are relatable."

"The messages in their songs are also major contribution why they are unique compared to other groups.  It’s not just a simple and meaningless piece of music.  It's very thoughtful and the lyrics can also be poetic, beautiful and also painful at the same time.  This is all based on their own personal stories."

A full intro about BTS, the members and the discography can be found in the first post of this thread (Click open the PROFILE section).

You can learn:

• Who has an IQ of 148
  • Who used to have a food vlog
  • Who joined Big Hit to become a producer, but ended up as a member of BTS
  • Who used to be a street dancer
  • Who was the last member to join BTS
  • Who acted in a Korean drama
  • Who is good at everything!

Now it's time to open your present....

Spoiler

How about a Christmas sweater to keep you warm this holiday season?

610YJoASY5L._AC_UL1080_.jpg

And drinks to keep you refreshed when you are wrapping presents.

btscocacolakorea_instagram.jpg

We know that 2020 has been a tough year for most people with lockdowns and restrictions in place in many parts of the world.

Despite this, we hope that you can stay connected with your loved ones and friends even during the holiday season. :kiss_wink:

Finally, let's listen to some Christmas music to get into the holiday spirit:

Now that you know everything about BTS, head over to our event thread and test your BTS knowledge by naming all the boys from left to right...  Just kidding :joy:

90d313cd15f2471c2a3393c4f4283cbc2ccf526d

Instead you can let  us know which Christmas song/carol is your favorite!
Last Christmas? Silent Night? All I Want For Christmas Is You? Jingle Bells?

Edited by partyon
Borrowed temporarily for December 2020 event
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Thank you @partyon Yes, we are celebrating double joy today and for the rest of the week.  Thank you also for loving #Dynamite, creating and organising a special event for it.  We purple you.  

Awww... Thanks @YongZura⁷ ! :kiss_wink:

If you have any ideas for events or if you want polls in any of the threads you are active in, please let me and/or @Lmangla know.

As Event Organizers we are here to help the community have fun!

:piggydance:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to ♡ BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread [#BTSDynamite #BTS1onHot100]

Global Press Conference is going on at the moment.  I'm following a few journalists who are live tweeting. (I'll put a few tweets and will rearrange it later... or find other alternative)

[FULL TRANSCRIPT] BTS shares their thoughts on topping the Billboard.

The Korea Herald

Spoiler

Credit to the owner

p.s I'm going somewhere soon, so I'll rearrange this later and  you can also visit the journalists' twitter...:fullofhearts: Take care.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The press conference was a nice read. They are really happy, sincere and appreciative of us fans.

Yoongi’s next goal is to perform a BTS song at the Grammy. I wonder how Army will organize to do this but I am for it!  

The MV for IONIQ is out!!

Such a lovely MV and they all look and sound great. 

I don’t get this hash tag but it is funny!!! @YongZura⁷ do you know about it lol?!?

Edited by stella77
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

The press conference was a nice read. They are really happy, sincere and appreciative of us fans.

Yes, the first word they mentioned every time is ARMY   :approves: and we of them. A special kind of relationship .... 

Yoongi’s next goal is to perform a BTS song at the Grammy. I wonder how Army will organize to do this but I am for it!  

B) As ARMYs I believe what we are doing now is one of the ways in helping them move towards that direction,  however we do have to face the reality that when it comes to voting ... there will be lobbying etc etc.... Well we can always pray and hope that the voters are fans of BTS too :D

Such a lovely MV and they all look and sound great. I don’t get this hash tag but it is funny!!! @YongZura⁷ do you know about it lol?!?

Do you mean the second part of the hashtag???  It all started during their Bon Voyage Season 2 (2017) -a  trip to Hawaii.   They met a local there who recognised them as BTS, something that they were not expected at that time. There is a little bit spelling mistake in the post though .. (It's Hub not Herb)

This clip:

There is a continuation of this story....  :D how they add some more of the words. This is one of the reasons why we :heart: BTS.

During one of the Run BTS series, you can see the words at the back..

Credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@YongZura⁷ thanks! I need to start watching Bon Voyage from season 1 then! It is timely since I finished all the Run episodes. 

I always love their trip series.... it's very enjoyable and insightful.  Enjoy....

[What? Do I look like the fan of an artist who's number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100?] this is part of a meme.. implying ...

Aren't we the fans of the Billboard Hot100 singers? :D (We need to continue working hard too...)

Eg4VlutUwAAeXBj?format=jpg&name=small

The article:

Credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

For some reason I can’t find they older seasons of Bon Voyage in the Weverse shop. Anyone know why? 

Dear @stella77 I've checked Vlive.. it's there.  Beside "your chemi level" there's store.  Click and then choose Season 2.

BV Season 1 - Europe

BV Season 2 - Hawaii

BV Season 3 - Malta

BV Season 4 - New Zealand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1