[japan Movie 2006] 好きだ Su-ki-da

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

MIYAZAKI AOI, EITA, KASE RYO, NISHIJIMA HIDEOTOSHI, NAGASAKU HIROMI
sukida.jpg

sukida-1.jpg

Ishikawa Hiroshi, director of the much-admired Tokyo.Sora, returns with his second feature, Su-Ki-Da, for which he has assembled a stellar cast of young thesps. Miyazaki Aoi (NANA), Eita (Tokyo Friends), Nagasaku Hiromi (Kuchu Teien), Kase Ryo (Scrap Heaven), Nishijima Hideotoshi (Dolls), Omori Nao (Vibrator) and Oyamada Sayuri (Bright Future) all appear in this touching romantic drama.

17-year-old Yu (Miyazaki Aoi) has a major crush on Yosuke (Eita), the handsome young boy who plays his guitar on the riverbank everyday. He plays the same tune again and again and it fills Yu's heart with joy and longing - but also with sadness. As much as she may love Yosuke, she knows that his affections lie elsewhere, with Yu's older sister, no less. Seventeen years later, Yu (now played by Nagasaku Hiromi) and Yosuke (now played by Nishijima Hideotoshi) meet by chance in Tokyo, reawakening long-dormant emotions within Yu's heart, but also within Yosuke's.

sukida-2.jpg

sukidaeita.jpg

SOURCE : 好きだ

好きだ

好きだ

好きだ

好きだ

Guest crazyMuka

I saw this movie up for sale on YesAsia with English subtitles... thought of buying it but I don't know how good the movie is so I decided against it until I heard some good feedbacks about it first. So to anyone who had watched it, is it good??

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Epikt

I don't think there is an english title.

(maybe "I love you" ? nobody use it anyway)

PS : Su-Ki-Da is the best movie I saw in the whole year 2006. Yep.. :sweatingbullets:

(even if you hate Tokyo Sora - I hate Tokyo Sora - you must see Su-Ki-Da)

Guest philmein

hated the movie..

very slow, quite tedious and every scene made me quite sleepy.

The only thing that saved this movie from a complete failure was Aoi Miyazaki. She's got quite the potential.

hated the movie..

very slow, quite tedious and every scene made me quite sleepy.

I felt the same way too when I watched this a few weeks ago. Then I read a bunch of reviews that said it was like that because it was an "artsy" movie. One review even said that "not even one scene is wasted" because the scenery and music was beautiful.

I had no idea what the movie was about before watching it, so I kept on waiting for something to happen. The minimal talking didn't help out my attitude at all. I also didn't like how sometimes they would focus on one persons face for a while, letting the other person get out of the picture and leaving us to wonder what the other person is doing. Overall, I thought the movie was ok, maybe its the kind you need to watch a second time to understand more.

The beginning of that guitar song really got stuck in my head, so I used it as my ring tone a while ago. I really want to learn how it play that part :sweatingbullets: .

Guest Epikt

I read a bunch of reviews that said it was like that because it was an "artsy" movie.

I HATE this kind of reviews, and this kind of view of the cinema. Such reviewers souldn't be journalists aarrh ! I'll ban them !

What's an "artsy movie" ??? If we can define it, it will be a movie by a director involved in his film. So Tsui Hark's Time & Tide is an "artsy movie" ; not very slow... :tongue2:

Su-Ki-Da is a great movie because every act of Ishikawa's film direction makes sens, much more than every pronounced word. Because he don't content himself putting his camera in front of the actors and shooting. Letting one caracter off-screen is a choice, an engaged choice that make sens ; Because what is not showed is at least as important as what is showed.

It's hard for me to speak about the movie in english (even in French it's not easy), i'm in lack of alot of technical words. But if someone read Kiriko Nananan's manga Blue, it works on similar mecanisms.

Guest Truelover

Hello Epikt,

I have made a pack of this movie too a few days ago. I think this could be a sweet show as I've seen Aoi Miyazaki acting in other movies and she was very good. Just a word about online reviews, I take less and less care about them now. Most of them are wrote by irrelevant people, not knowing what cinema is.

:)

Kate

Guest Epikt

Hi Kate ^^

I saw this film because of Aoi Miyazaki too :blush:

Even if i don't like Tokyo Sora, the first film of the director. She's my favorite Japanese actress (with Yuu Aoi and Ayumi Ito), I saw most of her movies, and I was rarely disapointed by her choices (exception : the recent Heavenly Forest).

Just a word about online reviews, I take less and less care about them now. Most of them are wrote by irrelevant people, not knowing what cinema is.

Not only online review...

Even professional reviews in magazines are writen by guy more interrest on the political/sociological content of the movie than on the movie. These guys never talk about cinema :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest FiEnDmAkEr

I loved this movie! I thought every scene was beautiful and if you go to the official site, it is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen @o@

I use the wallpapers on my computer, haha.

I don't know what other people see as good movies, but I loved this one. I liked the fact that they hardly talked at all but it was still a beautiful movie- it was a good change from other movies where there is no scene without people screaming or running around and stuff.

Archived