Hyeon Woo Seong (현우성)

hibiscus23

I recently saw this cute and handsome actor while watching him in Yellow Boots and Heaven's Garden and searched here for his thread to no avail so I thought of starting a thread for him!! I hope his fans out there should come & visit his thread as he deserves to be recognized!  I reckon he's fairly new in showbiz & based on his filmography where he started in 2010 with Three Sisters drama, however as I mentioned I saw him first time in YB drama where I'm still watching with interest & was very impressed with his acting! For those who haven't heard about him or seen him in a drama, maybe it's time you check him out & I'm almost certain you guys will come to like him if you see him in any of his dramas! He's an amazing actor and his latest was the drama Yellow Boots, an interesting drama with Lee Yoo ri, another amazing actress. I hope you'll excuse this thread as it's still "under construction" so to speak but please if you out there know him & have something about him photos, news, articles about him, what are you waiting for, just come & post on this thread & let's show our support to this promising actor and hope to see you here soon!

I hope you bear with me as this is the first time I got involved with starting a thread on soompi, I joined last year in one of my other favorite actors' threads but it was a thread that have been in progress already so like I said if there are some tips or advice you can share with me in improving this thread, I welcome you & appreciate any help you can give me! A good friend of mine H2o was very kind enough to gave me a good tip & it helped me a lot...so i must say this thread is still in its initial stage & i hope i'll be able to work on it & make it look good for this actor & his fans out there!

Hope to see you here soon! I need company :)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

INTRODUCING HYEON WOO SEONG (or Hyun Woo Sung) i guess in hangeul you can spell their names in two ways

Hyun woo sung is my new addition to my long list of favorite Korean actors after seeing him in Yellow Boots with Lee Yoo ri (2012 drama) and in Heaven's Garden, another good family drama!  He's fairly new in showbiz but his acting was impressive i must say! I hope he gets to have lots of fans to come by here soon and that he will be recognized by the film industry, not only for his good looks but his acting potential! More power to him in his career and hope to see more of him other kdramas!

http://star.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Hyun-Woo-Sung01.jpg

Name: 현우성 / Hyun Woo Sung
Profession: Actor
Birthdate: 1979-Mar-16
Birthplace: South Korea

Education: Seoul National University of Science & Technology
Height: 183cm
Weight: 73kg
Star sign: Pisces

Agency: a.m Moon

TV Shows

TV Shows

Stormy Woman (MBC, 2014)
Noble Woman (jTBC, 2014)
Yellow Boots (tvN, 2012)
Heaven’s Garden (Channel A, 2011)
You’re So Pretty (MBC, 2011)
Three Sisters (SBS, 2010)

Yellow Boots drama poster

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Yellow-Boots-Poster-3.jpg
Title: 노란 복수초 / Yellow Boots
Chinese Title: 黄色复仇草
Genre: melodrama
Episodes: 100+
Broadcast network: tvN
Broadcast period: 2012-Feb-27 to 2012
Air time: Monday to Thursday 10:00

Synopsis (cr: AsianWiki)

"Yellow Boots" depicts the revenge of a woman, who lost her family and lover, because of her step-sister.

In February, 2007, Yeon-Hwa (Lee Yu-Ri) is beaten by other prisoners and is sent to the hospital, but at the hospital she escapes as she planned. With her friend's help, Yeon-Hwa gets through a police inspection on the street and arrives at the wedding hall where Yoo-Ra (Yun Ah-Jeong) and Yoon-Jae (Hyun Woo-Sung) are about to marry. Yeon-Hwa and Yoo-Ra, wearing her wedding dress, finally face on the rooftop of the wedding hall.

3 months before that, Yeon-Hwa lived with her younger sister Soo-Ae (Min Ji-Hyun) in a small studio. After Yeon-Hwa begins to work at Jay Cosmetic Company, she dreams to marry her boyfriend Yoon-Jae. Her life is happy, but Yeon-Hwa, who works as an assistant at a make-up art show held by Jay Cosmetic Company, faces her step-sister Yoo-Ra. Yeon-Hwa's mother is married to Yoo-Ra's father.

Cast

Main Cast

Lee Yoo Ri as Seo Yeon Hwa
Jung Chan as Choi Kang Wook
Hyun Woo Sung as Ha Yun Jae
Yoon Ah Jung as Choi Yoo Ra
Min Ji Hyun as Seol Soo Ae
Shim Eun Jin as Ha Yoon Hee

http://koreanvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/yellow-boots.jpg Yellow Boots

This drama is very addictive that's my warning! :) I can't stop watching this, it gets very interesting each episode!

Thursday, July 05, 2012  hyun woo sung, look-a-like's, park si hoo  

First post on a topic I've always wanted to post. And that is "Look-a-Likes" !I'm sure everyone has had those moments where we have to double-check our eyes to see if the person we were looking at was really who we thought they were. Although everyone's perception on similarity will vary, these are my perceptions.

HWSvsPSH.jpg
Hyun Woo-Sung (현우성) VS. Park Si-Hoo (박시후)

cr: cooking dramas

(there is a strong resemblance, they're both my favorites)

Thoughts: So how did I suddenly come up with these two? 

I was watching a drama (that I will recommend later on) called  "Heaven's Garden", a drama probably not well-known to many because it's a cable drama and the genre does not appeal to a great audience, and Hyun Woo-Sung appeared in the first episode. I did not know who he was, but I suddenly had a double-take and asked myself, isn't that Park Si-Hoo? First of all, I've only seen Park Si-Hoo in pictures and drama recaps, I haven't watched any of his shows but I just remember his face. But no, it wasn't! So that was my "double-take" moment which prompted me to introduce this first addition to my "Look-a-Like's" special. 

*personally, I think Hyun Woo-Sung looks better ;)  Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook

cr: cookingdrama blog

from his drama You're So Pretty

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3RXSUNuMtH8/TYgcojoAq1I/AAAAAAAABJA/y7GfHbBbijU/s1600/youre%2Bso%2Bpretty.jpg
http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/You-Are-So-Pretty2.jpg

• Drama: You Are So Pretty (International English title/literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Dangshin Cham Yeobbeuda
  • Hangul: 당신 참 예쁘다
  • Director: Kim Woo-Sun
  • Writer: Oh Sang-Hee
  • Network: MBC
  • Episodes: 135
  • Release Date: April 4, 2011 -- October 7, 2011
  • Runtime: Mon-Fri 07:50
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Ko Yu-Rang (Yoon Se-Ah) is a bright and positive woman. She grew up in a family as the second daughter. As a young woman she wanted to attend college and major in painting, but because of her father's objections she was unable to pursue that goal. Eventually, Yu-Rang worked as a contract worker at at a resort in Jeju Island. At this time, Yu-Rang became interested in sugarcraft, baking involving sweets. While trying to learn this new craft she met her first love Chi-Young. Suddenly, Chi-Young left Jeju Island and returned to Seoul. Yu-Rang, unable to forget about him, travelled to Seoul to propose marriage, only to learn that he was already married.

Park Chi-Young's (Kim Tae-Hun) only goal in life is to attain wealth. Until his senior year of high school his family was wealthy. After that time, his father's business failed and Chi-Young's family fell into financial difficulties. Chi-Young learned firsthand that being poor was difficult and brought unhappiness to himself. Since that time, Chi-Young has been driven to achieve wealth. Chi-Young never fell in love as a young a man. He had a blind date with Jo Ahn-Na (Park Tam-Hee). He was attracted to her wealthy background and eventually married her. His wife was unable to conceive a child and she asked for a divorce. Chi-Young did not want to become a failure with his marriage. Ahn-Na was afraid Chi-Young would leave her. During this time, Chi-Young left for business to Jeju Island. There, for the first time in his life, he fell in love ... with Yu-Rang.

Byeon Kang-Soo (Hyun Woo-Sung) is bright and free-spirited person. He constantly has disagreements with his grandfather who owns a franchise restaurant company. Because of this, Kang-Soo lives with Dae-Poong and his son. Kang-Soo doesn't want to get married and has no interest in raising a family. He goes to Jeju Island for a meeting with his grandfather. On Jeju Island, Kang-Soo meets Yu-Rang. They happen to live in the same house. To his surprise, he sees his mom in Yu-Rang ...

Archived