[jp/kr Movie 2005/6] リンダ リンダ リンダ &#47

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

BAE DOO NA, MAEDA AKI, MATSUYAMA KENICHI, KASHII YU SEKINE SHIORI, YUK
lindalindalinda.jpg

lindalindalinda-1.jpg

lindalindalindaost.jpg

Linda Linda Linda リンダ リンダ リンダ 린다 린다 린다 (2005/6)

Starring: Bae Doo-Na (Spring Bears Love & The Host), Aki Maeda (Battle Royale 1 & 2), Yu Kashii (Waterboys & Death Note 1+2), Kenichi Matsuyama (Nana & Death Note 1 + 2), Shiori Sekine, Shione Yukawa , Takayo Mimura (Battle Royale 1)

Director: Nobuhiro Yamashita

Genre: Drama, Juvenile, School

Runtime: 114mins

Production: CineQuanon

Distribution: CineQuanon

Language: Japanese

With the school music festival just around the corner, three teenage girls decide to form a rock band in director Yamashita Nobuhiro's highly entertaining film, Linda, Linda, Linda! But things don't go quite as planned for the trio, thanks to the abrupt departure of their guitarist from the group. While the band's bassist Nozomi (real-life musician Sekine Shiori) and its drummer Kyoko (Maeda Aki) are able to find a keyboard player named Kei (Kashii Yu) to fill in on guitar, they have a harder time finding someone to fill in as lead vocalist. Soon enough, the bandmates realize they have no choice but to ask a Korean exchange student named Song (Bae Doo Na, from Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance) to sing lead for their makeshift band. However, there's one little problem: Song can barely speak a word of Japanese, let alone sing it!

Thanks to a cassette tape of "Linda Linda Linda," the 1980s era hit song by The Blue Hearts, the ragtag group of would-be musicians decides to cover the song, hoping to fine tune their performance in time for the school festival! Will they succeed?or will they hit a wrong note? Shot in an almost documentary style, Linda, Linda, Linda stands out from the pack of Japanese high school band movies, thanks in large part to the wonderful performance from Bae Doo Na! Subdued and often quirky in his execution of the material, director Yamashita crafts a film that achieves a definite kind of harmony. Featuring a score by former Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha, Linda, Linda, Linda is a film that music lovers are sure to enjoy!

The film is beautifully acted and shot, and totally sweet from start to finish. At two hours it's a tad over-long, but some mesmeric camera-work and subtle humour helps it along nicely. The casting is superb, with every character believable and captivating. And of course the music's fantastic - the title song gets played to death but it's still a cool cover of a great Japanese punk song, and James Iha of Smashing Pumpkins does a brilliant job with the incidental music.

SOURCE : リンダ リンダ リンダ

린다 린다 린다

リンダ リンダ リンダ

린다 린다 린다

リンダ リンダ リンダ

린다 린다 린다

Guest Xiah's_Babe

OMG!!! I saw my name three times and I wanted to know what was going on... I have a movie named after me... three times!!! Seems odd, but I'd like to see the style of how it's shot... But seems interesting...

• 5 months later...
Guest Truelover

Hello,

I saw this movie last week and have to agree with you t3n5h1_chu_k015h173, it's plain sweet from A to Z. Cast was very good, these four actresses were brilliant and all done a nice acting job here. I checked this movie first because of the presence of Aki Maeda (which I really love) but have been warmly surprised by the other girls in Linda Linda Linda.

Dialogues are cool, leading a quite repectable level of credibility to the plot.

Watch this movie, you'll love it :D

Have a nice day,

Kate

Guest Truelover

Hello,

I hope you'll have a decent sub-title for this movie. I had a "english" sub but it looks better that a automatic Babelfish translation., leading half of the replics had no sense at all. Meanwhile I've found a correct french sub-title and have done a good package with it.

Have a nice day,

:)

Kate

Coucou Kate

in fact I first watched it on the unsubbed Japanese DVD and I really enjoyed it, even if my understanding was bad. And then I saw it (twice) with subtitles at the Paris Cinéma festival. And watched it again on DVD.

=> I know the movie by heart and don't need subtitles anymore :lol:

=^..^=

PS : yep, "babel-fished subs" are :crazy::wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Truelover

=> I know the movie by heart and don't need subtitles anymore :lol:

Hello Epikt,

Yes oh yes I agree with you, LindaX3 is part of these wonderful sweet movies that's easy to memorize each replics of the dialogue. Because the story is sweet and credible, such as could be any ordinary stories of common life.

Delightful watching.

Have you seen other movies with Aki Maeda or Bae Do-na ?

:)

Kate

Have you seen other movies with Aki Maeda or Bae Do-na ?

With Aki Maeda I only saw Battle Royale.

Bae Doo-Na is my favorite actress, I'm doonaddict, I saw all her movies, and some of her dramas (some are hard to find). I also "read" her book (I mean, with my very basic Korean I moslty watched the pictures :sweatingbullets: ) and have the ParanMaum album.

To complete my collection, I'm still looking for the video-game she dubbed (Tomak : Save the earth - Love story), the short movie she did in the US and (but I don't know if it exist) a film of the play Sunday Seoul. :blush:

=^..^= <= my titicat smilley come from Take care of my cat, my favorite movie with Doo-Na :)

Guest renzu_oni

i love the linda linda song that they did. very catchy ^^

and kenichi matsuyama appeared in the movie (altho very brief), but he was soooo cute when he tried to propose in korean XD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With Aki Maeda I only saw Battle Royale.

Bae Doo-Na is my favorite actress, I'm doonaddict, I saw all her movies, and some of her dramas (some are hard to find). I also "read" her book (I mean, with my very basic Korean I moslty watched the pictures :sweatingbullets: ) and have the ParanMaum album.

To complete my collection, I'm still looking for the video-game she dubbed (Tomak : Save the earth - Love story), the short movie she did in the US and (but I don't know if it exist) a film of the play Sunday Seoul. :blush:

=^..^= <= my titicat smilley come from Take care of my cat, my favorite movie with Doo-Na :)

Aki Maeda also starred in movie 'Saikano', based on an anime. =)

Guest sungae

oh gawd.

when matsuken confessed to bae doona in korean...

that was PRICELESS. xP

i want him to speak more korean :P

it was uber cute o_o

Guest nanaP

i just saw this a few days ago, it was ok, i thought it was kind of boring, but i liked the actors and the songs were good, "linda linda lindaaaaa, linda lindaaa!"

and i really like the Korean girl, she's really funny

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Epikt

Linda Linda ! Linda Linda Lindaaaa ! :w00t: :w00t:

Linda Linda ! Linda Linda Lindaaaa aahh! aahhh ! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Released today, here it is : the US version ! finally with subtitles !

lindanp5.jpg

• 9 months later...

The part where she turned to her bandmates before turning around to perform was soo good. She really captured that "butterflies in your stomach" look while being so insecure. What a great actress. I've seen Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (best out of the trilogy IMO), Plum Blossom, Barking Dogs Never Bite, Take Care of my Cat, Spring Bears Love, The Host. She really sets herself apart from the typical Korean actress (from fashion sense, personality, and willingness to take on eccentric characters). She's definitely my favorite Korean actress (so underrated among the beautified/artificial actresses) :D

Archived