aznboy78

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Secret’s Sunhwa loves Yoo Jae Suk’s body?

Secret’s Han Sunhwa revealed her love for MC Yoo Jae Suk’s body on a recent episode of KBS 2TV’s “Happy Together“.

She had previously given him sweet potatoes that she farmed herself on an episode in late October. Sunhwa reminisced, “I thought he was really skinny, but his body is amazing. I was surprised. I hugged him once and he even had muscles.”

Song Euni, a friend of Yoo Jae Suk, added, “He usually works out often. Lately, he’s been going to the gym and working out his chest.”

When asked by Song Euni whether she liked him enough to hit on him if he wasn’t married, Sunhwa replied, “I’d definitely hit on him. Aren’t I prettier than Na Kyung Eun unni?”

The episode will broadcast on November 19th.

Source: Star News + http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/secrets-sunhwa-loves-yoo-jae-suks-body

• 5 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Jae Suk files a lawsuit against KBS, MBC, SBS, and former agency

The nation’s MC, Yoo Jae Suk, has filed a lawsuit against the three major public broadcast companies and his former agency regarding non-payments.

The MC previously left his management agency, Chocolate E&TF, for not being paid for his work, and is now requesting a staggering $640,000 USD in unpaid wages from KBS, MBC, SBS, and De Chocolate E&TF.

Yoo Jae Suk revealed, “I was contracted with my former agency for five years. Although we agreed that I would be receiving 80% of the profits, I have been unable to receive any payments as of May.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/yoo-jae-suk-files-a-lawsuit-against-kbs-mbc-sbs-and-former-agency

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Jae Suk to receive his unpaid wages from KBS

It was recently reported that national MC Yoo Jae Suk will finally be receiving his overdue, unpaid wages from KBS.

On December 20th, Nam Hyun Joo, the CP of KBS 2TV’s ‘Happy Together Season 3′, spoke with Money Today Star News and said, “After Yoo Jae Suk terminated his contract with his former agency last October, it was decided that his wages for 10 episodes would be paid in the near future.”

Nam CP added, “We didn’t feel that there was a problem paying Yoo Jae Suk’s wages, just because of his contract termination with his former agency.”

KBS is planning to pay back Yoo Jae Suk’s outstanding wage of $64,000 USD ($6,400 per episode).

Yoo Jae Suk is waiting to receive word for his remaining unpaid wages from broadcasting companies MBC and SBS.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/yoo-jae-suk-to-receive-his-unpaid-wages-from-kbs

Guest adikkeluangman

MC Yoo Jae Suk moves netizens with his good deed

Netizens were recently touched over a good deed MC Yoo Jae Suk did without anyone knowing.

On December 18th, a post by a netizen surfaced and earned over 70,000 views in a day. Titled “I would like to express a message of thanks to Yoo Jae Suk,” the post goes on to state:

“When my grandmother went up to Seoul (to visit a cousin living on his own), she got lost and wandered the streets. She was carrying heavy bags, which she put aside, and briefly sat down on the side of a street in order to massage her legs. A man wearing a hat stopped and asked her, ‘If it isn’t too much, could I carry your bags for you?‘ The man then picked up her bags, and after looking at the piece of paper with my cousin’s address on it, stated, ‘This place is too far from here to walk to.’

After my grandmother said that it was okay, the man grabbed a taxi and offered to personally take her there. Since you can never know with the people you meet on the street these days, she politely refused. The man then gave money to the taxi driver and asked him to drive her safely. The taxi driver recognized him and asked, ‘Aren’t you Yoo Jae Suk?‘ It was only then that my grandmother found out who he was.

After that incident, our family has become great fans of Yoo Jae Suk. I’m not sure if he will remember my grandmother, but I’d like to genuinely thank him.”

Netizens applauded the deed and commented, “That is so like our nation’s MC!,” and “His genuine modesty deserves praise.”

Representatives of Yoo Jae Suk commented, “Even when he does good deeds, he is adamant about not revealing it to the public. Even if this post is true, Yoo Jae Suk would want to hide it.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/mc-yoo-jae-suk-moves-netizens-with-his-good-deed

Guest Serenity89

Hello! I'm so happy I found this thread.

I have a request. I remember Jae Suk went with a group of other stars, mostly guys and there was one girl, they went to Cambodia and helped a poor family. I forgot the name of the show and the only person I remember there was Jae Suk. I'm sorry for the very vague description, but I hope someone knows what I'm talking about. Please PM me. Thank you! ^^

Oh yeah, the main goal of the show was to build a new boat for the family

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Jae Suk wins Daesang at the MBC Entertainment Awards

Proving his spot as the nation’s MC once again, Yoo Jae Suk won his second consecutive Daesang at this year’s MBC Entertainment Awards.

For his award speech, he stated:

“Thank you so much. I am very happy and thankful but at the same time I am sorry. I felt like Park Mi Sun, Kim Gura, Kang Ho Dong, and many others should have received this award so I apologize.

But I truly thank all of you. After doing ‘Come To Play’ for some time, I’m grateful to (Kim) Won Hee for never saying that she doesn’t like this or enjoy this. Thank you to Kim Won Hee, Kim Na Young, Gil, Eun Ji Won, and Noh Hong Chul who worked with me together. I would also like to thank my ‘Infinity Challenge’ family, Park Myung Soo, Jung Hyung Don, Noh Hong Chul, Jung Jun Ha, and Haha. “

To my family that is watching this on TV, I would like to give a send a happy heart to my son Jiho, who was born this year. I will keep working hard with no complaints.”

Since 2005, Yoo Jae Suk has won 7 Daesangs.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/yoo-jae-suk-wins-daesang-adam-and-khuntoria-couples-also-win-at-the-mbc-entertainment-awards-other-winners

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Jae Suk sets up his own agency, ‘JS Entertainment’

MC Yoo Jae Suk has been struggling with issues of non-payment for his work, and so he’s decided to take up a bold solution.

The entertainer has established a one-person entertainment agency, ‘JS Entertainment’, in an effort to claim the payments he has yet to receive for his work on the three broadcast networks.

On February 10th, Yoo Jae Suk’s representatives spoke through Star News and revealed, “In order to receive his non-payments, Yoo Jae Suk obtained a business license under ‘JS Entertainment’. It was a necessary step in order to receive a tax invoice for his non-payments. Unlike what the rumors are saying, Yoo Jae Suk is not setting up this agency with Song Euni and Kim Young Chul. He has no intentions of recruiting anyone under this agency.”

They continued, “Any future plans regarding the agency are unconfirmed, but his pay is being discussed bit-by-bit with each broadcast network.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/yoo-jae-suk-sets-up-his-own-agency-js-entertainment

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Netizens uncover the touching story of Yoo Jae Suk’s love for his mother

Gagman Yoo Jae Suk wrote an article some time ago detailing a powerful story about his mother during his elementary school days. A copy of that article was recently posted up on various internet community boards, and netizens were so touched by its contents that it quickly became a hot topic.

Featured in the magazine “Good Friend” (which was discontinued in 2004), his article was titled “The Class President’s Mother Who Cleans”. It reads:

“When I was in elementary school, our family had to move three times because of financial issues. I was unusually shy around people, and it took me a long time adjusting to my new schools. However, I soon became used to my new school life and participated in school events. Sometimes, I’d even say something funny in the middle of class and make the classroom turn into a sea of laughter.

When I was in sixth grade, I became the class president. My mother was extremely happy for me, but also worried. She told me, ‘Since our Jaesuk is the class president, I should visit your school teacher sometime and even help out in the track and field meets.’

However, a parent can not meet with a school teacher empty-handed, and since she is the mother of the class president, she needed to give donations to the track and field organization as well. I think that was pressuring for her, but at the time, I did not know. I had no idea why her face expression suddenly darkened when she said those things.

At the time, my father was a postman and did not make much. And since he is a man who refuses all bribes, there weren’t any perks or extra income to his job either. To my mother, it was difficult to even use that income to provide her sons with a proper education.

After that incident, I soon bumped into my mother at school. She was cleaning the main entrance. ’Mom, why are you cleaning the school?’ She laughed and replied, ‘Since our Jaesuk is the class president now, I think I should help in some way too…’

I later found out that my mom didn’t have enough to donate, and offered to clean instead. I have no idea how much I cried after I found that out.

My mother’s love for me is so big, I could not repay it, even in an eternity. I’ve never expressed it, but I will quietly shout it now: ’Mother, I love you.’”

Netizens commented, “I become so moved every time I read this,” “Why is Yoo Jae Suk suddenly so handsome to me now?,” “That’s why family environment is so important…,” “Who knew there was such an impressive mother behind his success,” and “To me, Yoo Jae Suk is Won Bin and Jang Dong Gun.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/netizens-uncover-the-touching-story-of-yoo-jae-suks-love-for-his-mother

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

How will Yoo Jae Suk look like with plastic surgery?

201103271658191119_1.jpg

On this week’s episode of MBC’s Infinity Challenge, the members had a competition on who was the most handsome. As stated before, the votes had Noh Hong Chul come in first place, with Yoo Jae Suk in second. However, does the nation’s MC really deserve that spot?

With many of the votes coming from his popularity, Yoo Jae Suk actually has a very disappointing face as stated by plastic surgeons. One plastic surgeon stated, “He has a strong image, however, in a surgeon’s point of view he isn’t very handsome. He has protruding lips and his appearance changes when his glasses are taken off.”

A photo of what the comedian would look like after plastic surgery was then revealed. The result brought a swarm of laughs, as it looked like a complete different person.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/how-will-yoo-jae-suk-look-like-with-plastic-surgery

Yoo Jae Suk looks like Justin Bieber?

20110328_1301241669_82029700_1.jpg

MC Yoo Jae Suk received quite the shock after being compared to world pop sensation, Justin Bieber.

The March 26th episode of MBC’s “Infinity Challenge” featured the ‘You’re Beautiful special’, which saw people from the around the world pick the show’s most attractive members. Votes were gathered from overseas, online, as well as from plastic surgeons.

When the filming staff polled for opinions in New York City, they were stunned to discover a girl who compared Yoo Jae Suk to Justin Bieber. After looking at a picture of the MC without his glasses, she said, “His hairstyle is like Justin Bieber.” Hilariously, Yoo Jae Suk became extremely shocked after seeing a picture of himself and the idol side-by-side.

Meanwhile,Noh Hong Chul was picked to be the most attractive member, earning him the caption of “most beautiful” for a year on “Infinity Challenge”.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/yoo-jae-suk-looks-like-justin-bieber

• 2 years later...

June 12, 2013

With fame comes humility for Yoo Jae-suk
Many call the popular star the 'MC of the nation' given his track record of turning shows into hits once he takes the reins. He came to fame as an entertainer on 'Infinite Challenge' and as a talk show host on 'Come to Play,' which ran for eight years

By Park Shin-hong, Lee sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

12215452.jpg
By Kwon Hyuk-jae 

When flipping through the channels on the weekend, it seems like every program features Yoo Jae-suk. On Saturday evenings, he participates in outdoor adventures on MBC’s “Infinite Challenge,” and on Sundays he runs to complete missions on SBS’s “Running Man.”

Many call the popular star the “MC of the nation” given his track record of turning shows into hits once he takes the reins. He came to fame as an entertainer on “Infinite Challenge” and as a talk show host on “Come to Play,” which ran for eight years. 

Unsurprisingly, Yoo is unique among comedians. Unlike Park Myung-soo, who puts on an angry attitude, or Kim Young-cheol, who is known for mimicking veteran actors, Yoo has no particularly famous trait. 

“When the CEO of one of my former agencies criticized my lack of charisma, I told him that it’s never made me uncomfortable,” said Yoo. “As it is hard to change one’s personality, I told him that unless it’s something he can buy for me, I will just live my life.”

Clearly his character is not holding him back. He has won numerous awards, including the Grand Prize for Television at the Baeksang Arts Awards last month. 

Although he is always asking questions of others, he rarely takes the time to talk about his own life. So he sat down with the JoongAng Ilbo earlier this month to share his bumpy road to stardom. 

12215602.jpg
Top: Yoo Jae-suk delivers entertainment news as a reporter on Entertainment Weekly in the late 1990s. Middle: Yoo wears a grasshopper hat as he is nicknamed after the insect. Bottom: Yoo waves at his wedding to MBC announcer Na Kyung-eun in 2008. [JoongAng Ilbo]

Q. What were you like when you were young?

A. I was a very funny kid. I performed lots of pranks, and I was in charge of entertainment whenever there were school events such as field trips or festivals. I studied hard when I was in an elementary school - I thought that was worth noting.

Since when did you dream of becoming a comedian?

I have loved making my friends laugh since elementary school, so it was natural for me to decide on this career. As soon as I started at Seoul Institute of the Arts in 1991, I entered the KBS College Comedy Festival. My professor said I should try it after I graduated, but I was dying to become a comedian. I receive the lowest award.

How did it feel to get that award?

I was arrogant. I expected to be ranked [at the top]. Since people always told me how funny I was, I just expected that the comedy scene would be startled by my debut. I expected that the comedians I saw on TV would be dying to take me on their shows. But then my name was announced for the lowest award. I thought something had gone wrong and that there had been a huge mistake. 

What did you do?

I picked my ear while I went up to receive the award as a sign of protest. I really didn’t know what the real world was like. After I made it into broadcasting, other comedians did come to find me, but not for the reasons I expected. They were looking for the arrogant me who picked my ear in front of the cameras. Now that I think about it, I was extremely mistaken and I should have been thankful to become a comedian at all. My life as an unknown comedian started that way.

You were unknown to the public for seven or eight years. What was the problem?

It was very simple. I didn’t put in enough effort and I always blamed others. I never blamed myself for not doing well and believed others didn’t recognize my value. I was once asked to play a person who was just hit by a bomb. I had to have a messy hair, put black makeup on my face and wear the most tattered clothing. I should have put my best effort into playing that role, [but I didn’t]. Instead, I was only thinking about how I could look cleaner. I wondered why the producer hated me and used me for such roles. I never tried to come up with ideas [for the comedy shows]. I just blamed other people every night before I went to bed.

Do you regret your actions?

What I regret the most about my life in my 20s is that I spent time meaninglessly. What a waste of time. I’m so regretful of the times when I didn’t have an aim and only talked badly about others. I wouldn’t have this regret if I had put my passion into something.

When did you start having anxiety attacks onstage?

There was a time when I just wandered aimlessly and wasn’t cast for any shows. My friends, including Park Su-hong and Kim Yong-man, invited me to take part in a special program for Chuseok - a parody of New Kids on the Block. 

I just started shaking when I was onstage in front of all these people I didn’t know. I forgot my lines and didn’t get the dance moves right at all. I felt burdened by my desire to really prove myself through that act.

12215608.jpg

You worked for a while as a reporter on “Entertainment Weekly” after you were discharged from the Army. How was that?

I read the script more than 100 times and marked the parts where I would mess up. But after I was called on [to present stories] I would make mistakes even before getting to the difficult parts. My eyes just wouldn’t focus. All the letters would just dance around and become jumbled. So, I was fired. 

Did it get better when you were cast on the “Seo Se-won Show,” one of the most popular television programs at the time?

I was shaking then, too. My mouth was quivering and my hands were trembling. Surprisingly, audiences liked to see me talking about trivial stories while trembling. I wasn’t sure whether people would laugh at my stories, but I was shocked with the response I got. People started to call me by name and not my nickname, grasshopper. The show was the greatest turning point in my life.

After you started to put your name out there, did you realize what kept you out of the spotlight for so long?

I thought that I would always be at the center of the spotlight, outshining other performers. But I was ignored, and so I crashed down to the bottom too early in my career. I kept asking myself what went wrong. The problem was that I was only thinking about myself. Just like baseball players need to guard their positions and work together as a team, comedy is also teamwork. But, I was only thinking about standing out myself instead of considering the success of the team. I should have showed reactions to my counterparts’ good jokes, but I was narrow-minded and didn’t want to simply help them [gain popularity]. In my head, I had to be the only lead character.

You have been on “Infinite Challenge” for seven years. What’s your take on the program?

I never thought that I would be doing this program for so long. It contains traces of our lives. Park Myung-soo got married and now has a daughter, Minseo. After this, my child was born. More and more cast members got married. I should not make any wild guesses about my life, but I think my career in entertainment will remain in sync with the program.

What about “Running Man”?

After the first episode aired, many people were very skeptical of whether we could succeed as a weekend show. I got scared. I was scared of disappointing the people around me and the people who followed me [to the program] because they trusted me. If the program were to be canceled, its members would have been scattered around again.

Do you think you are at your peak?

I hope my high point has not come yet. I do want to stay in the good times until the day I stop [working], but I don’t think that’s possible. Someday [people] will say that Yoo Jae-suk is old school. I’m ready for that moment, and I don’t think I will be startled when the time actually comes. As long as I pledge to do my best for as long as I can, there is nothing to be afraid of. Of course, I will reminisce from time to time. I wonder if my son will believe me if I tell him that I used to be big.

Have you ever suffered from depression or felt the urge to take your own life?

I have spent enough time worrying, but I don’t think I have suffered from depression. And frankly, speaking of suicide, I get scared of death.

You have many different nicknames. Which one do you like the most?

Grasshopper. I hated it so much at first. In the late 1990s, a TV producer gave me a grasshopper mask and said that I should wear it to get on TV shows since I wasn’t known well. At the time, I hated being called grasshopper and just wanted to be Yoo Jae-suk. The mask also messed up my hair. But it made me who I am now.

Do you work to project a certain kind of image on your shows?

I don’t plan what I do. I just focus on what comes at the moment. If I have to speak harshly, I’m willing to do that. I don’t plan on sticking to the image I have right now. I do say this to guests on the program so that they aren’t so anxious. It is not easy to make others laugh on entertainment programs. I know this because I have gone through such struggles. Of course, it is good to have some humorous moments, but we don’t need jokes every day.

How do you want your fans to remember you?

I hope I get a review like, “Oh, he really did his best.” I could not ask for more if there are words like “fun” or “interesting” in my reviews.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest hana2013

"Who want to be involve in an international project about Mudo/Muhan Dojeon/Infinity Challenge?
A virtual and international project for Mudo members from their fans

I want many people to participate it and from the most unexpected corners of the world.
Here it isn't about me, it is about you and Muhan Dojeon . I'll be back with more details soon .

It will be an international movement from all over the world.

The project doesn't involve money or other material goods.

Please share this announcement

for any question: adm.pmsro@gmail.com "

• 6 months later...

(ENG) 140816 Infinity Challenge http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4337/44/Infinity_Challenge/?ap=1Screenshot_6_zps40900537.png
(ENG) 140823 Infinity Challenge http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4337/45/Infinity_Challenge/?ap=1
(ENG) 140830 Infinity Challengehttp://www.dramafever.com/drama/4337/46/Infinity_Challenge/?ap=1
(ENG) 140906 Infinity Challengehttp://www.dramafever.com/drama/4337/47/Infinity_Challenge/?ap=1
(ENG) 140913 Infinity Challenge
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4337/48/Infinity_Challenge/?ap=1
Screenshot_14_zpsd3c77936.png
(ENG) 140920 Infinity Challengehttp://www.dramafever.com/drama/4337/49/Infinity_Challenge/Screenshot_18_zpsb7308499.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived