True or False.

Admin

2 hours ago, larus said:

Next person tends to finish the drama she/he started.

So false.... I drop like 75% of the dramas I start... :D

Next person: knows what the Eurovision Song Contest is :P

You get an extra point if you have watched it :D

• LOL 1

15 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Next person hates order from people? 

True... who likes it? :D

On 5/14/2020 at 8:01 PM, partyon said:

So false.... I drop like 75% of the dramas I start... 

OH... I am the opposite. I dropped like 5 % of the dramas I started.  When I started watching dramas, I used to drop many dramas until I find something interesting. But I after I` ve discovered sites like Soompi or other sites that gives in formations about the kdramas, I don`t do it  anymore. I only start dramas that interests me. Of course, I might get some disappointment now and then but the percentage is low.

I found out that there are people who can drop a drama because they don`t like an actor/ actress (not necesarry because they can`t act, just because they don`t like from various reasons). I never ever did that. For me it is the plot/ the writing that makes me drop a drama.

That`s why I will ask.....

Next person can drop a drama if she/ he doesn`t like one actor from that drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, larus said:

I found out that there are people who can drop a drama because they don`t like an actor/ actress (not because they can`t act, just because they don`t like from various reasons). I never ever did that. For me it is the plot/ the writing that makes me drop a drama.

That`s why I will ask.....

Next person can drop a drama if she/ he doesn`t like one actor from that drama.

That's a great question @larus :)

I would say false. I don't drop dramas because I don't like an actor in that drama. True, I've despised some characters, but never dropped a drama because of the actor behind the character. Sometimes a lead character will annoy me and I drop the drama because of that, but most of the time it isn't the actor's fault. Usually, it is because of the poor writing/plot.

Next person: has restarted watching a drama several times, but hasn't made it to the last episode yet. :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sejabin said:

next person is.. in love now :heart:

Nobody wanted to answer that? Well, I will answer. Nope.

I don`t have inspiration for the next question. Probably it was asked many times here but since I did not read any previous answers I ask anyway.

Next person has a pet.

• LOL 1

@Lawyerh I can't answer your question because I have never read a Harry Potter book in my life (or watched a HP movie for that matter). :joy:

The question that @Sejabin asked, I was going to answer with this pic. :joy:

ssrco,classic_tee,womens,fafafa:ca443f47

Next person: believed in Santa Claus as a kid

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, partyon said:

I can't answer your question because I have never read a Harry Potter book in my life (or watched a HP movie for that matter).

Same. :w00t: But I saw some videos on You Tube.  I was intersted in Snape actually not the kids. I liked Alan Rickman`s sexy voice. I was sad to hear that he died. I saw his Sense and Sensibility a few times just for him. OK, not only for him.:D

asked, I was going to answer with this pic.

Good answer. ;)

Next person: believed in Santa Claus as a kid

Probably. Yes. It was a time when I believed in Santa Claus but I only remember that,  as kid, I was  looking for Santa`s gifts that my parents bought,  when they were not at home. :D

Speaking of movies/ books, the next person likes better the book than the movie version (movie adaptation).

• Love 1

Of course I have read AND watched Pride and Prejudice!!!!

It's such a romantic story! :wub: It is definitely one of the classics by Jane Austen (have read all of her books) and because the book is so famous, also Darcy and Elizabeth are famous.

@Lawyerh Have you not read it?

Next person: has been fined for returning a library book past its return by date :D

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@partyonNot yet :lol: No task for me to read classic literature back then, so no idea. I only know Hugh Grant is the Mr. Darcy lol. So basically this is classic story of tsundere guy & submissive girl right?

Oh, you really should read Pride and Prejudice. :wub: Or at least watch it. Jane Austen's books are a great depiction of what women's lives were in the 1800s. She was herself quite "modern" as she was a writer (she actually had a job), even though she wasn't famous when she was alive.

I think you're mixing up Jane Austen's other book, Sense and Sensibility. Hugh Grant acted in that movie together with Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman ( @larus have you watched it? ) ;)

Of all of Jane Austen's books, Pride and Prejudice is probably the most famous one, so if you decide to read one book by Jane Austen, I would recommend that one. It is about a tsundere guy (Mr. Darcy), but the girl (Elizabeth) is everything but submissive. :D

All of Jane Austen's heroines are more or less intelligent (book smart) and have a will of their own - which was not a common depiction of ladies in those days. :)

Spoiler

For a "before its time" book from the 1800s,  you should read / watch Jane Eyre (by Charlotte Brontë). This book caused a stir in society as it was deemed as being immoral and coarse. When I read it the first time, I was quite surprised because it included kissing scenes and even....ehrm.... some sort of "sexy time". All of this before marriage which was unheard of in the 1800s!!!! :D

The ML is also a bit tsundere.

To your question: every single person's mind on this planet is complicated, dear :D

Next person: likes dramas with tsundere guys

• Like 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I think you're mixing up Jane Austen's other book, Sense and Sensibility. Hugh Grant acted in that movie together with Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman ( @larus have you watched it? )

I already mentioned that I watched this version a few times. :D Speaking of rewatching. I don`t rewatch kdramas (just one drama I re-watch recently) but I can watch Jane Austen`s ecranisation of other classic novels. For exemple, I watched lots of ecranisation of Jane Eyre (sometimes I watched them back-to- back). Because of this I noticed the same line used on different characters. It is the same story but there are little changes in each version, and it is interesting to see different actors in the roles.  

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Next Person. Detail oriented. 

I say no... Sometimes I insist on details, I can over think things but not always.

Next person likes to rewatch kdramas.

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, larus said:

I already mentioned that I watched this version a few times. :D Speaking of rewatching. I don`t rewatch kdramas (just one drama I re-watch recently) but I can watch Jane Austen`s ecranisation of other classic novels. For exemple, I watched lots of ecranisation of Jane Eyre (sometimes I watched them back-to- back). Because of this I noticed the same line used on different characters. It is the same story but there are little changes in each version, and it is interesting to see different actors in the roles.  

I say no... Sometimes I insist on details, I can over think things but not always.

Next person likes to rewatch kdramas.

Sorry, @larus I was going to ask you if you had read/watched Pride and Prejudice but cut and paste stuff when I wrote my post and by mistake ended up asking you about Sense and Sensibility.... :D  Sorry.

Which version of Jane Eyre do you like the most? My favorite is the 2006 series with Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephens.

Have you read/watched other Jane Austen works (e.g. Emma, Persuasion)?

I think Jane Austen had a great style of writing, quite witty at times, and she was pretty good at "making fun" of different aspects of the upper class.

I like to rewatch a select amount of k-dramas from time to time.

Next person: has had / has a perm

7jNt.gif

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:26 PM, partyon said:

I was going to ask you if you had read/watched Pride and Prejudice but cut and paste stuff when I wrote my post and by mistake ended up asking you about Sense and Sensibility.... :D  Sorry.

Which version of Jane Eyre do you like the most? My favorite is the 2006 series with Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephens.

Have you read/watched other Jane Austen works (e.g. Emma, Persuasion)?

I think Jane Austen had a great style of writing, quite witty at times, and she was pretty good at "making fun" of different aspects of the upper class.

Yeah.. ALL you mentioned. I have to make a correction. It was in  Persuasion that two different characters had the same line. I watched two adaptation back to back also. :D

It is hard to chose my favorite version of Jane Eyre. I like them all for different reasons but I see why 2006 version was your favorite. I am glad that they made a miniseries like it was that version  because they had time to tell the story. (I saw 1983, 1996, 1997, 2006 and 2011 versions). I think I will search to watch 1943 as well. Maybe there are others.  :w00t:

4 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Eh yes.. i think

Next person . Not fans of video calling

So true... :D They are tiring.

Next person had sugar cravings (a strong urge to eat something sweet). 

• Like 1

@larus You are really dedicated to have watched so many adaptions of Jane Eyre! :) I haven't watched any adaptations that were made before the 1990s. If you watch the Jane Eyre 1943, please let me know what you thought of it.

In the VIctorian book adaptations, they do tend to adapt the lines (who is saying what), like you said. That's why I have read all these classics in order "to get the whole story". Have you read the books as well?

True about sugar cravings. It's bad. :bawling:

Next person: likes a food combination others find weird

• Like 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

You are really dedicated to have watched so many adaptions of Jane Eyre! :) I haven't watched any adaptations that were made before the 1990s. If you watch the Jane Eyre 1943, please let me know what you thought of it.

In the VIctorian book adaptations, they do tend to adapt the lines (who is saying what), like you said. That's why I have read all these classics in order "to get the whole story". Have you read the books as well?

I read the books but not all. It was a long time ago.  Like you said, it is better to read the books too not only watch the movie.

I like to watch Jane Eyre adaptation. :D I don`t know when I will have time to watch but I will. Our discussion made me want to watch Jane Eyre again. :lol:

13 hours ago, partyon said:

Next person: likes a food combination others find weird

Depends. What others find weird. But I say no... I don`t usually try to combine the food too much.

The next person was disappointed (at least once) on the romance in kdrama romcoms.

• Love 1