[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@newmario: Ty Ty Ty and so happy to see u on Hwatu forum!!! Hmm, even b4 the drama debuts, i am already a little disappointed. Sorry in advance and please dont read further coz it may dismay you as I am going to be a wet blanket. While i am looking forward to this drama solely because I think HJW is a brilliant actress and her Charisma is unmatched, I am not going to put too much hope into the love affair between her and JJM for we all know that she is the Empress of Yuan and there is no way these 2 gorgeous people will end up together, it's just gonna kill me that whatever sparks and chemistry they both will have, they cannot be together! I hope the guy playing the Chinese Emperor is someone cute and hot too! But I am looking forward to another masterful characterization of the Empress by Ms HJW!

Guest NEWMARIO

Jin I-han joins MBC "Hwatu"

Source | 2013/08/12 | 53 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo337108.jpg

Actor Jin I-han has been cast for the MBC drama "Hwatu" and will co-starring with Ha Ji-won.

"Hwatu" is about the Empress Ki who is actually from the Koryeo times but becomes the empress of Yuan in China and inflicts massive influence there.

Jin I-han takes on the role of Tal-tal. He is a scholar with a handsome face and sincere personality. He is full of knowledge and wisdom. He is a character who masters tricks for his uncle Baek-an whom he treats like a father.

However, he is tricked over to Empress Ki's side and betrays Baek-an, rising to the point of authority and playing a big role in the development of Yuan.

He is also outstanding in martial arts and sword fighting.

Jin I-han debuted in 2007 with a drama and starred in, "All my Love", "All About My Family", "Hooray for Love", "Dr. JIN" and more.

Meanwhile, "Hwatu" will be aired after "Goddess Of Fire Jeongi".

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

하지원·주진모 주연 ‘화투’ 13일(오늘) 첫 대본리딩 
Ha Ji Won-Joo Jin Mo’s ‘Hwatu’ first script reading takes place today (Aug 13). http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=241&aid=0002150118 

Follow @Hwatu_KD on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Hwatu_KD) for the latest news and updates.Thank to: The King 2 Hearts
1173909_557630067635370_228068778_n.jpg

Guest NEWMARIO

Jin Yi-han and Jung Woong-in join sageuk epic Hwatuby javabeans | August 13, 2013 | 13 Comments

jyh_27.jpg

So many interesting actors, so little interest in this drama. Aie! I hate when this happens.

Jin Yi-han is the latest addition to MBC’s upcoming 50-episode sageuk drama Hwatu, which will star Ha Ji-won as a Goryeo-born woman who becomes Empress Ki of the Yuan dynasty, and Joo Jin-mo as Goryeo’s King Chunghye, who wants his nation to find its independence from Yuan interference.

Jin Yi-han’s character is a serious intellectual, a scholar who from an early age respects and follows the uncle who was like a father to him. However, he falls for Empress Ki’s tricks and betrays that uncle to then become prime minister. He plays a large role in the advancement of Yuan, apparently displaying a firmness of character and flashes of greatness along the way. (But… the betrayal… she said naively.)

I love Jin Yi-han, who has admittedly acted in a bunch of mediocre stuff but has, at least, done a great job in them. An abridged list: Dr. Jin, Hooray for Love, You’re Here You’re Here You’re Really Here, A Good Day for the Wind to Blow, All My Love, Who Are You. Most recently he cameo’d in Episode 1 of Master’s Sun. He was good in that. He should get more leading roles. In good dramas. Where he sings a lot. (He’s a former musical actor with a nice set of pipes and also friends with another former musical actor, Kang Ji-hwan. They should do stuff together. Playing besties. You know, since I’m just listing stuff I want now.)

jungwoongin_8.jpg

Jung Woong-in is another new addition to the cast, who is currently enjoying a wave of unexpected popularity after playing the creepy murderer on a revenge mission in I Hear Your Voice. It’s certainly not the only hit drama he’s been a part of, but it came at a great time and provided him with a nice boost, so much so that his oft-growled phrase “I’m gonna kill you!” became something of a catchphrase. I… don’t know whether that’s amusing or unnerving.

Perhaps thanks to Voice, Jung Woong-in will be playing another villain’s role in Hwatu. His character is born a Goryeo man, but his ambition to advance his status compels him to work for the oppressors instead, carrying out evil deeds and defying both King Chunghye and Empress Ki. Go forth and hench, man.

(It’s not a bad idea to strike while the iron’s hot, although I have to admit it’s a bit weird for me to see Jung Woong-in going all crazed and creepy after watching him play so many bumbling fools, with the occasional nice guy thrown in the mix. He’s so good at being the dork!)

Hwatu will follow Goddess of Fire Jung-yi as a Monday-Tuesday drama and will premiere in October.

Via Mk.co.krTV Report

Guest sara1117

Monday-Tuesday competitors will be tough. Hwatu will rival Future Choice by the TK2H writer, I don't know yet about KBS

Good luck Ha Ji Won [-O< :x

WOW, Joo Jin Mo is a good good cast for me. This is it! I wanted to watch this show before but now,  no way I will miss it.  I was used to Hwatu for the title but I really don`t care what the name is. So they plan for 50 episodes not 60? It is still a lot! October is not that far!  :)

Guest sara1117

I'm glad this drama is 50 episodes and sure don't mind if they make it plus. The writer is experienced in lengthy projects, Gaint was 50 episodes, yes this one is saguek and about Qi empress so it might be a different case but I'm positive this project will get proper writing thus I will enjoy several months of interesting story. I hope they give a bit more info though [-O<

well, imo the writer is the second strength followed by Ha Ji Won being the lead . I can't say much about the PD since his previous work weren't really my fav so my hopes are all for the writer and the cast :D

Guest NEWMARIO

HA JI WON – JOO JIN MO STARRER “HWATU” CHANGES ITS TITLE TO “EMPRESS KI”

Posted by Clockwatcher on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 · Leave a Comment 

4n54.jpg

The historical drama about Korean-born Qi Empress who was influential in the Yuan Dynasty has officially changed its title to “Empress Ki/Qi.”

The titular character will be played by Ha Ji Won (Secret Garden) while Joo Jin Mo (Queen Of The Game) will portray King Choong Hae of Goryeo and they’ll be involved in a love triangle with the Emperor of the Yuan dynasty. But since she is the empress of the Yuan dynasty, does that mean we already know who loses in this triangle? Something tells me it won’t be that simple.

Other confirmed cast include: Choi Moo Sung (Heartless City), Jung Woong In (I Hear Your Voice) and Jin Lee Han (Dr. Jin). It’s written by Jang Young-Cheol and Jung Kyung-Soon (Incarnation Of Money) and directed by Han Hee of Dr. Jin fame.

The 60-episode will premiere on MBC in October.

Source: Osen

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/08/14/ha-ji-won-joo-jin-mo-starrer-hwatu-changes-its-title-to-empress-ki/

Guest niknokdagu425

october please come now,  i cant wait to see uri Haetnim back on screen,so glad its JJM i feel a good vibes despite the negativity towards the PDnim hope he will do wonders this time
[-O<

Guest NEWMARIO

class="headline"Ha Ji Won’s new drama is renamed ‘Ki Empress’KpopFighting.comBy Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com – 4 hours ago

• [*]
Email[*][*]
  • [*]
Ha Ji WonView Photo

Ha Ji Won

The production team for Ha Ji Won’s upcoming MBC TV ‘Mon-Tue’ drama, has announced that the drama will now be known as ‘Ki Empress’ as opposed to ‘Hwatu’ previously.

‘Ki Empress’ depicts the loves and battles of Qi Empress who hails from Goryeo, and wields great influence in the Yuan Dynasty. The drama will be written by screen writer Jang Young Cheol, who has vast experience in writing history productions having done ‘Dae Jo Young’, ‘Giant’, and ‘History of the Salaryman’ in the past, and will work alongside fellow screen writer, Jung Kyung Soon.

Qi Empress will be played by Ha Ji Won, while Joo Jin Mo will play King Chunghye of Goryeo who is in direct conflict with Emperor Huizong of the Yuan Dynasty.

Other than the role of Emperor Huizong which is yet to be determined, the other cast member have already been confirmed, and the drama will succeed ‘Jung Yi, Goddess of Fire’ in October.

By: Kwak Hyun Soo

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

30966-182344.jpg