Quantcast
cherkell

[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

Guest ziimblu

I adore them both really, I just want them to date already :x

Guest NEWMARIO

DRAMA CASTING & NEWSJoo Jin-mo joins Hwatu to romance Ha Ji-wonby javabeans | August 8, 2013 | 4 Comments

joojinmo_49.jpg

Casting continues on MBC’s upcoming sageuk drama Hwatu, which is not in fact a drama about gambling despite being named after the flower cards [花鬪]. The series is set in the Goryeo dynasty with Ha Ji-won playing a Goryeo woman who becomes Empress Ki of Yuan (sister of Ki Chul, mentioned from time to time in Faith). Now Joo Jin-mo (Gabi, Invincible) has signed on to play King Chunghye, the male lead, in his first drama in four years (since he headlined boxing drama Dream).

In Hwatu’s timeline, the Yuan Dynasty has political governance over the Goryeo state. King Chunghye ruled three reigns ahead of Gongmin, which is the king Joo Jin-mo portrayed in the movie Frozen Flower (albeit unofficially, since I don’t believe he was ever outright called Gongmin). In the drama, Chunghye is described as intelligent and fierce and determined to free Goryeo from Yuan rule. Not only does he come up against the Yuan emperor as a political foe, but also a romantic rival in the fight to win Empress Ki’s affections. Naturally. This is a K-drama, after all.

There was another rumor making the rounds recently concerning Jang Geun-seok joiningHwatu as well, which would have reunited him with Ha Ji-won after playing her childhood sweetheart in Hwang Jini. However, Jang’s reps have come out to deny the news, so it appears news outlets jumped the gun on those reprts. He stated that he did receive the script and was looking at the role positively, but hadn’t decided to do it. Which makes sense, since Jang is contracted to do a different drama, manhwa-adapted Pretty Man, and would have to either quit that one or receive that drama’s permission to do both, and I can’t see him going that far to take on a non-headlining role in a 50-episode sageuk. Plus, he’s also booked solid with overseas promotions and appearances that’ll keep him plenty busy.

Hwatu, which is produced by the makers of Dae Jo Young, Giant, and History of the Salaryman, will be MBC’s next Monday-Tuesday drama and premieres in October.

janggeunseok_106.jpg

Via MaeilSports Seoul

Guest ziimblu

ziimblu said: The lovely & super talented Ha ji won!!!Of course, I am so looking forward to this!
Hope Joo Jin Moo or Won Bin will be the male lead :-) 

A promising cast. Hopefully the story is well written and that the drama is well filmed, otherwise what a waste of talent it would be! 
Can't wait to see HJW in this though!

Hwatu update: The antagonist/villain role in Hwatu will be played by Jung Woong In (Queen Seondeok, Ojakgyo Brother)

Cr: hajiwonworld
995484_656441647700657_674663327_n.jpg

Guest pandora460

pieracapozucca said: Hwatu update: The antagonist/villain role in Hwatu will be played by Jung Woong In (Queen Seondeok, Ojakgyo Brother)

Yaaay! Joo Jin Mo <3 :x He's awesome in traditional/sageuk setting productions. A good match with HJW. Jinjja. Can't wait for October! Ha Ji Won-Joo Jin Mo fighting!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu_o_WJsU186vJJy2mWn7

@newmario: Ty Ty Ty and so happy to see u on Hwatu forum!!! Hmm, even b4 the drama debuts, i am already a little disappointed. Sorry in advance and please dont read further coz it may dismay you as I am going to be a wet blanket. While i am looking forward to this drama solely because I think HJW is a brilliant actress and her Charisma is unmatched, I am not going to put too much hope into the love affair between her and JJM for we all know that she is the Empress of Yuan and there is no way these 2 gorgeous people will end up together, it's just gonna kill me that whatever sparks and chemistry they both will have, they cannot be together! I hope the guy playing the Chinese Emperor is someone cute and hot too! But I am looking forward to another masterful characterization of the Empress by Ms HJW!

Guest manquant

pandora460 said: pieracapozucca said: Hwatu update: The antagonist/villain role in Hwatu will be played by Jung Woong In (Queen Seondeok, Ojakgyo Brother)

Guest NEWMARIO

Jin I-han joins MBC "Hwatu"

Source | 2013/08/12 | 53 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo337108.jpg

Actor Jin I-han has been cast for the MBC drama "Hwatu" and will co-starring with Ha Ji-won.

"Hwatu" is about the Empress Ki who is actually from the Koryeo times but becomes the empress of Yuan in China and inflicts massive influence there.

Jin I-han takes on the role of Tal-tal. He is a scholar with a handsome face and sincere personality. He is full of knowledge and wisdom. He is a character who masters tricks for his uncle Baek-an whom he treats like a father.

However, he is tricked over to Empress Ki's side and betrays Baek-an, rising to the point of authority and playing a big role in the development of Yuan.

He is also outstanding in martial arts and sword fighting.

Jin I-han debuted in 2007 with a drama and starred in, "All my Love", "All About My Family", "Hooray for Love", "Dr. JIN" and more.

Meanwhile, "Hwatu" will be aired after "Goddess Of Fire Jeongi".

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

'Empress Ki' Ha Ji Won's other man casting is in dilemma? 

'기황후' 하지원의 남자, 변발 딜레마? 캐스팅 난항http://me2.do/GBXSafcK

©Enews24 via Naver News, ha ji won world FB Page
556781_172674189585844_1786413048_n.jpg

The tile of drama "Hwatu" may change to "Empress Gi".

Credit to kangsook@twitter
1012478_528205007249261_2139873757_n.jpg

하지원·주진모 주연 ‘화투’ 13일(오늘) 첫 대본리딩 
Ha Ji Won-Joo Jin Mo’s ‘Hwatu’ first script reading takes place today (Aug 13). http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=241&aid=0002150118 

Follow @Hwatu_KD on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Hwatu_KD) for the latest news and updates.Thank to: The King 2 Hearts
1173909_557630067635370_228068778_n.jpg

Guest NEWMARIO

Jin Yi-han and Jung Woong-in join sageuk epic Hwatuby javabeans | August 13, 2013 | 13 Comments

jyh_27.jpg

So many interesting actors, so little interest in this drama. Aie! I hate when this happens.

Jin Yi-han is the latest addition to MBC’s upcoming 50-episode sageuk drama Hwatu, which will star Ha Ji-won as a Goryeo-born woman who becomes Empress Ki of the Yuan dynasty, and Joo Jin-mo as Goryeo’s King Chunghye, who wants his nation to find its independence from Yuan interference.

Jin Yi-han’s character is a serious intellectual, a scholar who from an early age respects and follows the uncle who was like a father to him. However, he falls for Empress Ki’s tricks and betrays that uncle to then become prime minister. He plays a large role in the advancement of Yuan, apparently displaying a firmness of character and flashes of greatness along the way. (But… the betrayal… she said naively.)

I love Jin Yi-han, who has admittedly acted in a bunch of mediocre stuff but has, at least, done a great job in them. An abridged list: Dr. Jin, Hooray for Love, You’re Here You’re Here You’re Really Here, A Good Day for the Wind to Blow, All My Love, Who Are You. Most recently he cameo’d in Episode 1 of Master’s Sun. He was good in that. He should get more leading roles. In good dramas. Where he sings a lot. (He’s a former musical actor with a nice set of pipes and also friends with another former musical actor, Kang Ji-hwan. They should do stuff together. Playing besties. You know, since I’m just listing stuff I want now.)

jungwoongin_8.jpg

Jung Woong-in is another new addition to the cast, who is currently enjoying a wave of unexpected popularity after playing the creepy murderer on a revenge mission in I Hear Your Voice. It’s certainly not the only hit drama he’s been a part of, but it came at a great time and provided him with a nice boost, so much so that his oft-growled phrase “I’m gonna kill you!” became something of a catchphrase. I… don’t know whether that’s amusing or unnerving.

Perhaps thanks to Voice, Jung Woong-in will be playing another villain’s role in Hwatu. His character is born a Goryeo man, but his ambition to advance his status compels him to work for the oppressors instead, carrying out evil deeds and defying both King Chunghye and Empress Ki. Go forth and hench, man.

(It’s not a bad idea to strike while the iron’s hot, although I have to admit it’s a bit weird for me to see Jung Woong-in going all crazed and creepy after watching him play so many bumbling fools, with the occasional nice guy thrown in the mix. He’s so good at being the dork!)

Hwatu will follow Goddess of Fire Jung-yi as a Monday-Tuesday drama and will premiere in October.

Via Mk.co.krTV Report

Guest sara1117

Monday-Tuesday competitors will be tough. Hwatu will rival Future Choice by the TK2H writer, I don't know yet about KBS

Good luck Ha Ji Won [-O< :x

WOW, Joo Jin Mo is a good good cast for me. This is it! I wanted to watch this show before but now,  no way I will miss it.  I was used to Hwatu for the title but I really don`t care what the name is. So they plan for 50 episodes not 60? It is still a lot! October is not that far!  :)