• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pegster

• cherkell

• Miky88

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello friends!   Welcome to the season of swords and destiny. For those who don't know, August 15 was Korea's independence day. Inspired, we decided to create an event season focused o

Empress Ki Poll 3: OED (Old Evil Dude)   A new poll is up! Yay!   Let's talk about Old Evil Dudes (OED)..... Seems sageuks are full of them.   Now is your time to vo

great points @joccu and @Night_Owl -- they say history is re-written by the victors. so sometimes, even to claim 100% accuracy can be difficult, it really does depend on perspective. while am okay wit

Guest hunterdd

stclaus said: I've never cared for ratings... actually just as I've liked shows with high ratings I've also enjoyed shows that end up being cancelled... This is the entertainment industry. They do their best to... keep us entertained.
So at least myself, as long as I enjoy the show, I will continue watching it and giving it my support. If the show continues or gets extended: awesome! if it gets cut or cancelled: well, so be it... I enjoyed the ride.

Guest FateD1430293421

@Miaka FY il est vrai ce que tu dit .. mais WY est un homme très attentionné! il n'aime pas forcer SN de faire ce qu'elle ne veut pas faire, mais sa douceur retournée contre cette fois je suppose!

mais nous avons encore beaucoup d'épisodes et ce drame est après tout sur WY-SN et leur histoire d'amour :D

@FateD N'aurait pas pu dire mieux!
Oh boy... you made me scratch my head and try to remember my French... I knew this forum was more than what it seems...
We better stop though, otherwise, we'll start getting some Tagalog, Serbian, and so on...

Guest FateD1430293421

@Miaka FY We got some French going eh?! Let's get a French Kiss from our respective men... yeah baby!

WY mon amour. Votre Princesse Canadien est ici :x

@rinchan76 You're the best!

JJM mon amour.. votre amour Libanais est ici

@FateD awwww but I like the term CPR kiss, it entertains two ideas, reality and kdrama land's version of reality. In reality that life saving kiss is actually CPR. In Kdrama land that could be considered a kiss because he didn't even make moves to open her mouth, how did air get in there  :-O . Also the atmosphere was so intimate which is starkly different from CPR which is much more of a cold procedure even if it is just mouth to mouth. Also it is Kland law if lips touch it is a kiss   =))
@ChelseaS I am in total agreement with you, we were too spoiled by the fast pace but I appreciate that the slowdown in pacing, because they are setting up the foundation of the next story arch and not just running out of ideas so they are just adding filler episodes. However I am so ready for the pace to pick back up. 
;))

Just finished watching EP21 with subs (had to settle for LQ streaming :( )

SN rushed back and told TH that DK has control of the situation with the revolt, so GT tells TH he has to stop the assassination

As GT kills the other eunuch, he says 'I'm sorry, but this is to keep Peaha safe', so is unlikely that GT will ever betray TH.  
ET asked WY what he wants as his reward, WY tells him he wants his throne back, but ET makes it very clear that he's not going to get it.  ET tells WY that Goryeo is the biggest pain in the richard simmons for Yuan, and he does not want WY leading it.  He wants to keep WY near him.
WY asks to return to Goryeo as his father is sick, and ET lets him go.
ET appoints BA as a premier of one of the biggest province closest to the capital.  BA tells TT now that ED is gone, and they're leaving as well, he's worried that TH will become like an orphan.  So here we somewhat see that BA does care for TH outside of all that struggle for power.
WY and BA make an unofficial agreement to each grow stronger so that they can one day complete what they didn't get to finish this time.
WY asks SN if she wants to go back to Goryeo with him, but she says with DK still looking for the blood letter, they can't let him find it first.  If he finds the letter first WY's hopes of returning to the throne, and her hopes of revenge will all disappear.
During the conversation with ET and TH, it is revealed that TH actually does go to DS's quarters on a 'scheduled' basis, but now he wants him to go regularly.  ET says is TH's problem that DS isn't pregnant yet.
DS might be pregnant as when she was having the sickness, she also said that she wanted to eat spicy stuff which she never eats, plus the maid mentions that she's missed her period the last two months.  
JH tells SN et al about the blood letter.  The late emperor had told him to hide the blood letter in a book for the crown prince (TH), and there's a symbol of a butterfly on it that the crown prince will recognize.  Remember now in one of the earlier scenes, when ET went to see TH, there was a piece of paper on his desk with a butterfly drawn on it.  Maybe the letter is within the study room and TH doesn't know it.
JH said in the rush to escape from the palace, he hid the letter somewhere, and when he sent someone back to look for it, it was already gone.  When asked if he knew who took it, as he was about to say something, YBS shows up.
JH tells SN et al that he knows of a secret passage in the palace that leads to the outside.  When SN was planning to safe JH from the palace, she mentions that JH can lead them to escape through the passage.  SN tells BH and BSY to take note of when the guards switch their shifts so they can plan out the time.
For those who said SN didn't care about TH, well this scene is in your face!
When SN runs in to TH while trying to escape from DK, TH tells her to hid in his quarters, but instead of refusing to take help from him, says 'That's going to put in you danger as well', she was worried of getting him in danger.
The rest, there's not a lot to explain.  Everyone's already talked about it.

Oh, and I just read on the Baidu forum, someone did a rough translation of the text preview for episode 22, we might get confirmation if SN is pregnant tomorrow.  It says that when Dokman is checking SN's pulse, he feels something 'odd' from her pulse.

Guest FateD1430293421

@FateD N'aurait pas pu dire mieux!

Oh boy... you made me scratch my head and try to remember my French... I knew this forum was more than what it seems...

We better stop though, otherwise, we'll start getting some Tagalog, Serbian, and so on...

Hahahaha ur right we shud stop back to English mode!

Oh dear lord this thread is addictive..gotta get me some sleep..WY-SN shippers stay strong luv yaaaaaaa

:x

Guest FateD1430293421

@FateD awwww but I like the term CPR kiss, it entertains two ideas, reality and kdrama land's version of reality. In reality that life saving kiss is actually CPR. In Kdrama land that could be considered a kiss because he didn't even make moves to open her mouth, how did air get in there  :-O . Also the atmosphere was so intimate which is starkly different from CPR which is much more of a cold procedure even if it is just mouth to mouth. Also it is Kland law if lips touch it is a kiss   =))

@ChelseaS I am in total agreement with you, we were too spoiled by the fast pace but I appreciate that the slowdown in pacing, because they are setting up the foundation of the next story arch and not just running out of ideas so they are just adding filler episodes. However I am so ready for the pace to pick back up. 

;))

We live in a real world not kdrama world so it is CPR

:P:P

Hahahhahaha ok ok CPR kiss =))

I don't understand... why did El Tumor didn't give a death sentence to ED, and why was she so sure of that? How did she know he wouldn't sentence her to death... are we back to the ET unrequited love story hypothesis we came up with like a week ago?
Also, why does El Tumor always wear the same Purple Robe, is that his uniform? 

Guest suwan1430273820

stclaus said: I don't understand... why did El Tumor didn't give a death sentence to ED, and why was she so sure of that? How did she know he wouldn't sentence her to death... are we back to the ET unrequited love story hypothesis we came up with like a week ago?
Also, why does El Tumor always wear the same Purple Robe, is that his uniform? 

Guest ghollygina22

Since they've separated, I really hope that no one from Team Goryeo dies!!! It'll be hard for me to accept! I love all of them!!! Please let them stay together till the very end. [-O<

Just reading some stuff on Baidu forums about the 'CPR' kiss scene, not sure how reliable it is though.
Fans are comparing it to a similar underwater kiss scene from 'A Chinese Ghost Story' (an extremely popular classic movie starring Leslie Cheung and Joey Wong back in the 80s).  They're saying that the kiss scenes are comparable, and just as beautiful, probably one of the best, if not the best underwater kiss scenes.
Someone also said they read in the Korean news that the kiss scene was the highest rated scene in episode 21, and the media is comparing this kiss scene to HJW's famous 'cappuccino kiss' from Secret Garden, saying this scene beats the 'cappuccino kiss'.  
EDIT: Apparently there's an article titled: 'Kiss in the water' surpasses actress Ha Ji Won's representative kiss scene 'Cappuccino Kiss'
Now I'm curious as to what they'll call this kiss.  
First it was the 'Cappuccino Kiss', then it was the 'Refrigerator Kiss', maybe we can call this the 'Tub Kiss'?  
Oh wait...have we decided to call it the 'CPR Kiss'?

B20140114110813123.jpg

Credits: http://www.wowtv.co.kr/newscenter/news/view.asp?bcode=T30001000&artid=A201401140208

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add, it was also mentioned that it took them an entire day to film this scene.  I feel so bad for HJW, it must be hard filming underwater for so long.  I surely hope it really was warm water they were using.

Sorry guys if I make you worry :)

I got some home problem this morning but it seems to be better now. It's not because of anything that is discussed in the forum. I just vented out something I wanted to say for a long time already.

I am not leaving completely nor I will abandon the lovely but tragic WY-SN ship. Their love story seems to be the typical tragic, classic one but it touches my heart deeply :) Like I said before, unfulfilled love has it sadness but also its beauty :)

@rinchan76: I still think it's purely for fan service :) Cos we all know TH will do everything to save SN :) Must it be in the bathroom with TH naked and must it be a CPR scene =)))))))) But surely it helps rating and will be a hot topic for a while. That's not because I am jealous of that at all, I actually prefer WY not to have such scene with SN cos it's not him. Probably because I like WY's romantic scene with SN to be more serious and mature, like how it has been so far :) It's boring and heavy but it's how a conventional love story in the ancient time is like. The CPR scene is romantic in a modern way (fusion?) and I am sure people these days love that. 

I will join you guys next week for sure ^_^ Pls wait for me.

Guest Ding Lin

> Why are we saying this?

Not sure, but it surely sounds good :)!  GOOOOOOO  Team 
Goryo! LOL

suwan said: Go teaammm Goryo !! -- wait. Why are we saying this...? @stclaus & @DingLin Lol i must be tired. See you all in a few hours !!!

Oh, how I wish the WY+SN ships and TH+SN ships would stop launching barbs at each other. It’s kind of ludicrous to compare the bed scene to the CPR kiss scene. They are just different. The Wang Yoo and Seungnyang bed scene is probably there to show the stage of the relationship they are at (despite my personal aversion to the a love child plot and how fast they got there). The CPR kiss scene is probably there to show the level of love and commitment Taehwan has towards Seungnyang. To demean one scene vs. another by saying there is no chemistry or it’s just fan service providing nothing towards the plot and calling each other desperate is rather desperate in it of itself. I am confident the writers know what they are doing. They are very skilled. I watched History of a Salaryman and that was done very well. I am in this for the story not the ratings. We all have our personal preferences and ships. Peace. :)>-  This goes out to all the ships. https://soundcloud.com/emad-goda/audio-recording-on-monday-1

Guest adjani1430293095

hmm, has anyone noticed how "great" the women are.. I mean, I noted the Empress stood at the side of the "Baby Emperor" upon the passing of the Emperor and stood against El Terror, even in this latest "failed" attempt to bring him down, she stood strong and protected the "boy/man" emperor. Then SY, she is at the center of both the lives of these men of history, having both saved and assisted, comforted and brought joy to them. She spurred them and supported them in some senses to seek their power pursuits. Even SN with her attempts to "assist" her father, brother and the 2 men again (of course mostly for vanity). The men all seem to "need" help in some sort of way :P Maybe its just the way the drama is carved out.... I am guessing that blood vow of a letter might also be with the "mad" woman :P ... but we shall see... 

Guest adjani1430293095

Oh and if the writers were any good, perhaps instead of a straight out love child scene, perhaps she can get together with Baby Emperor too and then we really wont know who the father really is :P Could be either.. and if she had twins.. (Not as far as I know in history), would one each satisfy the ships? (no offence anyone!) 

Guest sunshine4ever

I guess it's rather nice to not strongly ship any ship since I can sail with any ship and not sink. The kiss underwater was beautiful done although some of you brought to my consciousness that it may seem like CPR (kind of agree, but can't help but think it's so sweet because TH looked so gentle and he was really trying to rescue her)  just like some of you brought up the kiss/bed scene between SN & WY. I am glad for everyone's inputs and discussions on these kisses. :D I guess it just means that SN has a lot of chemistry with both WY and TH, but everyone still has their inputs on the kisses.  I personally think the kiss underwater is better "seen" and "view" than the one done by WY & SN. But WY & SN's kiss was also very gentle. Just that I didn't register it well maybe because I'm not there yet.

With that being said, just hope that my comments won't offend any of you if you ship any guy with SN. I hope everyone will have fun and enjoy your ship! :) (I really will tell you later who I will like more between TH & WY. Although I wrote a message in some pages back stating that TH may appear as a coward, but I'm certain that he won't be at certain points/places and I don't think SN will marry TH if he was the man she first met him....so we will see...just hope the scriptwriter won't alter episode 1's beginning to something else later as the story progresses.)

*Will be back once I caught up with all of you, but please know that I've always been spoiled by you lol anyway*

• partyon changed the title to [Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚