[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

The Emperor's new colors - not pleasant at all; he scares me with his obsession for SN. 
@carmens: The unsubbed version of the series can be misleading, but the accosting, and the swooping in for a kiss that was clearly not welcome, was a leaf out of Dangkise's book (as Cherkell points out already) . 'Twas a poignant scene that followed but one just can't shake off how creepy the Emperor has gotten.

Guest larabn

CherKell said: larabn said: @pieracapozucca
looking at the GIF it looks as though TH is trying to kiss her over and over and over and over. counting to infinity......................again :))
I was like seriously dude stop it her neck will be stiff from all the turning :)) lol enough already :))
but he stopped at the second failed attempt in the ep (also don't know what face goes to this comment here)

mittiin said: The Emperor's new colors - not pleasant at all; he scares me with his obsession for SN. 
@carmens: The unsubbed version of the series can be misleading, but the accosting, and the swooping in for a kiss that was clearly not welcome, was a leaf out of Dangkise's book. 'Twas a poignant scene that followed but one just can't shake off how creepy the Emperor has gotten.

mittiin said: The Emperor's new colors - not pleasant at all; he scares me with his obsession for SN. 
@carmens: The unsubbed version of the series can be misleading, but the accosting, and the swooping in for a kiss that was clearly not welcome, was a leaf out of Dangkise's book (as Cherkell points out already) . 'Twas a poignant scene that followed but one just can't shake off how creepy the Emperor has gotten.

I know it's a relief that ET dies but what i want is ET to know that he has lost the battle. I hope he wakes up but is weak. I want him to realize that he is no longer in power and that he has been defeted. I want to see him suffer with that realization. If he does not wake up and just dies like this with the poisoning, then  his last action was him acting all mighty with the sword and dancing around crazily. For me, i think a character like him should die knowing he has been defeated(example 'Mishil' in "Queen Seon Duk")

anjshin said: i still can't believe that El Temur will face his demise that quick, ommo, i'm still in the process of mourning, please be alive ET, i know you're faking your death and even might as well didn't told about this to your son DangKise to make the show daebak and convincing, and if it is so happen that you've truly died i might dig your grave because it isn't really fair that you've died all of sudden, or should i say it's your fault you might have your aged heart attack or gastrointestinal bleeding occurred suddenly as what @rinchan's premise. As to what will be the destiny of the blood vow i entrust our writers-nim. 
What should i say regarding TH's character being possessed of selfishness, and suddenly turning the puppy emperor to a fox, I really got sad, why did he came up to such a thing that he knows will make him more miserable to SN's perception. I know he got humiliated by WY at some point,but why didn't he do it on man to man basis and all therefore putting the blame to WY now. If this is to show his capacity, he just repeated what El Temur did to his late father, out of frustrations and anger, and forgotten to put in place the embodied legislative process. Making me wanting to kill TH is a sign that JCW portrayed his character excellently, bravo. Writers-nim  you don't want me to add him up on my list together with ET & Yeum byum Soo right? And speaking of YBS, he sure really got 9 lives, i'm sure the writer/s do love him alot.
DAEBAK... job well done Empress Ki team,. i might give a title for this episode 19: LOVE me or HATE me. =D> =D>  :-bd

Guest roshan90

This episode had too many good scenes to pick one favorite.. So I am picking two.. Its just by chronological order and not one beats the other kind..

Best Scene 1:

WY: If You are tired, Say you are tired
       If You are in pain, Say you are in pain..

(After this only I noticed Tahwan didnt ask about Sungnyang's pain or how she suffered or what happened to her.. I hope Tahwan does that in the future after he becomes her husband..)
And of course the scenes where they take a stroll in the market.. (I would have loved it more if they holded hands while walking..) Seeing that SN is smiling when WY describing the ginseng..?? This woman is sooo in Love.. :D Thankfully we get lots of smiles from her though its not a dream.. I am sure its Jombak who suggests leaving the two alone.. (And This Gang can sure take a hint!! LOL at the bodyguard still firm in performing his duty..) And then While I was still waiting for the hand holding that I didnt get.. they jump to the scene with SN and the crazy lady.. Ugh. Bad Editornim You are sooo Bad I Hate You..

Best Scene 2:
When I got the wrist grabbing scene from Tahwan, I was excited though the music told me something else..
SN: Are you drunk??
TH: Believe Not even once.
I would have easily thought he was drunk when he try to kiss her twice.. Thank God he stopped after that.. Here Third time is not a charm.. I should thank @CherKell for preparing me for this heartache beforehand, but still it hurts like its new, when SN tells him about her father..
SN: Can You now realize how I would have felt beside you all this time?? I wanted to kill you.
TN: Wanted to kill me?? (thrusts a dagger to her hand)
       Kill me nicely. Quickly kill me.
SN: (cries pulls her hand back threw the dagger down)
TN: Why cant you kill me?
SN: If I kill you, all the Goryeo people will they be safe??
Even I am sad now.. (I dont get this sentence but is she saying to him to let her go?? as her wish :( )
Then SN leaves and TH cries alone now fully aware of why SN is hating him.. And SN turns back to look at TH and a tear falls from his eyes.. With her head bowed down she closes the door ( I am sure it is to hide her tears in case TH sees it) Behind closed doors TH cries more and so do we.. And SN is also crying which I didnt expect (I really want to decode her tears if I could.. She is crying for hurting TH?? Or Is she letting a tear of farewell to her father?? I am sure its a bit of both..)
And the OST ends with "What Should I do?" Tears.

Today's ep. was so great just like the first episodes with many twists that can lead to many further drama's options. Now It's hard to predict how it will continue the relationship between the main characters.
The scene which in SN tells about her father to TH it's so brokenheart and it should be shown on MBC awards it was very well played by HJW and JCW.

And another thought... I don't think TH become evil he is just a lonely  jealous guy trying not to lose his girlfriend, for TH, SN is only one, unique, she is friend and lover at the same time.

Guest roshan90

@Xue Zhu Yu
If I could I would make 2 clones of Sungnyang and give to Tahwan, Wang Yoo and Tal Tal.
None to Dangkise..
>:) >:)

Guest suwan1430273820

EMPRESS KI EP 20 TEXT PREVIEW

Jeombakyi: There’s no doubt that they’re in a tight situation right now.
Tutor Jang: Anyway, it seems like a poison.
Eunuch Bang: If His Majesty is accused for the death, then who will be inflicted?
Wang Yoo: In the end, Yeon-chul needs to be protected(?).
Tapjahae: ___ please help us!
Wang Yoo: People will be blinded(?).
Eunuch: What’s everyone going to do when we return to Goryeo?

Wang Yoo: Do you want to be my Queen?

Ta-hwan: What should I do? There’s not much time left..Wang Yoo, I will surely take Seung-nyang away from you.
Ta-hwan: Tonight, everything will change..
A man: Wang Yoo the criminal, accept the order!
Wang Yoo: What crime did I commit?
Ta-hwan: Are you asking because you don’t know?
Eunuch Bang: Your Majesty!
Ta-hwan: Do you want to be an accomplice?
Seung-nyang: If you’re doing this because of me, then you’re a coward.

© chesire cat and ha ji won fb

Wy asked if sn wanted to be his queen !! Omg. Im having a heart attack right now ! And yes. There must be a bts for the kiss scene !!

Guest larabn

@Xue Zhu Yu

If I could I would make 2 clones of Sungnyang and give to Tahwan, Wang Yoo and Tal Tal.

None to Dangkise..

>

:)

>

:)

For dangkise get him a female clone of el terror :))

Guest anjshin

@bluedora: as far as i can see it you love TH very much. No offense but i think TH did those things not for his countrymen but obviously being preoccupied by SN and his jealousy. Killing or should i say plotting or being the mastermind to a death of one's person is not acceptable at any manner, repeating what already happened in the past will not solve anything but a chance to do the cycle again. i also waited for him to come out of his shell but unfortunately all i can see is revenge, to kill El temur and put all the blame to WY so he can take away SN. as this goes politics will be like this, and they are all in it. :)

oh dearI think I am such a personI stay in the someone boat no matter what even if I'm wrong.but regarding TH ,I think am not mistaken.
is an angry and frustrated child which rushes and makes  mistakes but his heart is not bad
he really loves  SN and at some point will give up on  her for her own happiness
but she will be back 
( like the terminator =))  )
it is true that at the momentshe is very mad at him, I can even say that she hates him.
She would understand him and forgive truly TaHwan just in the moment when she will have to do what he didback in time when he had to lie to save his life.

lxands said: Wow...ET poison was done by TH's instruction? If it was so simple why didnt he do it before? Also although ET is an evil man him the person who poison him is no better, he is a cold blodded murder himself, killing the enemy by poisoning instead of killing him tru combat or war or tru justice. Dun tell me seed of evil has transplant in TH that he has neither compassion nor consideration not even for the person he loves just to get what he wants? Even SN cant do it...for whatever reason she tried to justify to herself she still cant kill a man unarmed especially the one like TH who oblivious & ignorance of the consequence of his action