[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest cunn

I want Lee Jun Ki badly ..my dream couple Ha Ji Won & Lee Jun Ki but I'm fine with whoever actors who will play the male lead.

Guest sicknine

Empress Gi? I heard this name and read about her history before. I remember in Faith there was a character name Gi Cheol and he was very evil in Faith. Gi Cheol is her brother according to the history.

And I believe Empress Gi is a powerful woman during Goryeo because her brother using her power to messing in Goryeo. Oh that was in Faith. :))

Guest niknokdagu425

any news about the other cast i really cant wait,can they do the drama this coming june im being impatient now i just miss hajiwon so much

Guest sicknine

@laquetahodge did you know how much time I spend for researching this when I was watching Faith :)) HahaHa. Yeah. Her brother was in Faith and try to take the throne by using his sister power. That's why I can imagine his sister is a very powerful woman and everybody in Yuan and Goryeo must be very scare of her. It's great to see her in this drama. :D .

Guest sicknine

@laquetahodge Somehow I found this drama will be interesting because it must be center in Yuan which give us different look and different costumes that are far from Goryeo and Joseon. I hope Ha Ji Won won't wearing a ridiculous outfit (like people in The Great Seer) since Yuan is basically China the least I can imagine is like Bu Bu Jing Xin costume :))

@mssegacrazy...I had a few names in my list to be paired with HJW. I so wanted to see Won Bin with our girl but chances are...he won't be doing drama :-(  I wouldn't mind seeing either Kang Dong Won, Kwon Sang Wo, Jo In sung or So Ji Sub again with our girl. But if I had to pick someone new...my choices are Cha Seung Won, Gong Yoo, Lee Min Ho and Lee Jun Ki....but then again, I think LMH and LJK are already out in the running...both already have projects picked this year :-(
Can't wait to see who gets the male lead :-w  8-}  8->

I am looking forward for this sageuk. I know it is 60 episodes long. I trust the writers and I know the cast will be strong too. I try to ignore the PD. No,no,  he will not destroy a good show. I stay positive. I chose a good writer over a good director any day. I am curious who will be cast in this show. Fighting!

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-size: 10pt; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;" id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"
id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"MBC Today News - Ha Ji Won (하지원) confirmed to star in the drama Hwatu
credits to uploader: jiwonderland1023
edit: Why doesn't it show as a youtube video but a linky instead? :)

Guest OreoVampire

I'm also looking around for more update about this upcoming drama. Can't wait! I feel giddy now LOL :)) We all know that Saeguk drama will have a lot of strong make up and heavy costumes. I saw Ji Won in korean saeguk costume before, she looks different and have kinda serious personality. For this upcoming Drama I know she's going to look awesome. Actually I would love to see her more in action drama. She look awesome in action scene.

HJW in Korean's Traditional Dress:

hwangjini.jpg

hajiwonaj7.jpg

ha-ji-won.jpg

HaJiWontraditionaldressinDamo.jpg

sageuk-in-sega.jpg?w=690&h=388
sorry, that man is not Ji won...haha, it's Oppa.  =))

HaJiWonHwangJinYi.jpg

I read something about her character. Empress Gi seems to be a strong woman. She was the younger sister of Gi Cheol. I know that Gi Cheol and his sister appeared in Kdrama Faith. That sister was not her, right? It was other sister, or not?
I love sageuks where the writers exposes their version of history. I want to see how they explain the true events and how they intertwined it with fictional when they do not have the true facts. 

Guest sicknine

@larus I'm pretty sure it's Gi Cheol's sister. He did said he has more power in Goryeo because his sister married to someone powerful in Yuan. So, it's Empress Gi for sure. 
His biological sister never appears in Faith. 

sicknine said: @larus I'm pretty sure it's Gi Cheol's sister. He did said he has more power in Goryeo because his sister married to someone powerful in Yuan. So, it's Empress Gi for sure. 

Guest OreoVampire

larus said: sicknine said: @larus I'm pretty sure it's Gi Cheol's sister. He did said he has more power in Goryeo because his sister married to someone powerful in Yuan. So, it's Empress Gi for sure.