[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@pegster Indeed but i hoped that with such an anticipated scene and the discussion,pretty much everyone was curious the meaning of the conversation they had in the fist scene only to let it in the air like it never happened,i can tolerate small mistake's and WTH moments but with a scene so visible and somehow memorable(because they wanted it to make us see how they got to taht point and words) at least they could have tried to make something up to tie all the loose end in that matter...it's like they forgot about it and when they remembered they saw they coudn't tie it anymore so they let it like that,maybe they think we forgot or don't careI saw the CF when it was posted but i was curious fi it's the only one North Cape plans on releasing or more(heard there were like a set) ...because this one felt like an epilogue(like that they actually named it)and the content make it like the end 

Guest bashful

Honestly I do not see why viewers will hate TH (well at least I don't).  I don't agree with TH method used to shut everyone up but given the situation I'm sure any king would have done something terrible in order to protect the one thing they treasured. Even if the outcome is not something that SN could over look. I'm sure TH will be disliked by a lot of viewers because of his actions but he feels like this is the only way to keep the secret from being revealed. Some viewers may think he use this as an excuse to kill off WY but if you really think about it there's no way SN and WY could ever be together even if he was alive. She is the Empress of TH after all. Haven't anyone heard that memories of the dead will last forever. Killing WY will only make SN regret and hold a deeper part in her heart so for TH to kill him off because of jealousy is just a very dumb move for my opinion. I guess the PD did this because it could be interpreted either way. TH kill WY because of jealously, TH was trying to protect SN, or TH has gone crazy!!!!

Seriously what upsets me the most in this drama was not TH character but Gol Ta I can't believe out of all ppl he was the one behind this. He character was one I found to be hilarious in the beginning and faith to the king but now I can't stand looking at him!

TH will probably die in tomorrow ep. SN may be the one to end his life to stop him from suffering  slowly. (or maybe TH might actually request for SN to kill him because he is in pain from the poison).

I think the character which really stood out in this dram was SN, TH and Gol Ta. These character made me speechless the way they changed from ep 1 to 50. I realize many ppl grew to love TT character because of his affection for SN (lol).

Tomorrow will be the final ep and I am happy that this drama came to an end because thanks to the PD the storyline was getting boring. Applause to EK actresses and actors for their performance!!!

@bashful..I think he dies of heart attack..but indeed making Golta this evil mastermind that controlled the fates of so many in such a long time while playin' the faithful servant still can't see it,even more because they didn't seem to tell us yet how he became like that....@CherKell thanks for the answer,i also laught a bit when i saw that sign on there and in Ki hand in place of the rings :))the first CF was quite beautiful even if it was short(loved the dialogue)and i guess JCW was happy to get rid of the pain his hair was init really felt like the epilogue

Guest bashful

Miky88 said: @bashful..I think he dies of heart attack..but indeed making Golta this evil mastermind that controlled the fates of so many in such a long time while playin' the faithful servant still can't see it,even more because they didn't seem to tell us yet how he became like that....@CherKell thanks for the answer,i also laught a bit when i saw that sign on there :))the first CF was quite beautiful even if it was short(loved the dialogue)

Yeah,i was actually curious how Golta became that powerful,while being most of the time in the Palace...one can't rise to that status and power with a carefew of some hours a day while going to buy bread or visit mom.was he TH eunuch his whole life or only when he came back..why he betrayed Th is clear,for greed of power,he said it himself,to own Yuan he must be the owner of the Emperior and now he used him aka signing the documents he needed for his own good and like he said in the preview,when all the things he has going on are completed and his service is no longer needed he'll send him off(kill him)..all this time the nice all goody goody Golta was the mask,that's quite clear,he nerver really cared for TH the person,but for Th the investment or wathever thought he was

Guest kisaki161013

I'm pretty sure Ta Hwan is going to die in tomorrow's episode. It's so obviously foreshadowed. My thoughts on him killing Wang Yoo:
I'm pretty sure Wang Yoo has contributed to people being killed to keep secrets before. It's nothing out of the ordinary. We didn't make a huge deal about it because we didn't get to know those people. Well, if you think about it, thats similar to how Ta hwan doesn't have any real affection for Wang Yoo, he wouldn't mourn his death.
Proof that Ta Hwan didn't kill Wang Yoo out of jealousy is the coronation in episode one. Ta Hwan was clearly VERY jealous, but he still let Wang Yoo go and live, because of Nyang. It changed in this episode because the writers made Ta Hwan decide to kill everyone who knew Nyang's secret to protect her. This wasn't out of jealousy.
He wasn't thinking about how he felt but he was thinking of Nyang's past suffering and what he must do to make sure she is safe. A secret like that will have her beheaded.
Lady Seo found out because Wang Yoo was speaking outside with his men about it, and he wasn't even conscious that she was listening, the same thing could happen again. Ta Hwan can't take that chance. If it was the Empress Dowager who heard, or the Yuan people, nyang would have been done for. So, I get him killing Wang Yoo, sad as it is.

The dumbest thing in this drama is making Golta the head of Eagle House. It's one thing that Golta acts loyal infront of Ta Hwan, but even when no one is observing him, his facial expression showed he cared. When nyang went to sleep with Ta Hwan, he smiled. He was happy for Ta hwan. He even sent Nyang to comfort him by the little bridge. It doesn't make sense that a character who went out of his way to do that, not even getting recognition for it, would be the one drugging the emperor. That's COMPLETELY out of character. That was a stupid STUPID decision. They turned this show into a rushed, roller-coaster, tragedy.

I guess the North Cape CF is supposed to make us feel better..

Guest kisaki161013

@Mikey88 I get what you're saying. But i'm still a bit lost. You said why he betrayed TH is clear... When did Golta become the head of Eagle House? Because if he was from the very beginning, then he was never truly sincere towards Ta Hwan. So he never truly cared. But then why is it that in PRIVATED, he was giving signs he cared. It's not like he needed to put up an act, so the emperor would keep telling him things... That's the part im not getting. Or was it like, when he was the head of Eagle House, at the time when El Temur was there, the Emperor wasnt really an issue because he was useless, so he did care about him, but when the bad guys were removed, and his greed grew, then he betrayed TH.

Does that make sense? >>"

kisaki161013

said: @Mikey88 I get what you're saying. But i'm still a bit lost. You said why he betrayed TH is clear... When did Golta become the head of Eagle House? Because if he was from the very beginning, then he was never truly sincere towards Ta Hwan. So he never truly cared. But then why is it that in PRIVATED, he was giving signs he cared. It's not like he needed to put up an act, so the emperor would keep telling him things... That's the part im not getting. Or was it like, when he was the head of Eagle House, at the time when El Temur was there, the Emperor wasnt really an issue because he was useless, so he did care about him, but when the bad guys were removed, and his greed grew, then he betrayed TH.

Does that make sense? >>"

minnie0103 said:
He killed WY because he wanted to bury Maha's secret, afraid that he might spill the beans. Did that halfwit really think WY would do such a thing that would harm LK? He was using that as an excuse, when in fact, all he wished for was WY's death even before he found out about Maha. 

Alright, finally finished watched EP 50 with C-subs (with many interruptions from work, yes I do have to work haha).
It'll take a me a few hours to translate the episode, but I'll post the preview first.
Since we had many people do the live recaps this morning ( @Milky88 also provided many further explanations of some of the key scenes), I'm not going to bother with the summaries, I'll just work on doing dialogue translations/transcripts for some of the major scenes.

Ki: Paeha, how are you recovering from your illness?TH: Just as you see, very well.  Leave now.Ki: Paeha!TH: I almost forgot about your greed for power.ED: Jang, you need to meet the military leads.ED: Hwanghu we'll see who's head will fall to the ground first.GT: Paeha!  Once all the preparations for our new world is complete, at that time I, Golta, will send you on your way (to death) in peace.

Guest Nayuki Tran

I guess ep 50 today is one of the saddest, the ep where I feel empathetic to the characters.  I guess Wy loves Sn more than himself, and Th loves her with all his might too. I once doubted Ths love for Sn a few eps ago, but now I realized his love is great and tolerant too. I think he loves her more after knowing about Maha. I guess he came back to his old self for now. Why do I feel like Sn comes back to her tough side now. In ep 49 I was surprised that she was so submissive to Th, but today she looks resentful next to Ths bed. Why, does she still love Wy much? Anyway I just wanna say that I feel sorry for Th. He loves his queen really much and now he s about to die. So sad.I wonder what will happen wih the letters? Will it ever be revealed? ! Maybe not.

Miky88 said: it's intresting to see that SN is the one who takes his robe as well,not only him,showing it's a mutual thing... even so i must say they still were lucky even in that time,other contries had a more horrible ritual like people watching in the room the first night of the newly couple besides the bed,that is twisted yet everyone found it normal (royalty,rich people)

Guest truong.michelle

valsava said: Man everytime I give Th props he goes and do something stupid.. I give him brownie points and Th gives them back.. Make up your mind Th what do you want.. ? Was Killing Wy necessary.. I'm steaming ~O) mad at this crap

Guest truong.michelle

Jericho0810 said: minnie0103 said:
He killed WY because he wanted to bury Maha's secret, afraid that he might spill the beans. Did that halfwit really think WY would do such a thing that would harm LK? He was using that as an excuse, when in fact, all he wished for was WY's death even before he found out about Maha. 

Nayuki Tran said: I guess ep 50 today is one of the saddest, the ep where I feel empathetic to the characters.  I guess Wy loves Sn more than himself, and Th loves her with all his might too. I once doubted Ths love for Sn a few eps ago, but now I realized his love is great and tolerant too. I think he loves her more after knowing about Maha. I guess he came back to his old self for now. Why do I feel like Sn comes back to her tough side now. In ep 49 I was surprised that she was so submissive to Th, but today she looks resentful next to Ths bed. Why, does she still love Wy much? Anyway I just wanna say that I feel sorry for Th. He loves his queen really much and now he s about to die. So sad.I wonder what will happen wih the letters? Will it ever be revealed? ! Maybe not.

Guest elfie12

Killed off WY, now all I have to do is wait for ep 51 recap and I am done with this! Not even going to try watching it...too much pain for my little heart. I hope JJM takes a nice break and picks another badass project~   :-*