[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest bellenelle

Sorry to say this, but to those who didn't believe me when I said WY would die: I told you so. I could see it coming :/

Of course, I completely do not approve, but I'm still wondering whether it's completely incoherent or not. For sure, in his right mind, TH would never have killed WY. Even though he's always been jealous of him, he wouldn't have done it - at least, not with his own hands. We know TH's been drugged with something, couldn't that have messed up his judgement to the point that he thought he needed to kill WY to save SN (which is ridiculous, we all know WY wouldn't have said a word to put SN in danger)? 

All this to say, I don't know if the writers wanted to make us hate TH and display WY as the ultimate hero, or wanted to paint all characters as martyrs who eventually self-destruct (couldn't WY fight for his life? WTH); I don't know if that crazy, insane, f***ed up turn of events is coherent or not, but it's sure as hell not enjoyable. I don't know if I would have watched the drama had I known the ending (which, I have no more illusions, will be very very tragic).

x1102107 said: i just watched today's episode well part of it to avoid my head from exploding...i'd just like to comment on empress dowager reaction during empress coronation...her dissapointed reaction look like as if she's the one who wanted to became the empress..well hello mama dowager u'r time is over....and the scene where SN unmasked herself in front of merchant leader,that's just beautiful and badass...HJW really is pretty in that scene and i like those eyeliner she looks fierce...rawr...

kdramaadt said: HanN said: thanks for the preview!.. 
In my thought if TH wanted to kill WY in order to protect SN and to hide the secret about the Identity of Maha, of course after TH confirmed to Lady Seo that Maha is SN and WY's Son, maybe TH ordered to kill Lady Seo as well in order to keep the secret, farewell Lady Seo,! (wrong moved). 

it's intresting to see that SN is the one who takes his robe as well,not only him,showing it's a mutual thing... even so i must say they still were lucky even in that time,other contries had a more horrible ritual like people watching in the room the first night of the newly couple besides the bed,that is twisted yet everyone found it normal (royalty,rich people)

rinchan76 said:Anyways I wish I could see more of how TH digest Maha's paternity, he didn't even get a chance to (however after talking to Cruella, I guess he would understand SN more...maybe. Since now he knows her complete motive for returning), because he went into instant damage control mode. If he hadn't killed DK at that time SN would definitely die. I am glad that, at least from what it appears like, TH still loves her, and is not obscenely angry over the truth. I also understand, why he went on his little killing spree too. Although I feel WY is trustworthy, for TH, anyone who knows of this info is a threat to SN. After all it was while WY was talking to his men that Cruella found out about Maha's paternity. Enemies are around every corner and it is hard to know half the time who, or where they are. Although WY would never deliberately reveal something, there is still a possibility he may unintentionally do so. Despite his attempt to patch up all the hole/ potential holes in regard to keeping the secret, the rest of WY's men know. I know TH doesn't know that but still it is an oversight on the writers part, I feel like they were just looking for a justifiable reason for TH to kill WY, like in the novel, without appearing to be such a bad guy.
*sigh* but it seemed till the end the writers wouldn't let WY have a happy life. He died a hero, albeit a tragic hero, protecting SN with all he had. It irked me a bit that even though TH knew he would kill WY he gave him back the throne, but WY did save his life (oh the irony) so TH repaid him by giving him back his throne. For TH, WY saving him, and TH saving SN are two different things, and @sally_b you guessed right when WY heard it was to protect SN, he basically gave in. At least now he can be with his son in the afterlife.

@diana76 TH was decided to kill everyone who knew about SN secret even before meeting Cruella,he talked to her to find if it's indeed true and kill her and who knew more...that was already in his mind...he entared in damage control mode when he killed DK...he did it to stop him from saying dangerous things...talking to Cruella made him realize what SN suffered and her real meaning behind all her conversations with him...his goal to eliminate all who knew about Maha was set the moment he killed DKone must say Bang was lucky he stayed in that village...Curious if Gongmin will take WY place as new king,does he even exist there?

Guest larabn

I may have to watch it with subs to make sure and maybe I will have another view after the subs
but if it was to protect SN, They make TH  insecure and jealous before about the letters and now angry about the Maha issue and give you this scary stare by him when DK told him but later they say it's to protect SN, this is why I find the whole thing illogical, and it's inconsistent and done poorly
Anyway, I understand both views towards the whole thing but I have to watch it with subs first to make up my mind

Miky88 said: @diana76 TH was decided to kill everyone who knew about SN secret even before meeting Cruella,he talked to her to find if it's indeed true and kill her and who knew more...that was already in his mind...he entared in damage control mode when he killed DK...he did it to stop him from saying dangerous things...talking to Cruella made him realize what SN suffered and her real menaing begind all her conversations with him...his goal to eliminate all who knew about Maha was set the moment he killed DKone must say Bang was lucky he stayed in that village

Guest Starlitelet

How come Ki didn't say anything even if she knew The Emperor killed WY? I will definitely have to watch it with subs, but man... Things are going crazy.
By the way, the scene between Ki and The Emperor made my heart melt. I just couldn't believe the Emperor did that to Wang Yu though. Well, it's justified since his character has been going crazy for 10 episodes or more, but I was hoping he would change. I guess not!

Starlitelet

said: How come Ki didn't say anything even if she knew

The Emperor killed WY?

I will definitely have to watch it with subs, but man... Things are going crazy.

By the way, the scene between Ki and The Emperor made my heart melt. I just couldn't believe the Emperor did that to Wang Yu though. Well, it's justified since his character has been going crazy for 10 episodes or more, but I was hoping he would change. I guess not!

Guest Starlitelet

Miky88 said:

Starlitelet

said: How come Ki didn't say anything even if she knew

The Emperor killed WY?

I will definitely have to watch it with subs, but man... Things are going crazy.

Guest kiyokotsubasa

For me, the most poignant yet beautiful and touching scene of today : Musong's loyalty  ^:)^1625454_543695982405803_1431507529718033

Wang Yu's men were precious jewels to him. They were loyal and devoted to him until their last breath. Looking back to it from episode 1, i realize that their journey was quite a long and painful path full of struggles too. Let's pay tribute to them and not forget them.I agree with you @cherkell , it is the first time that i agreed with Eunuch Bang's sobbing. Curiously enough, it didn't sound annoying, just awfully painful. 
About the coronation scene : Wang Go was nowhere to be seen, same for El Curly, yet they were present in the coronation scene in the first episode. It is paradoxical, especially for El Curly, since he is with Eagle House and is working under Golta, along with El Plague. So logically, he should not be there. By now, the writers may have realized that it was not a good idea to show Wang Go and Jo Cham (especially JC), at the coronation back then in episode 1. 
It was not hard for us viewers to distinguish the parts that were shot a long time ago, and the parts that have just been shot not so long ago. For instance, the parts where we see PBH, HongDan, and Taltal. 
Speaking of Park Bool Hwa and Hong Dan, i hope Seung Nyang can send them free by the end of the drama so they can go back to Goryeo (at least HD). But, given that they are not Goryeo people anymore, maybe they don't even want to go back there :/ And Taltal... he had that sad smile again during the coronation.
On a side note : Poor Seungnyang, she thought WY was dead and it lasted for 5 episodes. As soon as she found out he was alive, she saw him dead, this time for real. The exact same situation happened with Byul.I wanted to see Ayu's cute face in today's episode :( too bad we didn't get to see him.So what should we expect tomorrow ? - A super time jump ? TH's death ( 8-X ) ? Seung Nyang's death ( :-t  ) ? Taltal's death (oh no, writers you'd better not).There are still so many heads that need to be chopped off, so please leave these three alone. 

Guest bashful

ben1090 said: @larabn Thank you for welcoming me, even the drama has been approaching its end :).
@bashful I don't think TH is obsessed with SN anymore. Since @larabn mentioned about the cold stare TH gave while he walk into the temple, I think the stare doesn't look like TH loved her.I don't like his stare there, it just looked like he was forced to do that. I am expecting he will enter the room with tears in his eyes, and walk shakingly, and apply the medicines with tears and directly apologised to her for what she had been through. Although, I still don't think it is enough for SN to forgive him, but, it will be much better than what we have seen in ep 49.
@Nayuki Tran I agree with you. I dont like the way the writers make SN madly in love with him, and just obey and accept him, after all of the things she had been through. I feel like the SN I see today, is not the same SN that I've been admiring since the 1st ep. I know people may say, we didn't have much episode left to that and so on, but at least, they can do something to make my SN characters consistent since she is the main lead. I thought TH said before that he don't care even if SN riddled with him, as long as she always there by his side. How come the writers make him so inconsistent and acting like this? Huhuhu... sorry because I am so dissappointed and painful watching this drama since ep 40-ish.
And the stare he gave at the end of ep 49, oh, I feel it is really scary. If I am SN, i will run away :)). From my view, if TH still love SN, he will not stare her like that, rather, he look at her with tears in his eyes, then he will look hurt. I thought people in love, rather than hate, when his or her partner do something bad, he or she will feel hurt. That's what I see from SN's eyes whenever, TH do something hurtful to her. TH's stare looks like he hate and want to get revenge to her. Sorry, I never in love before so, I dont actually know that :\">
You know, this is my first time watching HJW's movie or drama, where she madly in love with a guy like this, while the guy not that actually appreciate her after all the things she had done. Maybe, this is the most hurtful HJW's character that I've been seen. Thanks again @pegster for your support to our SN  ;)

Wow, this episode was hard to take.  Even though we saw it coming, actually watching it become reality was difficult. :(

So much has already been said about the scene, but I'd still like contribute my feelings. Putting aside history, whatever is realistic to happen during that time period, or whatever reason was given to protect SN's status, it was just hard to watch the good guys die - especially when getting to know their characters after 50 episodes. And as a viewer, I'll have to admit that it may be hard for me to be completely happy if TH and SN find any happiness/glory in their time remaining knowing that some good people died in the process.  The writers really know how to break my heart. =((

Actually I'm watching EP 50 with C-subs right now, and it's not as bad now.
I can better understand why TH thought he had to kill WY.  It's pretty much in line with what some of us had been saying, get rid of all those who know the secret to secure Ki's safety.  
I'm going to repeat this again, TH did everything he did in the last episode or 2 with a clear mind (with the exception of GT giving him that poison presently making him go to sleep and slowly lose his memory).  He was not drugged.  How can a drugged TH think of hiding the secret for everyone, plan to meet Cruella outside of the palace to confirm, then kill her.  Then plan to kill WY and try to hide it from Ki? 
He now understands Ki's pass sufferings, so he is trying to protect, maybe not with the right methods in the eyes of most, but he is trying to protect her. 
TH did say something after he killed Cruella that makes you think that he really doesn't want to kill WY, except in his mind, that's the only way to protect Ki.

I'll start on the translations after I'm done watching the episode fully.

@CherKell do u have any idea if this is the only CF North Cape will release?and can i really say i didn't expect them to show us a preview for the last episode,most of the time they don't show it for the last one to make the anticipation even bigger..and 'em i the only one who felt that the coronation felt so short(i know it's filmed first )but even so i wanted a little more :xand curious why did Th told WY in the first ep SN saved his life when he was the one who saved theirs and by that Th gave him back his throne(as reward for saving his life as he addmited WY saving him and being grateful in his conversation with Sn after they came back from killing DK)i think this one they played it wrongoh and DK was hard to kill for real,it took 3 men aka SN-WY-TH to send him to hell 

Guest gerryd

I should have realized the director for Empress Ki is the same as Dr. Jin. I predict the ending will be like Dr Jin, this director likes action sequences alot. There will be the fighting in the palace, then the Ming will rebel and take back Yuan, Everyone Flees , TN dies and Ayu becomes King and SN falls off a cliff and ends up in a hospital in Seoul. She gets dressed up goes to the empty palace and has an imaginary conversation with Wang Yu.. Then we get a photo montage and a brief historical text on the screen of what happened.

Miky88

said:

@CherKell do u have any idea if this is the only CF North Cape will release?and can i really say i didn't expect them to show us a preview for the last episode,most of the time they don't show it for the last one to make the anticipation even bigger..and 'em i the only one who felt that the coronation felt so short(i know it's filmed first )but even so i wanted a little more :x