[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@Miky88 - Agree, you would think TH would remember that Ki was the one who removed Maha from the Palace and sent him away...but I'm losing hope that TH will recover from whatever drugs he's been slipped.  :-w
I've still got a few pages to read, I was almost 17 pages behind! O_O

Rinchan's recap for last week is up! HERE

How about some potential (happier) scenes, well maybe not for all EK fans, but for some. 
Since the coronation is expected to happen in EP50, and it does specify in the text preview that TH will leave to kill WY while Ki is sleeping, that clearly means they're in bed together. 
Which brings me to hope that there will be a proper wedding night scene for the two. 
Although it's not their 'first' night, but it is their wedding night, it's their first night officially as 'husband' and 'wife'. They've made such a big deal with TH's first nights with his last two Empresses, even though nothing happened, it would be ridiculous to not show a proper wedding night scene for Ki and TH. I mean, Ki is the one and only woman who TH truly wants to have as his Empress, it's a big event for them to just skim over it.

I think the whole confrontation thing will happen before the coronation scene, otherwise why would ta hwan says that nyang saved your worthless skin to wangyoo in the beginning? Unless I've missed something. And one more thing, is that ta hwan wearing a black cloth over his face? Was he trying to expose golta?

@valsava‌ Yeap I know, I saw the comment but I didnt reply to it, until she said she did it on accident, its just the way she write it was pretty extreme. Empress ki. Don't want to get an off topic again for not mentioning empress ki lol

@EstelleH,...Girl don't let these people push your buttons.. 
I also think that everything will happen before the coronation of Ki.. 
@pegster, Hi.. Sorry to cut your post....

Although it's not their 'first' night, but it is their wedding night, it's their first night officially as 'husband' and 'wife'. They've made such a big deal with TH's first nights with his last two Empresses, even though nothing happened, it would be ridiculous to not show a proper wedding night scene for Ki and TH. I mean, Ki is the one and only woman who TH truly wants to have as his Empress, it's a big event for them to just skim over it.

If Th do this I would be highly disappointed if I was Ki you get out bed on our wedding night to go and kill my Ex.. Please grow up.. What Wy have to do with you having the women you say you love.. Th pulls something like Ki should never sleep with him again but this is the palace so Th wouldn't miss any chance to sleep with her.. Also from then on I guess everything Ki do from this point is for the sake of Ayu..     

@EstelleH,....
If your not talking about the drama it self you will get and off topic.. Also when posting your comments you have to mention at least the characters name in your comment's and every post..
So on this note there's only two Ep left for Empress Ki what will you be doing afterwards I already have something to replace Ki with it just comes on sat and sun. 
I can't believe what I read in Pegster post about Th getting out of bed on his wedding night to go and kill Wy... Our poor emperor I guess he will never get a grip on life as being the crown.. Th has is priorities all out of whack..    

@valsava‌ Oh believe me girl, most of my posts I've mentioned if not nyang, I'd say something about ta hwan lol it's all good though, I know right, so many new dramas are coming out, I'd like to watch the one that tal tal will be in though. Yeah he need to find himself a psychologist , poor thing it's all dowager fault.

If we can go by the preview...which sadly usually we can't LOLI would say that TH seems to be more in damage control mode rather than jealous rage.I mean, really, the juiciest line from his long overdue confrontation with WY is "SN will die if you don't die"?Like, precisely which episode of the previous 49 did SN NOT in danger of being dead? :DHow is that supposed to reel us into watching the episode more than, let's say, "I will kill you because you impregnated my Nyangie?" :-??

diana76 .  I read both of your opinions and you both do have valid reasons for your stance.I think it's just the fact that everybody has different things that appeal to them. It's totally normal and understandable that TH is a sock to @everypart but a jewel to @palilsan =))I mean can you imagine what's gonna happen to this world if for example the only fruit that everybody wants to eat is banana? ;)

Guest critics

@tessieroo said:  It crossed my mind that one of the main reason TH will be furious about Maha (beyond the jealousy issue) is he might think Ki planned it all along. (ie-had a baby w/the Goryeo King, brought him into the Palace to make him Emperor thereby giving Goryeo more power) OR worse - he'll think Ki and WY planned the whole thing! (They conspired to plant Maha in the Palace and make him Emperor thereby giving Goryeo more power) Ugh, things might get uglier. 
I do hope that if TH will really think about this MH's conpiracy thing was planted by SN & WY, he will also be reminded that in the first place, it was SN who was so against MH being crowned as prince for Ayu's sake and later on she was the one who revealed MH's birth secret despite knowing that it endangered her son's life after being exposed.  Unless until now, he is still continuously drugged by GT then your thought might probably be TH's way of thinking.

Guest avocado1430291863

In my opinion Sn has already paeha's wife in the time she became concubine...actually they can share their first night together when Ta Hwan called for her after that..but SN at that time still hasn't any intention ti do that and use that time to tell about vow letter...and they did their first bed together after Sn intended to do it first just like Ta hwan said he would wait for her embraced him first

And now,she will promoted into empress position...the mother of nation, so i think the different now is the power and right that she has...But i still expect to watch their first night together after she get coronated,because in the palace there is rule and custom about that

Well i just hope that the storm that we see in the preview happen before coronation, so they can share another beautiful ohlala after solve all misunderstanding between them...kekeke

Guest kiyokotsubasa

I really can't believe that today is the last sunday when i'll get to say :"tomorrow is monday aka Empress Ki Day"

@yoonmi66 - Thanks for the text and video previews!  ^:)^  What on earth is TH saying - "if I don't kill you, Yangi-ah will die"??? What? Can we use lines that make sense, writers?  :-w
@rinchan76 - You bring up a good point (about lack of communication between TH and SN) but what's strange is that TH had no problem during most of this drama expressing to her how he feels. Suddenly (when he began seeing the fake letters, being drugged and/or listening to whispers) he closed down and is no longer "chasing" her. Which is a huge disappointment for most of us. I want my lead characters to love each other unconditionally, through thick/thin and no matter what comes up. Unfortunately there are few dramas written that allow that - there is always some stupid "misunderstanding" to alter the relationship. 
@everypart - Most likely the reason the writers choose to show that Ki does love TH is because in true history - they were married for over 30 years? Just a guess. (they're trying to shove in as much "true" history as they can) 

Bayan.jpg

valsava said:
Calm down this thread has a free speech policy.. Let them say what they like what I do is not respond to those people regarding their hatred for Th.. I being a bigger person just as you know that this is only a drama and why take it to that level.. 

@tessieroo The difference between the time when he chased her around and was open about his feel vs. when he first found the letters is that when he chased her around being open about his feelings, he did not have her. He was chasing after her and trying to woo her with his sincerity. However after he was successful, he was on his Nyangi high, and he was happy, and it doesn't hurt to be expressive about that. Even if they had those little spats he was not really in danger of losing her, the situation amounted to being petty but not really a major threat. After all the one time they were separated after they made things official, she just told him she needed time. 
However when those letters showed up, now it seemed fit that he would exercise caution. For TH, WY is a legitimate threat, he knows that SN had a relationship with him and he is capable of rekindling her feelings. Also if in those letters, there was always nonsense like WY saying he remembers the promises SN made to him, about TH having her body but WY having her heart, he either does not want to be the catalyst that makes it happen, just in case it wasn't true, as if he put the thought in her head, or he does not want to confront the reality that everything he has with her is built on a lie. One of TH's problems is that he has a hard time confronting reality, hence he turns to alcohol. His problems began to start when he started doubting SN and the sincerity of her feelings. This is where he begins to see her change, although it is he who has become different. 
In TH's brain the bare schematic is that SN is someone who is precious and he needs her around him, she lets him forget his loneliness, WY is an interloper and TH is the only one standing between a possible SN and WY reunion. Keeping quiet about the letter keeps SN safe from political enemies because if the wrong person were to find out, it would be her head. And he is also acting as a barrier, however his fear of losing her is aggravated by the letter, drugs and booze. This barrier is basically being battered.

I too am curious about the whole. it is either SN dies or WY dies bit. Is this following the train of thought TH had when they tried to implicate SN being involved in the whole selling goods to the enemy ordeal. At that time TH thought the solution was to kill WY, and of course SN came to save him. It's not gonna be deja vu right?