[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

palilsan said: @everypartYes, we have differing opinions on Ta Hwan. I guess it depends on how you define maturity. If maturity means not having any insecurities or at least being able to hide them then Ta Hwan is not mature because he still coping with them. I disagree that Ta Hwan has not grown. Ta Hwan has changed a lot from the unconditional lovestruck puppy for Seung Nyang.  A few episodes back after the governors ask for WY’s release and their confrontation afterwards, he asked how she got the backing of the governors and she replied it was WY that helped her fund it. He said you did not believe in me and told her her to get out. He actually stood up for himself where the old Ta Hwan would have just taken it. He also surprised SY when she gave him the ultimatum of her or Baekhan and he said both or neither.
He has tried to become more independent, unfortunately being saddled with an addiction to alcohol, being drugged and lunacy, as well trusting the wrong people around him, his attempts have been severely hampered. I would not call it immature for trying. In fact I think he’s gone far from immature to sadly a more darker, scarred person. His reactions to situations considering the condition he is understandable in a sense. This is not an excuse for his behaviour but part of the makeup of his character currently. Maybe he’s not worth your time, that is fine. Then there is no need to discuss him any further. As for me, I still have hope for his character and am rooting for him to work through his demons whether brought on by himself or others. I’m not willing to give up on him nor his relationship with Seung Nyang and the love they have for each other. Ta Hwan is what is keeping my interest going in this drama and I understand that may not be your reason.

Translation of Preview(sorry i am not that good)TH:Is it right that Maha is Gwibi and WY's son?Lady Soh:Yes,it is rightBS:If emperor dies ,Gwibi will be weak.........(sorry can't this part)SN:Peha,you can't kill Wang YuWang yu you muat escape!TH:i must kill you(WY),if you won't die,Gwibi will.

When i saw this old link a while ago -http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQ5MzUxMjA0.html?x though it is but only a portion of the real bts, i realized that no matter how much we air our differing opinions about the absurdity or the beauty of this drama for its entire run, I don't think we can take lightly the pain that everyone in this drama endured. And as it ends, maybe it is but fair that we cheer all of them on rather than bash the other cast to no end. Peace, everyone!

I am so happy to finishing this drama. So happy for my most favorite actress Ha Ji Won to have this amazing saguek under her belt. And she again showed her amazing chemistry with male leads. Fighting Ha Ji Won. Hope no ones dies on me for the next 2 days on Empress Ki.

So the question might be,TH going to WY and confront him is before the coronation or after..i see it as before...and if it is we now know that she will make TH step back and so Th telling WY in that day that she saved his life...and hoping Ki will clear some misunderstandings between her and Th in concern of WY as well at that momentand the rat will be like the last man standing or what!!!and Ha Ji Won looks soooooooo beautiful,can't get bored watching her :x

everypart said: palilsan said: @everypartYes, we have differing opinions on Ta Hwan. I guess it depends on how you define maturity. If maturity means not having any insecurities or at least being able to hide them then Ta Hwan is not mature because he still coping with them. I disagree that Ta Hwan has not grown. Ta Hwan has changed a lot from the unconditional lovestruck puppy for Seung Nyang.  A few episodes back after the governors ask for WY’s release and their confrontation afterwards, he asked how she got the backing of the governors and she replied it was WY that helped her fund it. He said you did not believe in me and told her her to get out. He actually stood up for himself where the old Ta Hwan would have just taken it. He also surprised SY when she gave him the ultimatum of her or Baekhan and he said both or neither.
He has tried to become more independent, unfortunately being saddled with an addiction to alcohol, being drugged and lunacy, as well trusting the wrong people around him, his attempts have been severely hampered. I would not call it immature for trying. In fact I think he’s gone far from immature to sadly a more darker, scarred person. His reactions to situations considering the condition he is understandable in a sense. This is not an excuse for his behaviour but part of the makeup of his character currently. Maybe he’s not worth your time, that is fine. Then there is no need to discuss him any further. As for me, I still have hope for his character and am rooting for him to work through his demons whether brought on by himself or others. I’m not willing to give up on him nor his relationship with Seung Nyang and the love they have for each other. Ta Hwan is what is keeping my interest going in this drama and I understand that may not be your reason.

Guest lorac

@pegster said: "The issue is, I'm worried sick about what the writers will do in the next episode, so I'm preparing myself for the worst."
Ah, I'm so thankful to know I'm not alone. Why is knowing that we are not alone comforting? My apprehension and the anxiety of many others watching Empress Ki stem from different sources, but ultimately coalesces in a unified collective "worry."
My mantra has not changed, "Don't kill my king," but it's filled with dread these days.

While everyone is all concerned about whether TH is going to chase after WY before or after the coronation, if Ki will make it in time to save WY, will WY die, how will WY die, consider the text preview and the novel.
The text previews have generally been pretty accurate in outlining the sequence of events.  In the novel, TH does kill WY.
I know the drama hasn't really been following the novel, except for the major events, even if it means moving the events around to happen at different times.  I'm just saying, brace yourselves if the worst does happen.  Be prepared, be very prepared!
Saw this on HJW DC.
14033769142_d9174d48cf_b.jpg

Notice JJM in the back.
Looking at this, plus the earlier instagram post HJW made, I'm guessing this might be a dream sequence.  The question is, is this Ki's dream, or TH's dream.
In the past we have had Ki dream about WY getting killed by DK, but we've also had many dreams from TH depicting his insecurities and fears.  Could this be the dream that triggers TH to kill WY?

@critics,.....Hello Chinggu....
Thanks for your warm words.. Sorry I didn't respond to you yesterday I was out celebrating Pre Birthday get together.. For today is the day.. I had a night out with girlfriends and male strippers.. It was a hoot..
@pegsters,......Hi.......I don't think Sn trust anyone especially when it comes to Th she's knows he could be wishy washy at times.. Look at how he let her down regarding her fathers matters so her trust issues with him I don't think they was ever their for her to him..

@EstellH,......Hello My Good Chinggu.....
.Apparently that person meant to post it on wanyang forum, but accidently posted on this forum instead, but Either way it was extremely rude and harsh of that person. The level of hatred towards ta hwan from that single person had exceed to the maximum.
Calm down this thread has a free speech policy.. Let them say what they like what I do is not respond to those people regarding their hatred for Th.. I being a bigger person just as you know that this is only a drama and why take it to that level.. 
@SamShopWatch,....Hello......
Let`s enjoy the last two episode and hope theres no one will die except the villain.There's only two villians left to die for me and that's Ed and Golta I was thinking Cruella the maid but with these two gone she's harmless with no power and no one to work with..

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Hahaha ! While waiting for Monday, i always go check empresskifandomfeels on tumblr and never get disappointed :)
Image previewSuch a delulu pic', but i like it ^^ LOL this time he actually did say this (meaning to tell her about WY of course). But even the Talnyang shipper that i am never thought of it this crazy way xD 

tessieroo said:It crossed my mind that one of the main reason TH will be furious about Maha (beyond the jealousy issue) is he might think Ki planned it all along. (ie-had a baby w/the Goryeo King, brought him into the Palace to make him Emperor thereby giving Goryeo more power) OR worse - he'll think Ki and WY planned the whole thing! (They conspired to plant Maha in the Palace and make him Emperor thereby giving Goryeo more power) Ugh, things might get uglier. :-S

Guest lorac

"I'm just saying, brace yourselves if the worst does happen.  Be prepared, be very prepared!"
Geez pegster, thanks for easing my mind! Might as well go watch Bichunmoo because I KNOW how that ends, but somehow that ending feels more fitting that having "Mr. Bratty Pants" put an end to a most noble person's life.

@tessieroo U are right as many more who said that Commandar Ki was sadly the scraping goat of this whole conspiration plan ..i think SN was more hurt by Th because of his betrayer and later on understood and forgave him...that's how i see it at least...(things aren't nor black nor white)...I also thought some time ago that Th will might think that SN was with WY knowing the whole time about Maha origin and letting him be the crown Prince for their own good and Goryo more...if Maha becamed the Emperior he might as well say in some that Goryo could control Yuan in the shades but now i hope he won't think like that because he doesn't have the reasons...he knows about TN doings with Maha,SN not being such a horrible women to leave or give it to TN watsoever and SN made Maha leave the Palace...i really would hope SN would have a moment and tell him what really happened that day with Lady Park and understand the horror she went...also seeing how SN was all worried about WY not dying is curious ,hope she doesn't act the same in the presence of Th because it makes things even worse...u can't condamn the guy if he goes crazy in some way if she would react like that in front of him or like how she did in front of TT...
and can we kill at last the horrible Rat,he did so many horrible thing yet he is still free and breathing,i want his heaaaaaaaaad!(he destroyed so many lives and was the main in our trio as well)