[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Looks like episode 51 is a real episode and not a special.

Credit: DCinside

3023123964_51c973bb_image.jpg

@ChelseaS The prisoners must be Golta and his crew, one of the people in black is the palace guard that is his second hand man. It's the hair.

I hope TH doesn't go apesh*t over this like he did with BY.

She's probably talking to TT, since he's the only character left that lets his loose that can talk to her face to face like that.

Looks like we will be able to see her as an Empress for 2 episodes.

There are 3  super men around Ki

WY helping her fighting with her enemies  far from palace

TT helping her fighting with her enemies  around palace

TH gave her a title EMPRESS

WY got a boy , TH's same hopefully later after drinking too much TH got stroke .... TT would .....???? :) :) another Palace 's story !!! who  knows ?? :)

Guest JezzaG

tieuyeunu

said: If we are going to ignore history and just make up the ending we want...

What happens in my imagination...LONG POST ahead.

TH goes after WY, Ki finds out and goes after him, TT finds out and chases after them. TH is ambushed by Golta and gang, WY sees and comes to save him.

They manage to kill Golta but WY is hurt in the process. Golta goads TH before his death that Ki and WY has always been in contact and one day, she would return to WY's side.

In anger TH goes to kill WY but is over powered by him, WY remembering all TH has done to him and his people goes to strike him, Ki comes in time and shoots WY in the shoulders. Hurt he ask if she really means to kill him to save TH, Ki begs him to let it go because she doesn't want to kill him but she will not let him kill TH, TH is her husband, the father of her son and the man that she loves.

WY knowing he has no way left since his throne has been given to someone else and TH had already released orders for him to be killed if he ever set foot in Korea again, goes to strike TH, Ki shoots him and he smiles as his life slowly ebbs from him, memories of the good times with Ki flashes before his eyes..

to their last good bye...

ending with the last image of her waving him goodbye...the last time he still had a right to love her.

Shocked at what she had done, Ki goes over to the dying WY. Trying to usher her tears she looks down at him.

With the last of his strength he smiles and tells her "Don't blame yourself, this is the path I have choose."

Allowing his tears to fall he continues "I...regretted leaving you behind."

Ki watches as WY finally succumbs to his injuries and leaves the world.

Unable to cry for him, Ki stands shell shock. TH having witness what she has done, comes over to embrace her, finally accepting that Ki had chosen him over WY.

TT arrives and sees the scene, he orders the rest of WY's men to take his body and never come back.

Ki and TH returns to the palace, TH is in a happy mood but he realizes Ki is upset. He questions her if she regrets her actions, she tells him truthfully that she would have done the same thing again if she was in the same position but is disappointed that he had forced her into such a position.

"WY wasn't just a man I had once loved or a King to me. He was a friend, a comrade and my savior, he had saved me as a child from prostitution, as a woman from the lecherous hands of DK. It was I that had turned my back on him first, what I owed him was more than what I could repay in this life, but your mistrust has forced me to kill that man."

TH hugs her tight, tears streaming down his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I was so afraid of losing you, so afraid of being left behind, being left out that I couldn't see your sincerity. Since young, all those around me only loved me because of my position, I knew that, I knew that very well, and I was okay with it, I could live with that lie, because I was someone not worth loving if I wasn't the crowned prince. When I was exiled, I was abandoned by all of them, but I met you, for the first time in my life, I knew what being truly cared for meant. You were my first and only true friend and the only person I wanted to be sincerely loved by. I selfishly wanted to be the only person in your eyes, your thoughts, your heart that everything you cared for outside of me tormented me. I wanted to rid them all, I didn't realized in my quest I had neglected you see you standing before me. I will never doubt you again."

Ki now crying hugs him back.

One year later, ED has been removed from the palace due to her hand in assisting Golta. Ki goes to the temple where Byul's tablet is kept, she meets Bang again, whom although angered has come to accept the fate, he tells her he has come for Byul's ashes to be returned to Korea to be buried with WY. Today is the 1st death anniversary for WY. Taking out the hairpin from long ago, she returns it to Bang and ask for it to be buried with WY and Byul.

"What I owed him in this life, if there is reincarnation, I will repay him in the next."

Watching him leave, Ki allowed herself to cry for WY, Byul and the life she could have had for the last time. With this, she will finally say good bye to a man she once loved, a child she treasured and a love that she had buried deep inside.

Years pass, TH is now sick and on his death bed. Ki sits besides him, when everyone has left and only the two of them where left, TH took the courage to ask the question he never dared to.

"In all the years we were together, did you once, even for a moment, loved me?"

Taking his hand in hers, she smiled through tears.

"I love you. I never meant to love you, when I returned to the palace that first time, I was driven by revenge, my heart had turned to stone and shattered, there was a hole where my heart was suppose to be, I don't know how or when it started but you had somehow filled up that void with your warmth and came into my cold heart and gave it life. I love you, I've been loving you for so long."

TH smiles at her, squeezing her hand tight.

"I'm sorry I didn't see it. Thank you for loving me."

Ki rest her head on his shoulders, TH stroke her cheek as they lay there, bath in their mutual love for each other. With that TH passes away, finally happy and assured he was someone that was loved in his life.

Years pass, Ayu has taken the throne and proven himself to be a capable leader, TT had left the courts due to internal fighting, the young King was more then capable of handling the issue and TT didn't want to be a burden on his king.

The war had broken out and their forces are being pushed back. Ayu urges Ki to retreat with him back to the North, Ki refused and told him she will only slow him down, she asked him to leave without her, there was some place she needed to be. Leaving HD and Eunuch Park with her, Ayu takes his troops and retreats to the North.

Ki returned to the mountainside where the Korean maids were buried, where her fate had changed. HD and Eunuch Park asked her where they should go now, Ki smiled sadly.

"Where can we go? We are no longer Korean, we are not Yuan and not Han. We are people of the wind, we will go where the wind takes us."

"Then let me walk this last journey with you."

A deep voice rang from behind, Ki turned around, TT was standing behind him, dressed as a simply scholar. TT smiled that mysterious smile of his.

"I knew you would one day come here, when you have tire and assured of his majesty's position, you would leave and come here. I...have been waiting."

"Master, I'm glad you waited"

Ki gave him a warm smile as she turned to head down the mountains, HD and Eunuch Park following closely behind, with TT walking besides Ki.

THE END.

EP 50 Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWZ9bQd5YL8&feature=youtu.be

TH: Is MaHa really Gwibi and WY's child?Seo: Yes, that's true.
YBS: Once the Emperor dies, Gwibi is nothing!Jang: You want a rebellion!YBS: Because the Emperor is already a fast dying man (I think this means his health/body)
SN: Paeha...Wang-Yoo gong you can't die.  You must escape it!
TH: I can only kill you.  If you don't die, Nyangyi will die.
(Translations from Korean to Chinese credit Baidu poster)

Guest linhcao

pegster said: EP 50 Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWZ9bQd5YL8&feature=youtu.be

TH: Is MaHa really Gwibi and WY's child?Seo: Yes, that's true.
YBS: Once the Emperor dies, Gwibi is nothing!Jang: You want a rebellion!YBS: Because the Emperor is already a fast dying man (I think this means his health/body)
SN: Wang-Yoo gong you can't die.  You must avoid it!
TH: I can only kill you.  If you don't die, Nyangyi will die.
(Translations from Korean to Chinese credit Baidu poster)

Guest avocado1430291863

Yeah..I hope it happen before the coronation..so in the coronation they have settle all of the problem and misunderstanding..and let it be a good ending scene ( I hopee...)
Note: they still  don't show the coronation scene in the preview, so i hope the text preview is wrong...or maybe the writer will change the plot again after the rant from viewers...hehehe...

Guest ravendark

behind the scenes photo from a fan

10262130_280643522096404_635649721879987

I wonder who EK is talking to? And who are the prisoners?

Cr: EK DC

Prisoners seems like golta and guard.

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Some BTS pictures. I don't know if it was already posted.(sorry if it was)

10310626_284527295055894_595580839795768
10264404_284527338389223_305966315737925
10295791_284527351722555_224062778984645
10001346_284527328389224_803354404339416
credits to Baidu.
As bright and grandiose as the coronation may seem at first, you can tell, especially regarding the first episode and episode 50's preview, that the event was in fact kind of gloomy and tension was in the air.A tragic ending is on the way... we'd better prepare ourselves.
By the way, thank you guys for the preview. I can't believe Tahwan went to Lady Seo to confirm MH's identity. It is just double torture, self destruction... and with this information, he only knows a little part of the story (because Lady Seo only knows the facts, not the "why" and the "how").  Since TH probably won't immediately tell SN that he knows the truth, he'll never get to know about her struggles and her sacrifices that brought her back to the Imperial Palace (erasing her past + the whole real story of Byul).
EDIT : Now i'm starting to have doubts... Is El Plague ever going to die ? :o

Guest linhcao

we are obsessed with EK, arent we?. all of us analysed any detail, any single emotion of characters, rewatched preview many times? getting crazy nowby the way, in BTS pictures above,  ED, GT, YBS want a rebellion in the coronation, how they dare? coronation is what i have been waiting for a long time

WY's not going to die, the coronation hasnt happened yet.

On the plus side, instead of taking it out on WY and Ki, TH is trying to protect her instead, maybe he really has changed for the better.

Edited: I just realized TH is in his armor, the one that there was a BTS photo showing him at war and we were disccussing the red turban rebellion, this might very well be the scene.

TH and WY might work together and fend them off.

I'm a bit worried for Ki though, she's not in armor and has no weapons on her, she also only had one guard with her. She looks awfully nice in that get up. They must of realized how much prettier HJW looks with her hair let out.

Guest ravendark

@pegster‌ and @tieuyeunu‌ loved both ending :) prefer urs to writers tbh. I ll not be here on Monday so ill be only able to read ur rcaps afterwards:) Fingers cross that ending will be similar what u imagine.

Guest critics

@Katrina Abdul Talib said:  i suppose golta is the most worst of them all. He`s a perfect backstabber along with guksu the bodyguard. At least BA and ED never hide their true intention.
SN is right, living at the palace is more like a battlefield. Needs alot of strategy and full of mindtrick to strugle on. 
@SamShop Wat said:  I wonder how they gonna reveal him as the ML and how he poisoned TH the past 5 years with drug also the fake letter his been sentGuys, don't worry!  There are CCTV cameras installed everywhere at Yuan Palace especially at TH's quarter for sure everything shall be revealed soon using those footages as SN's evidence against GT & co.  :D  joke - peace!

i hope TT already suspects Golta as a villain, especially after hearing him portray the "devil on BA's shoulder" by encouraging him to kill SN even in front of TH, and seeing him eyeing him, BA, and their men in the palace suspiciously.  I really do hope TT doesn't let this matter slide and instead, do more private investigating of Golta's actions and his motives, especially since he's always near the Emperor, the person they all have to protect.

In the preview, when TH confronting Court lady seo, he seems more stable. also when he wanna kill WY, he's more like can think clear enough. So, all his crazyness can come from the drug and drunk behaviour. Even WY seems want to cry knowing that he has to died to protect SN lives. Maybe this scene that lead to the corronation scene when TH said that SN save WY unworthy live.
ED is really need to get out from the scene as quickly as possible. She should become nun right now since his husband (late emperor) already dead long time before TH father died. No wonder TN hate her so much :))