[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

petria said: I don`t understand why does El Terror like Wang Yoo.
I understand the epic side of that: respect you get from your enemy is a measure of your greatness.
But, El Terror personally doesn`t think much of virtues Wang Yoo represents: he himself doesn`t have them and he sure hasn`t nurtured his childrean in hat direction.
So, what is it? :-?

I understand the epic side of that: respect you get from your enemy is a measure of your greatness.
But, El Terror personally doesn`t think much of virtues Wang Yoo represents: he himself doesn`t have them and he sure hasn`t nurtured his childrean in hat direction.

@petria : This is my insight, it could be wrong, but I think that El Temur wants WY near him because he's intelligent and a great strategist, it's better to have a potential enemy near him than far from him.

@shaym : I hope hahaha, i remember when they did invite Han Ga In after the Moon that Embraces the Sun was finished.

@jeenee The way WY behaved towards SN did change, but I don't think he has forgotten how strong she is but instead he is being more chivalrous towards her. The way WY acts towards women is quite different from the way he treats men. You can see that by the way he did not jump to hug SN the first time they were alone in Yuan, but he did so before when he thought she was a man. WY does have a macho streak but this is in line with his character, which depicts a noble king who is dignified, honorable, and merciful towards his enemies.( or else that walking plague byeom soo would not be around still since they were in a fight to the death, so killing YBS would have been legitimate.) Also, I am sure WY has not forgotten how he felt when he thought SN was dead. I believe SN dying once is enough for him, and now it would probably be worse since he loves her more. However, I do feel that there is an element of machismo that comes into play. I recall when WY and SN were tied to that pole together and he thought that he could not believe he let a woman do all these things for him. This indicates that he has some preset ideas about gender roles and their accepted behavior , but in terms of his gentlemanly character and honor he does not want a woman to sacrifice her life for him, especially SN, since she is the woman he loves, and he really wants to protect her, regardless of her strength and ability. I believe that since WY is the way he is, he would try to protect her even if she is the strongest person in the world. What WY has taken for granted though, is that SN is not the type to just sit back and watch. SN is also aware of her capabilities, and she will want part of the action especially when WY is involved. (mind you she has a score to settle with ET) What I like about TH though is that he does treat her like an equal partner, but that may be because he sees SN as his only friend, and a source of strength. It is clear that he is getting her into something dangerous, but he never ordered her to do so. He asked and she willingly accepted, fully aware of the danger. Among other things, SN plays a key role to TH plans and she is his right hand man. However for WY he is the type to worry, and may not be able to effectively plan things out if he is worried about SN's role in anything. Let's look on the bright side. Although SN had to go through that torcher, WY's plan didn't seem to change much (but I need subs to confirm that though) he wanted ET to offer him a partnership and WY got that partnership based on a deal to free SN of all her duties, according to the talking cupboard. I honestly think this is fantastic news if it is true. With SN being free of her palace duties, she will no longer be serving TH tea, but then I assume she will go back to serving WY. I am curious as to what will happen next since WY still won't let her join the hunt, and will she be able to keep her palace maid room, which houses lady Noh aka the best clue so far. :-w

@petria : I agree with you, it seems off his character, so i'm hoping, there will be a twist that El Temur already know that it was WY who did all that, but frankly i doubt it, the way he looked at his son in episode 18, doesn't seem like he is aware of that :D

Guest kaeruchan

@petria

I have the same thought too...the way the camera suddenly went slo-mo and lingered on TH and SN's face right before she left him to meet the supposed Jeokho was like a hint that it would be their last encounter for the time being =(( Will she live outside the palace and don't have the chance to meet TH for the time being? I hope not....but it's possible. How can I watch TH without SN beside him? :((

At the same time, I'm also looking forward to the romantic development between SN and WY, so with them being together, that's a good thing for them after being separated for several episodes, or months if according to the plot :\">

Ah, I hate to see TH getting hurt but at the same time, I want WY to be happy too...*sigh* sad life of a fangirl who can't make up her mind on who to ship with SN! Can't she just have both? 8-|

I'm so addicted to EK that I dreamt about it last night. =))

About the last episode, do you think this is when SY will be kicked out of the palace? If yes, then I wonder how the Lady Noh story will play out. But, if she gets kicked out of the palace, I don't think she would want to be out for long if the main players are all in the palace!

There's something I've been thinking about since I learned about the sacrifice of WY. Does anyone think that this may cause a potential misunderstanding between WY and SN? Remember that WY does not tell SN his plans, if she learns that WY sided with EL (even if its only part of a bigger plan), will she lose some of her idealistic views towards WY? Will she be touched that WY did this for her or will she feel betrayed that she was ready to sacrifice her life for this cause only to find WY having ties with ET. Just a question, because I'm going crazy with the lack of preview that I am just ready to assume anything. :D

If SN gets kicked out of the palace, then the concubine arc is near! Looking forward to that!

petria said: @rinchan76 >:D< :-*

It`s far past midnight here, so I`ll try to be brief and, what`s more important, accurate, lol.
As I`ve already said, it`s hard to imagine development of the story. But, while I was watching last few episodes, I had a feeling that:
1) Ta Hwan and Nyang will soon be separated: all that poetry reading seemed like making memories :-<, so I expect to see some of those scenes, again and again, in the future while we-know-who will be missing we-know-who;
2) in the brothel, when Nyang was leaving, cadre was so strange, just Ta Hwan`s worried face in it, as if he was watching her for the last time :((

It`s likely that I`m wrong in particulars, but as to a "big picture", to paraphraze one of the Orcs from Lord of the Ring, the time of Ta Hwan has passed, the time of Wang Yoo has begun ;;)

Guest lindearist

Ooooooooohhh No Empress ki next week but the three leads will surely attend the awards night? Kyaaaaaa ♡ Ok I'm a bit contented now lol =D>

Morning everyone... After watching this week episode, I am proud of my Baby Emperor for finding a little courage to fight ET... Apart from that, he acknowledge SN by allowing her to help him...

Honestly speaking, I dont like it when WY thinks that SN need protection... IMO, SN has a strong character in comparison to the other character... My expectations here is more to "Iron Lady" rather than "Damsel in Distress"...

In other KDrama, the female lead always get the protections from the first & 2nd male leads... But this time, I wanna see it's the female lead who protects these MEN...

Sorry, I may sound sexist, but if the writer is still trying to show me the love angst and delaying the "Iron Lady" part, I'm gonna have a major big fit by stopping watching this drama for a while until the other characters in this series recognize SN's abilities..