[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest smoochysparks

petria said: S.O.S.  S.O.S. S.O.S.
 It`s Christmas in USA next Wednesday, isn`t it? Does it mean another subtitles-crisis, like during the Thanksgiving? @-)
Does anyone know? :)]

Guest smoochysparks

With regards to Ta Hwan's new look, I think that scene was just a flashback of how El Temur sent him out of the palace after the death of his father???

Ugh. Why cian't SN teach our puppy Emperor the alphabet already?! It kills me to see him staring so helplessly at the scrolls

:(

(

After watching the preview of Ep 17, here's what I'm thinking: what's up with the BANGS, TH? You looked so gorgeous as is... :-? ~X(

I don't think our baby emperor is illiterate. Remember he has to feign ignorance in order to survive. He is a member of the royal family they usually recv the best education. Again, i bliv our baby emperor has lots of secrets

ET said he had all those who

served

the prior Emperor killed. The crazy sheung gong (Lady Noh I guess) was just someone who the emperor slept with then promoted her to sheung gong.  ET either:

1. Didn't know about her
2. Thought that she was not close enough to the emperor to know enough to present a threat to him
3. He thought there is no need to kill her off since she's already gone insane

I think is likely #2.

I bet the head of the koguryo village is the former chief eunuch

did anybody realize (or is it just me?) that WY's method of provoking El temor is by risking lives. He knew and it was obvious that when el temor would have got the scroll, he would have investigated and we do see some innocent people getting tortured. Did WY had no regard to those innocent lives? His way of approaching things is harming people.

Guest Lyly1430292245

cacazeel said: did anybody realize (or is it just me?) that WY's method of provoking El temor is by risking lives. He knew and it was obvious that when el temor would have got the scroll, he would have investigated and we do see some innocent people getting tortured. Did WY had no regard to those innocent lives? His way of approaching things is harming people.

Lyly said: I'm also very curious about that. When I see many get tortured even though they know nothing about any "betrayal" plan in the last episode, I get kind of angry (yes they are characters of no significance to the story, but I don't like seeing people tortured for what they didn't do). It's not Wang Yoo's wish that others be harmed of course, but still, his actions did lead to that. I still wonder if his strategy works...

I'm also very curious about that. When I see many get tortured even though they know nothing about any "betrayal" plan in the last episode, I get kind of angry (yes they are characters of no significance to the story, but I don't like seeing people tortured for what they didn't do). It's not Wang Yoo's wish that others be harmed of course, but still, his actions did lead to that. I still wonder if his strategy works...

WY's plan with what he is doing right now is to create suspicion for ET on his own people. He wants to lead ET kill off his own legion as that is probably the most effective way to attack him.

Keep in mind the people ET are torturing and killing are his own people, his minions.

Why should WY care about Yuan people when his goal is better the living situation of Goryeo and his people.

Good catch. I'm guessing because they think she's crazy they don't take see her as a threat. Ive been wondering if maybe she is related to El Terror.  It was also interesting she tried to strangle SN. I know she crazy but go strangle Tanashiri or Lady Pak...hehehe 

Guest Lyly1430292245

pegster said:

cacazeel

said:

did anybody realize (or is it just me?) that WY's method of provoking El temor is by risking lives. He knew and it was obvious that when el temor would have got the scroll, he would have investigated and we do see some innocent people getting tortured. Did WY had no regard to those innocent lives? His way of approaching things is harming people.

1463052_236610039836763_1761655189_n.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

• Like 1

I really think the writers need to step up, starting with the next couple of episodes. Unless, they are expecting an extension, the pace has gotten really slow. The other dramas in that time slot, while not a direct threat yet, are also well received, and judging by the stagnating ratings for Empress Ki, they need to keep more viewers from jumping ship.

How many episodes do we have to watch SN be a maid, and watch TH try various childish tricks to try and get close to her. This is not Seung Nyang, the Adventures of a Spunky Maid in the Yuan Harem. It is Empress Ki. There are so many other stories to explore and by now, the Empress and Empress Dowager should already be clued in about TH’s feelings for SN.

Storylines (these are my guesses)
The Yuan Court finds out about the Emperor’s feeling for SN
SN is promoted to concubine
The Goryeo team solves the Blood Letter problem with the help of the "crazy" maid
The Emperor Stands up to Temur
Temur Dies
The Blood Letter & SN’s rebuff, causes DK to launch a coup
The Temur family is executed/exiled
The rise of General B
A New Empress is crowned
SN is promoted to Consort
General B becomes Power Hungry
Tal Tal jumps ship to supporting SN
The actual love triangle, not just the guys pining after her
Whatever makes SN sleep with TN, cause unless he forces her, something has to give
SN resolving her feelings for WY
SN becoming pregnant
The Birth of the Crown Prince
The Court Conspiracy against SN and the future CP
The crowning of SN as Empress Ki
The Emperor’s Death
The resolution of the Goryeo problem and why WY isn’t in the history books (most likely disappears to lead a simple life, with the older SN, former Empress Ki).

As you can see, there are many stories to be told, and even if they devote just 2 episodes to each, which is highly unlikely, they are already over the 50 episode mark.

After watching Episode 16..im starting to have withdrawals about the threat factor on Empress Ki.  If it is so simple for El Temur to just command a take over and kill TH what exactly is the point?  El Terror tried to have TH killed in Koryo but didn't succeed instead all he did was dethrone WY.  Then he brings him back to the palace and he lauds it over him that he could kill him anytime. So why does it matter about  the blood vow. I understand it has something to do with the court but if he can easily kill TH, he can easily kill members of the court.

WY was annoying in this episode. Yes, lets tell SN about the blood vow but make sure she doesn't participate in finding it. I don't like my SN in tears because of him after she has been pining away for his return. 

Poor poor, Bad Dangkise pining away for SN was tragic. They really should do a movie together where they aren't enemies. They would be steaming hot.

Something tells me SN will save TH yet again soon.  I was extra glad TH didn't kiss SN while she was sleeping. When the magic arrives, I want all her sense alive and well.

I love that,  I'm going to give you a beat down look SN keeps giving El Terror. That short man wielding soo much power. SN please put him in his place.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the end, the only thing that could protect love, was love itself

Crazy people aren't necessarily crazy 24/7.  I'm betting that the crazy court lady character will have some lucid moments and end up playing an important part in El Temur's downfall. 

Perhaps, she had to pretend to be crazy, in order to survive El Temur's purge of all the people who served the previous Khan.  And, she has the Blood Vow, which she has kept hidden all this time. But, she's showing up now because there are finally enough people, i.e. Empress Dowager, an adult TH, King of Goryeo, etc. with strength to fight El Temur.  :-?

Guest kenneth123

The reason why WY isn't in the history books is because he is remembered as a bad king so I doubt the reason was he lived a simple life but anyway you may be right about him runninh away with Sn in the end .. but that would be anti climactic he loves goryeo right... so if he will be leaving it for Sn in the end .. he should have done it earlier... not in the end if the story haha... I would rather see them all dead than to have that ending :)

pegster said: WY's plan with what he is doing right now is to create suspicion for ET on his own people. He wants to lead ET kill off his own legion as that is probably the most effective way to attack him. Keep in mind the people ET are torturing and killing are his own people, his minions. Why should WY care about Yuan people when his goal is better the living situation of Goryeo and his people.