[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest anjshin

petria said: Dearest @anjshin,
We have a moral obligation to serve as catalysts for all the anxiety on the thread.

So, today, you hit me first!
No need to restrain!
Just hit me!!!  >:/ b-( :))

Guest roshan90

With my 3 years of drama viewing ( I know its not that much) Cliffhangers became so important to me because
1. If its good It would make me go to the next episode..
2. If its sooo good It would make me think about it every now and then and also count the number of days and time of airing.. (I am sure everyone agrees with me in this.. kekeke)
By the end scene of the Cliffhanger, I know it for sure who the real OTP is, .. (It is the most important for me because at times I get confused who the OTP is.. This helps me a LOT)

TH - SN couple got more cliffhangers than WY - SN couple.. Why??
To confuse me Of Course..  ~X( ~X(

@anjshin - LOLZ !! your siggy line (Long Live El Temur!) totally cracks me up - awesome, awesome - A+ :)
And now...for my fellow TaHwannies (I'm not on any ship - I just love *my* chemistry with the Emperor) ;;)
#1) Hey there Good Lookin' ~ see how beautiful you are without guy-liner! Tres-hummuna-hummuna ~
kuvb.jpg

#2) How about we get your cordi to do some man-scaping on those pits, yes?Don't look so anxious - it'll only take a minute.
jeaw.jpg

.....AND ...for whomever was wondering if the Emperor was *commando* in the tub .... don't blame me for the screen cap, it was the best I could catch ~
4eag.jpg

Since several people are mentioning/listing songs with their posts: I was watching the kiss scene raw and listening to shuffle on Ipod -- Justin Timberlake's *Mirror* came on ....and it was PERFECT. try it. you'll like it.

@vu_hoa1983 well you would think TH could get some privacy in the bathroom  8-| , but the boy can't even get that all his private things, even his oohlala activities is monitored and moderated by ET and his family. Plus I thought that kiss was nicely packaged, it made  my day. 
Also I am happy to hear you are sticking around.    >:D<

sunshine4ever said: I guess it's rather nice to not strongly ship any ship since I can sail with any ship and not sink. The kiss underwater was beautiful done although some of you brought to my consciousness that it may seem like CPR (kind of agree, but can't help but think it's so sweet because TH looked so gentle and he was really trying to rescue her)  just like some of you brought up the kiss/bed scene between SN & WY. I am glad for everyone's inputs and discussions on these kisses. :D I guess it just means that SN has a lot of chemistry with both WY and TH, but everyone still has their inputs on the kisses.  I personally think the kiss underwater is better "seen" and "view" than the one done by WY & SN. But WY & SN's kiss was also very gentle. Just that I didn't register it well maybe because I'm not there yet.

With that being said, just hope that my comments won't offend any of you if you ship any guy with SN. I hope everyone will have fun and enjoy your ship! :) (I really will tell you later who I will like more between TH & WY. Although I wrote a message in some pages back stating that TH may appear as a coward, but I'm certain that he won't be at certain points/places and I don't think SN will marry TH if he was the man she first met him....so we will see...just hope the scriptwriter won't alter episode 1's beginning to something else later as the story progresses.)

*Will be back once I caught up with all of you, but please know that I've always been spoiled by you lol anyway*

Guest yummysushi123

Can't wait for the next episode................when is it gonna come?!? 
Why does it take so loooooooonnnnngggg!!!! (Bangs the table with two hands)
About how Dok Man suspected something weird about SN's pulse......does that mean she's pregnant or something?!?! :)

@yummysushi123 - RE: "About how Dok Man suspected something weird about SN's pulse......does that mean she's pregnant or something?!?!"
welllll ... usually it takes a back hug to ensure pregnancy, but since we got a pressed-lip-kiss combined with a fully clothed bed-scene, morning-after wake up --- WITH Arm Pillow ~ I'm gonna go with = yes.
sidenote: hate, hate....loathe... the love-child plot line - could flip some tables (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻    ---- but, what'ya gonna do? :-L

hello, wow you guys had a serious discussion
about the CPR Kiss, the TH-SN-WY ship and TN pregnancy
on a side note if TN was pregnant, she will lose the baby as somebody here said and forgive me for not remembering the members name
and will go snatch away SN's baby when she gives birth telling her her baby was dead
now the later part I'm sure off that TN will lie to SN telling her the baby died and take SN's away whether she is pregnant or not

as for the CPR kiss, it was well to save her only and TH didn't really do it to kiss her as much as provide oxygen but the PDnim was smart to make it happen in such an atmosphere and setting to make it look romantic and feel like a kiss ;)

@kaeruchan
thanks for the pics and recap :)
wow SN looks awfully tired in those pics and awwww that is sad and sweet although
she is going into hiding and is in an awful situation she is still wearing the hairpin...I don't know whether to smile or to feel sad :(

and dangkise will sure follow LP to kill her because his sister ordered him too and we know LP will die
but what scares me is that SN will be with her and when dangkise comes and finds SN will he waste a chance and let the little bunny go
nope...he will catch SN or try to kill her ....I don't know what creepy idea he will have then

yummysushi123 said: Can't wait for the next episode................when is it gonna come?!? 
Why does it take so loooooooonnnnngggg!!!! (Bangs the table with two hands)
About how Dok Man suspected something weird about SN's pulse......does that mean she's pregnant or something?!?! :)

Guest Ding Lin

As for the rating thing, I would like to say something since I am using statistics a lot for my job (and I really love reading numbers XD).  

You really have to be careful in interpreting the meaning of ratings.  Interpreting ratings by intuition 
could be rather dangerous and misleading.  

For example, someone mentioned that the underwater kiss got the highest rating last night. After viewing real time rating records of a few episodes, I discovered that the highest rated scene usually occurred right before 11:00 KST.  Sometimes, it happened to a scene without any significance.  For example,  the highest rated scene in Episode 5 was the scene where Jeombakyi had to go the restroom. LOL  Therefore, instantaneous ratings may be more closely related to time than the content of the scene. 

So,I was not surprised that the underwater kiss got the highest rating last night.  It could mean something..... or nothing. 

Anyway, when the relationship between variables (rating and scenes) is indirectly influenced by the third variable (time),  the third variable is called "confounding variable" in statistics, if anyone cares. I am attaching an explanation from Wikipidia for your information. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confounding

churasan

said:

There has been some debate whether the ratings go up or down during episodes where SN has certain romance scnes with TH or WY.  However, I wonder if those ratings are really specifically due to WHO she is paired with, rather than just the episode itself has more romance scenes in comparasion to other episodes that have more battle or political scenes.

After watching episode 21, I think the writers have given us a clue of how the road will lead to SN's eventual position as empress.

1.)  It seems in episode 22, the harem will help save her life.  Therefore, she is now indebted to them.  Since she is not one to forget her loyalities, it's obvious she will return to the harem of her own accord once Lady Park is in danger or if any of them are threatened by ET's clan. 

So she may need to give up being with WY (and I'm sure he will let her go since she is protecting Goryeo people).  That's how she'll end up with TH.

2.) If the above situation is the case, something needs to connect WY to SN if she decides to stay in the harem.  Otherwise, WY's character will lose it's relevancy if he has no relation to the main heroine of the story (and that can't happen because he is one of the main characters).  Therefore, I think that's why the writers might stick in the whole love child plot.  Once there is a child between them, there will always be some sort of relationship (whether it is romantic or not).

It's obvious that TH is so in love with her at this point, that I think he'll make any exception if she agrees to stay by his side.

I really have to say the writers are putting together the story nicely.  I don't mind the whole ping pong or love triangle thing.  It keeps me guessing and keeps the romance aspect exciting.

omo did I just post ED pregnancy :)) instead of TN pregnancy
that's nice :)) will there be an ED pregnancy since you all mentioned yesterday lord zhang :))

I am very excited for tonight's episode (I slept a lot this morning and afternoon while I am in class to prepare myself later hahhaha)... 'cause we will have the diagnosis of my little angel's pregnancy.. so please, Writer-nims! don't kill me from anxiety..

[-O

oh my...I came back to a battle ship...no matter, i don't either. Get back to politics SHOW!

After viewing todays episode, I'm actually more hyped now, even with the love child thing coming.

Disclaimer: I made this up so it's not a spoiler

I believe SN is pregnate and TH knows about, he decides to let her leave the palace to go look for WY instead of holding her there. LP helps her and is killed my DS on TS request. He will arrest SN and take her back to the palace. TH at this point will annouce SN's pregnancy as his child and save her life. It has been stated that killing a dragon baby is akin to treason. SN will be saved and made concubine. After witnessing the death of LP, whom had helpded her so much, she decides to once and for all fight the evil clan and stand at TH's side, also to save her child. WY will return and find her already married to TH, I believe he will know the child is his but SN will convince him that a child of their origin is less likely to continue to take in slaves and concubines, in a way that will save their country. WY who loves his country more then SN will have to let her go. SN will then break the hairpin to show her determination. WY remains by her side and together with TH they work to rid themselves of the evil clan.

I'm looking forward to how they are going to solve this, hopefully by putting an end to the constant back and forth and focus instead on the bigger picture.

Guest kaeruchan

adjani said: hmm, has anyone noticed how "great" the women are.. I mean, I noted the Empress stood at the side of the "Baby Emperor" upon the passing of the Emperor and stood against El Terror, even in this latest "failed" attempt to bring him down, she stood strong and protected the "boy/man" emperor. Then SY, she is at the center of both the lives of these men of history, having both saved and assisted, comforted and brought joy to them. She spurred them and supported them in some senses to seek their power pursuits. Even SN with her attempts to "assist" her father, brother and the 2 men again (of course mostly for vanity). The men all seem to "need" help in some sort of way :P Maybe its just the way the drama is carved out.... I am guessing that blood vow of a letter might also be with the "mad" woman :P ... but we shall see... 

@tieuyeunu
I like your scenario to the upcoming plot
it makes sense actually cause I was wondering when dangise finds SN with LP
what will happen and we know SN will return to the palace
although I think her return to the palace in the novel is through a different way
but they may make it that dangkise finds her captures her and gets back to that palace
but I don't think dangkise will give her to the palace just like that when she is within his hold there
he will make use of the situation to his advantage somehow I think, maybe send her somewhere else or lock her there I have no clue
but I think he won't just send her to be killed like that...or maybe he will cause he is full of surprises
but I'm guessing too that TH makes SN his concubine to help her and says that this is his child

larabn said: @tieuyeunu
I like your scenario to the upcoming plot
it makes sense actually cause I was wondering when dangise finds SN with LP
what will happen and we know SN will return to the palace
although I think her return to the palace in the novel is through a different way
but they may make it that dangkise finds her captures her and gets back to that palace
but I don't think dangkise will give her to the palace just like that when she is within his hold there
he will make use to the situation to his advantage somehow I think, maybe send her somewhere else or lock her there I have no clue
but I think he won't just send her to be killed like that...or maybe he will cause he is full of surprises
but I'm guessing too that TH makes SN his concubine to help her and says that this is his child