[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

What are we going to do when HJW goes off to the States!!! How long will we have to wait for her to return to Korea and pair up w/ JIS, HB, JCW etc...

I am here to revise the records that I posted.  As you have posted in the previous news articles, the finale of Empress Ki had the highest average rating in Taiwan (5.50).
However, the highest rating scene remains the same which is the death of ET (7.18). The average rating of the episode is 5.01. 

Ha Ji won will be arriving in Singapore tomorrow to promote "Empress Ki"! If you have any questions for her, post them on Starhub's Instagram account or tweet #askhajiwon :) You might be getting a personal reply from the gorgeous actress!

Rebby said:
Ha Ji won will be arriving in Singapore tomorrow to promote "Empress Ki"! If you have any questions for her, post them on Starhub's Instagram account or tweet #askhajiwon :) You might be getting a personal reply from the gorgeous actress!

EXCLUSIVE! Ha Ji Won in Singapore for Empress Ki 250914

Top Korean actress, Ha Ji Won, arrived Singapore for “Empress Ki” promotion on 25 September. She was greeted by around a hundred fans. Dressed in a black dress, fans screamed their cheers out the moment they saw her within the gates. Happy to see the warm welcome, the charismatic actress smiled, waved and bowed to her fans as she walked out of the airport.

Fans can catch Ha Ji Won in person at Plaza Singapura on this Saturday, 27 September, 5:00pm as the actress will be having a Empress Ki’s Meet-and-Greet session.

Empress Ki’s Meet-and-Greet Details
Date: Saturday, 27 September 2014
Time: 5:00PM
Venue: Plaza Singapura

“Empress Ki” is currently airing on VV Drama (Starhub TV channel 855), every Monday to Friday at 5.45 p.m. 

ha-ji-won-1-data.jpg

Credit to zoompi123 @ HJW soompi and http://www.upbeatz.net/2014/09/exclusive-ha-ji-won-singapore-express-ki-250914/

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Ha Ji Won 하지원 Attending Press Conference to Promote Empress Ki 기황후 @ Singapore

Credit to hajiwon kr

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"xinsmsn Interview with Ha Ji Won @ Singapore (26-9-14)

Credit to int1023
Ha Ji Won aka SeungNyang/Empress Ki talks about her co-stars (male leads) in EK drama  :x :x

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"[20140926] HA JI WON MEDIA CONFERENCE & INTERVIEW

Credit to HaJiWonHK1023
Video of HJW in Singapore promoting Empress Ki - a bit longer & combining both videos posted previously.

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Some flashbacks.....a nice fanmade video of Thorn Love (EK OST) which centered around the MAIN character of EK, ie SeungNyang/Empress Ki herself.  :x :x
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Empress Ki OST: Thorn Love #Ha Ji Wonhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkYeemW2Dcs
Credit to ARTS Koryo

class="entry-title" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"Excerpt from news coverage of HJW promoting Empress Ki in Singapore (just extract the article/paragraphs which related to Empress Ki - from the interview session with HJW).
class="entry-title" style="font-variant: normal; line-height: 1.4em; font-style: normal; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"
class="entry-title" style="font-variant: normal; line-height: 1.4em; font-style: normal; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"Ha Ji Won Shares Tips On Beauty, Diet And Exercise For Her Role In Empress Ki15376819495_83053cb5d0.jpg

Singapore, 26-27 September 2014 – Korean actress Ha Ji-won is in town for the telecast promotions of Empress Ki (奇皇后), a 51-episode historical drama which she starred in as the female lead. On preparing for her role as ‘Ki Seung-nyang‘ in Empress Ki, the actress expressed that the drama was the longest, yet one of her happiest involvements thus far.
15353824586_41c75ca467.jpg

Said Ha Ji-won, “I like action scenes. It’s definitely not easy for me since the drama involved many challenging action scenes throughout the filming.Horse-racing for example, was particularly difficult for both Ji Chang-wook and I. We had a horse-racing scene on a beach and this scene was filmed for close to 8 hours. We ended up with bruises all over, to the extent that we couldn’t walk properly for the next 3 days.”

As my role slowly transforms into an Empress in the drama, I also got to pick up elegant gestures that could complement the role of an Empress.”

Speaking at the press conference, Ha Ji-won talked about working with various actors including her Empress Ki co-stars Joo Jin-mo and Ji Chang-wook. She couldn’t name any particular actor when asked who she had the most chemistry with, “This is a very difficult question… To be honest, I enjoyed working with all of them so I can’t really point out on any one person.”

The actress further commented, “I have never worked with both Joo Jin-mo sunbae (“senior”) and Ji Chang-wook prior to Empress Ki, so this drama marks my first time working with them. Joo Jin-mo sunbae was being very considerate and kind, and he often lighten up the mood at the entire set which I really appreciated.”

As for Ji Chang-wook, the chemistry between us is really something that we do not exhibit that well initially because in the early scenes of the drama, there was a bit of bad interaction to build up the emotions between these characters. Later on as the drama developed, our chemistry turned out to be unexpectedly well, so I think Joo Jin-mo sunbae was a little surprised at the sudden acceleration of love between the characters.”

Ha Ji-won continued and added that both actors have their own charms, comparing Joo Jin-mo to the 'ocean' and Ji Chang-wook to ‘flowers' (probably owing to his flower boy looks).

When asked if she had any regrets on any particular scenes in Empress Ki, Ha Ji-won answered, “To be honest, I always put in my best on set. Human beings are not perfect and neither am I. I may have flaws here and there, but I definitely have no regrets on the projects that I’ve worked on. I know deep inside that I have put in my best effort in the roles I played.

We thank StarHub for the media invitation to attend Empress Ki press conference and Meet & Greet event in Singapore, where we met the gorgeous actress in person.

Be sure to tune in to Empress Ki (奇皇后) which is currently airing on VV Drama (StarHub TV Channel 855) & VV Drama On Demand (StarHub TV Channel 857) every Monday to Friday at 5.45pm.

Article by: Meixian
Press Conference photos by: Nicole & Meixian
Meet & Greet photos by: RongRong

Credit to http://hallyusg.net/2014/09/28/cover-ha-ji-won-shares-tips-on-beauty-diet-and-exercise-for-her-role-in-empress-ki/

15190321027_448ff130c8.jpg

Empress Ki Teaser Trailer (in Korea) - Flashback..

Watching these awesome trailers of Empress Ki from months ago, bring back memories. I miss this drama so much...especially SeungNyang/Empress KI....

Guest emkay77

Excerpt from news coverage of HJW promoting Empress Ki in Singapore (just extract the article/paragraphs which related to Empress Ki - from the interview session with HJW).
Ha Ji Won Wants to Become a Sincere Empress

10457396_710314539051242_446808471864934
Korea's 'Queen of Ratings' Ha Ji Won came to Singapore last week to promote 'Empress Ki'. During the interview, she mentioned that acting and being an empress are the same, the most important thing for both is 'sincerity'.
韩 国『收视女王』河智苑上周来新为《奇皇后》做宣传,她受访时谈到演戏和做皇后一样,最重要的都是『真心』。 - See more at: http://www.zaobao.com.sg/culture/entertainment/kpop/story20141001-395244#prettyPhoto[gallery1]/0/
If Korean actress Ha Ji Won is a real empress, she is likely a sincere, amiable and understanding empress. 

When the reporter asked in the interview what she would do if she really becomes an empress one day, Ha Ji Won took a while to have a serious thought for an answer before she replied, “I feel that the most important thing in acting is sincerity. If I really fall in love with a character, I will sacrifice for him; If I am really sad, I will cry. This is the only way I communicate with my audience. It is the same in becoming an empress. I will establish an effective two-way channel to interact with my citizens, and work hard in solving problems together.” 

Will she have a big celebration during her coronation? Ha Ji Won smilingly replied, “I will hold a small party to celebrate with my close friends and bring them to the palace for a visit as well. I feel that after my coronation, there will be many challenges awaiting me, so I hope to receive my good friends' wishes and supports.” Ha Ji Won seems to be a person who treasures friendship. 

Feels more at ease with Ji Chang Wook than Joo Jin Mo 

Last Thursday, Ha Ji Won came to Singapore to promote 'Empress Ki'. 'Empress Ki's story is about a low status tribute woman who became the empress of the Yuan dynasty. In this drama, Ha Ji Won portrayed Empress Ki and had a complicated love triangle with the king of Goryeo, Wang Yoo (Joo Jin Mo) and the emperor of Yuan, Ta Hwan (Ji Chang Wook). 

When she was asked which of the two male leads look closest to her ideal man, she shyly replied, “Actually every actors who have worked with me before are all my ideal lovers. As for Joo Jin Mo and Ji Chang Wook, they are very similar – gentle, attentive and fun. I feel comfortable working with them. As Joo Jin Mo is my senior and older than me, there is some distance between us. Ji Chang Wook is younger than me, I feel more at ease with him, so probably Ji Chang Wook is closer.” 

When talked about how she feel about period dramas, Ha Ji Won said it is like living in a fantasy world, “In ancient times, the costumes, way of speaking and social status of females are very different. It is even illegal for females to shake hands with others. I feel that the feelings between people and things are stronger and more passionate. Even though there is no kissing, the relationship is still very close. This is the characteristic of period dramas.” 

Tonight the award ceremony of 'Korea Drama Awards' will be held. Ha Ji Won will be competing against Lee Min Ho of 'Heirs', Jo Jae Hyun of 'Jeong Do Jeon', Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun of 'You Who Came from the Stars' for the Daesang award. When asked if she is confident in winning the award? Ha Ji Won looked a bit surprised, she said she does not know that she is nominated. “I am not too ambitious towards awards. It would be good if I can get it, but it does not matter too if I don't. If I win this time, I will be very happy.”

'Empress Ki' airs on every Monday to Friday at 5.45pm on VV channel (855). 

Viewers can also watched it on channel 857.

translated by zoompi123 from HJW Soompi
source: http://www.zaobao.com.sg/culture/entertainment/kpop/story20141001-395244

Guest emkay77

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"15 Things We Learned About Ha Ji Won During “Empress Ki” Promotions in SingaporeRebby September 30, 2014
Last weekend, Ha Ji Won visited Singapore to promote her latest drama, “Empress Ki.” Besides meeting fans at a meet-and-greet session on September 27, Ha Ji Won also met with the local media on September 26 through a media conference.

Ha Ji Won_Singapore_Press_016

Dressed in an elegant red dress, Ha Ji Won made her way into the ballroom through the main entrance. “Stunning” and “gorgeous” were the words that came to our minds as she moved closer. Totally opposite of her tomboyish and physically-strong drama roles, it’s no wonder that Ha Ji Won is one of the most sought-after actress with her versatility.

Below are 15 fun facts of Ha Ji Won summed up from the media conference.

Ha Ji Won’s beauty secrets:

1)       Ha Ji Won: “I’m not a tomboy; I’m actually very feminine.”

2)       Dietary secret when she is busy: nuts, fruits, yogurt, and mom’s homemade lunchbox.

3)       De-stress strategy: music, book, a walk in nature, especially when the set is out of the city.

4)       Secret to a toned and young looking body: weight-lifting, which she declares is so good that it can help lift up your hips and chin.

On “Empress Ki” and acting:

5)       Her first action drama, “Damo,” was the drama that influenced her and left her loving action roles.

6)       She loves being in a sageuk drama.

7)       “Empress Ki” was the drama in which she was happiest.

8)       Because of “Empress Ki,” she had to be on a horse for seven to eight hours, and couldn’t walk for three days thereafter.

9)       Prior to “Empress Ki,” she had never worked with Joo Jin Mo and Ji Chang Wook. Using scents to describe her costars, she likened Joo Jin Mo to a “blue ocean” scent, while Ji Chang Wook was the “red sweet flower.”

10)    Her secret for having such great chemistry with her co-actors: look at them lovingly with her lovely eyes.

On Singapore:

11)    She was so happy to see so many fans welcoming her at the airport that she couldn’t sleep that night.

12)    She thinks Singapore’s famous crab will be best eaten with alcohol, but she couldn’t try it due to the media conference on the following day.

13)    She is a huge fan of “Transformers” and can’t wait to be on Universal Studio Singapore’s Transformers ride.

14)    She likes animals and wishes to go to Singapore’s Night Safari. Also shopping.

15)    She will be back in Singapore on January 9 for a fan meeting!

Check out the Q&A from the media conference!

“Empress Ki” is a very long drama of 51 episodes, and has been very demanding physically and emotionally. So how did you prepare for the role of “Empress Ki”?

In fact, this was the longest drama I was involved in. With 51 episodes, it was certainly not easy for me. I’m proud of this drama. I had a lot of changes, moving from one status in society to another. I started the drama acting as a boy and then moving on to serving in the palace and eventually becoming the empress. I also acted as a mother who lost a baby and as the empress later to rule the country. There was a lot of emotion involved and it was not an easy one for me. But I must say that it was also the happiest I was involved in.

There was a lot of action scenes in the drama, in particular, archery, horse riding, and there was a scene when you had to horse-ride for 12 hours. So how did you manage?

I actually like the action parts of my role a lot. For this drama, at the beginning part, I have this scene at the shore that I have to compete with Ji Chang Wook. We were both on a horse and we probably filmed for seven to eight hours, about half a day.  I must say that it was really difficult for the both of us. We had bruises all over our legs and we couldn’t walk for the next three days, so it was not easy for either of us. Other than the horse riding and other actions, I’d also learned ballet and stretching because having a role as an Empress, I have to learn the grace, the elegance, the little gestures that probably could show the elegance and also the confidence of an Empress.

The male emcee DJ Jiafa of radio Yes933 commented that Ha Ji Won was really sexy when she touched her legs while talking about her tired legs, making our Empress burst into laughter shyly.

You were stunning in the show, throughout the long period. How did you maintain your complexion, looking your best?

Well, in the 51 episodes, every week I had to fight sleepless nights because we were filming throughout the night. I definitely didn’t have enough sleep, and the only way to maintain my complexion and health was to focus a lot on my diet. I ate a lot of nuts, fruits and yogurt, and my mom made lunchbox for me. I didn’t have much time for exercise so I focused a lot on diet. Other than that, when I’m stressed, I try to heal myself with music that I like, or good books, or even some of the design magazines that I enjoy. And also because the set was away from the city, we got good, clean and fresh air in the nature. I took a walk quite a number of times to de-stress and to heal myself. I tried to sustain from these conditions while I was filming on set.

Soompi: Are there any scenes in “Empress Ki” that you have regrets about and wished that you had done a bit better?

To be honest, I will put my everything when I’m on the set and when I’m acting. But we are all human beings, I can’t say that everything is perfect. I will see a bit of flaws here and there, but definitely I have no regret about it. I know myself that I have put everything I can put forth, that I can give. That is something I can do at least as an actor, and me giving up everything is something I should do. So there should be something I’m unhappy about, that there can be a bit of improvement, maybe that is something that makes me go forward, I can improve myself, I can be better in the future, so I’m not satisfied sometimes, but I have no regrets.

Ratings-wise, your shows have always been so successful. Is this a form of pressure or a form of motivation?

When choosing a particular role in my future production, I take a long time to consider whether it’s the right one for me, whether I will enjoy living this character for the next six to seven months when I’m involved in this drama. I think that is very important because if this plot or this character cannot move me, then I probably cannot comprehend the emotion that I felt for this character to any of the audience watching me, so this is very important. I try to act as if there is no tomorrow and I really do give my everything. The train of thought I put into selecting the role is to make sure that I can satisfy myself with it and also enjoy it.

How was it like working with the two male leads in the show? Are they very different or similar?

I have never worked with these two actors before. Joo Jin Mo, he is my senior but he is really considerate and very kind, and he smiles a lot, making the entire set a very fun experience for me. So that is something that I appreciate a lot. For Ji Chang Wook, we didn’t expect the chemistry between us to be so great, which is good. At the beginning of the drama, we had some interaction to build up the emotions between these characters and it turned out unexpectedly well. So I think Joo Jin Mo was a little surprised to see the sudden acceleration of love between these two characters. The chemistry in terms of acting was really great for both actors, so I really appreciate that.

If you can use one word to each describe the male leads, what will it be?

If I have to put it in terms of scent because I like smelling a lot of good things, for Joo Jin Mo, I would say it is the “blue ocean” that I feel from him. And for Ji Chang Wook, probably the red flower, a flowery smell from him. You can see that they are really two opposites and they are very different and I think with these two actors, because they are different, they have their own attractiveness and a bit of charm in their own manner.

Do you prefer a historical or modern drama?

For the historical drama, I think I’m living in fantasy sometimes as I move away from this modern lifestyle. We dress differently, we speak differently, during those times, it was probably illegal to even hold hands, so I think the emotion that is involved between actors is more passionate. Even though I may not be kissing that person, even by just holding their hands and looking at them, it’s more intimate, stronger than other roles I was involved in. This is something that is very unique about a period drama.

Do you get headache from the heavy head wear?

It is really really heavy. It is not easy to wear it yourself. The more I film this, I could… I just very glad that I didn’t hurt my neck while filming this. Yes, it was very difficult for me.

We hope you had enjoyed the thoughtful answers from Ha Ji Won. Fans in the region, get ready to welcome her back in Singapore early next year!

“Empress Ki” is currently airing on VV Drama (StarHub TV channel 855) on every Monday to Friday at 5.45 p.m. It is also available on VV Drama on Demand (StarHub TV channel 857).

Special thanks to StarHub for inviting Soompi to cover the media conference.

This article is co-contributed by ds dreamer.

Guest emkay77

Taken from HJW Soompi - news related to HJW promoting EK in Taiwan.
Ha Ji Won is Well Versed Intellectually and in Dancing, Hardworking in Preparing Surprises for Taiwanese Fans

Ha Ji Won just came to Taiwan in June to promote 'Empress Ki'. After 4 months, she will be coming again to Taiwan on the 19th for a fanmeet. She once practised ballet prior to the filming of 'Empress Ki' in order to portray her 'Empress Ki' character elegantly. However, it was not used in the drama. This time for her Taiwan fanmeet, she announced that she will be dancing on stage. As for the type of dance and content of her performance, she mischievously said, "I will not disclose it now. Please come to my fanmeet to witness it personally."

'Empress Ki' received immense response after its broadcast in Taiwan, and has created the highest viewership record in the last 5 years for Korean dramas. ETTV's Mix Channel (Channel 32) will be re-airing the drama on the 6th. 'Empress Ki' tells the story of Goryeo tribute woman Ki Seung Nyang's journey in becoming the empress of the Yuan Dynasty. It was first shown in Taiwan in June for nearly 4 months. The story's climaxes arise repeatedly, and the drama uses a narrative technique that tightly relates the story to history, hence attracted 10 million viewers to watch the drama and even caused a lot of male viewers who have never watched Korean dramas to fall into this 'Empress Ki craze'.

'Empress Ki' received huge response when it was aired in Taiwan, and created the highest ratings record in the last 5 years for Korean dramas.

Lead actress Ha Ji Won disguised as a male in the early part of 'Empress Ki' and later after she entered the palace, she demonstrated her superb intellect when dealing with the empress and other ministers of the Yuan government. Her acting as a person well versed in both literature and martial arts has gained much attention. Recently she has revisited the filming location of 'Empress Ki', and brought back a lot of filming memories to her mind, "I still feel happy now when I think back about it!" 'Empress Ki' will start airing on October 6 on ETTV Channel 32 from Monday to Friday at 8pm.

Ha Ji Won returned to the filming location of 'Empress Ki'.

Credit to zoompi123 at HJW Soompitranslated by zoompi123article source: http://www.nownews.com/n/2014/10/05/1443202
image source: http://www.nownews.com/p/2014/10/05/1443179