[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TKD is next!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/01/cool-kiz-on-the-block-to-take-on-tae-kwon-do-after-basketball#axzz2pjwbspl1

I call for a Yoon Bomi appearance and if their rep goes back up either Eunjung or Jiyeon.

Definitely looking forward to the taekwondo eps! I bet if they're not busy with other activities, there's a good chance both Na Tae Joo & Taemi will appear for this one. Both are pretty bad richard simmons, so hope they can make at least a cameo appearance. 

Actually they do Thai Boxing, which I guess you can say is similar but different to TKD with the kicks, but that's where it ends. Competitive Olympic TKD is point based, which I assume they are going to do for this show.

THis page always has lurkers looking for news. I feel your pain buddies, i dont want the basketball members to leave.  I wasnt as sad, when the other left, except the actor who came in last for the badminton series.  =/ SNiff, sniff!I wish they announce the cast for the tkd. 

luvanya said: THis page always has lurkers looking for news. I feel your pain buddies, i dont want the basketball members to leave.  I wasnt as sad, when the other left, except the actor who came in last for the badminton series.  =/ SNiff, sniff!I wish they announce the cast for the tkd. 

man, watching the teaser for next week is getting me psyched for the final basketball ep! \m/  But at the same time, it's also making me a bit sad knowing it'll be end of the basketball games :( I'm especially gonna miss the awesomeness of "Air" Kim Hyuk and his dunks! ^:)^  

http://youtu.be/iBnGN5zNwao

ir1i3Jt0CiQ1R.jpg

can someone tell me more about park sung ho? Was he added as part of the orignal Mc in the middle and then had to back out ?i saw him, on a episode where he went abroad and played table tennis?
I even saw him at the awards show too on their table?

Park Sung Ho was a regular during the table tennis episodes but wasn't brought back for any of the other sports until they went to Saipan to play table tennis. I think they chose to keep Jo Dal Hwan instead. He was better anyways/

man, didn't you just know this was gonna happen?! I was hyping up Shin Yong Jae as the best thing since sliced bread & how he was gonna really add to this team, blah, blah...errrr, that didn't work out as planned. #-o  ok, I gotta cut him some slack cuz there was obviously no chemistry between him and the other players due to lack of practice time & not knowing his new teammates' tendencies but overall, it was an absolutely horrid game for him. I felt bad for him cuz he knew he really sucked bad this game & was visibly frustrated. He was torching Cool Kiz with his 'no look' passes when he played against 'em as part of the New Kiz team but he should've known he can't try those fancy passes during this game. [-X

He's definitely not the only one who sucked bad especially the first half. It seemed Kim Hyuk was trying to do too much & carry the team and it affected his overall game. He was still hustling & giving 100% but his shot was off, his free throw shooting was off, it just didn't seem like he had his head in the game for some reason. That could go for the whole team as they didn't really have any practice time with the New Year's celebrations and partying & all and it really showed too. Cool Kiz was a half a step late on loose balls, got out rebounded especially on the offensive glass and just looked lethargic out there. The game started out at a frenetic pace & it was sloppy for both teams but Cool Kiz never recovered from their slow start. This about sums it up for their play the first half when Changmin makes his best basketball play but it's negated by the time clock expiring. Just frustrating game all around for Cool Kiz. ~X(

iblSYqvQlYzMQy.jpg

I was intrigued about this matchup of the titans before the game between Julian and this Ryan dude who apparently played collegiate ball and is now an English teacher in Korea.

ibvd5almw8j2Qb.jpg

all in all, I have to say Ryan took it to Julian this game. Julian wasn't as effective as in prior games & this Ryan actually has a nice touch for a big man and more importantly, he was able to hit his free throws in crunch time.

Apparently, one of the Daejeon team players was an extra in JYP's 5 Million dollar man movie but JYP didn't recognize him cuz of his long hair lol.

iMC64fMpIsEWk.jpg

speaking of JYP, I thought he played one of his better all around games for Cool Kiz & was one of the few players for Cool Kiz who had a decent game up to par with his usual stats. Every one else had a down game but Seo Ji Suk had his moments, John Park did ok too, KH had a much better second half than first, Julian was outplayed by Ryan but still contributed, didn't see much of Lee Hye Jung doing much but missing shots, Changmin & KHD were their usual selves & I mentioned the awful perf that Shin Yong Jae had this game.

The locker room after the game was as sullen and downbeat as you can imagine with a lot of teary eyes. These guys took the loss pretty hard but they can redeem themselves with a victory in their final game. Looks like next week's teaser is the team heading to the beach for some serious back to basics training! Also, showed KHD & Changmin shedding some tears for what is Changmin's last ep. :((

ipqGapvCqxwam.jpg

ibc4wCgJF5cwKJ.jpg

I kinda feel for them as most of them were complaining that they had to film on the 1st of January. Im sure many of them were partying late in to the night and it kinda showed, with how sluggish they played in the game. I agree about what you had to say about SYJ @bulgogi88. I don't even think they practiced together before this game and it showed, but his style of play would confuse a lot of players so watching him while trying to move around would be hard to do.

WEll, thank god it wasnt the last game... 

I Have a theory. I think,  who ever makes the first basket ends up winning the game. I have been noticing this for quite a while, lets hope our team makes the First basket in their last game!Sigh! I will miss the coach's as well. =)

luvanya said: WEll, thank god it wasnt the last game... 

I Have a theory. I think,  who ever makes the first basket ends up winning the game. I have been noticing this for quite a while, lets hope our team makes the First basket in their last game!Sigh! I will miss the coach's as well. =)

Gah, I had such a high expectation for SYJ performance with Cool Kiz!@bulgogi88 totally agree on KH seemingly not "being there" during this episode..on the side note, at least they still got one more game to redeem themselves.. Cool Kidz Fighting!

It looks like Julian, John Park, Seo Ji Seok are going to become the new regulars for TKD along with KHD. The allkpop article also mentions a Kim Yeon Woo. The only person I know by that name is a singer from back in the day and doesn't really look like a TKD person. I'll let you guys do the digging. Lol. I want to see who else they are going to recruit to the team as in the promo they are asking for teams to join not individuals.

Archived