[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man, I knew playing against Lee Young-pyo's alma mater high school would be no joke cuz that school has a rep as a good soccer program and plus CKOTB hasn't had time to practice or jell but didn't think they would get their azz kicked that badly in the first half. #-o  Maybe they should've started out a little slower and played against Lee Youpng-pyo's elementary school alma mater instead. :P

yeah, this was my expression most of the first half too. :)) Lee Young-pyo said all the right things to lift the team's spirits at halftime like CKOTB isn't really that bad just that the Anyang team is really good and they will be victorious if they manage to score just one goal against 'em in the second half but the way CKOTB looked in the first half, even that would be a friggin' miracle.

pfCmnPx.jpg

what's up with the crappy uniforms? :-?? after the sweet looking unis they wore for the basketball eps, I'm disappointed in these -- I mean ya have to look good to play good right? They don't even have a CKOTB logo or anything and no permanent #s either. Maybe these are just temporary cuz they were eating Samgyupsal and didn't want the smell from the meat to ruin the 'real' uniforms lol...well, I can only hope that's the case & the team gets some real unis in the future eps. [-O<  to top it off didn't need to see Hyungdon's tighty whities while he was changing into 'em either. X_X

iGp2DjU.jpg

I really wanted to see Goo Ja Myung show his wares this ep cuz IMO, he's the best player bar none out there for CKOTB (other than Lee Young-pyo of course) but he never got into a rhythm in the first half after getting kicked in the nose but he looked much better the second half as he was attacking and looking aggressively to score. I think he's gonna be the 'ace' for CKOTB.

iMNBkes.jpg

Seo Ji Suk had a pretty entertaining bicycle kick that narrowly missed going in and CKOTB only true threat in the first half as they were pretty much on defense the whole ep. A lot of the CKOTB players looked hella outta shape as you can hear their heavy breathing throughout, Hyungdon being the worst lol...that speedskater, Lee Kyu Hyuk looked scared out there for some reason, Lee Jung is apparently the only leftie on the team but was pretty invisible, that announcer Cho Woo Jong got some screen time for the wrong reason by fouling and allowing a penalty kick, both B2ST players were lackluster as well with Gikwang embarrassingly miffing on the ball and getting called out by Kang Ho Dong lol...speaking of KHD, he was terrible as the GK but I have to admit he did make a nice save using his big head in the early moments of the game haha...the coach for Anyang said if anybody else with a small face was goalie, they would've scored. :))

the ep left off with a teaser of Gikwang's kick towards goal to see if CKOTB can make Lee Young-pyo's goal of at least one score possible...

zzx5ioS.jpg

there was also a "mystery" guest scouting this game on video and saying he's the only coach that could coach this team & letting out an evil laugh at the end >:) ...they tried to cover his face with a soccer ball but c'mon, they gave it away with those eyebrows man! Those eyebrows can only belong to actor, Lee Duk Hwa...so expect Lee Duk Hwa to coach this team next week!

PSgWO0R.jpg

I think they are getting their new uniforms soon. Its been posted on allkpop and on Soompi. They are yellow and sponsored by Le Coq.
2014050509093674399_1_59_20140505091604.jpg
Nevermind these are the same as the blue jerseys they are wearing. They just need some personalization. Maybe when they start playing for real we'll see them. Looks like Lee Yong Pyo gonna be wearing Nike, seems he has a sponsorship deal he doesn't wanna breach.

xman150 said: I think they are getting their new uniforms soon. Its been posted on allkpop and on Soompi. They are yellow and sponsored by Le Coq.
2014050509093674399_1_59_20140505091604.
Nevermind these are the same as the blue jerseys they are wearing. They just need some personalization. Maybe when they start playing for real we'll see them. Looks like Lee Yong Pyo gonna be wearing Nike, seems he has a sponsorship deal he doesn't wanna breach.

I think there would be some changes in the line-up or they just added new members. Accdg to article I just read, Minho of SHINee, Kim Jong Kook & Hong Jong Hyun will be in the show.Well, I just hope it isn't for some celebrity match.

suriji said: I think there would be some changes in the line-up or they just added new members. Accdg to article I just read, Minho of SHINee, Kim Jong Kook & Hong Jong Hyun will be in the show.Well, I just hope it isn't for some celebrity match.

It would make sense for them to add more people especially if they are going to play 11 on 11 soccer and how out of condition some of the players are. It's weird that Hyung Don isn't doing the World Cup episodes cause the IC guys are going to Brazil too.

xman150 said: It would make sense for them to add more people especially if they are going to play 11 on 11 soccer and how out of condition some of the players are. It's weird that Hyung Don isn't doing the World Cup episodes cause the IC guys are going to Brazil too.

well, it's not the support squad that I've been asking for on CKOTB but I guess this might be the next best thing if it happens. I'm down for some AOA & BESTie in cheerleader action!  :-bd

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/05/sistar-miss-a-secret-after-school-and-more-to-possibly-compete-in-cheerleading-special

I'm kind of lukewarm towards the idol futsal tho' since we've already seen it during the Idol Athletics/Olympics but hopefully the cheerleader competition happens! [-O<

man, they need a 'mercy rule' in soccer...I honestly thought CKOTB couldn't play any worse than the first half last week #-o  They stunk it up again for most of the second half & it was another lopsided beatdown until the end when they managed to score 3 goals (ha! I called it cuz i said the over/under would be 3 goals last week) with Doojoon, Seo Ji Suk (he's was a thing of beauty off of a free kick), & Goo Ma Jung (I bet the PD wished he hadn't scored hehe)...that Anyang technical high school team is friggin' good! especially the goal keeper. I bet he has some nice memories to take away like he could brag to his friends that he stuffed Lee Young-pyo's shot & he'll have it on tape to prove it too!  That Anyang team had motivation to keep piling it on cuz their coach said they would have to practice if they didn't reach 20 goals!

haha, I said they would need to mosaic Lee Soo Geun if he was part of the soccer team & now, there was a real possibility it would happen to Goo Ja Myung but nope, they didn't really edit him out all the way cuz it would've been hard to do it since he's one of the main players on the team and part of the action. But they did cut him out of the intros and when he scored CKOTB's 3rd and final goal, they slo-mowed Doojon & Seo Ji Suk's goals but just glossed over Goo Ja Myung quickly. ;))

n32Dkd8.jpg

They introduced their new coach, veteran actor Lee Duk Hwa too. CMIIW but I think he mentioned that he got into a bad motorcycle accident when he was in his 20s and he was on the brink of death after undergoing surgeries to repair his injuries and his legs especially where jacked up but he recovered to full health by playing soccer and that's why soccer is so important to him and why he played it recreationally for all these years.

mtZDhVC.jpg

I like how he had a quick comeback for KHD when KHD said shouldn't Lee Young-pyo be the coach since he's the best player and a former professional...Lee Duk Hwa asked rhetorically is Ferguson the coach of Man U a better player than Wayne Rooney? That shut him up quick! B-) speaking of Lee Young-pyo, I like his idea of having cheerleader gals for soccer! Gikwang said they have 'em for baseball but why not soccer? they should have 'em for soccer for reals. :D

zU0MZKY.jpg

The rest of the ep they spent on conditioning and basic futbol drills to get this team in shape. Man, it's still not gonna solve the main problem on this team and that's the fact that KHD cannot play goalkeeper! He doesn't have the lateral quickness (or any quickness for that matter lol) to be effective in front of the net. They would be better served putting someone else back there but unfortunately, the team is hamstrung cuz that's the only position that he can play. :-<

Next week's preview, showed the new members that are gonna show up for CKOTB & looks like they'll be playing an intrasquad scrimmage game.We already know it's gonna be Minho, Minhyuk BtoB, Kim Jong Kook, Hong Jong Hyun etc...btw, since Goo Ja Myung is now out of the show...who do ya'll want to replace him? :-/  I think they should bring Leo from VIXX as his replacement. \:D/

xhD9niM.jpg

dzFVtHb.jpg

This is the perfect time to bring in Roh Ji Hoon to replace Goo Ja Myung, the Cube boys are already on the team anyways. Then they can move KHD to midfield or defense. With them going 8x8 for their games so much guys aren't gonna get TV time.

xman150 said: This is the perfect time to bring in Roh Ji Hoon to replace Goo Ja Myung, the Cube boys are already on the team anyways. Then they can move KHD to midfield or defense. With them going 8x8 for their games so much guys aren't gonna get TV time.

so they announced the players for the "red" & "blue" teams who are gonna play against each other in tomorrow's ep:

Red Team led by Coach Lee Young-pyo is gonna be made up of Baek Sung Hyun, GiKwang, Seo Ji Suk, Minhyuk, Kim Heung Guk, Hong Jong Hyun, Lee Jung & Doojoon

Blue team led by Coach Lee Duk Hwa is gonna be made up of Kang Ho Dong, Kim Jong Kook, Lee Kyu Hyuk, Jo Woo Jong, Park Joon Gyu, Minho & Hyungdon

as expected no Goo Ja Myung but where's Doojoon? :-? How come he's not listed as playing in tomorrow's game? nvrmind, Doojoon is listed as playing on the red team & Goo Ja Myung prolly recorded this ep before his DUI but is gonna get edited out again.

ibrnxaa9YITgWX.jpg

ihYWCFH0jcazC.jpg

xman150 said: Man that blue team is so old compared to the red team. The only disadvantage the red team have is Kim Heung Gook due to his age. KHD shouldn't be wearing No. 10 too.

Caught a bit of today's ep...looks like they get their brand spankin' unis with their #s.

SYxLzdV.jpg

the scrimmage match with the other celebs pretty much went I how I thought it would go judging by the talent & age disparity of the red team and the usual sucky goal keeping by KHD. They announced Minho as the permanent member of the team but I have to say I was impressed with Kim Heung Guk...the dude is old as dirt but he has some serious skills. His stamina was not bad either for being ancient. Too bad they can't replace Hyungdon or that useless speed skater with him. Heck, I would replace KHD for him in a minute...just keep KHD as the MC and as another coach alongside Lee Duk Hwa but seeing as he's wearing #1, looks like KHD is gonna continue being the goalie. [-(

Noticed in the teaser for next week's game that there are support squad cheerleaders on the CKOTB team sideline. ^#(^

IYvqwtF.jpg

http://www.hancinema.net/jo-han-seon-to-join-cool-kiz--69343.html

Footballer-turned-actor Jo Han-seon of "Temptation of Wolves" (2004) will appear on the KBS variety show "Cool Kiz on the Block" for its episode in Brazil, according to local reports yesterday.
photo437742.jpg
To get a head start on the much-anticipated 2014 Brazil World Cup that kicks off June 13, the program's crew will leave for the South American country on Tuesday to hold a game of their own against local football fans. Jo will reportedly join the team as a goalkeeper.

"Jo, who is a former football player, is expected to play an active part in our local shooting", said a "Cool Kiz" associate.

"As he is already aware of the basic skills of football, we hope that he will lead the 'Cool Kiz' team to victory".

By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer

Archived