[Variety] Our Neighborhood Variety Sports (우리동네 예체능)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KBS uploaded the last basketball game on their Youtube channel!

cr: KBS World
I was disappointed with the lack of screen time for Hyejung and KHD during the last game. From the beginning, the coaches emphasize that winning was not their goal but to allow each member to contribute to the game so they will be acknowledged for their skills and not feel inferior to the better players so I was let down when the last game was heavily focused on the aces again. My heart broke when Hyuk sobbed at the end of the video, I couldn't help but to fall in love with the team members and the bond they share so it must be extremely devastating for Hyuk, Changmin, and Hyejung to part ways with the others after half a year. I hope they can maintain the relationship they have now after the show ends and I think it would be extremely adorable if they continue their practices at JYP's house, however that's just my own delusion. 

I kinda enjoyed this episode just to see the behind the scenes of what it takes to run these kinds of sports events. The sad thing was Lee Su Geun getting the blur treatment when they showed the clip of John Park singing My Girl to Lee Sang Hwa when they went to the Korean Olympic Training Facility when they were doing badminton. The next episode is probably going to be the same but with them covering the men's 500m race and following Mo Tae Bum, from what I got at the start of the episode.

Guest amidamaru34

I dont know they want to stream the next two eps about the Olympic games. They already have 1 or 2 tv channels which cover the Olympic games already.  They probably will get low rating for the next 2 eps.

For those who skipped this past episode cause of the Olympic coverage, in the last 15 minutes they introduced the start of the Tae Kwon Do series. They just showed KHD picking up the original members announced to start the series. So there was Julian, John Park, Seo Ji Suk, and Kim Yeon Woo. I might have to take out some of that KYW hate I had when he was announced. He does/did Hapkido so he has some martial arts background and was pretty funny with his parts on screen. They ended the episode going to the TKD national headquarters and they showed a lot of breaking and stunting, so I'm guessing that this might be the premise and not point fighting, but we shall see. They will introduce Chansung, Feeldog, and Hoya next week.

Another meh episode. They just showed them picking up the new members and holding auditions to add on to their team from what I got in one of the transitions they showed after the full team assembled. The only good part was watching the TDK demo at the national arena. And the other good thing about the 3 guys they added are that they are 3rd degree black belts, and they all showed up with the same certificates.

the episode was quite entertaining for me XD lol they all wanted to reject both feel dog and chansung bcoz of badminton keke, by the time they get to chansung,his certificate got rejected coz the two before them had it~ 
but of course the highlights is actually the ppl who auditioned~ during the phone session, first one they called is one pretty woman, who claims she looks better in person and hav done 16years of taekwando but is now auditioning to be a gagwoman XD haha~ they all wanted pretty woman on board, even added that they are sure john park could do splits easily with pretty woman around haha XD 
my fav is the school kid,in the preview he is coming nxt week, whose dream is to be a nation MC like KHD~ but one of his friend that hav the same dream to be a nation MC said yoo jae suk is better than KHD, he got angry so he applied for this  =)) on his application theres, theres PLEASE on his pic and i saw i love you as well at the bottom keke~ so adorable~ during the call  KHD asked him why he got angry when someone likes YJS over KHD, but the kid says the guy actually said he hates KHD~ haha KHD admits that does hurt~ and when KHD said since he is a student he needs to study, kid replied that he got a lot of time, the parents said to go and all~ its so cute~
john park read one application "if i learn taekwando,the thing i want to do is" ....to hit my husband, to hit to hit to hit~ KEKE~ during the call,she said the same thing with the husband at her side and when KHD talked to him and asked him how he feels, eh life is like that~ haha XD ah funny~
during the auditon, the 8year old kid who uses the army way of talking were my fav~haha~ i love how he gets fire background on his screen texts XD he hugs and all but refuses to kiss KHD coz "he is a guy"~ and claims he hav never cried once! =)) he even hav a GF~ ah he was cute,even had the time to give some tips to the kid that is waiting his turn~ i hope he is picked, just bcoz~ haha 

They did more auditions in today's episode and made up the last 4 members. Towards the end of the episode they showed the new members as well as how the competition is going to take place. It looks like they'll be doing Olympic point style TKD as well as plate breaking.

The 4 members that were added were the little kid with the military talk from the previous episode who didn't want to kiss KHD. Today they showed a girl who's friends called her the female Lee Kwang Soo, who did the KS rusty robot dance. It did help that production played all the KS themes from Running Man. The third member is a 5th degree black belt who brought in what looked like special plates from jeju-do to break. She pulled the angled selfie for her profile pic but I think it also mentioned that she had a kid or something. Might be wrong on that. The last member was a guy who did TKD for over 10 years but then blew up to about 145 Kg. During his audition he showed that he had the from and was still able to do a 360 spin kick pretty clean besides being out of breath. At the time of when they met again to introduce the new members, he had dropped down to 130 kg. They also paired him up with Julian and Chansung, so I'm guessing that they are going to shape him up.

My highlights:
The dad using his son to demo and just kicking him and practically beating him on national tv. lol
A firefighter came on who also is on the show Burning Heart on SBS who made owl sounds which Julian did as well.
The people they called including the kid who loved KHD and the woman who wanted to beat her husband.
The girl Onyu who just started TKD and only shuffled and darted. They made her do her darting against an Australian TKD representative who also auditioned. The Australian lady introduced herself with her english name and KHD got flustered and busted out the Cheon Song Yi "Sawwwryy" from You From The Stars drama.

the auditions were hilarious XD
my highlights:
the guy who trains at the same place as julian does. the name of the gym is ZOMBIE since its owned by the korean zombie, jeong chang seong. i love the look of the others when they heard zombie gym?? :-O
one of the gramps that auditioned that day served in President Park Jeong Hee bodyguard team. his belt is old but its the same belt that he was given during service~ too cool B-)
that kindergarten male teacher XD his reason to learn TKD is because his wife beats him keke~ the wife is taller than him by almost 10cm,she used to do martial arts and all,hence~ so funny~
and yes that woman who wanted to beat her husband is HILARIOUS XD she apparently prays for the celebs~ for seo ji suk and PJY for kids HAHA she even knows the female PD who used to do moonlight prince~ 

and so the jejudo housewife ♥ am glad she got picked~ that plates is apparently real stone,like concrete~ i totally understand her pain though~ she had to carry that all they way frm jejudo using public transportation T_T just when u think ur off the plane that ur finally at ur destination  but ur dead wrong~ theres metro and more walking to be done T_T
and that last guy who got picked kim jeong gyum~ he said that he lost all of his confidence~ he is participating to regain his confidence and lose weight~julian wants him to regain his confidence and help him~ chansung added that julian should've been there during badminton~they all had problem with their confidence back then =)) and so they talked about what he is going to do~ julian does wonder though~ he said he too loves food like the guy and its hard for him to not eat but its a must~ both diet and working out is imporant, diet is a bit more important than working out he says,and chansung agrees. they'll help him but the guy himself must be motivated  himself~ [\Spoiler]

they are going to compete in 2 weeks after their first meeting~ they threatened the PD XD haha julian asked "can i hit you?" the PD just shook his head :)

OK whateva is wrong with me and the spoiler tags T_T i dont even know how to fix it anymore~sorry ppl~
while i am very happy with all the eye candies,i agree though that we hav too much male in this sports~ i get the all male badminton and only one woman for basketball,but COME ON PD! this is TKD!  take out kim hyun woo, i wont complain, i'd thank you for it~ i am sure theres a lot of female celeb that can do TKD T_T dont tell me you cant find ONE of em T_T 

We finally get to see some real TKD action in this episode. They continue their meeting at the Korea National Sports University, where they meet their coaches and get in some knowledge about TKD. The breaking coach is Lee Kyu Hyung. Feeldog asked him about his belt and he said he's had it for over 40 years. The point fighting coach is Jang Guk Hyun. They both were involved in the Seoul 88 Olympics. For their sparing session, they brought prime athletes including gold medalist Hwang Kyung Sun who was on 1N2D last year and silver medalist Lee Dae Hoon. As you would think, the Cool Kiz team got smoked in this point fighting style with barely any members scoring a point. After the whole sparing session they went into tile breaking and kick breaking. I'm not sure how the kick breaking is going to work if its just how they showed it with the long jump style or if they are going to be doing stunt breaking like we saw in the first episode of the TKD series. Towards the end the coaches chose the teams for each style.

vlcsnap-00001-1.jpg
Tile breaking: Hoya, John Park, and the big guy Jong Kyup.

vlcsnap-00002-1.jpg
Foot breaking: SJS, Kim Yeon Woo, and female Kwang Soo Na Hyun.

vlcsnap-00003.jpg
Point fighting: KHD, Julian, Feeldog, Chansung, the little boy Hyun Jae, and the lady from Jeju Ji Hye.

My Highlights:

The little kids going at it. Hyun Jae getting nervous and having to use the restroom before his match and crying after and during the breaking as well.

Julian getting all fierce during his match with Lee Dae Hoon going all muay thai stance vs the tkd stance.
Chansung actually looking good on this show, lol.
The appearance by Hwang Kyung Sun. When she was on 1N2D I was wowed. Lol, I wish she was the coach instead, so we can get a looker amongst all the guys. Plus her kicking all the guys in the face was fun to watch.

loving the TKD thing so far~ actually when they started saying they wanted to do TKD,i cant really imagine what can they really do with TKD~ this is def entertaining though i'd be happier if they could at least go thru a bit of basic training before they get beaten by the world champion and olympic medallist  #-o
the lady frm jeju is one fierce lady!!! WOOT WOOT ♥ she was good~ and chansung XD keke at last we find what he is good at~ i love how the screen text goes "forget badminton" :)
i almost feel sorry for the kid~ T_T seriously they should at least teach them a few way to defend themselves or something before just  throwing them into that~ but well it was entertaining no less~ 
i hav never watched any tile breaking and foot breaking competition before~ how do one compete in this anyway? 

^ It's similar to how that one episode of DT was when they did their version of a breaking competition. The tile breaking is how much tiles you can break in one strike. Foot breaking I'm not sure how they'll do it on this show but it usually involves stunts to break wooden boards. That's where you see all the various spin kicks and such.

^hmm that means the foot breaking will involve judges and point system? more like a perf of skills,like ice skating of sorts~ right? that is if we get it right~ or i wonder if what they do is who can jump kick the furthest like they do in this  epi? 
i love the nickname "air ji suk" btw XD he still carries the nickname now in TKD XD 

Archived