[Drama 2013] I Hear Your Voice 너의 목소리가 들려

Guest facing

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sicknine

I don't know how accurate this character description with the official one. But better than nothing, right? ;)Translation credit goes to Allkoreandrama.com 

Character Description

i1

Jang Hye Sung

She’s a daughter of a poor maid , studied like a hell and worked very hard to be a lawyer.
She’s a self-made woman.
But, she has no friends, she doesn’t like to be bothered by other people.

She becomes a public defender nominated by government, her duty is helping poor people who suffered unfair justice while has no money to defend himself.

While, she’s on her duty, she has an enemy in the court, prosecutor Seo Doyun.
When she’s in hopeless competition against Seo Do Yun, one mysterious boy appears.
And with the help of that boy, now she has a powerful weapon against Do Yun.

i2

Park Soo Ha

He’s a boy who has a secret that he can read other people mind when he watches their eyes.
Because of that ability, he sees so many injustice, lie wins over truth .
He wants to change that, but he’s only a boy.

He’s handsome and obtained a black-belt in taekwondo.
Women like him but there’s only one woman in his heart.

10 years ago, one girl helped him to find out the person who murdered his father. That girl who bravely testified in the court, stole his heart.
He swore that he would protect and guard her if he can meet her again.

10 years later, he meets that girl again, Hyesung.
But, Hyesung has changed.

i3

Cha Kwan Woo

He loves his job as a public attorney.
He doesn’t have fashion-sense. He wears white sock, black shoes and stupid glasses.

i4

Seo Do Yun

She’s a capable prosecutor and comes from elite family, her father is a judge and her mother is a doctor.
She pushed herself to be a perfect woman as she wants to be a perfect daughter for her parents.
Hyesung was her rival in the high school. She almost lost her eye when a firework exploded and she believed that Hyesung caused that accident although Hyesung denied it strongly.

f6bux3x5q3mm4qw0a8t2jr2dv308e2jj.jpg

[by Joy Kim / photo by Jang Moon sun] On 29th of May, SBS drama \'I can hear your voice\'\'s production report conference was held at SBS with the main casts including Lee Bo young, Yoon Sang hyun, Lee Jong suk, and Lee Da hee. From the conference, actor Yoon Sang hyun said \"I met lot of actresses but Lee Bo young is one of the most honest actresses. She is very easy going character and she does not pretend nor act pretty.: SBS drama \'I can hear your voice\' is about female public defender Jang Hye sung (Lee Bo young) who fights for 1% chance of innocence and a boy who has super natural power who can read people\'s mind.  The drama will portray their drama and love story. It will start airing from 5th of June.  
cr/ yahoo

Guest NEWMARIO

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375;"Courtroom Drama Meets Fantasy Romance for SBS drama “I Can Hear Your Voice”Posted on 2013/05/31 by Jessica Kim in TV with 0 Comments

"I Can Hear Your Voice"

From left, actors Yoon Sang-hyun, Lee Bo-young, Lee Da-hee and Lee Jong-suk pose during a press event for SBS TV series “I Can Hear Your Voice” held in Seoul, Korea on May 29, 2013. [sBS]

A thriller courtroom drama meets fantasy and romance?

A mix of genres that sound nowhere close to matching with each other, will come to the small screen next month. SBS’s new Wednesday and Thursday drama “I Can Hear Your Voice,” set to premiere on June 5, will be about what happens when materialistic public defender Jang Hye-sung (Lee Bo-young) encounters Park Soo-ha (Lee Jong-suk) with supernatural powers and Cha Gwan-woo (Yoon Sang-hyun) who lives a disciplined life.

The drama will depict on the process in which the main female character, who becomes a lawyer after overcoming painful memories from her childhood, comes to realizations about society and justice after running into a boy who reads other people’s thoughts and an innocent fellow lawyer. It seems that the drama will also try to draw sympathy from viewers by incorporating a crime that occurred in real life.

"I Can Hear Your Voice"

Actor Lee Jong-suk and actress Lee Bo-young pose during a press event for SBS TV series “I Can Hear Your Voice” held in Seoul, Korea on May 29, 2013. [sBS]

Lee Bo-young said about her character, “It’s about how a woman, who chose to become a public defender to make money because she’s always annoyed and selfish, matures after facing various situations.” She then added, “Because of the elements of fantasy, I’m trying not to make the drama seem too far off from reality by being sincere yet relaxed with my acting.”

To play his role as a person with supernatural powers, one that is quite new to Korean dramas, Lee Jong-suk said he “looked closely into movies like ‘Haunters’ and ‘Psychomentry’ to see how such people are shown.” He also explained, “I’m trying to approach the role with clean and simple acting rather than trying to do something special because it seems there’s a lot I’ll need to express with my eyes.” 

To this, Cha’s unique sense of idealism and cheerful personality will be added. Yoon said of Cha, “He’s a character that may seem a bit slow but he’s a nice and pleasant with a firm idea of his principles and justice. I’m glad I’m getting to take up the challenge of playing the type of character I like – one who is a bit naive but funny.”

The romance that will unfold of the three will also be a main point of interest.

Lee said his character will be “extremely cute and lovable yet masculine” while Yoon described his character as “a bit of a loser so maybe not every woman’s dream guy but with enough appeal, especially when he’s preparing for trials.”

As can be seen from dramas such as SBS’s “Incarnation of Money” and tvN’s “Nine,” so-called ‘mixed genres’ are the recent trend. It will be worth looking forward to see whether the combination of a courtroom drama, romantic comedy, and fantasy drama will gain both support and fans. 

Reporter. Jang Seo Yoon ciel@tenasia.co.kr
Translator. Jessica Kim
Editor. Hong Ji You jiyou@tenasia.co.kr

Letting Go Of KDrama Characters

Lee Bo Young
Jo In Sung

If you find it hard to say goodbye to a kdrama character, think how hard it must be for the actors who portray them.

To give a great performance in a drama, an actor really has to become the character they play, to almost live inside their skin. The down side of becoming so invested in playing a character is that it can be difficult to let go once the drama is over. Some actors find it takes months to say goodbye.

At the premier of her new drama, "I Hear Your Voice," actress Lee Bo Young admitted that it was tough to get over her last character, Seo Young in the popular series, "My Daughter Seo Young." The 50 episode-series focused on the broken relationship between Seo Young and her father. Although it ended well, it was hard for her to walk away.

"I was depressed after "My Daughter Seo-Young," said Lee. "It was depressing to have to let go of the character."

Another actor who admits that he has a hard time letting go of characters is Jo In Sung. When asked if he found it easy to let go of Oh Soo, his romantic con man character in "That Winter, The Wind Blows," he admitted it was not. While the time it takes for him to say goodbye to a character can vary some are harder than others.

"I didn't really count how many days it took," said Jo In Sung. "I spent five months shooting this drama so it's not that easy to let go of a character that you live in for so many months. That's my weakness."

The more emotional the project, the harder it may be to let go. As Park Yoo Chun was wrapping up his role in "Missing You," he felt very protective of his character's world.

"This was a really emotional project and I became very attached to my Han Jung Woo character," said Park. "I really want to protect the world that Han Jung Woo lives in and I think I'm going to live with the desire to protect the people he wishes to protect until the very end."

Yoon Eun Hye, who played his love interest, found it easier to say goodbye to Lee Soo Yeon, the character whose painful life she portrayed with so much conviction.

"I was able to leave her fairly easily," said Yoon Eun Hye. "The suffering that she experienced can happen to anyone and the way I process things is similar to the way she does. In some ways she wasn't very different from me and maybe that's how I could say goodbye without much difficulty."

For some actors, the remedy is to start a new drama. That's what worked for Lee Bo Young. She was still down when she got the script for her new drama, "I Hear Your Voice," but the first four episodes were so much fun to film she knew she would recover. It helped that her new character Jang Hye Seong seemed similar to Seo Young even though the court drama is nothing like "My Daughter Seo Young."

"If Seo Young was an uncommunicative character, then this one is a bright one," she said.

Credits: KDramaStars

Guest NEWMARIO

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 34px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: bold; "Lee Jong Suk, 'Cutie Player' Repeat Mode?

LEE JONG SUK REVEALED 4-CUT 'CUTE' SETS WHILE FILMING FOR SBS DRAMA "I HEAR YOUR VOICE."

June 2, 2013 12:25 AM EDT |

75534-lee-jong-suk-filming-for-drama.jpg

lee jong suk filming for drama

Lee Jong Suk revealed 4-cut 'cute' sets while filming for SBS drama "I Hear Your Voice."

Lee Jong Suk, who is playing the main character role of Park Soo Ha in the drama, who reads people's minds, revealed several pictures while filming for the drama.

In the revealed pictures, Lee Jong Suk either held up a V with his fingers at the camera or made other funny facial expressions, bringing smiles to all who saw the picture.

It has also been revealed that Lee Jong Suk has great friendliness and ability to get comfortable with whoever he was acting with, including student actors.

One representative said, "Lee Jong Suk is always bright while filming, bringing up the moods of all staff members as well. But as soon as filming starts, he goes into serious acting mode with impressive concentration."

This drama will start airing on June 5.

Photo Credit: SBS

cr: kpopstarz.com

Archived