[OFFICIAL] ♡♡Monday Couple: ♥♡♡Song Ji Hyo and Kang Gary ♡♥♥

Guest Camilaa

This two are really teasing. Maybe they just really became best buddies after all that happen after all they have a couple of CFs together. But in the recent episode 281, Gary is definitely doing payback by basically snubbing Ji hyo. The push and pull was usually done by Ji hyo so maybe the squid got lucky. LOL. RM seems to have gone back to their earlier roots. Hope that it can safe their ratings and keep them together for awhile more. Like Ji Hyo does not seem to have much activity lately. Her last drama was emergency couple. After she left her old company and her CEO ex, she seems to have been refrigerated. Maybe she should join Jong Kook's new talent agency...Hope to see her in a new drama soon.

But at the same time, she was wearing a red Halyang cap and we know who owns that brand right!!!

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

This two are really teasing. Maybe they just really became best buddies after all that happen after all they have a couple of CFs together. But in the recent episode 281, Gary is definitely doing payback by basically snubbing Ji hyo. The push and pull was usually done by Ji hyo so maybe the squid got lucky. LOL. RM seems to have gone back to their earlier roots. Hope that it can safe their ratings and keep them together for awhile more. Like Ji Hyo does not seem to have much activity lately. Her last drama was emergency couple. After she left her old company and her CEO ex, she seems to have been refrigerated. Maybe she should join Jong Kook's new talent agency...Hope to see her in a new drama soon.

But at the same time, she was wearing a red Halyang cap and we know who owns that brand right!!!

I think Ji Hyo start to reconcile with Gary at the end of 2012...In the year 2012 , when the Monday Couple supposedly cease to continue, towards year's end of a Christmas edition (ep 125).. it is worth notice that Ji Hyo seemed to want to reconcile with Gary at that episode, in the beginning ,Gary seemed to carry on the event as usual, he didn't tease Ji Hyo for about a year and he just walk his path to the snow hill himself, but Ji Hyo surprisingly chase after him and call his name from behind, when Gary turn his head , she throw a snow ball at him...Gary was also surprise to her action (it seemed ),when he just smile and asking "why?", Ji hyo didn't reply , she only smiled and throw at Kwang soo after that ..such action seemed nothing but awkward in the beginning, totally illogical at first look , but after the following sequence when Ji Hyo fought so hard to try to get the sock for Gary, and she even push kwang soo away when she tried to help Gary put back his socks after the lost the match..a familiar feeling just creeps into me, where it seemed Ji Hyo was somehow tried to reconcile with Gary after a year long cooling period.

I also had just watch Ep 281 and i love it too,  and based on my personal opinion i think both Gary and KjK are smart when they are focus (instead of lucky).. Gary 's choosing of Ji Yeon's chance was both intelligent and at the same time helping her to get comfortable in RM episode (she was the guest)  , Ji Yeon already said she is good in game that require "knowledge" , the "fire lighter" game requires agility and luck actually, and it was not Ji Yeon's strength, take it example between a FPS or action pc games that require quick clicking on the mouse, and a Total War strategy game... The last game gives both Ji Yeon and Gary time to think , monitor and plan strategy, more ever Gary acknowledge a lady should has a silkier finger to pull the iron bar out.

However, Gary didn't display a cockiness when he had pair with Ji Yeon (except for that part when Jae suk force him to give a reply), he remain calm, focus and a gentleman approach towards Ji Yeon, Gary didn't even tried to clap hand or hug with Ji Yeon, so i don't think there was anything wrong when Gary paired with Ji yeon . However, a quick note that Ji Yeon seemed to be more comfortable and relax when she was working with Gary, maybe due to Gary's honest courtesy without exaggerating an interaction with her, the way Ji Yeon replied "Yes.." when Gary call out her name to pull a certain iron bar,looks more like a sister answering  her big brother...

@chinmf007_37ca...That's why I like Gary's character, he never tries to stand out unnecessarily unlike Kwang Soo. And I think Ji Yeon laughed at Gary's face not bcause he looks ugly, in fact I think she might actually be a fangirl. Hahaha. Recently I watched Happy Together eng subs and Kim Jong Kook was a guest with his turbo members..when they asked him if he was dating, he said he has been about a year that he has not dated and Jae Suk was flabbergasted as he did not know he has been dating until recently. (Of course alot of speculation where going on about him and ji hyo being an item as he has her number in his phone in other forums). but when the HT MCs ask him to choose between Eun Hye and Chae Yeon, he choose Eun Hye and he did try to call her but she had changed her number. So I think Jong Kook is maybe hoping to reconcile with Eun Hye but the actress might not want to as the recent FT episode show, the fortune teller said he is still holding onto his ideal type and he should give up on that ideal! It is also obvious Chae Yeon really holds a torch for Jong Kook cos her lips trembled when he chose Eun Hye and at the end, she said( maybe as a declaration to KJK as well that she will move on from her crush on him) that get a bf this year. Also the ahem other party I will not name names here, said that at every interview, SJH and KG has always said they are not close, which makes me wonder would a girl sit on the lap of a guy she is not close too during the company dinner with your supposed boyfriend there? Makes no sense.

42 minutes ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

@chinmf007_37ca...That's why I like Gary's character, he never tries to stand out unnecessarily unlike Kwang Soo. And I think Ji Yeon laughed at Gary's face not bcause he looks ugly, in fact I think she might actually be a fangirl. Hahaha. Recently I watched Happy Together eng subs and Kim Jong Kook was a guest with his turbo members..when they asked him if he was dating, he said he has been about a year that he has not dated and Jae Suk was flabbergasted as he did not know he has been dating until recently. (Of course alot of speculation where going on about him and ji hyo being an item as he has her number in his phone in other forums). but when the HT MCs ask him to choose between Eun Hye and Chae Yeon, he choose Eun Hye and he did try to call her but she had changed her number. So I think Jong Kook is maybe hoping to reconcile with Eun Hye but the actress might not want to as the recent FT episode show, the fortune teller said he is still holding onto his ideal type and he should give up on that ideal! It is also obvious Chae Yeon really holds a torch for Jong Kook cos her lips trembled when he chose Eun Hye and at the end, she said( maybe as a declaration to KJK as well that she will move on from her crush on him) that get a bf this year. Also the ahem other party I will not name names here, said that at every interview, SJH and KG has always said they are not close, which makes me wonder would a girl sit on the lap of a guy she is not close too during the company dinner with your supposed boyfriend there? Makes no sense.

I've always like Gary's character and persona in RM. I dunno about the rest but the fact still remains that MC have been close, much closer than before. If you try to recall the past episodes w/c MC interacts well, you can compare it w/ the past few years and you'll see the difference. Surprisingly Ji Hyo is much more closer now to Gary, she's much more comfortable around him now and she follow through w/ all their teases about them. She's not that shy anymore, she's more open and accepting w/ their RM MC-ling.

Btw, just wanna point out that if ever JH and KJK is in a relationship, JH will not be acting that way w/ Gary. I mean c'mon! It's been six freaking years! Just imagine the level of awkwardness on the taping, considering KJK and Gary are good friends, 'am sure Gary will be the one to brush JH off if the spartace is really true. Mon BF knows he's boundaries. He'll not tease JH if he knows the real BF is in there, taping w/ them all this time.  I just like to think that MC have such a better working relationship late last year and hopefully the incoming years. Though, guys... we can always dream, the door is not close. :) The romantic relationship between Gary and Ji Hyo will always be a possibility, unless one of the two come out w/ their relationship towards another person. Just like what JH did w/ her ex- bf/ceo. 

16 hours ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

Ya, i encounter one who argue that Ji Hyo and Kang Gary is not close ....She said Ji Hyo is more close towards Kwang soo , maybe we have another shipper group (as i can notice in some media site too;-) )  However i agree with what both you and @kira written is your post above:)

i want to add some points of my own here, before the 2013 season, Gary didn't much dare to approach Ji Jyo or gave her a hug...but starting 2013, Gary and Ji Hyo seemed getting more comfortable with each other where both Gary and Ji Hyo start to hug each other closely in few of the episodes, especially Ep 222 where Ji Hyo's head was sleeping at Gary's lap when eating the snack (the episode where they are Martian).  Most importantly, the body language between two person is difficult to "fake" or "act" if they are not close, there are already many scenes (mostly starting year 2013) where i deduce it bits by bits (in another forum) to show how "close" and "well interact" between them both, take example from figure skating pairs, the reason why they can skate so perfectly in a competition is because they possess that chemistry where they trust each other and allow each other's body to be "so close" to each other, and most of these figure skaters are couples or married couples...so i can deduce  that Gary and Ji Hyo's on screen interaction is as close as these figure skaters.

and look back to ep 281, there was the scene when Gary and Ji Yeon were closely focus in removing the iron bar, and Ji Hyo's facial expression was looking at them with a "jealous" and "stunned" look, she only "regain her sense" when Jae suk warn Gary about this. Gary's reply of "isn't she is the past? I have move on" seemed like an acting comment, as if he had been given instruction to mislead audience not to talk about MC moment, but oddly enough Gary spoke of it with a soft voice and he shift his eyes focus to the camera immediately after he look at Ji Hyo, apparently he didn't want to look into Ji Hyo's eyes when he talk about "breaking with her"...it was a sharp contrast when compare with Ep 278, when Gary was asked whether he is dating with Ji Hyo, at that occasion, even though Gary was blocking SeolHyun's ears, he look into Ji Hyo's eyes and said "Of course" happily , you can see Ji Hyo was smiling lovely then....But for ep 281, Ji Hyo look "depressed" with Gary's answer, seems like she was not prepared for that scene, now in ep 278 with all those promotion, everyone know RM is purposely set Gary up with SeolHyun together, Ji Hyo know this and prepare for it, that's why she still smiled lovely when seolHyun dancing with Gary.....  But in ep281, it was a bit unexpected  because there was no indicating Gary had a chance to work with Ji Yeon, so it took Ji Hyo off guard, but it proved that Ji Hyo has deep feeling for Gary's action, she smiled lovely when Gary say he loves her but she was "depressed" when she unexpectedly witness Gary was close with another lady, which show that Ji Hyo really "mind" what Gary is doing... earlier on  ep281, Ji Yeon actually sit side by side with KjK on the floor just before Jae suk call her out to represent him, Ji Hyo didn't seem mind at all...

By the way,I had just saw a new photo of ep 282... Gary in orange is holding Ji Hyo in Blue, and both of them wearing Halyang hats, not sure whether this will be cut in the actual RM show.

@chinmf007_37ca....I know right. I thought I saw the look on her face. Even Jae Suk had to console her. I was binge watching youtube videos to see if I can find this so called interviews and even for Gary saying he does not contact Ji Hyo outside of RM, we know he is telling a white lie during healing camp maybe because the guy who question him was a SJH fan and Gary has said before that he wanted to protect her reputation as an actress cos SJH actually invited him to act in the cameo of Emergency Couple and she said this during the interview in Singapore during the EC promo and she was very happy describing she had a lot of fun acting with him. Did you see the latest BTS photos of SBS running man IG, Gary was holding Ji Hyo hands and they were wearing matching black Halyang caps  and Ji Hyo looked happy to be led by Gary!! Wow! I don't know how to insert pictures so I am very grateful to @Tracer1 for her effort. @kira.. I like Gary character too. Even the others make fun of his looks from squid to even during the SG fanmeet interview Haha teased Gary that he can be a ginseng picker as a career causing much laughter amongst the other members, Gary laughed hard to and agreed that it will be a good career for him. He is truly sporting.

1 hour ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

@chinmf007_37ca....I know right. I thought I saw the look on her face. Even Jae Suk had to console her. I was binge watching youtube videos to see if I can find this so called interviews and even for Gary saying he does not contact Ji Hyo outside of RM, we know he is telling a white lie during healing camp maybe because the guy who question him was a SJH fan and Gary has said before that he wanted to protect her reputation as an actress cos SJH actually invited him to act in the cameo of Emergency Couple and she said this during the interview in Singapore during the EC promo and she was very happy describing she had a lot of fun acting with him. Did you see the latest BTS photos of SBS running man IG, Gary was holding Ji Hyo hands and they were wearing matching black Halyang caps  and Ji Hyo looked happy to be led by Gary!! Wow! I don't know how to insert pictures so I am very grateful to @Tracer1 for her effort. @kira.. I like Gary character too. Even the others make fun of his looks from squid to even during the SG fanmeet interview Haha teased Gary that he can be a ginseng picker as a career causing much laughter amongst the other members, Gary laughed hard to and agreed that it will be a good career for him. He is truly sporting.

Yes, i saw that latest photo of them wearing Halyang Cap for Ep 282 :)

Regarding Interviews, there had been many...the one which you said where the other shippers claim MC do not contact each other may be an old one, or one which is selective under circumstances,  there was a how where Jae Dung was the host, and the audience were given chance to ask Gary question, and they even call Ji Hyo via phone, that show actually is a proof they are very close, but i couldn't find it now...  But here is the funny thing, for these non-believers , they prefer to spend their time selectively chosen certain "line of words" just to make them feel "righteous", but when we refer to the whole scenario and counter their claim, they usually go quiet for a while but used the same argument again on other person... lol

yes, Gary always possess such charisma that draw people towards him, and he is not as "weak" or "unattractive" as some people suggest, for as many as those who dislike him, there are always those who are fond of him (secretly) and willing to fight for him, the drastic difference between normal idol and Gary is, Idol(s) usually receive open confession from those who "like" them, sometimes  during a show...But Gary's admirer(s) simply help him out or lean on him in RM show, without openly claiming they "like" him in the first place.. Ep 139's Lee Yeon-hee , Ep 154's sulli and Ep 224's Kyung Soo-jin are just few of the examples where these ladies display a different degree of affection towards Gary, where they took initiative to fight for him within the show, especially Kyung soo-Jin who fought so fierce to lead Gary's victory ,even draw out Ji Hyo 's jealousy confession in their interview in 2014

2 hours ago, Mintmutt said:

Excuse Me, May I ask about news?  Do songjihyo to filming We Got Marry in China? I'm not sure with news.

Really!? Of all the shows she can appear in she chose China WGM. This shipping thing will get messier if it is true. I mean look at alot of WGM couples. Even I am still guilty for being a Jjongah shipper even I know it is not true.

I have seen this news from somebody on weibo china a few day ago and thailand facebook page have share this news and somebody from korea tell that true. But I think that it is still rumor. 

15 minutes ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

Really!? Of all the shows she can appear in she chose China WGM. This shipping thing will get messier if it is true. I mean look at alot of WGM couples. Even I am still guilty for being a Jjongah shipper even I know it is not true.

I have seen this news from somebody on weibo china a few day ago and thailand facebook page have share this news and somebody from korea tell that true. But I think that it is still rumor. 

On 1/14/2016 at 9:38 PM, Mintmutt said:

@cissmahs_3690 @Mintmutt regarding the WGM China,  someone else asked about it in my Line Group too....and according to friend within my Group, it is or (was) confirmed that Song Ji Hyo will not feature in WGM as one of the pair, they list out the list of confirmed pair, and Song Ji Hyo's name was not in it.....so, i think Ji Hyo won't be involving:)

Don't worry too much about it:)

@chinmf007_37ca Thanks for the update. At least we won't need to worry about WGM shippers going crazy when MC have a moment. LOL. Episode 282 is quite tone down after the highs of previous episode. Except for Si Wan maybe the other guests are not as charismatic. JK is taking care of his dong saeng Gary by offering something to drink from that table and I don't know what it is. Haha should stop the squid reference, it is getting lame and offensive. If Ji HYo do marry any of the supposed guys that she is dating from RM memebers be it Gary or JK or even KS, it will be end of the RM line up as we know it or even a total overhaul of the group. So I don't exactly look forward to that. But one thing is for sure, Ji Hyo does not date the guy for his looks (ex BF huge looking CEO dude). More like a sense of security and maybe luxury. I can understand that. It is not easy being married to another artist with a busy schedule and crazy up and down income. So who knows what happens. She could decide not to get married at all.

15 hours ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

@chinmf007_37ca Thanks for the update. At least we won't need to worry about WGM shippers going crazy when MC have a moment. LOL. Episode 282 is quite tone down after the highs of previous episode. Except for Si Wan maybe the other guests are not as charismatic. JK is taking care of his dong saeng Gary by offering something to drink from that table and I don't know what it is. Haha should stop the squid reference, it is getting lame and offensive. If Ji HYo do marry any of the supposed guys that she is dating from RM memebers be it Gary or JK or even KS, it will be end of the RM line up as we know it or even a total overhaul of the group. So I don't exactly look forward to that. But one thing is for sure, Ji Hyo does not date the guy for his looks (ex BF huge looking CEO dude). More like a sense of security and maybe luxury. I can understand that. It is not easy being married to another artist with a busy schedule and crazy up and down income. So who knows what happens. She could decide not to get married at all.

Yes, i agree...and that's what i was telling my friends and supporters of Gaejihyo, that it will be the best interest for everyone that Gary and Ji Hyo never declare themselves until they are truely ready....

It was based on Gary and Ji Hyo's on screen chemistry plus their interaction that most of us believe they are a pair of real couple, for me to hook up with them is because they are  authentic and unique as compare to normal on screen couples, their relationship build on from the fundamental and really carry on to evolving process, most audience may say 6 years are too long or too boring, but for me it was these six years that really show us that truthful relationship is not based on "impulsive" love attraction that don't last long.... Gary and Ji Hyo had shown us at least they are very close and comfortable with each other for such long years, they are at least a very very good "push and pull" couple that will stand by each other till the end, sometimes... maybe they don't need a marriage to showcase everyone that they are happy together, because even marriage can't guarantee a long-last relationship if the couples are not truthful, as it happens to lots of entertainment couples where marriage for them is just "another show"..

So on the bright side, it may show that Gary and Ji Hyo are taking marriage very seriously and won't simply give "lip service" of "I do" unless they have taken all things into consideration...  

Well... i don't think Gary will mind much being call "squid", he and HaHa seem to know each other for such long that since in Ep 1, HaHa already start teasing him with all sort of "names", and Gary always look like a person who clearly know his strength and weakness by accepting it as a part of life, Leassang was never an idol group that "sell" their face, they survive through their alternative talent and skill, If i am not mistaken , another respectable composure for Gary is that he never disgrace anyone by calling them "names", the most is that he calls Ji Hyo "MongJi", which i think it is because he really feels "close" with her and it was meant as compliment.... in Ep 166, when  Park Shin-Hye,Kim Wo-Bin and Choi Jin-Hyuk came as guests, initially Jae suk start to refer Kwang soo and JK as "squid" when compare to the guests, but clearly i can see Gary was sensitive about it and take no part in teasing KS and JK, he said something like "If even they are are squid, then what am I...?", it was not apparent but he stay quite far away from the other cast during introduction until Shin-Hye somehow notice him and drag him close to her, a very touchy moment (even though it was brief) that gary's aura always attract nice girl to him..LOL

@cissmahs_3690 , @Mintmutt.. i guess now all of us realise Ji Hyo joined WGM (officially?)

But we shouldn't be too bitter about it, Ji Hyo 's career opportunity is less now, so it is understandable she took a chance.. as for Gary , if he really loves Ji Hyo, i believe he won't mind respecting ji hyo's decision , if there is enough trust between them...MondayCouple can sail through the storm again as they did in 2012, that's what we call "long term commitment"  :-)

3 hours ago, chinmf007_37ca said:

@cissmahs_3690 , @Mintmutt.. i guess now all of us realise Ji Hyo joined WGM (officially?)

But we shouldn't be too bitter about it, Ji Hyo 's career opportunity is less now, so it is understandable she took a chance.. as for Gary , if he really loves Ji Hyo, i believe he won't mind respecting ji hyo's decision , if there is enough trust between them...MondayCouple can sail through the storm again as they did in 2012, that's what we call "long term commitment"  :-)

You mean she will be in the china wgm or the korean one? Who will she be paired with? Why do I have a feeling that the FT that she had was a run up to her being on WGM. Like Yura when she had a FT reading during her WGM stint and the FT said she will do well to go back to school, she really appeared in an episode of the one where they go to school, can't remember the name (I think it has ended it's run). I know actually there were many couples in WGM who were dating others outside of the show. So I don't care too much but some fans go crazy if their WGM bias starts to date some one else for real and they just think it is a scam for e.g. nick khun and victoria from f(x). For some WGM was a blessing bringing them instant recognition like Hong Jong Hyun who earned alot of overseas fans after his stint. For some it was a nightmare like Taeyeon who was paired with Hyun Don. So it really is the luck of the draw.

14 minutes ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

You mean she will be in the china wgm or the korean one? Who will she be paired with? Why do I have a feeling that the FT that she had was a run up to her being on WGM. Like Yura when she had a FT reading during her WGM stint and the FT said she will do well to go back to school, she really appeared in an episode of the one where they go to school, can't remember the name (I think it has ended it's run). I know actually there were many couples in WGM who were dating others outside of the show. So I don't care too much but some fans go crazy if their WGM bias starts to date some one else for real and they just think it is a scam for e.g. nick khun and victoria from f(x). For some WGM was a blessing bringing them instant recognition like Hong Jong Hyun who earned alot of overseas fans after his stint. For some it was a nightmare like Taeyeon who was paired with Hyun Don. So it really is the luck of the draw.

It is the China WGM, her partner is Chen Bolin ( i don't know who he is), the casting will be in Korea though....

Ya , i agree with you.... i think Ji Hyo has very few opportunity in Korea now, so she needs oversea project to sustain her career, personally i don't think it is something horrible, but haters seem to swarm both Gary and ji hyo, some haters are not actually  fans , but they just like to become trouble makers to troll Gary's IG account, it is worst when they paste their comments to troll MC fans...

For us, we just carry on and see how RM will develop, it is not as serious as in 2012....so it will be interesting to see how Gary interact with her, did you watch Gary's continuous MV? i think it was a hint by Gary... Ji Hyo is all alone in the city and when she look at the sign board , she imagine she can see Gary's face on it, she sat down and wondering whether Gary will ever forgive her? will Gary forget about her and move on? In the end, she didn't realise Gary was actually watching over her silently, indicating that no matter what happen, he will still stand by her side... 

@chinmf007_37ca.. Chen Bolin is quite good looking Taiwanese actor. He is younger than SJH by two years. They will make a good visual pair sorry to say this. Chen Bolin had dated a Malaysian model who is based in Hong Kong called Mandy Lieu for three years before breaking up. She is beautiful but a gold digger. You can google about her. Anyway I will watch cause I want to watch the dynamics and SJH in WGM, gosh she is always blanking out in RM let alone another variety show. LOL.

5 hours ago, cissmahs_3690 said:

@chinmf007_37ca.. Chen Bolin is quite good looking Taiwanese actor. He is younger than SJH by two years. They will make a good visual pair sorry to say this. Chen Bolin had dated a Malaysian model who is based in Hong Kong called Mandy Lieu for three years before breaking up. She is beautiful but a gold digger. You can google about her. Anyway I will watch cause I want to watch the dynamics and SJH in WGM, gosh she is always blanking out in RM let alone another variety show. LOL.

I had got some alternative theory from MC fan , and since you are more alert in entertainment industry , i want to hear your opinion too:)

that person analyse that Gary and Ji Hyo had initially make a real date during christmas period, but somehow they had alert "Dispatch"...there were sightings of Dispatch setting up equipment and follow both of them, and it is rumour that Dispatch got "something"..

the person also analyse that Kwang soo was only a last minute recruitment to join Gary and Ji Hyo for the weibo event, maybe because MC asked him to join as a diversion from Dispatch theory...and all of a sudden Ji Hyo suddenly join WGM....so maybe MC really don't want their real relationship to be expose , so Ji Hyo accept the WGM contract immediately as a diversion too, to start a new love line to divert Dispatch..... so that they won't follow them

anyway, this is just something to share with you from another fan's view, what do you think?

Really huh? they were almost caught by Dispatch? But then again, Dispatch some times make stories up, It's like they can't go out on their own (Ji Hyo and gary) anymore and enjoy some drinks and dinner together. for all they know they're not dating in the real sense of the word, but they're just hangin' out/ chillin' w/ a good friend. Sad that these people can't enjoy their time w/ all the media hounding them all the time, going for the scoop selling their 'own' version of the story in a picture, w/ no concrete evidence. 

Archived