[Movie 2014] The King's Wrath / The Fatal Encounter 역린

Admin

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naruto00

Hyun Bin gets into character as a king for upcoming historical movie 'The King's Wrath'

4qv8.jpg

A still-cut of actor Hyun Bin in his new historical movie 'The King's Wrath' has been revealed, exciting all those who have been eagerly awaiting for his return with a project!

Although he often played the romantic guy in hit dramas such as 'My Name is Kim Sam Soon' and 'Secret Garden,' he chose his first historical work 'The King's Wrath' as his comeback production after getting discharged from the military. 

As mentioned previously, he will be playing the young King Jung Jo during the Joseon Dynasty. The movie's plot involves an assassination plot of King Jung Jo, so you can bet that it'll be one filled with twists and thrills to keep you on the edge of your seats.

The movie will premiere some time in the first half of 2014! Do you like Hyun Bin's new look?

Source: Allkpop

• 3 weeks later...

Official Character Stills (4/7 under the cut):
Hyun Bin - King Jeongjo923589a7gw1ecqxb661ylj20vy1kwk5z_zps2bbb

Han Ji-min - Queen Jeongsun923589a7gw1ecqxb4vgc8j21kw0vy7fk_zpsdfe1

Kim Sung-ryeong - Lady Hyegyeong (Jeongjo's mother)923589a7gw1ecqxb89ri4j21kw2t8aws_zps9cdb

Park Sung-woong - politician supporting Jeongjo704_1217615_486760_zps7426bc14.jpg
Jo Jae-hyun - Gwang-baek704_1217617_889310_zps48e6a253.jpg

Jo Jung-seok - Eul-soo (assassin masquerading as bodyguard)704_1217618_815269_zps5ef95a8c.jpg

Jung Jae-young - assassin turned bodyguard704_1217619_918903_zpscd04fbed.jpg

Guest crystal_t33rs

Wow that is some freakin' cast! Trailer gave me goosebumps too! I especially can't wait to see how Han Ji-min plays Queen Jeong-sun. 

• 1 month later...

Can't hardly wait OMG.. it takes them so long to shoot this movie.. I sense epicness. They'll deliver us an awesome movie with these awesome actors.. Hyun Bin.. the reason why I love kdrama.. Secret Garden historical item.. Han Ji Min, the goddess.. well, as a hopeless romantic ahjumma, I was hoping that HJM will play Sejong's Queen and they'll have some love lines.. but I guess I've watch too many kdramas that I can't tell the different between a movie and a drama.. saaawwryyy onnie's bad..

Welcome back Hyun Bin.. I guess his eagerness to clim to the top again and spread his wings is about to become reality..

@suchadiva42 anneyong

• 3 weeks later...

According to Amazing Couple FaceBook, the VIP premiere invitation of The King's Wrath will likely be on April 22th in which the release date will be on April 29th.

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"Hyun Bin’s New Movie ‘The King’s Wrath’ to Premiere in April
The King’s Wrath starring Hyun Bin, who is making his return to the big screen after finishing his military duties, has announced its release date. 

The movie, which was originally scheduled to premiere in May, will now be released on April 30.

On April 17, the movie production and distribution company, Lotte Entertainment, confirmed the release date and announced the schedule for the upcoming press conference and promotional activities.

61189002.jpg

The King’s Wrath has been gathering much interest and expectation as it is Hyun Bin′s first project since he got discharged from the military in December of 2012. 

The movie was directed by Lee Jae Kyu, who also directed popular dramas such as Damo, Beethoven Virus, The King 2Hearts and more. 

The movie will also star Han Ji Min, Jung Jae Young, Jo Jung Seok, Park Sung Woong, Kim Sung Ryeong and others. 

Photo credit: Lotte Entertainment | march 17 2014 credit mwave

class="content-title" style="font-variant: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hyun Bin’s Historical Comeback Movie “The King’s Wrath” Premieres April 30kpop1stop March 18, 2014  | soompi

hyunbin.png

A release date has finally been set for Hyun Bin‘s comeback movie “The King’s Wrath.” This is Hyun Bin’s first project since finishing his military service in 2012. The movie will premiere on April 30 and will be going up against the Hollywood blockbuster “The Amazing Spider Man 2” which will be released on April 24 in Korea. 

The King’s Wrath is a historical movie based on the chaotic reign of King Jeongjo (1752-1800) who was the 22nd ruler of the Joseon Dynasty. Hyun Bin will be playing King Jeongjo in the movie.

The movie is the first film for director Lee Jae Kyu who directed the 2012 drama “The King 2 Hearts.”

Watch the exciting trailer to the movie below. You can also view posters of the movie and learn more about the movie here.

http://youtu.be/EBAqjYc6NGU

class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; font-size: 22px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(240, 173, 29); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px;"[Movie behind] From ‘Ryoo Seung-Yong’ to ‘Hyun Bin,’ Screen Predictions for AprilPosted by: psr project, March 18, 2014This post is also available in: Korean
Due to great weather and cherry blossoms, April is usually the off season for the theaters. However, this April will be filled with great actors.
From Jeong Jae-Yeong, Lee Sung-Min, Ryoo Seung-Yong, to Hyun Bin, various genres of movies will open in April.

April 10, <Roving Edge> – Jung Jae-Yeong, Lee Sung-Min
This movie is about a father who has suddenly become a murderer after losing a daughter, and the detective who has to catch him. Jeong Jae-Yeong and Lee Sung-Min’s match is creating much anticipation.
Jeong Jae-Yeong plays the father ‘Sang-Hyun,’ who has suddenly lost his daughter, kills the murderer of his daughter, and chases the other suspect. Lee Sung-Min plays the detective ‘Eok-Gwan’ who chases after ‘Sang-Hyun,’ and gets troubled between his duty and pity. The contradicting position between two characters is the main focus of the movie.
 April 30 <Target> – Ryoo Seung-Yong
The movie <Target> is about ‘Yeo-Hoon’ (Ryoo Seung-Yong), a man who was dragged into a mysterious murder incident, ‘Tae-Joon’ (Lee Jin-Wook), a doctor who joins him in order to save his wife, and two detectives who chase them.
Ryoo Seung-Yong’s new challenge in action garners much anticipation. Especially, having created deep impressions with ‘I Need Romance,’ ‘Nine,’ ‘and the movie <Miss Granny>, Lee Jin-Wook will show his transformation. 
%EC%97%AD%EB%A6%B0.jpg
April 30 <The King’s Wrath> – Hyun Bin
<The King’s Wrath> made the news as the returning movie of Hyun Bin. It is set in Joseon period, about the assassination of the king – it describes the crossing paths of those who have to live, those who have to be killed, and those who have to survive. Hyun Bin plays the king ‘Jeongjo,’ giving a shot at his first historical movie.
It is highly anticipated if <Roving Edge>, <Target>, and <The King’s Wrath> will turn the off season into the peak season.
 Written by Han Jihee | getitk

Hyeon Bin presents jumpers to "The King's Wrath" staff

fullsizephoto395340.jpg
Hyeon Bin presented 100 jumpers to the staff of the movie "The King's Wrath" for New Years.
The movie is in the final stages of wrapping up and there were a lot of outdoor scenes. This present was thoughtfully prepared by Hyeon Bin for those staff who were travelling back and forth Damyang, Jeonju, Gwangju and more.
Hyeon Bin said, "Despite the physical exhaustion that comes from traveling around and spending the nights up, the staff have been getting along really well. I hope this present helps to warm them even the slightest bit".
Meanwhile, "The King's Wrath" is about the political confusion in the Chosun times and Hyeon Bin plays the role of Jeong Jo.photo395341.jpg
source topstarnewscredit hancinemadate january 21 2014

Archived