[Drama 2013] Sword (Knife) and Flower (칼과 꽃)

Guest maea18

Lee Min-Ho-I to Star in KBS "Knife and Flower" 

photo313833.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho-I is starring in the KBS 2TV drama "Knife and Flower" as the crowned prince.

Lee Min-ho-I will take on the role of King Yeong-ryu's son and stand in conflict with Yeon Gae So-mun who threatens the throne.

Lee Min-ho-I was highlighted in the drama "The Sun and the Moon" and recently starred in the movie "Running Man" with Sin Ha-gyoon.

"Knife and Flower" is about Moo-yeong (Kim Ok-bin) falling in love with Yeon-chung (Eom Tae-woong) who killed her father and being confused between love and revenge. To be aired in July after "Heaven's Order".

Source: Nate + HanCinema

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

【천명】후속【칼과꽃】대본리딩 현장이 공개됐어요. 엄태웅, 김옥빈, 김영철, 최민수 등 연기파 배우들이 뭉쳤으니 재미+작품성은 100% 보장이겠죠? +.+ 7월 3일(수) KBS2 첫 방송
【 Thousands 】 【 swords and flowers 】 script readings follow up scene's been disclosed. Uhm Tae-Woong, and Kim, Kim young-chul, Choi Min-soo had to smoke, such as wave actors mung fun + work is 100% guaranteed perhaps? +. + July 3 (Wednesday) KBS2 first broadcast
960057_616487055030160_2072506770_n_zps083961f7.jpg

source:KBS FP

Guest maea18

@ebulli3nt thanks for always updating..  ;) 
so glad that lee min ho got casted in the drama.. now, i have really something to look forward to beside uhmforce :)

Guest maea18

Sword and Flower’s first poster and script read by girlfriday @dramabeans

Production is underway for KBS’s Sword and Flower, the Goguryeo-era sageuk starring Uhm Tae-woong and Kim Ok-bin as star-crossed lovers with two warring fathers, a political conspiracy, and the fate of an entire country standing between them. Just your average Wednesday-Thursday around these parts. The first teaser poster is out, which looks fantastic — mystery, sweeping romance, maybe some epic bloodshed on the horizon? The cast also gathered for its first script read, and I am officially excited for the Uhm Tae-woong/Choi Min-soo pairing of fatherly doom. Just look at ‘em. Rawr.

Playing the two patriarchs at war are Kim Young-chul (IRIS 2) as King Young-ryu of Goguryeo, and Choi Min-soo (Happy Ending) as General Yeon Gaesomun. They’ll fight to the death (literally) for control of the throne during Goguryeo’s twilight years. And caught in the middle will be Kim Ok-bin, princess and daughter of King Young-ryu, and Uhm Tae-woong, the illegitimate son of Yeon Gaesomun.

The veteran actors reportedly took their competitive spirit off the page, each taking care to side with his own son or daughter. Kim Young-chul advised Kim Ok-bin: “You have to come with the image ingrained in your heart that you are the daughter of a precious family,” and ran over her lines with her, while Choi Min-soo spent his break time talking over their characters with Uhm Tae-woong. Adorable. I have the feeling this is going to be the kind of show where behind-the-scenes levity is the only kind we’ll get, but hey, I’ll take it.

The drama from Equator Man PD Kim Yong-soo and Mom Is Pretty Too writer Kwon Min-soo also co-stars Park Su-jin as a second love interest for Uhm Tae-woong, Lee Jung-shinas Kim Ok-bin’s bodyguard, Lee Min-ho as her brother, and Goo Won as Choi Min-soo’s bodyguard.

Sword and Flower follows Mandate of Heaven and premieres July 3 on KBS.

Kim Sang-Ho Cast for "Knife and Flower" 

photo314805.jpg

Actor Kim Sang-ho has been cast for the new KBS 2TV drama "Knife and Flower".

He takes on the role of So Sa-bun, the head of a secret group that opposes Yeon Gae So-mun (Choi Min-soo). So Sa-bun revives the secret group and plots to revenge against Yeon Gae So-mun to whom the authority has gone over to.

Kim Sang-ho's acting has been acknowledged by many and he's won the Best Supporting Act for his performance as Bang Jeong-bae in the KBS 2TV weekend drama "My Husband Got a Family".

Kim Sang-ho is currently taking on the role of Baek Do-sik in the OCN TV show "Special Affairs Team TEN Season 2".

Meanwhile, "Knife and Flower" is a mellow drama about a man and a woman who fall in love despite their misfortunes. Yeon Gae So-mun's daughter Moo-yeong (Kim Ok-bin) falls in love with Yeon-chung (Eom Tae-woong) who killed her father. To be aired on the 3rd of July.

Credits: HanCinema

"Knife and Flower" Poster Revealed

photo314683.jpg

KBS2 TV drama "Knife and Flower" revealed its poster.

The poster features a woman whose face isn't shown.

The woman is holding her skirt in one hand and a sword in the other. The skirt is wet in blood while flower petals and flying all around it.

The production says, "The poster represents hate from the sword and love from the flowers. The mysterious and dark image represents the tragic love of the man and woman in the movie".

Starring Kim Ok-bin, "Knife and Flower" will be broadcasted on the 3rd of July.

Source: Sports Seoul + HanCinema

Guest gloudore

‘칼과 꽃’ 김영철VS최민수, 최강 카리스마 대결 ‘눈길’

a>
[최송희 기자] 배우 김영철과 최민수가 카리스마 대결에 나선다.

7월3일 방송될 KBS2 특별기획드라마 ‘칼과 꽃’(극본 권민수, 연출 김용수 박진석)에서 김영철과 최민수는 각각 영류왕과 연개소문으로 맞불을 예정.

특히 영류왕과 연개소문은 고구려를 지키려는 열정이 남달랐지만 불행히도 국가를 운영하는 가치와 철학이 달랐고, 무엇보다도 당나라에 대한 대외정책 대립으로 갈등이 끊이지 않는다.

뿐만 아니라 왕 전문배우로 불리는 김영철과 카리스마 대명사 최민수가 각각 영류왕과 연개소문으로 캐스팅되면서 불꽃 튀는 남자 대 남자의 대결을 예고하고 있는 것.

이에 역대 최강의 불꽃 튀는 카리스마 대결로 기대를 모으며 벌써부터 이목이 집중되고 있다.

존 재감만으로도 강력한 남자 포스를 뿜어대는 두 배우는 각자의 역할을 소화하기 위해 외모에도 변화를 준 상태다. 김영철은 용맹스럽고 날카로운 영류왕을 위해 체중을 감량했고, 최민수는 위풍당당한 수장 연개소문을 위해 체중을 늘리고 수염을 길렀다.

현 장에서도 이미 카리스마로 주위를 평정한 두 배우. 극중 천하의 정적으로 등장하지만 실제로는 돈독한 선후배 사이로 서로를 격려하며 선의의 경쟁을 펼치는 중이다. 대본 리딩 현장에서 김영철이 최민수의 수염에 관심을 보이자 최민수는 “선배님이 저보다 젊어 보이십니다”라고 화답하는 등 농담을 주고받기도 했다.

한편 증오를 상징하는 칼과 사랑을 상징하는 꽃, 원수지간인 선대의 어긋난 운명 속에서도 사랑에 빠지는 연인을 그린 멜로드라마 ‘칼과 꽃’은 ‘천명’ 후속으로 7월3일 오후 10시 첫 방송된다. (사진 제공 : ‘칼과꽃’ 문화산업전문회사)

한경닷컴 w스타뉴스 기사제보 news@wstarnews.com

Guest nedenuleyn

I have the hunch that this drama will get very high ratings and it will be very popular. I hope it become a hit. The poster is one of the most beautiful posters I've ever seen. 

Guest maea18

On Joo-wan to star in KBS "Knife and Flower"
photo316293.jpg

Actor On Joo-wan has been cast for the new KBS 2TV drama "Knife and Flower".

This is his first miniseries since his debut. Oh Joo-wan takes on the role of Jang, the nephew of King Yeong-ryu (Kim Young-cheol). He is the captain of the king's warriors and is faithful to his duties. He also cares a lot for his cousin Moo-yeong (Kim Ok-bin). However, he ends up betraying King Yeong-ryu after Yeon-Gae So-mun (Choi Min-soo) makes an offer impossible to refuse. He becomes King Bojang for doing that.

This is On Joo-wan's first drama in 2 years since the 2011 drama "My Love By My Side".

On Joo-wan said, "I am excited to star in this drama and to work with amazing people. I should work harder as I am the last to join the drama".

"Knife and Flower" is a mellow drama about a woman falling in love with the wrong destiny. Yeon-gae So-mun and King Yeong-ryu are rivals. Their children Moo-yeong (Kim Ok-bin) and Yeon-chung (Eom Tae-woong) fall in love.

Source : www.sportsworldi.com/... ( English )

Hi, new here. I love the official poster for this drama. :x  They change the title. The English title is The Blade and Petal. Lovely.  I was not sure if I will watch this sageuk. I read news about this show. I like very much Uhm Tae-woong but what make me change my mind was the powerful veteran trio, Choi Min Su, Kim Young Chul and Kim Sang-ho. :)>- :x

I will give it a try. Now, some pictures....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-XPQSMBGZL7HeeR-H_NN

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwVBk9xCtCWfdcdmS2sKx

Archived