stabbed in the back by "friends"

Guest Juli~<3

Guest Juli~<3

This occurred about 2 months ago now.. I have somewhat move on but am still troubled by it. 
The story:
Met these girls during the start of college. We were good friends for the first semester. We talked about living together the next year. I currently still live with one of them in the same flat on campus, let's call her X.Then winter break came. One of the girls went back to Canada, let's call her Y. Second semester came. Y starts acting really distant. She just ignores me outright even if she sees me. In the first semester she used to be all pally with me. Now its like she doesn't see me even if I'm standing there. If I am with mutual friends, she won't come to talk to anyone in that group. Anyway, we had to submit applications for living together. X, up until the day of application, was all like "yea we'll live together". The day of applications came and I heard X talking with some girls in the computer room about submitting applications. I was in the same room. Whether she saw me or not is a different question. The day passed. 
A few days later I texted X asking about applications. She asked me to meet her in the kitchen. Here, she spewed out some nonsense about how these 2 other random girls were meant to be living with other people but then had found they had nobody to live with. Then the 2 random girls and Y put down X's name on the form and just submitted it. And that Y said she wanted to live with X and one of the other girls and that was it. The latter may be true. But the first is most definitely bull. Student numbers needed to be put down on the application form. They could not have just simply submitted the form without her student number. 
So I have sort of forgiven X. She's weak willed. She's a sheep. She's stupid and really fake. 
Who I can't seem to forgive and forget is Y. She acted like we were such good friends in first semester. Then she just starts acting all cold and distant. I have asked other mutual friends about it and they still seem to think that she is super nice and the same. There is nothing that I could have done to offend her so badly. But what she has done is plain rude. Once we were walking towards each other on the same path and then she had to say hi. But it was still super fake.
Anyway, we're in our last week of Easter break. She's gone back to Canada. Do I wait until she returns to ask her why she's being such a female dog? Or do I just suck it up and move on?
Also, I feel that X and Y's scheming behind my back has made me feel very self conscious. I have no idea who I can trust anymore. 
I have tried moving on and forging better friendships with other people. But it is still hard. 
Please advise me on what I should generally do and also what I should do with regards to Y.
Many thanks! x

Guest UnicornGummi

Have you only known these two girls for one semester? Or has it been a few years since you started college?
Imo, it's not worth your time. They don't seem like very nice girls since one of them obviously has a problem with you but doesn't have the balls to bring it up with you. Instead she ignores you and outcasts you. I really think you're better off finding new friends and stop getting so hung up over them. I'm sure you still have lots of time to develop friendships so try to look past them and find people who are better worth your time. It will make your college experience so much better! :) 
Also you mentioned that X is fake and a sheep and honestly I don't think I want to be friends with that person even if she liked me. I think if you're not one for drama and you don't like dealing with people's bs, stay away from them since based off what you said they seem like very troublesome people. 
If you're REALLY desperate (which I don't suggest being), you can try talking to Y about it. I really don't think they're worth your time though. 

Guest Juli~<3

I've only known them for one semester. But the 3 of us are grads doing an undergrad course. So I thought they would have grown up a bit. 
I think it's cos although it's my second time at college, my first time was really close to home so I still had my support group at hand. But my new college is really far and it is generally really hard for me to make friends. So I thought I could trust them.
I don't want to be friends with X, true. I have spoken with a mutual friend and she thinks she is really fake too. I just make polite chit chat but nothing major anymore. 
I wish I could stop being hung up over it, I really do. 

Guest UnicornGummi

I understand that it's hard to make friends. I attend an out of state college and I came here knowing absolutely no one. You just have to get up the courage to do it though! :) Look for someone who looks nice in your class and try to sit next to them. Try and strike up a random conversation about the class or something and if you guys have a big exam coming up, invite them to come study with you. If they're not a complete b, they'd probably appreciate the invite (assuming they don't have a hoard of friends in that class). See if you guys get along as you spend time together, if not, just make polite chit chat next time you see her and move onto someone else. 
You're making this sound like a bad breakup. :P You've only known these people for a semester and they've already proven that they're not your friends, so chances are they're not going to matter that much in your life down the line. It's better to find people who you can be friends with for a life time. 

haha sorry i still dont get it. what exactly did they do to stab you in the back?

as for the situation that youre in, you cant find another place to live in? it cant be that hard to find a spare room somewhere at or near the campus?

Guest Juli~<3

UnicornGummi said: I understand that it's hard to make friends. I attend an out of state college and I came here knowing absolutely no one. You just have to get up the courage to do it though! :) Look for someone who looks nice in your class and try to sit next to them. Try and strike up a random conversation about the class or something and if you guys have a big exam coming up, invite them to come study with you. If they're not a complete b, they'd probably appreciate the invite (assuming they don't have a hoard of friends in that class). See if you guys get along as you spend time together, if not, just make polite chit chat next time you see her and move onto someone else. 
You're making this sound like a bad breakup. :P You've only known these people for a semester and they've already proven that they're not your friends, so chances are they're not going to matter that much in your life down the line. It's better to find people who you can be friends with for a life time. 

Guest UnicornGummi

Juli~&lt;3 said:well everyone has sorta forged friendship groups alredi. whilst i a sorta in a group myself, i'm not that close with them. 
also, as an introvert on a course full of very extroverted people, its very daunting too! lol
thanks for your help :) i really appreciate it

Archived