Lee Min Ho (1993) 이민호 as Kang Seung bum in Time Renegade

Guest maea18

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Min-ho headlines Joseon teen rom-comby girlfriday

LeeMinHo_BaeSeulGi1.jpg

This sounds like a fun project. Lee Min-ho (the younger, aka Rooftop Prince and The Moon That Embraces the Sun’s child-star-turned-young-man Lee Min-ho) has been cast to star in a teen sageuk romantic comedy film called School of Youth. After playing everybody’s younger counterpart in so many historical dramas, it’s nice to see Lee hit his first romantic lead milestone as he turns twenty. (So young, I know.)

Bae Seul-gi (of Night Hospital and Best Love, also in the upcoming Kkang-chulie) has been cast as his leading lady. Lee Min-ho plays a young nobleman’s son, a scholar particularly gifted in math. He’s smart and well-liked, but his interests lie in humble crafts and technologies — things that a nobleman shouldn’t concern himself with — and it raises the ire of his parents, who obviously want him to pursue more stately endeavors.

While he’s clashing with his parents over his future, he meets Bae Seul-gi, who plays a tough, unladylike girl who’s thought to be ugly (by that era’s standards, the story dictates). She’s everything a young refined noblewoman ought not to be, but when she meets the hero she’ll show a bashful side for the first time in her life.

It’s described as a youth romance set in a Joseon-era school, with a comedic bent to the first discovery of feelings between a boy and a girl. There’s also a darker incident (a young woman gets assaulted), but it seems peripheral to the main characters and something the hero will take on in a detective-esque role, as he sets out to find the culprit. Go teen detective scholar, go. It doesn’t sound like the most cohesive story, but I think Joseon teen romance pretty much says it all.

School of Youth starts shooting in October for a release next year.

Via Star News

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 400; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Min Ho and Bae Seul Gi Cast In New Movie
resizebaeseulgileeminho-800x450.jpgActor Lee Min Ho (No, not the “City Hunter” one. The younger one from “Rooftop Prince.”) and singer turned actress Bae Sul Gi havve been cast for the new movie “School of Youths (Tentative)” according to an exclusive report published by media outlet Starnews.
According to the report, Lee Min Ho and Bae Seul Gi have been cast as the two protagonists for the movie “School of Youths.” The movie is directed by director Goo Mo, whose most recent project was “District 820.” The “School of Youths” is set in a school during the Joseun dynasty and will be a comedy about the youths within it. The main focus of the story however will be about a young classical scholar investigating a case where he was molested by a mysterious lady and his own romances during his stay in the school.
The male lead being discussed for this film, Lee Min Ho, will play the role of “Mok Won.” He is the son of a noble family and is exceptionally talented in the field of mathematics. He is handsome, smart, and serious about everything he does. However he gets into disagreements with his parents because his talents are not highly considered during the Joseon dynasty. Lee Min Ho has previously featured in works such as “Rooftop Prince,”  ”The Moon that Embraces the Sun,” the movies “Running Man” and “Howling.”  However this will be Lee Min Ho’s first romance film.
Meanwhile Bae Seul Gi will supposedly play the role of “Hyang Ah,” who is considered ugly according to Joseon dynasty standards and is thus teased by others. She will be Lee Min Ho’s love interest in this film. Her character will have a free going personality, being rather careless but also a shy girl in front of Mok Won. 
Principal photography for the film is set to begin in early October for an anticipated release date in the first half 2014.
@soompi

• 4 weeks later...

LMH tweet the start of filming for Youth School with a picture of himself in the set..
@93LeeMinHo날씨가 많이 추워졌어요!!! 다들 진짜진짜 감기조심하세용~♡ 2주동안 집에 한번 갈 수 있었던.. 영화 청춘학당 촬영장에서 생존신고합니다.BWx4YTnCAAAPoMZ.jpg:large

13/10/19 LMH nervously waiting to shoot a very difficult scene
@93LeeMinHo오늘은 특별하고 럭키한날이에요 지금 아주 힘들고 어려운 씬 촬영을 위해 기다리고 있어요 떨려요 긴장되요 큰일입니다^^신난다BW58z41CcAAPR8Z.jpg:large

Yoon Shi-yoon to play prime minister’s aide

by girlfriday @ dramabeans

Gah, now this show is adding people I like. Upcoming new odd-couple rom-com Prime Minister and I (that’d be Lee Beom-soo and Yoon-ah as the odd couple, and don’t try to tell me it’s not odd) has just added Yoon Shi-yoon (Flower Boy Next Door) and the younger Lee Min-ho (Sword and Flower) to its cast. AGH, Yoon Shi-yoon, are you gonna make me watch this? And am I going to regret it?

The new KBS Monday-Tuesday drama comes from the writers of Sweet 18 and My Fair Lady, and the PD of Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek. It stars Lee Beom-soo as a prime minister and single father of three who’s a pro at his job and a total mess at home. Yoon-ah plays the nanny/governess/Julie Andrews person who saves him by getting a handle on the kids. I think she does it without musical numbers, though it was being called a Sound of Music-esque show, so who knows.

Yoon Shi-yoon will join the cast as the prime minister’s chief of staff, a member of the top 1% elite civil servants in the country, with a sharp brain and perfect looks to boot. It’s hard to picture just because I’m still seeing Enrique in him, but I suppose this is as different a role as he can get. Lee Min-ho has been cast as a hungry reporter who’s always chasing that next feature, and Chae Jung-ahn (When A Man Loves) plays the prime minister’s public relations officer. If Yoon-ah’s character is a former reporter, she might have a connection to Lee Min-ho, while Chae Jung-ahn will have a university connection to Lee Beom-soo, besides obviously being on his staff.

I love Lee Beom-soo, but I’m honestly going to have a hard time not rooting for the more age-appropriate romantic pairings in this love square… pentagon… thingy. Who knows, the show could totally surprise me. Stranger things have happened, right?

Prime Minister and I follows Mi-rae’s Choice in December.

LeeMinHo2_4.jpg

Via ChosunMy Daily

• 2 months later...
Guest maea18

hoping to see him more in dramas and movies this 2014.. i just want him to play the lead role or maybe one of the lead not just a supporting cast coz seriously he was underrated and i hate the fact that he didn't win newcomer award for his role in rooftop prince before..i know i know that was so 2012 but seeing those who have won newcomer/newstar award in SBS 2012 and 2013 newcomer/newstar award pfft some of them are idols who doesn't know how to act and was just given the award because they were popular even their drama didn't do well in ratings (don't get mad at me i didn't drop any names okay?).. i think he deserve better..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Currently he in KBS2 drama Prime Minister and I but since last few episodes he don't appear at all. His love and loyalty for his noona is awesome. Anyway here are tweets and pictures looks like he was on the way for shooting and what not. Hope some kind soul will help to translate.

BbBtwsKCAAA9kpb.jpg

오늘!! 드디어 '총리와 나' 첫방송 날입니다! 날씨가 안좋은데 모두들 감기 조심하시구요, 추우니까 얼른 집에 들어가셔서 본방 사수 부탁드려요^^!!♡ ★오늘 밤 10시 KBS2 '총리와 나'★ pic.twitter.com/o3yUBwQXBv

— 이민호 (@93LeeMinHo) 

December 9, 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Min Ho with the one and only Nam Da Jung (Yoona)BfzDOOwCYAA9_3k.jpg
이민호 ‏@93LeeMinHo 

'총리와 나' 방송이 끝이났습니다..!! 박희철 기자는 이만 물러갈게요~ㅎㅎ 시청률은 아쉽지만 참 따뜻하고 행복한 드라마였던것 같아요! 그동안 총리와 나 사랑해주신분들 감사드립니당~^^

Lee Min Ho went to Seo Shin Ae Middle School Graduation just like how Seo Shin Ae went to support her Lee Min Ho oppa back in 2012 when Lee Min Ho graduated high school. They really are like brother and sister, like what Lee Min Ho said before, Shin Ae is like a real sister :) He look good on those spectacles :\">
201402111222472910_1_zpse47dde78.jpg

1392089195_651625_zpsaac10110.jpg
201402111357162910_6_zps77d485e2.jpg

cr. as tagged

Archived