[Drama 2013] : Two Weeks (투윅스)

Maetawinz

missm said: Brianna Nyte said:

SONG JAE RIM JOINS “TWO WEEKS” AS AN ASSASSIN

The actor who’s currently starring in Nail Shop Paris which — according to my twitter feed — is a hot mess, joins Lee Jun Ki in the MBC drama, Two Weeks as a professional killer.

If you recall, the drama is about a man who is falsely accused of a murder, learns he’s got a daughter with leukemia and tries to save her in two weeks. If this involves trying to find a bone marrow match, your guess is as good as mine.

It’s set to premiere in August.

Source: Couch Kimchi

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest missm

Thanks, Aemi.  I"m happy with the choice. She's a serious actress and has done good and successful projects. 

Guest jjsweeter0211

KIM SO YEON CONFIRMED FOR “TWO WEEKS”

Posted by Clockwatcher on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 

20130515073024086921.jpg

Kim So Yeon will be joining Song Jae Rim and Lee Jun Ki on Two Weeks as a hard-nosed prosecutor with a strong sense of justice. She previously worked with So Hyun Kyung on Prosecutor Princess. But I suspect this prosecutor will be more prone to wearing flats than heels.

Two Weeks will air in August after The Queen’s Classroom on MBC.

Source: TV Daily

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/05/14/kim-so-yeon-confirmed-for-two-weeks/

:x

Two_Weeks-a0003.jpg

Actress Kim So-Yeon is cast for the leading female role in upcoming MBC drama series TWO WEEKS, which has already cast Lee Joon-Gi (lead male) and Song Jae-Rim (secondary lead male). Screenplay for TWO WEEKS is written by So Hyeon-Kyeong, 
previously wrote scripts for "Brilliant Legacy," "Prosecutor Princess," and "49 Days".

In the drama series TWO WEEKS, Kim So-Yeon will play prosecutor Park Jae-Kyung. Her character is scripted as a smart and righteous woman. She tries to solve the case involving Jang Tae-San (Lee Joon-Gi). 

TWO WEEKS will air this August in South Korea. 

Credit: AsianWiki Facebook Page / AsianWiki 
I'm very excited because Lee Jun Ki and Kim So Yeon are the protagonists, both are great actors, and I think the show promises a great story :)

Guest jjsweeter0211

Kim So-yeon stars in "Two Weeks"

Source | 2013/05/14 |

photo309574.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon is coming back with a new MBC drama called "Two Weeks".

"Two Weeks" is about a man who is framed for murder, struggling to save a sick daughter with leukemia that he never knew he had.

Kim So-yeon takes on the role of a prosecutor named Park Jae-kyeong who chases after this man. Park Jae-kyeong is smart, loves justice and won't stand injustice.

This is Kim So-yeon's second reunion with writer So Hyeon-kyeong after "Prosecutor Princess".

Kim So-yeon played the role of a pretty prosecutor named Ma Hye-ri in the 2010 drama.

Meanwhile, "Two Weeks" will come along after "The Queen's Classroom" in August.

Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read... ( English )

Song Jae-rim cast as Lee Jun-ki’s enemy in Two Weeksby javabeans | May 14, 2013 | 55 Comments

songjaerim_14.jpg

Lee Jun-ki recently signed on to play the hero of MBC’s upcoming Two Weeks, and now he’s got his enemy: Song Jae-rim has just joined the production and will play an expert killer who’s chasing down our hero. (In case you don’t recognize Song Jae-rim in the above picture, you may recognize him better—I know I did—sporting the long flowing tresses he had as the bodyguard in The Moon That Embraces the Sun, and also as part of the posse in Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. Hm, lots of Jung Il-woo love there.)

Two Weeks is the new thriller drama from the writer of 49 Days and Brilliant Legacy, So Hyun-kyung, and puts our hero on the run when he becomes the fall guy in a murder. Complicating his case is the daughter he finds out he has, who’s suffering from leukemia. No word yet on why Song is chasing the hero, though I’ll hazard the guess that he’s the real culprit and he’s out to tie loose ends. Or perhaps he’s working for the culprit, just doing his job. Killing people and such.

I can’t say much about Song Jae-rim’s acting, in that he had very little to do in both the abovementioned dramas. He was just one of the rich boys in Ramyun Shop, and I always felt like he should have had a bigger role in Moon/Sun (like a loveline with the female bodyguard), but fell to the wayside in favor of other plotlines like so many things in that drama. He is currently appearing in the cable drama Nail Shop Paris… but the less said about that show, the better. I do think he can pull off that stone-faced scary look, as befits a killer-stalker-antagonist, so he does look the part. We’ll have to tune in to see if he proves to be a worthy foe.

Two Weeks will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama on MBC following Queen of the Classroom. It premieres in August.

songjaerim_7.jpg
Source: Dramabeans

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 18px; padding: 0px; border: 0px none; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue','Nimbus Sans L',sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.62em; vertical-align: baseline; letter-spacing: 1px; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim So Yeon Stars in ‘Two Weeks’kimsoyeon_twoweeks.jpg

Kim So Yeon is back in a new drama! And it’s set in modern day! And it’s in a drama written by So Hyun Kyung, who wrote my favorite drama Prosecutor Princess! Can I get a HIP-HIP-HOORAY!? She recently confirmed to be in the drama Two Weeks, which also stars Lee Jun Ki (Arang and the Magistrate) and Song Jae Rim (Nail Shop Paris).

Two Weeks is similar to Mandate of Heaven in that it’s about a father who is charged for murder and has a daughter with leukemia. It takes place over the course of two weeks, natch. Lee Jun Ki is the father in question, who must save himself and his daughter from seemingly-inevitable death. Song Jae Rim is a killer/assassin going after Lee, and with that tidbit, I can already see where this drama is going… Kim So Yeon plays Park Jae Kyung, an investigator in charge of Lee Jun Ki’s murder case. She needs to catch Lee Jun Ki, but it’s likely she’ll find out that he’s really innocent and help him with his cause.

Based on these details, I think that Lee discovers something he shouldn’t have, and Song is sent to eliminate him before he can uncover a conspiracy/covered-up crime. His daughter’s leukemia could be coincidence, or might be caused by something more sinister and on purpose.

As for Kim So Yeon, I hope her character does not develop a strong love line with Lee Jun Ki’s character. It’s a thriller-type of a drama, so I hope the writer does not inject too much romance into it, and ruin the tension. Considering So Hyun Kyung’s past work (49 Days, Shining Inheritance, Prosecutor Princess), I can expect plenty of melodrama and solid writing. Her writing isn’t tight, but it is solid enough to not feel too draggy. Shining Inheritance did have its moments of slowing down, but Prosecutor Princess was fast and well-written. Because that series was so short, not a minute could be wasted. 

Now I’m hoping for Choi Jung Woo to make a reappearance in this drama as a police chief to Kim’s character, just because he already played her father, and has shown up in So Hyun Kyung’s four previous works already.

Whee! I can’t wait for August, when this drama premieres!

source: Kaede+Jun

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Two Weeks casts Kim So-yeon

by javabeans | May 15, 2013 |

kimsoyeon_90.jpg

It’s good to hear that Kim So-yeon has signed on to a new project, going contemporary this time (her last drama was a sageuk, The Great Seer) for upcoming MBC drama Two Weeks. I feel like she’s been underused in recent years and would really love to see her back in her element. Maybe a thriller-mystery-chase drama will be the ticket?

That means she’ll be starring alongside Lee Jun-ki—or should I say opposite, since their characters are at cross-purposes: He’s the hero who’s wrongly accused of murder and is scrambling to save his sick daughter, while she’s the prosecutor who’s chasing him down. (He’s also being pursued by a professional killer, so I’m expecting that there’ll be a lot of chasing. Run, Jun-ki, run!)

Hm, Kim So-yeon with Lee Jun-ki is an interesting pairing—I’m still trying to get my head around the two of them acting together. Perhaps because she’s older; it’s only by a year and a half, but she does have a more mature vibe. Still, I like them both and they’re both capable of strong performances, so I’ll be looking forward to the match-up.

This will be Kim So-yeon’s second time playing a prosecutor, and in fact her last outing was also with this writer in Prosecutor Princess. Something tells me this character won’t be obsessed with glittery shoes and designer handbags, though. Too busy fighting to save lives, perhaps.

Two Weeks will premiere in August on MBC, following Queen of the Classroom.

Via E Daily

Hello, everybody! I will be joining this thread. I was kind of interested in this show before KSY confirmed for this drama because of the writer. I watched 49 Days and Prosecutor Princess and I like her style of writing. She could deliver a good script. This is essential for the success of a film (with good actors and direction, of course.) I heard many people comparing this drama with the sageuk Mandate of Heaven. I don`t watch MOH but I am sure these shows will be very different. It is a mystery, a thriller drama, with plenty of emotional struggles. It is not a light drama, but I am prepared for a roller coaster of emotions.

About the cast. So far we know only three actors. I like Lee Jun Ki. I saw him only in Arang and Magistrate and I told myself that I must watch his next project. I was surprised he is on early 30s. He is good in the action scenes and  he can emote very well. He thought this role would allow him to mature as an actor. I will love that. He is the central character, he must show a diverse range of emotions and interaction with many characters.

I never imagine him opposite Kim So Yeon. I love her, it is obvious. She is a good actress, she is classy, and she looks mature, like a really woman (not baby face) so she fits strong woman role and this character. She is known for her good, nuanced performance but I know that some people are not warm to her. It is OK. Everybody has their own preferences. It will be interesting to watch LJK and KSY in the same drama. Like Kaedejun, I don`t think there will be a romance between them but I will hope they will develop an understanding, a mutual appreciation. I am curious who will play the little girl and her mother.

I never saw Song Jae-rim. I hope he is a good actor too. From pictures he fit the role of a cool, cold- hearted killer. I have to check some videos with him. A good show has to have a very good villain, a credible one. He will chase our hero. I wonder why. I really want an extra villain, a mastermind behind this character, a good and a mature actor.   

Good luck to all involved in this show!

Guest missm

I thought I saw an article last night about the child actress.  Anyway, with the choice of lead actors, this drama is becoming more intense.  I can't wait to watch their interaction/s with the development of the story.  
Regarding the protagonist, I'm sure there will be another older guy villain behind the killer. 

missm said: I thought I saw an article last night about the child actress.  Anyway, with the choice of lead actors, this drama is becoming more intense.  I can't wait to watch their interaction/s with the development of the story.  
Regarding the protagonist, I'm sure there will be another older guy villain behind the killer. 

Archived