[Drama 2013] Nail Shop Paris / Nail Salon Paris (네일샵 파리스)

Guest mianie

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;" class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em;"How does KARA’s Gyuri handle the freezing temperature on the set of ‘Nail Salon Paris’?20130515_Gyuri1.jpg

KARA‘s Gyuri revealed her secret to getting through the rough filming for ‘Nail Salon Paris‘.

KARA shared the behind-the-scenes photo above on their LINE account on the 15th. The photo shows Gyuri in her character’s cross-dressing mode, fighting off the cold weather while filming back in January. It has been revealed that the temperature on set fell to a temperature of -20 degree Celsius (-4 degree Fahrenheit). Fans especially noticed Gyuri’s pale skin and use of hot packs to keep her face and hands warm.

Gyuri has definitely been a busy bee starring as the lead role in ‘Nail Salon Paris’ as well singing the song “I Will Wait For You” for the drama’s OST.

‘Nail Salon Paris’ is currently airing on MBC QueeN.

source: pkdance of allkpop

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to rip on this drama, but the acting is definitely cringeworthy. The plot is out of this world...strange. Her voice is so high and squeaky, how could anyone mistaken her for a guy? >___< i'm only watching this for Song Jae Rim...but honestly...T____T fingers crossed that it gets better?
If you think of this show as a manga with all its weird antics...then it's pretty alright...weird still. :-)

delisho24

said: I don't want to rip on this drama, but the acting is definitely cringeworthy. The plot is out of this world...strange. Her voice is so high and squeaky, how could anyone mistaken her for a guy? >___< i'm only watching this for Song Jae Rim...but honestly...T____T fingers crossed that it gets better?

If you think of this show as a manga with all its weird antics...then it's pretty alright...weird still. :-)

Guest maea18

yoochun95 said: ok i watched it... the plot sucks.... ghosts and gumihos?? wth? but kei and bunny specially kei is soooo cute i love him i m curious what is gonna happen btw him and bunny :D and alex is also cute (i was thinking that until half of ep 2 alex is very cute but somehow now kei is the cutest :D ) anyway i think their acting started to become better in ep 3.
but the ghost following human!!!! oh come onnnn....  /:)

Guest atomichighfive

Just watched episode 4!

"MADE IN CHINA"  Lmao!  I couldn't stop laughing at that!!!!

This drama has progressively gotten better with each episode.  It's just meant to be cute, silly, and light-hearted.  It's definitely lacking in some areas, but as long as it can make me laugh, I'll keep with it. 

Guest atomichighfive

Episode 4 English sub:

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/nailshop-paris-episode-4/

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4271/4/Nail_Shop_Paris/?ap=1   (Not available in all countries)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzzwxy_nail-shop-paris-episode-4_shortfilms#.UZe9U4K_Q1g

Guest MadDeeno

I wrote up a recap for episode 4 for all those who are interested.
http://www.maddinoasylum.com/2013/05/18/nail-shop-paris-episode-04-recap/

Guest atomichighfive

I wrote up a recap for episode 4 for all those who are interested.

http://www.maddinoasylum.com/2013/05/18/nail-shop-paris-episode-04-recap/

Hilarious recap! I agree with your thoughts on this show, one cannot think too hard or else see gaping plot holes and undeveloped characters. I also agree with the whole Alex/Bunny not having much chemistry. I feel like she has more chemistry with Kay...

I find this drama to be funny, but it also helps that I watch it with a friend after a few drinks and we can laugh and enjoy it.

Also helps that I actually have been to a nail salon like this in real life. Yes there are real life cute male nail artists. My nail artist is difficult to understand when he speaks english due to his accent though :(. Makes for mostly silent/awkward manicures. Lol.

Guest jaejoongie <3

i love this drama and its plot holes. strictly speaking, even the plot holes amuse me a lot. Since it's a scifi fantasy kind of drama i just decided anything can happen- even randomly picking up a coffee someone abandoned by a railway. It could have been sitting there forever, but nope. just drink it! 
hahaha.... really adore this drama to death. I can't get enough of it. I'm just sad this is going to be only 10 eps! 

Yeah...the script is really lame.  The saving grace of this series is the cute dynamics between the lead characters, although there is really zero chemistry between Alex and Bunny, so that falls flat on its face.  This "Problem of the week"  format is really not working.  Sad, because there are some snippets of clever and interesting that are just not followed up or developed.  This whole Gimho theme could have worked as a cool sublayer in Bunny's life as a writer.
The domestic violence episode should not have even been attempted because it really trivialized the problem and the very quick "resolution".

The script feels like it was some high school kid's script-writing project.  Wait...I think a high school kid could have done better.  This is like the "anti-Nine" show - Nine had a blow your mind script, and this one has a put your mind on the shelf script.

Guest atomichighfive

This thread is so sad. Hardly anyone posts :(. Doesn't anyone have any funny or interesting nail salon stories?

Guest faraharif

i don't really care bout the script or the story line. as long as it can be enjoy, then ok. yes it's true. there is some flaw here & there. since the drama are more like comedy yet fantasy. of coz the drama is not logic. if u want to watch everything in logic, then just watch documentary. rooting for song jae rim~~~~  :)>- :)>- :)>-

since this topic is so quiet, I decided to join the talks ^^v
annyong yereobun~ :)

actually I'm enjoying the drama, though the storyline is ridiculous, but hey it's a drama!
so it's good if it can make me laugh~ XDD
and I'm totally shipping Kay-Bunny more than Alex. He barely have any scene with her.
while Kay is soo adorable in his own way. XD

by the way I'm thinking that Alex probably know that Bunny is a girl from the start, I mean he actually treats her more as a girl.
Besides if he studied traditional med, then he must've known it from the heart rate, like any other gender bender-sageuk drama. LOL
that's my opinion of course, I'm waiting for new episodes, next episode looks promising! XD

I think I'll be back for some goodies soon~ ^^

Yeah this drama has a ridiculous amount of flaws, however what keeps me going is... who Bunny will end up with?? 
I'm going with Kei, if she ends up with Alex... wowsies there's another flaw. 

Guest MadDeeno

@atomichighfive I'm glad you commented on the recap at least here. There is so little discussion going on here. I always do my nails myself so I don't have a salon of cute boys to oogle at in real life. This drama kinda needs someone to watch it with so you can keep laughing or in my case an overactive imagination and a blog post.

Guest atomichighfive

@maddeeno

Next time you recap ill post on your blog at least lol.

For the record, I've only had my nails done at a salon for special occasions. Normally I just do it myself too. I don't understand how people can spend so much money to get them done regularly. What was cool about the salon I went to, there was kpop playing on the speakers. (It was instrumentalized/piano version) but when I told the guy I recognized the song he was stunned that I knew (since I wasn't Asian I guess...)

Archived