[Drama 2013] Nail Shop Paris / Nail Salon Paris (네일샵 파리스)

Guest mianie

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest twittie

yah! yeorubun!  only few people commented/ posted ? have you guys watched the drama? what do you guys think about it?
please post some opinions or comments or add more infos about this drama to this forum. share it, don't just hide them. please don't be just a lurker/viewer.

Guest MadDeeno

I'm not sure that I'm going to recap the whole drama, but I did recap the first episode. I found it hard to stay on topic because the drama has a weak plot, but I did my best to make the recap entertaining. Check it out and let me know what you think.
http://www.maddinoasylum.com/2013/05/06/nail-shop-paris-episode-01-recap/

Guest sicknine

@laquetahodge I watched first episode. I have to say somehow it reminds me of Panda and Hedgehog except in Panda and Hedgehog they didn't make the girl turned into boy. First episode has a very weak plot. I even think the boss Nail Shop Paris is a cougar because she just hired young males :)) =)) I will drop this drama but will still continue to peak on it if I ever have time :))
but then, I think Jin is cute!  :x

just started watching this drama. i stop for a while after 10 minutes just to read about the character here..
at first i interested to watch this just because gyuri is a writer in this drama. i kinda interested in that becoz im a writer too..
when i read the about the characters somehow its reminded me of you're beautiful character.. one calm guy, one emotional guy, one cutie guy, another one is not really a guy.. haha.. anyway.. im looking forward for this drama.. the actors are all good looking ^^ such a eye candy ^^ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

Guest maea18

Thunder Tests His Fear of Heights in Nail Shop Paris
20130510224553830.jpg
Netizens have been talking about nail artist Jin, played by MBLAQ’s Thunder, who melted away women’s hearts with his charm in the third episode of Nail Shop Paris.

Recently on set, Thunder revealed his emotional acting skills by taking on a different role of Jin, who is usually brightly smiling, surprising the entire staff. In one scene, Thunder’s character goes to the rooftop of a building to rescue a customer who is in danger.  The perilous scene was captured on a skyscraper building as the staff watched Thunder focus on his acting despite the fact that he felt dizzy and was afraid of heights. He received praise for his bravery.

(Source: nate news)

Guest tureready

Now Available To Download At FreeKoreanDramas 
EPISODE E01-03

[RS,HF,DF,FC,UB,BS,FR,RG,HP,GU,FD],[FileFactory,YandexDisk,Mega,2Shared,Zippyshared] -  [720p-STHM]-[350MB-AVI]

Guest atomichighfive

I'm going to continue to watch the next episode to give this drama a chance to improve, but it's not my cup of tea.

For those who have not tried the drama yet, here's my list of pro's and con's

Pro's
1.  Light-hearted and cute
2.  Original story idea.  (Ok, hear me out first! The original part is the male manicurists.  Male manicurists are becoming more popular now, for instance, Tom Bachik is a famous straight, married, male manicurist for many top celebrities.  It's definitly a field that is growing in respect to men's opportunities.)
3.  Each episode kinda has its own "problem" that the group tries to solve, so its something new every time while also continuing the main storyline
4.  It's a gender-bender, and those are always funny
5.  Good-looking cast/Idol drama

Con's
1.  Tries to tackle some serious issues (domestic abuse) and utterly fails.  I feel the drama missed the mark and ended up minimizing the seriousness of domestic violence.
2.  Out of place fantasy elements.  Yes I know the main female lead had an encounter with a gumiho as a child, but still, I thought that'd be the extent of the fantasy portion.  Apparently I was wrong.  It is perfectly normal to expect things like an incubus seducing a customer.  It just seems odd to go from one episode with serious issues involving love affairs tearing apart a family (something not at all fantasy) to the next episode with sexy ghost times.  I guess that kind of goes back to my "pro" about how every episode is different so its interesting.  I just wasn't expecting such a swing in things...
3.  Lack of a compelling, logical, screenplay and dialog.  This makes the main plot move slow.
4.  Not using the gender bender role to its best.  Idk, there are some un-subtle comments that are just sexist and dumb. For instance, Kay is suspicious of Bunny, but there are comments along the lines of "well you're a man so you should be able to clean top shelf even if you're short" or you should be able to move these heavy boxes because you're a guy, type of thing. Really??? The writers couldn't think up anything better?  Sure there are some funny gender-bender scenes, but it definitely could improve.
5.  The scenes of YeoJoo/Bunny's story.  The girl running from the "hunter" guy with the RIFLE--not even a handgun, or automatic sub-machine gun, but a freaking hunting rifle--are just awful. I mean, she's supposed to be a writer, not a daydreamer of an illogical story that is just so silly it makes you laugh at its ridiculousness.   

Please understand that this  drama has only 10 eps. Tackling about a certain issues/problems would take more episodes. The drama episode is only less of an hour so we can't expect that the drama and main characters would develop in just one episode right away. The main casts are not the the only ones who are focused here. I'm wishing there would be more episodes because I like this drama.

Yeojoo is a fantasy writer. Her stories are mostly more related to gumiho. It's her first time to write about stories about real characters. It's expected her story draft is not that good at first but this will be improved.  

ok i watched it... the plot sucks.... ghosts and gumihos?? wth? but kei and bunny specially kei is soooo cute i love him i m curious what is gonna happen btw him and bunny :D and alex is also cute (i was thinking that until half of ep 2 alex is very cute but somehow now kei is the cutest :D ) anyway i think their acting started to become better in ep 3.
but the ghost following human!!!! oh come onnnn....  /:)

It depends upon the views of the people who are watching. People have different views and opinions.For me, I watched it and I like it. I like the main plot and the diversity of subplots. I accept and like it. I'm continuing to watch the next episodes. I just wish that this drama have more episodes. 10 episodes are not enough.

Archived