[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SexyDolceVita

I was checking older images of nsm and i have to say i am totally memsmerized by her image in this drama. Refreshing change and better wardrobe!

She exuberates a feminine feel like how kim so yeon was in gourmet 2008, whereas she was very girly in that drama.

I know gom is a heavy drama and nsm has to cry, get angry, become dissatisfied most of the time but this is a good opportunity to showcase her acting skills and versatility.

For all three main leads, i have to say this is a transition drama for them. A transition from light hearted material to mature disposition. Although lsw has to provide a break through, as otherwise, yes, he would be type casted as the devoted male with no distinctive personality.

I rarely watch k dramas these days but this one really captivated me.

I know soompi members will beat me up but i actually really and strangely like nsm's character. Because not all humans can be decisive at the right time, in the right moments.

She had agreed to get married before meeting hyun woo. She knew taewook longer than hyun woo. Given the circumstances, i would have had a hard time deciding whether i should move forward with the marriage or place my future with a man i barely know for a month plus with a one night stand in tow.

Family, society pressure, timing. All these factors contributed to ji hye giving into taewook. However, the most important factor is hyun woo's seemingly "premature" but mature decision to not hold onto ji hye. Because doing so will be a sin. He will create two sinners out of him and ji hye. He is a gentleman confused with his feelings and his need to conform within the boundaries of society.

To forget ji hye, he will attempt to get into a relationship with his junior. Yes, attempt. Because he will break the junior's heart when he confesses his inability to stop loving ji hye.

Tae wook will need to knock up ji hye's tummy to keep her in the marriage. But she will definitely leave after six months, so pregnancy will only complicate matters. I'd rather no pregnancy this time.

On another foot note, lee young ae's Fireworks 2000 is almost a replica of the tw-jh-hw triangle. The taewook jihye quarrel in Gom episode 9 is similar to the lee young ae and cha in pyo quarrel in fireworks episode 15!

Stubborn fiances forgive their future wives' infidelities.

Go watch it and tell me if i'm wrong!

Guest SexyDolceVita

Can good hearted souls help to translate the two GOM related videos here?

1) The 3 lead casts plus lee tae ran and zhang young nam play a q and a session with each other. Sounds v. Fun!

2) gom press conference

I just want to know what the host was saying when nsm, lsw, kjh are doing their poses for photographers on the stage.

There is a funny scene when after nsm was done with her poses, lsw nearly stood up thinking he was next to pose. But the host announced kjh and lsw sat down again, cracking everybody up. Kjh offered lsw his turn but lsw just gestured you go ahead, it is okay. Nsm was laughing sweetly while she waits for her turn to pose as a couple with both male leads.

Another part i am curious what the host was saying is the part when nsm and lsw were posing together. The host said something and everybody laughed a little. Lsw then gestured to kjh as well to help save kjh's face. Wonder what the host said about nsm lsw coupling. Better couple look than nsm and kjh?

I wish i cld translate myself but my korean sucks.

Thanks a lot soompi members. Appreciate a gesture of help here.

SexyDolceVita said: .......... Because not all humans can be decisive at the right time, in the right moments.

She had agreed to get married before meeting hyun woo. She knew taewook longer than hyun woo. Given the circumstances, i would have had a hard time deciding whether i should move forward with the marriage or place my future with a man i barely know for a month plus with a one night stand in tow.

Family, society pressure, timing. All these factors contributed to ji hye giving into taewook. However, the most important factor is hyun woo's seemingly "premature" but mature decision to not hold onto ji hye. Because doing so will be a sin. He will create two sinners out of him and ji hye. He is a gentleman confused with his feelings and his need to conform within the boundaries of society.

To forget ji hye, he will attempt to get into a relationship with his junior. Yes, attempt. Because he will break the junior's heart when he confesses his inability to stop loving ji hye.

Tae wook will need to knock up ji hye's tummy to keep her in the marriage. But she will definitely leave after six months, so pregnancy will only complicate matters. I'd rather no pregnancy this time.

On another foot note, lee young ae's Fireworks 2000 is almost a replica of the tw-jh-hw triangle. The taewook jihye quarrel in Gom episode 9 is similar to the lee young ae and cha in pyo quarrel in fireworks episode 15!

Guest NEWMARIO

"Goddess of Marriage" Nam Sang-mi marries Kim Ji-hoon-I

Source | 2013/07/28 | 85 views | Permalink |

photo331510.jpg

Nam Sang-mi got married to Kim Ji-hoon-I.

On the tenth episode of the SBS weekend drama "Goddess of Marriage", Song Ji-hye (Nam Sang-mi) chose to marry Kang Tae-wook (Kim Ji-hoon-I).

Song Ji-hye confessed her fling with Kim Hyeon-woo (Lee Sang-woo) and announced break up but Kang Tae-wook said, "When you have everything you need, the things that I want are different. You are a dumb woman who doesn't care about my background and just fall in love. I will bring you home".

Kang Tae-wook asked Song Nam-gil (Baek Il-sub) her father, for help and he persuaded her, "Marriage is something you need to fit in the pieces your whole life. Kang even wanted to forget about her affair and she decided to change her mind.

Song Ji-hye thought about marriage once again with her life in mind and regardless to Kim Hyeon-woo. She chose to get married and when she ran into Kim Hyeon-woo coincidentally, she told him, "I'm getting married next week. He's willing to forgive I met you. I want to be good to him".

She then added, "Let's not meet again and I won't go on the trip with you" in tears. She married Kang Tae-wook and Kim Hyeon-woo said to himself, "Congratulations".

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... ( English )

I just finished watching it with very little subs.....

Oh.. my heart..... I can't wait for the subs now....

Here are some random thoughts, based only on what I saw without the subs...

First thought that came to my mind, is that if she is indeed pregnant at this point (even if she does not know it yet),  the writer had to rush the wedding, so that there is not a question if it is TW's  baby.... Of course, in the drama, TW rushes the wedding.. Maybe he is fearful of losing her, if they do not marry soon.

I am so afraid of what his mom would do to her... Esp. now, that the sister in-law is out of the house, and she is pissed at her... Is TW going to be able to protect her?

Without fully understanding everything with no subs..... (what was said exactly....), I think this episode showed some sense of growth in all characters...And fantastic acting by all three of them.

In the last episode, and in this one too, it was really nice to see JH and HW as they are texting to each other... Even when JH's heart is in turmoil in both episodes, it seemed that sitting down with HW's texts, brought a sense of peace to her..

It was the first time we saw some level of tenderness in JH/TW interactions....  In a phone conversation between JH and TW, when she still has not made up her mind, he told her "You are the woman I love."

In some respect, TW has been the "turtle" that goes steadily towards his goal of marrying her, and I do believe that he loves her....(that does not make him right for her, though...)

Also in this episode it was first time we saw TW and JH walk in a beautiful surrounding in nature, and being more relaxed....

And followed that with the episode with the balloons that we actually saw him being so natural in his reaction and funny, and even JH - for the first time, laughed when she looked at him....

TW - even at the alter was not sure if she was actually going to go through with it.. KJH did a fabulous job there, as TW was waiting to hear her "Yes.."  As soon as she said "yes" he closed his eyes, almost like in a sigh of relief, and then a smile came over his face..

I can barely wait for the subs.... to fully understand what went on in the last painful meeting between JH and HW.... and the last thoughts that HW said at the end of the episode....

y69x.jpg

JH, when she came home after telling TW she cannot marry him..

kzy9.jpg

HW, seems almost lost emotionally, reading her last text message

t2q8.jpg

Leisurely stroll.. for the first time we see that with JH/TW
h0jb.jpg

First time we see JH laughing in presence of TW.. Here, looking at him trying to retrieve those balloons..

cxl7.jpg

HW, clearly hurt by her words...

3yj2.jpg

7g7y.jpg

And the Wedding..

n5ax.jpg

TW, just heard her "yes...", closing his eyes, almost like in relief for an answered prayer...

7yzd.jpg

Followed by a smile

yz0j.jpg

And HW, is left with his memories...

ityo.jpg

And maybe, with regrets... "Lets meet again next life..."

8g5n.jpg

qfej.jpg

Well... we'll be waiting for them to meet again in this life....

@bobsavero, - yes... I will be there for  GD....!

Guest bashful

SexyDolceVita said: I was checking older images of nsm and i have to say i am totally memsmerized by her image in this drama. Refreshing change and better wardrobe!

She exuberates a feminine feel like how kim so yeon was in gourmet 2008, whereas she was very girly in that drama.

I know gom is a heavy drama and nsm has to cry, get angry, become dissatisfied most of the time but this is a good opportunity to showcase her acting skills and versatility.

For all three main leads, i have to say this is a transition drama for them. A transition from light hearted material to mature disposition. Although lsw has to provide a break through, as otherwise, yes, he would be type casted as the devoted male with no distinctive personality.

I rarely watch k dramas these days but this one really captivated me.

I know soompi members will beat me up but i actually really and strangely like nsm's character. Because not all humans can be decisive at the right time, in the right moments.

Iris said:

I can barely wait for the subs.... to fully understand what went on in the last painful meeting between JH and HW.... and the last thoughts that HW said at the end of the episode....

Well... we'll be waiting for them to meet again in this life....

Guest ailskdrama

click on the link .. .it is with eng sub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11dnvm_k-star-news-tonight-goddess-of-marriage-interview_news?search_algo=2

SexyDolceVita said: Can good hearted souls help to translate the two GOM related videos here?

1) The 3 lead casts plus lee tae ran and zhang young nam play a q and a session with each other. Sounds v. Fun!

2) gom press conference

I just want to know what the host was saying when nsm, lsw, kjh are doing their poses for photographers on the stage.

There is a funny scene when after nsm was done with her poses, lsw nearly stood up thinking he was next to pose. But the host announced kjh and lsw sat down again, cracking everybody up. Kjh offered lsw his turn but lsw just gestured you go ahead, it is okay. Nsm was laughing sweetly while she waits for her turn to pose as a couple with both male leads.

Another part i am curious what the host was saying is the part when nsm and lsw were posing together. The host said something and everybody laughed a little. Lsw then gestured to kjh as well to help save kjh's face. Wonder what the host said about nsm lsw coupling. Better couple look than nsm and kjh?

I wish i cld translate myself but my korean sucks.

Thanks a lot soompi members. Appreciate a gesture of help here.

Guest SexyDolceVita

I stole a few pics from nsm thread.

Let's compare this photo with the kjh wedding photo.

c4d8778da772f45ab21bba4d.jpg

Nsm looks the same or happier in either?

Guest SexyDolceVita

Hahaha what if tw says he doesnt have enough days of leave, lets go to jeju for a short mini honey moon... hahahaha omg, jihye will be in such a torture.

I just realized that Clara whose character annoys me in this drama is the same actress in two older dramas in which her characters annoys me as well! She was the annoying sister of Jung Suk Won in "Creating Destiny" who wanted Ki Tae-Young's character, and the doubly annoying ex-girlfriend/mom to Jin Yi Han's son in "A Good Day for the Wind to Blow."

whome said: I just realized that Clara whose character annoys me in this drama is the same actress in two older dramas in which her characters annoys me as well! She was the annoying sister of Jung Suk Won in "Creating Destiny" who wanted Ki Tae-Young's character, and the doubly annoying ex-girlfriend/mom to Jin Yi Han's son in "A Good Day for the Wind to Blow."

Guest SexyDolceVita

I think other actresses also dont like her. We can see that from the press conference.

Another four more days to go.

I am watching fireworks 2000 as a warm up to the after wedding scenarios.

Chaebol family has so many rules! Jh in deep richard simmons for sure.

Lee young ae's character had to do all sorts of chores with the maids. My god, i dont think i can list them all out here.

One part im interested in gom is jh's relationship with her sister in law, hye jin... must be semi cold, semi warm. Will they become good friends during the process?

Guest SexyDolceVita

Hahaha.. why sh~t is renamed richard simmons in this forum?

Why not osama or kony? Hahaha hilarious

Guest lettykay

Slighty confused with the idiotic husband, is Cynthia also going to leave her husband for him or is he just assuming? I am looking forward to him being left all alone.

Also dont know if we will be seeing him again lol but the guy in the english class the wife's partner well he was cute, Is he sticking around? lol

Archived