[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

jaiwook_08

Okay folks....(just saying!)....I still havent come across a drama YET that has brought me so many happy thoughts and opened up so many mixed and beautiful emotions like our TMS,.....hmmmm
Aaaaahhhh...tsk, tsk....stop comparing already!!!....just watch other dramas with an open heart and mind....!!!
.....sigh! but I cant help it, everything Ive watched thus far refers to the sun (Tae Yang!).....Why?why?why?....
...@Shisuisen, so if SBS is banning makjang at its station.....hmmmm...food for thought...does that mean there will be no more over the top, extreme, outrageous and absurd plots, or any more twisted, bizarre, or deviant plots...gosh!, will anyone watch k-Dramas anymore then?....I mean, what else is there?....
Though I always curse, cry, pull my hair, hate and throw tantrums....I still love the makjang "Days-of-our-Lives"plots...absolutely!!....I guess they will just have to air more ghostly stories of beautiful OTP's that will radiate amazing chemistry, absolutely!!..I will easily and happily contend with that, absolutely!!!.....
TMS FIGHTING!!

:)>- :)>-

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heeltoe22.

Seriously!!!??? No makjang on SBS??? Have they become the "feel good all the time network?!!!"wait... am I sad? what will happen to all those crazed characters???mother-in-lawscontrolling chaebol eldersjealous siblingsgreedy exespsycho exesstalkersthat boy/girl you pranked in middle school who seeks revenge?sasaeng ahjumas... what? you didn't see that drama?
Hhmmm, SBS are you sure??? :^o
Yey!!! RomComs and sweet romances! No more stress and anxiety!!! TMS2 _ Lil baby JooWon has a ghost nanny! :-j

For more information on SBS's makjang-free policy, here's the LINK to Dramabean's article~ :D
Well, makjang has always been MBC's forte (best example would be Aurora Princess). 
I suppose the 3 big broadcast stations are feeling the pressure of the quality drama produced by cable stations so SBS has resorted to this~
One thing's for sure, makjang is here to stay in The Master's Sun thread! >:)
--------
Joong Won and Gong Shil are exchanging their vows in the altar, in the presence of family, friends and ghosts when suddenly the door of the wedding hall shot opened. Out there stood Joong Won's father, who shouted, "This wedding cannot continue!"
Joong Won frowned while Gong Shil stared in confusion.
Joong Won's father: Actually, the two of you are half-siblings. Tae Gong Shil, I am your father! And Kang Woo is my son~ And Tae Yi Ryung is my daughter too. In other words, the four of you are all related! The four of you are my children!
Everyone stared in horror! Joong Won blurted out, "Me and Gong Shil are half siblings?! IMPOSSIBLE! We're going to have a baby!"
Everyone stared at Gong Shil's non-existent bump. Gong Shil's fainted from the shock of this revelation. Yi Ryung also fainted (in a more flamboyant fashion) upon hearing she's related to Kang Woo. 
Secretary Kim took out a machine gun and started shooting at Joong Won's father. 
Joong Won stared in shock: "... Secretary Kim...?" 
Secretary Kim took out his wand and yelled "OBLIVIATE", altering everyone's memories in the wedding hall. He then quickly disposed Joong Won's father body and cleaned up the blood with some spell.
After a while, everyone regained their consciousness, and the wedding resumes, not knowing what had happened in the past hour.
Joong Won and Gong Shil lived happily ever after with a healthy boy. And Secretary Kim vowed to take the secrets of the wedding day into the grave.
THE END

Guest Filipina_Korean

Newbie here :)) Hmmm..I wonder why TMS didn't win any award in 50th Baeksang..Aaaargggghh For me, it's better than MLFTS, and etc...Anyway, I've watched many drama and one of the best is TMS. I love The Master's Sun! I hope they make a movie, or sequel...SoGong Fighting!! :)

Guest heeltoe22.

@shisuisenYou are definately Mak-ing that Jang! What about the Giant CEO father and son? They came with secrets and a double life?And all the ghosts had some intense life challenges.Lots of spinoff makjang material left to be mined!Just have to be careful not to "spoiler bash the newbies". :>

@Filipina_Korean Hello there~ Welcome to the thread~ Yes, we're all wondering why TMS was not even NOMINATED in some of those categories, except for Popularity Awards but then those are pretty softcore awards. =/
Still, at least TMS is unique in being the first of its kind in a new genre for Korean dramas so that's good enough for us. :D
@heeltoe22 . Giant CEO father and son are *GASP* just ordinary people.
Who happens to witness the ill-fated wedding while hiding behind a bush... so they are the ones who know the birth secret of Joong Won and Gong Shil...  >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Guest mikosawavenus

ALERT !!!! TO ALL SOGONGER'S 
IF WE WANT TO LET SOGONG COUPLE TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN!!! THIS IS OUR CHANCE!!!

We need an army of SOGONGER'S!!!!

PLS VOTE "THE MASTER SUN" as BEST PROGRAM IN SEOUL INTERNATIONAL DRAMA AWARDS 2014 This coming September 4, 2014. 

CLICK THIS LINK- http://www.seouldrama.org/EN/entry/AwardsStatus.aspx

IT'S UP TO US TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!  THE MASTERS SUN IS ONE OF THAT ENTRY!!! 
THEY NEED OUR SUPPORT- PLS VOTE NOW!!!! Here is the link- http://www.seouldrama.org/EN/entry/AwardsStatus.aspx
Just find The Masters Sun in their Lists. There are so many entries there I saw MY LOVE FROM STAR and The Heirs
Just click the Heart sign..1 vote per Proxy!!!
SOGONGer's FIGHTING!!!!!!OL4.jpg

Master's Sun was good and its ratings were high, but MLFAS definitely rated much higher and also in the international market.  It's kind of sad, cuz Heirs was also a popular drama, but nowhere near MLFAS' level.  For korean awards ceremonies, it's not just about the quality of the drama but also how much money the drama made overall.  American tv/movie awards seem to have slightly more emphasis on acting quality and story.  

Guest Filipina_Korean

@shisuen  shisuisen said: @Filipina_Korean Hello there~ Welcome to the thread~ Yes, we're all wondering why TMS was not even NOMINATED in some of those categories, except for Popularity Awards but then those are pretty softcore awards. =/
Still, at least TMS is unique in being the first of its kind in a new genre for Korean dramas so that's good enough for us. :D
@heeltoe22 . Giant CEO father and son are *GASP* just ordinary people.
Who happens to witness the ill-fated wedding while hiding behind a bush... so they are the ones who know the birth secret of Joong Won and Gong Shil...  >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Guest lisalup

Newbie here :-) Just finished watching Master's Sun, and I gotta to say that I love this drama! It was the first time in a while that I've cried during a kdrama (when Joong-Won said that he loved Gong Sil and "passed away"). 

Archived