[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

jaiwook_08

Guest tomoyo1010

chelseaann said: Wow~ Master's sun thread :) I haven't watch this drama yet. Since It's a romance-comedy-horror drama which gives twist to the plot.. i'm planning to watch it but i'm scared. I am only reading the recaps but still.. it gives me creeps. What if I watch the entire drama? i might die in fear HAHAHA :D

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chelseaann

@tomoyo1010 master's sun will be airing in our country and i really want to watch it. But the time of airing is 11 pm or 12 midnight.. (giving me more creeps ) Tsk. -_- WAE??!!! Midnight+Horror Drama= Funeral :D

Guest tomoyo1010

@chelseaann...nope, that one is definitely shouldn't be skipped. its a must watch. i think, you wouldn't want to see heartbreaking scene. you might want to cry together with the actors. :)

Guest beatifullovee

chelseaann said: Wow~ Master's sun thread :) I haven't watch this drama yet. Since It's a romance-comedy-horror drama which gives twist to the plot.. i'm planning to watch it but i'm scared. I am only reading the recaps but still.. it gives me creeps. What if I watch the entire drama? i might die in fear HAHAHA :D

Guest tomoyo1010

@chelseaann...good good. :D  and like @beatifullovee, please do share your thoughts here. it's exciting to have one more new member of TMS lovers. :)

@chelseaann You have to see Master's Sun.:D Maybe early episode you'll be scared but still you have too continue watch it. And then you won't scared again. Because it's worth drama.  :D  ;)

Guest chelseaann

@Cynthia ok. I'll watch it when i have time. I'll face my fears (you know,,. about ghosts :D )

Guest heeltoe22.

@shisuisen on the Potter my contribution:

Peter Pettigrew - Lee Han Joo 

Severus Snape Joo Sung Ran(auntie)
especially when she lets hubby (SweetLips?) know what's up if he strays... 

My lapTop is playing up...argh! My secret weapon to delulu land.....cant watch my movies....ARGH! How can I escape reality....my Faithful samsung phone is all I have now but me eyes are not as good as in my younger days. ..OMG! ...what to do what to do..... Just as well I brought the TMS DVD...I can cry and suffer with JJW & TGS over and over again. ..I tell ya, episodes 13-17...really gets you hard...lovelovelove TMS...absolutely! TMS FIGHTING!!

After watching TMS again, I really noticed how much weight our JJW had lost from beginning to end...I recaĺl - if my memory serves right - that SJS commented somewhere how drained he felt emotionally and physically after TMS that he needed to recover and recuperate both mentally and physically. ..sigh!

TGS looked absolutely fantastic throughout as did JJW....she really did go through a lot being with JJW...He was so mean to her...and then ironically TGS displayed her powers to JJW making HIM chase her...bravo TGS...sigh!

Certain episodes still make this old heart flutter (just quietly. ..). After all these months I still feel drawn to TMS when Im in need of some light hearted beauty and chemistry...sigh!

I absolutely love TMS....TMS FIGHTING!!!

☺☺

I haven't watch Hotel King, but planning to, just for the OTP.
Suddenly have this makjang idea...
What if Joo Joong Won is the General Manager of Kingdom Hotel, and Tae Gong Shil is the heiress of the hotel... And they're both in love with each other. BUT THEN, it turns out that they both might possibly be half-siblings... Hohoho, ohhhh makjang-ness galore...
But seriously, the My Girl OTP are cute, they have great chemistry but Hotel King is a somewhat heavy drama...
So I was thinking, if Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub were to act together in another drama that is a melodrama (with certain makjang elements), as is the case of Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae, would you still watch the new drama?

@shisuisenI don't know... that's a tough one... can a great OTP save a sinking (in my eyes) drama?I think if it is a premise I dislike, I don't believe I will be able to brave the entire drama, unless I have my fast-forward button to just skip to their scenes. That again is questionable.With TMS, we were truly blessed because we had an awesome script and an incredible OTP. By the same token, if we have the same TMS script, but with the Heirs parody cast, would we have survived the drama? For me, I highly doubt it.So after all that roundabout mumbling... I am guessing... probably will try to watch the drama if my favourite OTP is headlining it... but whether I would actually finish watching it, or poke my eyes out in despair, remains to be seen.

@liddi I feel the same way too.
In the case of Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae OTP, I love them in My Girl, but really hesitant to watch Hotel King since it has some classic makjang plots incorporated in it and it's a melodrama. Just my luck. The chemistry is still there, but the premise of the drama can be pretty tiresome. 
I suppose if So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin were to act in another drama but is a melodrama (with makjang-ness), not sure I can survive through the entire drama. If we suffer from the angst in TMS when Joong Won died, I can't imagine how to brave through the heart-wrenching angst in melodramas. D:
But for the OTP as well as the talented actor and actress, I suppose I would still give it a try and see how it'll goes. 
Although, if they were to act in sageuks, that's another different case. I can survive through angst in sageuks. 
In a lighter note, SBS is banning makjang in its station~ 

Archived