[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

jaiwook_08

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chajoowon

missabeat said:

I'm aware that this is a rom-com so ultimately romance will be "the best thing that's ever happened" to the main leads, but I think we can do without someone saying "you need a man/male energy" to Tae Yang's face in every episode. It's got old and tiring pretty fast.

Guest k3tuyet

Did anyone else tear up at the scene in ep 3 where the girl's mother and Gong Shil were talking under the sky? It was so touching. Gong Hyo Jin's acting is so good :((

@chajoowon: I think this show suffers when it tries to be melodramatic. I like the combination of horror and comedic elements. For instance, the scene where TY and JG ear-dropping on the husband's phone call, who cackling like an animated villain. The background music was suspenseful but also carried a humorous air to it. That ambiance made me think of old cartoons in the 80s, Scooby Doo or the likes. Campy but good. However, when they tried to be serious, it fell short of the desired effect. Like the scene the wife frantically drove away on the highway, I think the whole sequence looked over-the-top silly and ridiculous while it was meant to be serious :\

On the rule for the ghost appearance, I just remembered why I thought it lacked consistency. It's Hee Joo. She died in a car explosion, so her appearance had to be very hideous, but when Gong Sil first spotted her, she was just pale. How come?

Our Soompi Live Recap party is about to begin! The intrepid Softycadence will be recapping play-by-play, while the community reacts to the show live and offers spot translations in the comments :D
Please join us if you can!
http://www.soompi.com/2013/08/15/live-recap-masters-sun-episode-4/

Guest chajoowon

@missabeat 
Yeah i have same problem with when its melodramatic, thats the whole problem with the tone of the show so far. I also enjoy the comedy,horror why i find the lead characters, several other parts to be funny,enjoyable.  
Yeah ghost appearance of Hee Joo is a problem i thought about when i saw her normal just pale look.  They need to explain that better, Hee Joo doesnt need to solve anything from Tae Yang yet or she looks pale,pretty just because she is romantic interest of the hero who wants to possess the heroine and cant look terrible?   

Archived