[Drama 2013] Empire of Gold 황금의 제국

Guest facing

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also believe that she's probably perfecting her contract especially considering that she has just suffered from a not very good experience in her latest drama with MBC. And since it's very quiet & no rumors of possible actresses to fill up LYW's position until now, it's probable that she will be taking the role.

nikachan2008 said: I also believe that she's probably perfecting her contract especially considering that she has just suffered from a not very good experience in her latest drama with MBC. And since it's very quiet & no rumors of possible actresses to fill up LYW's position until now, it's probable that she will be taking the role.

I am sorry, it's only from my point of view. I don't know how LYW really felt about it, she never said anything after the drama. But I'm sure she heard or knew what the audience or the fans were talking about her role there & how everyone was feeling.. She was not given so much chance to fully utilize her talent there.. Her character was only like a supporting.. instead of the female lead of the drama.. Somehow I am speculating that it's probably because of that experience that LYW is making sure of everything here.. but it's only me saying this.. OK??? Thank you.

nikachan2008 said: I am sorry, it's only from my point of view. I don't know how LYW really felt about it, she never said anything after the drama. But I'm sure she heard or knew what the audience or the fans were talking about her role there & how everyone was feeling.. She was not given so much chance to fully utilize her talent there.. Her character was only like a supporting.. instead of the female lead of the drama.. Somehow I am speculating that it's probably because of that experience that LYW is making sure of everything here.. but it's only me saying this.. OK??? Thank you.

Guest NEWMARIO

Park Geun-hyeong "'Empire of Gold' will make a hit"

Source | 2013/05/16 | 24 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo310164.jpg

Actor Park Geun-hyeong expressed his expectations for the new SBS drama "Empire of Gold".

Park Geun-hyeong advised the cast of the drama "You can smell human in Park's writing. Don't overdo anything and just show what you feel".

The cast worked together on set being true to what Park Geun-hyeong said about seeing things the way they are.

Park Geun-hyeong is working with Park for the second time since the drama last year called, "THE CHASER - Drama". He claims "Empire of Gold" will make a bigger hit than "THE CHASER - Drama".

Park Geun-hyeong takes on the role of Choi Dong-seong who recovered the biggest group in Korea with his own bare hands and his brother. He suffers health loss after a tumor surgery.

"Empire of Gold" is a collaboration between writer Park Kyeong-soo and producer Jo Nam-gook. To be aired on the 1st of July.

Source : etv.sbs.co.kr/news/ne... ( English )

NEWMARIO said:

Park Geun-hyeong "'Empire of Gold' will make a hit"

Actor Park Geun-hyeong expressed his expectations for the new SBS drama "Empire of Gold".

Park Geun-hyeong advised the cast of the drama "You can smell human in Park's writing. Don't overdo anything and just show what you feel".

He claims "Empire of Gold" will make a bigger hit than "THE CHASER - Drama".

Park Geun-hyeong takes on the role of Choi Dong-seong who recovered the biggest group in Korea with his own bare hands and his brother. He suffers health loss after a tumor surgery.

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Go Soo in Empire of Gold’s first shoots

by javabeans | May 20, 2013 | 

empire1.jpg

With a month and half left till the premiere of Empire of Gold, the SBS follow-up drama from The Chaser’s producers, the show’s right on schedule with filming having commenced this past week. These stills feature the show’s star, Go Soo, in his return to TV after three years away (his last being 2009-10 romance melo Will It Snow For Christmas?).

Go Soo plays a common man who builds up his so-called empire of gold from out of nothing, in stark contrast to the chaebol powers who form the rival line, led by Sohn Hyun-joo. His character is smart, passionate, cheerful and has everything—except money, and for that reason he endures contempt and humiliation. As he works tirelessly toward his ambitions of success and wealth, he encounters betrayal and exploitation, which gradually transform him into a cold-as-ice victor.

The drama spans roughly twenty years, and at its outset our hero is a poor young man who’s raising his younger sister (Yoon Seung-ah). In the scene pictured here, oppa takes his sister to the market to bring their father some clothes, then buys her lunch. Though it’s purely narrative necessity that has the actors playing far below their ages for the early scenes, they fit those ages surprisingly well, don’t they? (Go Soo is 34; Yoon Seung-ah is 29.)

I’m excited to have Go Soo back on television, where I think he has more time to endear himself to viewers than in films. He has sort of a slow burn onscreen, where he starts off a bit aloof and then grows on you with his quietly strong energy. At least that’s been my experiences with his dramas Will It Snow For Christmas? and Green Rose, both of which had me thoroughly rooting for him by drama’s end. Plus, the rest of this cast is rock-solid (in addition to the cast already mentioned, there’s Park Geun-hyung, Jang Shin-young, Ryu Seung-soo, and Lee Hyun-jin), so anticipate solid performances all around.

Empire of Gold will follow current Monday-Tuesday drama Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love and premieres on July 1.

empire2.jpg

empire3.jpg

empire4.jpg

Via TV Daily

Ko Soo's First Filming

photo311855.jpg

Ko Soo, starring in the upcoming SBS drama "Empire of Gold" had his first filming session. This is Ko Soo's first drama come back in four years.

He takes on the role of Jang Tae-joo, a normal son who takes over the Empire of Gold. He has an intelligent brain, strong passion and delightful laugh but doesn't have money so he is ridiculed and looked down upon. He then suffers betrayal and turns into a cold-blooded adventurer.

The first scene was shot in Incheon with him and his little sister played by Yoon Seung-ah, buying a T-shirt for their father.

Ko Soo said, "I am nervous also because it's been a while. I tried hard to get used to it and I think I did a pretty good job".

Credits: Hankooki + HanCinema

Guest facing

IMO there's no way that they would start shooting drama without female lead so I guess LYW must have agreed to it already but still haven't finalized the contract maybe some little details. Anyway Go Soo looked great! Miss him in dramaland so much :x

Archived